Whispers Boots - daggers now red?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Ithilai.5142

Ithilai.5142

I didn’t know exactly where to put this, since I don’t know if this is a bug or intentional. Sorry if it’s in the wrong place, feel free to move it.

Earlier today, I bought the Whispers Boots from the Order of Whispers armor vendor. The daggers on the outer side of the boots were then a silvery steel color, perfectly acceptable for a bladed weapon.

Now, after the patch, I put the boots back on (they were to be part of my new RP set), and the daggers are completely red. They look like plastic toys. There is no option to change the dye color of that part of the boot. I’ve added screenshots of the boots (sorry about the angle in the first one – I didn’t know I’d have to use it in this context) where you can rather clearly see the difference in color of the dagger attachment, as well as one that proves I haven’t accidentally dyed them.

I’ve asked others to preview the boots. It shows up with silvery daggers for most of them, with one or two people reporting them as the red you see in the screenshot.

Now, I’d love for an Arena Net rep to tell me whether this is a deliberate change. If yes, I’d like to know why on earth you thought it was a good idea to make a weapon look like a plastic toy.

I’d also like to know if others have the same problem (yes, it is a problem for me), if you’ve figured out a way to make them stop being red, or if you’ve seen it written anywhere that this is an actual change I have to live with.

Thanks.

Attachments:

Posted by: DoRnbush.7984

DoRnbush.7984

I can confirm that this happened to my Ranger character as well. I would like the daggers to go back to being brown or able to be dyed. I’m not sure if the change was intentional or not.

Posted by: Shadowborn.3529

Shadowborn.3529

Its broke again, has happened in the last big update but was fixed in a day. This is somehow now taken 4 days + to work out and still not yet done. Please fix this and give us our dye options back on our outfits.

Posted by: endirasae.3015

endirasae.3015

I have this problem on my thief, and filed a bug report.

Not only are the daggers on these boots bright red now, but previously they were able to be dyed. Now they’re not.

Posted by: WarWrath.4876

WarWrath.4876

I confirm this bug too. Would be nice to change the color of the daggers again.

Posted by: Gabe.3976

Gabe.3976

Lots of people have reported this. There’s an ongoing thread that dates back to when a similar bug occurred a few months ago. It’s been a month, no fix.

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

I’ve had a similar problem with my Medium Whispers Coat.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Posted by: JamesMyre.4071

JamesMyre.4071

Just confirming that it’s the same case for me. They weren’t always red, but now they are and it really throws off my look.

http://i.imgur.com/o1PIeVg.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/BK8TWpX.jpg

Posted by: Raphael.6501

Raphael.6501

Same problem with my W-Boots

Posted by: Kerishan.8460

Kerishan.8460

Same here, and that red don’t fit my style at all now.

Posted by: Yaro.4082

Yaro.4082

Same problem with my whisperers boots + pants…

Posted by: silverliner.8972

silverliner.8972

Good to know that it’s not only me that’s having this prob. Did some comparison when I suited up my ranger today, my thief also has the same boots (for my thief I suited her up a long time ago). The OoW boots hav 3 slots actually; 1 for the base, 1 for the embroidery and 1 for the dagger. Guess the bug just popped up recently. If you noticed the strap on the OoW pants is also red and there’s no way to change tht as well.

Attachments:

Posted by: Liege.3140

Liege.3140

It is not only you, that is for sure. Coat has the same horrible red trim and now non-existent dye slot. Anyone who is having this issue, keep checking in. Hopefully that will encourage some sort of response. There has been no word on a fix since this occurred nearly 2 months ago during the beginning of the whole Sky Pirates patch. Giving out a new thread and the old merged one that has all the screenshots and information provided by the players.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Order-of-Whispers-armor-still-bugged/first#post2569155

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Cannot-Dye-OoW-Armor-Merged/page/6#post2555846

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

Anet doesn’t care about role-players much it seems.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

Posted by: KittenMilkshake.4578

KittenMilkshake.4578

Still a pretty big problem on account my thief is all greyish shades of blue…then the daggers stick out like a sore thumb.