"Wrong" Decision In Personal Story

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Awman.2715

Awman.2715

Ok so here’s the thing: I was reviewing the decision options of a quest and I accidentally clicked on one of them, that wasn’t the one I was going to pick. Decisions in personal story quests have a big impact on how you’re gonna play the rest of the game. Apparently there’s no way to reset that kind of thing and that’s a bummer, it completely ruined it for me.

A way to prevent this is adding a: “Are you sure? Yes – No” question, so that other people don’t suffer my fate.
:’(

Posted by: nachtnebel.9168

nachtnebel.9168

No, just no. Please no “Are you sure?” popups just cause someone made a stupid mistake.

I’m fine with an option to undo the last decision, but don’t ruin my gameplay experience by implementing some DAU-dialogs.

Salix Babylonica (Necro), Tharnath (Guardian), N Faculty (Mesmer),
Occam Pi (Ele), Acaena Elongata (Warrior), Finja Salversdotir (Ranger),
Bytestream (Engineer), Vim Whitespace (Thief)

Awman.2715

No, just no. Please no “Are you sure?” popups just cause someone made a stupid mistake.

I’m fine with an option to undo the last decision, but don’t ruin my gameplay experience by implementing some DAU-dialogs.

It doesn’t have to be a pop-up window, it can be implemented as part of the quest dialogue. And misclicking may be a stupid mistake but it is a common one. An undo wouldn’t be bad either.

(edited by Awman.2715)

Posted by: Gerbil.3510

Gerbil.3510

I agree with Nachtnebel those “Are you sure” popups would destroye some of the experience.

Sorry Awman but you will have to be more carefull next time you chose.

Awman.2715

A guy has been stealing the local farm’s potatoes. NPC A suggests that you capture the thief to send him to the jail. NPC B believes that killing him will end the problem forever.

NPC B
Killing him is the best option, man. So, what do you say?

*Ok let’s kill him.
*WHAT?! Kill a guy for stealing potatoes? Forget it.

The player chose the first option.

(The “are you sure” question)
NPC B
Ha! He will never see it coming.

*Haha, let’s do this. (The “yes”)
*Ummm… I don’t know about this, maybe we’re overreacting. (The “no”)

-I can’t see how that can ruin the game experience.-