Weapon placement on players(human) hips

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: YaHiKoDrG.3467

YaHiKoDrG.3467

So I noticed after the last patch on my warrior the placement of my axes while sheathed have been changed to be placed further out on my hips, This makes them just floating and not part of my gear. I don’t care for the “slipping” you may have seen but atleast the weapons looked like they were on the players hips. If you don’t want clipping base weapon placement based on the armor, or move them to the characters back.

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

I’ve noticed this too, as I run my warrior with dual axes and fairly close-fitting armor. Really didn’t think much about it, as I’ve become used to both gaps and clipping depending on what gear is in use and where it it’s located. If it is indeed an intentional change to compensate for something, I’m going to guess it’s a “best option” sort of thing, where you’ll get some anomalies and some “fixes” to the visuals as the changes are probably a global thing, rather than anyone spending time manually playing with the models or templates (or whatever the proper art-guy jargon is) in specific cases.

Posted by: YaHiKoDrG.3467

YaHiKoDrG.3467

I’ve noticed this too, as I run my warrior with dual axes and fairly close-fitting armor. Really didn’t think much about it, as I’ve become used to both gaps and clipping depending on what gear is in use and where it it’s located. If it is indeed an intentional change to compensate for something, I’m going to guess it’s a “best option” sort of thing, where you’ll get some anomalies and some “fixes” to the visuals as the changes are probably a global thing, rather than anyone spending time manually playing with the models or templates (or whatever the proper art-guy jargon is) in specific cases.

The biggest problem I have with my warrior is before the axes sat on my characters hits and they felt like my character was wearing them. Now they are just floating and are clipping into my characters hands which is far worse IMO. I dunno GW1 has a bunch of armor clipping so this change just seems weird. I understand trying to fix the charr/asura clipping issues but I felt humans were fine as they were.