Weapon Master achievement and conditions

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Xhean.3452

Xhean.3452

The weapon master achievement doesn’t register a kill by a condition applied by your weapon, this makes it very hard to get kills with condition based weapons/builds, i.e. Necromancer scepter. Have to hit critters to get a kill registred.

Posted by: Nretep.2564

Nretep.2564

Well, there’re alot “conditions” which need to be met. For the scepter achievement, better not use a necro, that’s it. Necro is best class for doing the sword achievement and probably focus.

Posted by: Xhean.3452

Xhean.3452

necros can’t use sword focus and warhorn is good to do on necro though. Still think that if a condition applied from the weapon kills the target it should count

Nretep.2564

I know that necros can’t use swords, but still they still should be the profession easiest to get sword achievement …

Conditions are tied to players, not skills. If they were tied to skills (and players), they could make temporal curtain (mesmer focus #4) and symbol of swiftness (guard staff #3) stack swiftness.

Posted by: AeroJavi.1687

AeroJavi.1687

I know that necros can’t use swords, but still they still should be the profession easiest to get sword achievement …

>Of course, getting the achievement for sword should be easy playing a profession that uses no swords.

Conditions are tied to players, not skills. If they were tied to skills (and players), they could make temporal curtain (mesmer focus #4) and symbol of swiftness (guard staff #3) stack swiftness.

>Implying that, the fact that the conditions are tied to a player makes them not stackable by different players. Like a warrior can’t stack swiftness with warhorn to the swiftness of a mesmer temp curtain. Of course.

I have the impression we have a real sage here…

Nretep.2564

@Aero
You seem to not understand anything I say. If you don’t understand how coding SoS and TC in terms of swiftness stacking would work, I won’t have to explain.

In short, don’t think others are stupid because you don’t understand what they say.

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Conditions are tied to players, not skills.

Erhm… no? If my pistol skill puts bleed (#1), poison (#2) or burn (#4) on an enemy, and the enemy dies from bleed, poison or burn, then certainly the pistol should get credit for this…?

(edited by Pixelpumpkin.4608)

Posted by: AeroJavi.1687

AeroJavi.1687

@Aero
You seem to not understand anything I say. If you don’t understand how coding SoS and TC in terms of swiftness stacking would work, I won’t have to explain.

In short, don’t think others are stupid because you don’t understand what they say.

Your post was bright as pointing your flashlight straight into your own eyes. Certainly it’s a great level of stupid when you think the rest of people are because they don’t understand you, blind to the fact that they understood you so well that they realised you are just talking stupid.

Posted by: Topher.1684

Topher.1684

…I still don’t understand what you are trying to say here…a profession that can’t use a weapon should have the easiest time leveling said weapon master achievement?

Nretep.2564

Conditions are tied to players, not skills.

Erhm… no? If my pistol skill puts bleed (#1), poison (#2) or burn (#4) on an enemy, and the enemy dies from bleed, poison or burn, then certainly the pistol should get credit for this…?

did I say “should” ? Do you want to discuss how the current system works here and now ?

…I still don’t understand what you are trying to say here…a profession that can’t use a weapon should have the easiest time leveling said weapon master achievement?

If I tell everyone now, it’ll get … “changed”. I do have my sword master already – I suppose mainly from my necro – so I’d not care about it myself, but you might not want to wake someone up.
So, just test your abilities and watch achievements.

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

If I tell everyone now, it’ll get … “changed”. I do have my sword master already – I suppose mainly from my necro – so I’d not care about it myself, but you might not want to wake someone up.
So, just test your abilities and watch achievements.

I’m quite sure this will be changed soon. It’s not like this is a secret any more. You read a lot about it recently and this will lead to someone waking up soon…

Posted by: Topher.1684

Topher.1684

eh, now that I know about this bug, I still don’t think necro is the best class to get sword kills on :P Now if you could tell us what gives us shield (or even focus/torch/warhorn) credits I think many will be appreciative!

Posted by: Euryon.9248

Euryon.9248

Bumping, because I’ve got shield equipped on Engie and neither 4 nor 5 seem to move the shield master up even when the damage they do is definitely the killing blow. Is there a definitive list anywhere of which skills do/do not contribute to the weapon master achievements? (e.g., I know the phantasms from mesmer weapons do NOT help the achievement).

Posted by: AlphaMuppet.4397

AlphaMuppet.4397

If you smack a rabbit with a shield it definitely counts.
I have smacked about 2.5k rabbits so far :}