Whisperer Rifle Skin Changed

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Raynohr.4712

Raynohr.4712

The skin on my whisperer rifle changed overnight for some reason. It reverted back to the generic blunderbuss model. Anyone else have this problem?

Posted by: Weresentme.2089

Weresentme.2089

I had the same issue!

Posted by: Donedusted.9846

Donedusted.9846

Have the same issue with both staff and scepter. Many people have mentioned that they have had the same, all with the Whisperer skins. Have Anet just removed this skin from the game or is it a bug with this specific skin?

Posted by: Yaro.7065

Yaro.7065

Same Issue with Whisperer Axe. Man that default axe lacks imagination :P

Posted by: Weresentme.2089

Weresentme.2089

The skin still exists. It looks like they just reset all weapon skins with the patch for some reason

Posted by: Inochi.2756

Inochi.2756

I want my visual transfer badges back if they don’t give me back my model… but I rather would like my rifle model back.

Posted by: Booke.9284

Booke.9284

The skin still exists. It looks like they just reset all weapon skins with the patch for some reason

Not quite. Buying a new Whisperer weapon from the trading post will net you a Mighty weapon of the same type when you pick the item up. The name even changes to Mighty. I’d wager it’s a simple database issue over anything directly skin-related.

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

There are some armor skin issues since the last update, as well. I noticed it on gem store armor skins and a couple of others on human females. It causes the torso’s to be colored weirdly.

Posted by: Kahooie.7918

Kahooie.7918

My staff reverted to the original skin too. If this is a known bug, please tell us so we won’t waste our transmutation stones until it’s fixed. It would be nice if I could at least recieve a stone in the mail, if not a staff with the skin I lost. It wouldn’t have to have nice stats, just the skin I like and lost in the first place.

Posted by: mario.7468

mario.7468

same issue i posted a new one as i never saw this posting

Posted by: draeath.8536

draeath.8536

In another post, we found out why.

You are only supposed to get that skin via your Personal Story, in a specific story path/branch.

So, they reverted the weapons that were obtained otherwise.

If you like the skin, you need to join the Order of Whispers in your Personal Story and purchase it.