Whistle of death in new LA

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

Twilight zone moments, lol. Three times now I’ve been just running along in the new LA map, have heard a whistle (like when the rangers summon their pets), all the players and NPC’s nearby disappear, and I just drop dead. First two times near the lighthouse, this last time while entering the bank. It’s really bizarre. I’m wondering if I’m still even visible to everyone else when it happens. I was in the entrance of the bank and when I ran back it was quite crowded, yet nobody rezzed me.

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Haven’t seen this, but I’ve not been in LA much.
I have seen though times where someone cannot be rezzed. Usually a terrain problem in those cases though so not sure what might be going on.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

There’s not much point rezzing in a city (outside of puzzles). That said, a lot of times people can die in such a way that where their body appears to be is not where you need to be standing in order to revive them. Sometimes those two places are far enough away that you cannot stand within range of the correct place to revive them and still be able to interact with their body to begin rezzing. So it’s possible that even if people did see you they might not have been able to do anything about it.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

Hmm, I’ve heard that whistle, but I certainly never dropped dead. Interesting.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’ve been seeing some threads in the WvW forum about people disappearing and then instant death. Here’s one that mentions it: WvW issues. All players disappearing, though it talks about lag and rubberbanding also.

One post

Adding to the issues… can be running with no enemies around and just randomly drop dead. This is ridiculous.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

KStudios.2850

I’ve been seeing some threads in the WvW forum about people disappearing and then instant death. Here’s one that mentions it: WvW issues. All players disappearing, though it talks about lag and rubberbanding also.

One post

Adding to the issues… can be running with no enemies around and just randomly drop dead. This is ridiculous.

I’m experiencing neither of those things though, lol. Just the Death Whistle.

Yumiko Togashii

Posted by: hazenvirus.8154

hazenvirus.8154

This happened to me while doing the new JP. I was just walking along a plank and dropped dead. There was nothing in the combat log and I just logged off because of I had just spent an hour working my way through the puzzle to learn it.

GG Anet, you win.

Posted by: GussJr.1643

GussJr.1643

I was leading a chest train in SW 2 nights ago, and something similar happened…except half the map glitched. Weirdest thing ever.

~COLLAMETTA~DELVANAI~

(edited by GussJr.1643)

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

There is something in Tyria that is more scary than Moredremoth. Perhaps Zhaitan is making a return? That piece of tail in the priory was always suspicious with you know.... The body and head missing. Whatever it is it sounds sinister by nature. Beware.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Maybe it’s a reappearance of the killer terrain glitch, where a small change in the terrain gives you instant death. (The whistle is probably a coincidence then).

I had a guildie die instantly from the killer terrain glitch from stepping off a tiny rock once.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Conski Deshan.2057

Conski Deshan.2057

I’ve encountered that bug too since the patch.
Just walking around SW , suddenly hit for 300k damage, then just full dead. Sound was muted so can’t confirm the noise.

[RoF] and [BL] guild leader
11x level 80’s 80+ Titles 2600+ skins , still a long way to go.

KStudios.2850

Maybe it’s a reappearance of the killer terrain glitch, where a small change in the terrain gives you instant death. (The whistle is probably a coincidence then).

I had a guildie die instantly from the killer terrain glitch from stepping off a tiny rock once.

It’s possible. I do explore and hang out to catch NPC dialogue a lot, so the seemingly high frequency of my encounter with this glitch may just be happenstance.

Also… and off topic.

There is something in Tyria that is more scary than Moredremoth. Perhaps Zhaitan is making a return? That piece of tail in the priory was always suspicious with you know…. The body and head missing. Whatever it is it sounds sinister by nature. Beware.

They HOPE that’s his tail. Lmao!

Yumiko Togashii

(edited by KStudios.2850)

Posted by: That Guy.5704

That Guy.5704

Just walking around SW , suddenly hit for 300k damage, then just full dead. Sound was muted so can’t confirm the noise.

did you check what combat log attributed it to?

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

KStudios.2850

It has been a day or two, and I can say that this bug is not limited to merely the new LA map. I watched a party member randomly drop dead in front of me while we were milling about trying to catch up with the Commander in EotM earlier today. She and I were merely running across a bridge otherwise without duress and she just fell over dead.

Yumiko Togashii

KStudios.2850

Fascinating… I’d not even had the forethought to consider checking the combat log. I shall do this next time it happens.

Yumiko Togashii

Posted by: Firedancer.8350

Firedancer.8350

It was happening in Fields of Ruin last night as well.

Massive rubber banding, 3000 Pings and people inexplicably dropping dead like flies.

Even in the city of Ebonhawk without an enemy in sight.