Warrior banner pick up disables all skills

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: epborden.7492

epborden.7492

This happens to me in WvW as that is what I exclusively play. I haven’t seen this yet, but this has been happening to me for months. Sometimes, but not always, when I go to try and pick up my banner I will receive this bug. The situation is when I try to pick up my banner my character will glitch and will not pick up the banner. If I try to pick up the banner after that my character will glitch around the banner and I can never pick it up again. Additionally after that happens ALL of my skills become disabled. Weapon switching, trait changing, item usage all do not fix the bug. I cannot get any of my skills back until I exit and reenter WvW.

Posted by: draconx.3102

draconx.3102

This can happen with any bundle. It is caused by the bundle disappearing while you are picking it up. You should be able to unbug it by dying — I think any loading screen might unbug it too.

Since you are picking up your own banner you can look at your cooldowns before doing so. If the banner is about to expire, don’t pick it up.

This has been reported many times in the past, but Anet has no interest in fixing it.

Posted by: epborden.7492

epborden.7492

This can happen with any bundle. It is caused by the bundle disappearing while you are picking it up. You should be able to unbug it by dying — I think any loading screen might unbug it too.

Since you are picking up your own banner you can look at your cooldowns before doing so. If the banner is about to expire, don’t pick it up.

This has been reported many times in the past, but Anet has no interest in fixing it.

Awesome, I did not know that. So generally I should not try to pick up my banner if it is close to expiring. I will try that out! It’s really annoying when you have to traverse the entire map and get all your stacks back just to get back to where you were.

Posted by: Geekfox.4267

Geekfox.4267

The bug existed since WvW Season 1. The only way to undo the bug is to get knocked down by falling high enough to face plant, by enemy’s crowd-control attack, or relogin into the map.

As draconx mentioned, we are not likely to see any fix.

Posted by: Sorin.4310

Sorin.4310

I don’t believe that is the only reason for this bug to occur. My guildmates and I have noticed this will also sometimes happen when you try to pick up something while moving. I’ve had it occur on items that don’t expire (items in a PS instance), but I was moving.

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

I created a thread on this not long ago

It’s a pretty astoundingly annoying bug, one that is frankly game breaking in some situations.

It seems like it also happens when you move past the pick up range of an object while picking it up, due to lag for example.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!