WTF is up with BLTC?

WTF is up with BLTC?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Sreoom.3690

Sreoom.3690

So I have tons of crap to sell…and I can only sell several items before the Black Lion Trading Post gives me a selling error….why? This has been happening like forever. I have to waste my friggin time closing window, reopening window hoping that error won’t return…please get more stable.

“The Leaf on Wind”
JQ Ranger

WTF is up with BLTC?

Posted by: Yuki Aurelian.3098

Yuki Aurelian.3098

From what I heard about this, it’s a feature implemented to prevent bots from spam selling too quickly.

You can just wait a bit before trying to sell again, but yes, it’s frustrating for us ppl who have a lot to sell.

(edited by Yuki Aurelian.3098)

WTF is up with BLTC?

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Wasn’t it recently confirmed by a dev to be a bug? In a video or something?

WTF is up with BLTC?

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Yes. There was a screencap of an in-game map discussion with a dev where she stated that the ‘error attempting to sell’ bug was, indeed, a bug, and that it should be fixed soon.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

WTF is up with BLTC?

Posted by: Mel.8769

Mel.8769

Yes. There was a screencap of an in-game map discussion with a dev where she stated that the ‘error attempting to sell’ bug was, indeed, a bug, and that it should be fixed soon.

“Soon” hahahaha I know what that is dev speak for. :P

I do hope they fix it, as I like to play the market and the throttle hinders my game enjoyment. I usually get frustrated and quit playing for a day or so.

Common sense is a flower that doesn’t grow in everyone’s garden. -Unknown

WTF is up with BLTC?

StinVec.3621

“Soon” hahahaha I know what that is dev speak for. :P

I do hope they fix it, as I like to play the market and the throttle hinders my game enjoyment. I usually get frustrated and quit playing for a day or so.

:D Indeed.

I must say, I’ve not encountered the ‘error attempting to sell’ message for over a month. Unfortunately this is because I (any many others also) have to close the TP interface after every sale due to the TP being really horrible and refusing to load the sell page for the next item I click to sell. Having to close and reopen the TP for every item (if it even decides to load after reopening it) takes quite a long time to sell things off so I can’t possibly sell my items fast enough anymore to get the ‘error attempting to sell’ message.
:\

WTF is up with BLTC?

Mel.8769

Oh wow, I thought I was annoyed. You win!

I haven’t run into the not loading problem, but I do get the ‘error attempting to sell’ after about 5 or so transactions > close TP; wait a few mins > sell 1 item > get ‘error attempting to sell’ > wash, rinse, repeat after every transaction after the initial 5

Attachments:

WTF is up with BLTC?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I wonder what cause some people to have issues with the TP, and others not. I have no issue whatsoever with selling items. Maybe I don’t sell the right kinds of items to cause the bug, or I don’t sell fast enough?

It’s very odd.

WTF is up with BLTC?

Mel.8769

I sell a good amount pretty fast. I’m sure that is what triggers it.

It is more than likely a security measure that needs to be tweaked to decrease the throttle limitations, and/or have a back set of rules to check against before implementing the throttle.

WTF is up with BLTC?

Mel.8769

@StinVec Have you cleared the GW2 temp files? I had a similar problem a while back and that fixed it.

I’m sure you have, as you are a smart cookie, but it never hurts to ask. Sometimes I will forget the easiest/most obvious solution when I am solving my own problems. Then I will promptly (facepalm)

WTF is up with BLTC?

StinVec.3621

@StinVec Have you cleared the GW2 temp files? I had a similar problem a while back and that fixed it.

I’m sure you have, as you are a smart cookie, but it never hurts to ask. Sometimes I will forget the easiest/most obvious solution when I am solving my own problems. Then I will promptly (facepalm)

:D Thank you, that is kind of you to say! Aww….now I really want some cookies.

I cannot stand working at something for hours only to find out it was something insanely easy. Yes, facepalm normally follows shortly thereafter.

Unfortunately, this is not one of those times. I have tried clearing the temp files already and other potential issues regarding that directory.
:\

Thank you for the suggestion though! It doesn’t hurt to ask.

I was working out different potential causes for the issue when I discovered others were encountering the same issue as well. This led me to believe that it was not likely to be something I could correct on my end and was tied directly to functionality on their end. I couldn’t find any correlation between different elements that could reproduce the issue when desired. Once in a long while it will work fine enough to get 6 or 7 items sold quickly, but then it gets wonky. I’ve tried comparing high populated areas and unpopulated areas, high graphics settings with low graphics settings, latency and checking traceroutes, other potential conflicting programs or something.

I also hate having an issue I cannot fix and this is really bugging me, to put it mildly. :P Will still work at it to see if I can figure it out, if it is something that can be figured out and fixed on the user’s end.

WTF is up with BLTC?

Mel.8769

I believe it was you that suggested I clear the temp files after I made a bug report. I used to work tech support for another game company, when I saw the very well written reply I (see attachment).

I could have crawled under my desk from embarrassment.

Attachments:

WTF is up with BLTC?

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

I wonder what cause some people to have issues with the TP, and others not. I have no issue whatsoever with selling items. Maybe I don’t sell the right kinds of items to cause the bug, or I don’t sell fast enough?

It’s very odd.

Yes I also wonder what people does to cause the issues, maybe selling too fast indeed. I have been able to sell around 10, 20 or more items in a row without any problem, however I’m used to wait for the “OK” button to show up before switching items (yes, I don’t even click OK but I got straight to the next item). I have very very rarely seen the “error attempting to sell” message for months now. Maybe you guys need to bear about the system and be more patient :P

But then, if it’s a security feature I’m sure they won’t change it so soon and people would need to get used to it instead to try rushing the system. :P

WTF is up with BLTC?

Mel.8769

Maybe you guys need to bear about the system and be more patient :P

Normally I’d agree with you, but when I am custom making items that have been ordered to flip a profit and that 2 mins of throttle means that someone else filled the order and I have lost gold, I tend to loose my patience.