WvW errors - Reported by not addressed

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Every time one of these happens in the game, I put in a report.

I wait, and wait, weeks on end without a resolution.

Why doesn’t Anet allow us to expand on the issue we are seeing when we put them in a bug report? They know who we are, they can ask any further questions if clarification is needed to reproduce the errors. Our emails are easily accessed – I can’t think of a single person who would see it as anything but a real help and interest in making WvW a fully formed gaming experience.

WvW is a mess, with errors galore from the beginning that still have no resolution nor care, such as the vistas which have an icon when seen for the first time but no names, no designations, no hint that this mode of gameplay is even in GW2-land…

Present issues still happening

Getting stuck in walls and rocks but the enemy can still kill you.

Icons going sideways.

Icons disappearing completely. NO idea what a property is or its color.

Weapons, then my whole character disappearing ONLY in WvW.

Mislabeled camps which are the wrong color regardless of who owns them.

I have so many screenshots of the items listed above…

These glaring issues I have reported and reported and reported. The second one twice so far, and that is the one I have least number of occurrences of, but the others continue to plague me week after awful week and only in WvW.

You want the pictures? Email me. I am an adult and I’d like to be treated like one in a game where I have spent an extremely significant amount of time in over the past four plus years. You email for tickets, well, you used to, not one of my tickets have been answered in over two months. I gave up trying to put in tickets, as many others have or will since there’s no response at all , not even a confirmation.

Doesn’t Anet want to know there are glitches in the communication between ticketing and the help desk?

WvW has been almost unplayable for the last few weeks – you have overwhelmed the servers and people who are in them – not caring that some actually wanted to be on a smaller, less busy server, now all are blobby, angry, spy-ridden and even threatening, besides the obvious collusion between some to overwhelm and change the score of others. It’s not a fair skill test, which is what I thought WvW was going to be, expanding on PvP in a huge and important manner… So bug umpteen is the stop-action-and-game-ending lag.

We need our WvW cared for – as one who uses it for MEDICAL reasons, the details of which I will certainly spare you, I can tell you that more and more older people will find this game to be of use for many different reasons, we need it to be healthy, playable and fun, not a ‘gee, my four servers against your one, 24/7 has yours locked to your spawns on all maps’ rage-quit and salt-fest.

Give us some hope for WvW, some modicum of help in there to fix what are becoming very game ending issues for many – at least in that gaming mode, where many swear they won’t set foot because it is so amazingly toxic and ‘you can’t play your way’ mentality.

We love our favorite gamemode.

Please fix it and give us back some balance – undo the failed server linkings and if you want to really give a boost to WvW players gamewide, please give us back our tournaments.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

(edited by atheria.2837)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If you are not getting replies to your web-form tickets, you might consider perusing this: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Not-Getting-Our-E-mails-Hotmail-Yahoo-Gmail-Comcast/first#post3785262

As indicated on the in-game Bug Report windows, those reports will garner no response.

Good luck.

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

It is also worth noting that, while playing WvW, I cannot say that I have experienced that long list of bugs your mention. While that is just my own experience, it does hint that some or all of the issues may not be as universal as you suggest.

Have you tried the `-repair` option to GW2, or deleting and redownloading the gw2.dat file? Perhaps some of the issues, especially vanishing models, are related to local corruption?

atheria.2837

If you are not getting replies to your web-form tickets, you might consider perusing this: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Not-Getting-Our-E-mails-Hotmail-Yahoo-Gmail-Comcast/first#post3785262

As indicated on the in-game Bug Report windows, those reports will garner no response.

Good luck.

Tickets put into the website, not in game reports.

It’s not my website nor my email.

Different issue: In game reports are doing nothing – absolutely nothing so why is it there at all ?

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

atheria.2837

It is also worth noting that, while playing WvW, I cannot say that I have experienced that long list of bugs your mention. While that is just my own experience, it does hint that some or all of the issues may not be as universal as you suggest.

Have you tried the `-repair` option to GW2, or deleting and redownloading the gw2.dat file? Perhaps some of the issues, especially vanishing models, are related to local corruption?

Repair has NEVER worked on my system – Anet knows it and won’t help. I have the emails. The fact that it doesn’t work for many should tell Anet something but they, to date, will not listen to any of us.

Secondly, I have already uninstalled and REINSTALLED in a DIFFERENT drive and a DIFFERENT file so it’s not my issue, it’s Anet’s ‘issue’.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The fact that you are not getting the automated replies indicates that either your emails are not making it to the CS Team, or your provider is blocking the replies.

Try using a different email provider.

Good luck.

SlippyCheeze.5483

Repair has NEVER worked on my system – Anet knows it and won’t help. I have the emails. The fact that it doesn’t work for many should tell Anet something but they, to date, will not listen to any of us.

Secondly, I have already uninstalled and REINSTALLED in a DIFFERENT drive and a DIFFERENT file so it’s not my issue, it’s Anet’s ‘issue’.

I’m not sure if you are trying to say that “running repair did not fix [your] problems”, or “running repair didn’t work correctly”. It might be beneficial for this discussion to clarify that?

Being able to reproduce this with a clean install certainly suggests that it’s not tied to the content of the file. That does not rule out local hardware or software issues, though. In either case, best of luck!

atheria.2837

I’m not sure if you are trying to say that “running repair did not fix [your] problems”, or “running repair didn’t work correctly”. It might be beneficial for this discussion to clarify that?

Being able to reproduce this with a clean install certainly suggests that it’s not tied to the content of the file. That does not rule out local hardware or software issues, though. In either case, best of luck!

I have tried many times since the release of the game to do a “repair”.

Go look it up, “repair” works for very, very few.

The game bugged to death, quest chains on many maps are bugged so it’s not just WvW, but when one can’t even see a property’s color or ANY of the above listed bugs that still to this day are not fixed, something is wrong, not with the computer, but with the information exchanged between server AND the client.

WvW is in dire shape, but don’t bother caring, you’re probably not even in there a tenth of the time most of us are who DO care about it and see the glaring inaccuracies and blatant neglect.

And my email has nothing to do with “not” getting answers from a ticket – I get emails from GW2 just fine… no issues on my side, but they don’t have ‘email’, they have a ticketing system that uses a form, not an email account that could possibly at the very least be trackable and provable. If we can’t track what we send, it’s our word against theirs… and we all lose.

SlippyCheeze.5483

I have tried many times since the release of the game to do a “repair”.

Go look it up, “repair” works for very, very few.

The game bugged to death, quest chains on many maps are bugged so it’s not just WvW, but when one can’t even see a property’s color or ANY of the above listed bugs that still to this day are not fixed, something is wrong, not with the computer, but with the information exchanged between server AND the client.

WvW is in dire shape, but don’t bother caring, you’re probably not even in there a tenth of the time most of us are who DO care about it and see the glaring inaccuracies and blatant neglect.

And my email has nothing to do with “not” getting answers from a ticket – I get emails from GW2 just fine… no issues on my side, but they don’t have ‘email’, they have a ticketing system that uses a form, not an email account that could possibly at the very least be trackable and provable. If we can’t track what we send, it’s our word against theirs… and we all lose.

I have to say here, your attitude really, really isn’t going to motivate anyone to want to help you out. You are that customer standing in line, screaming at the top of your lungs because you didn’t want bacon in a bacon cheeseburger, and you don’t know why they didn’t read your mind to put it in there.

In what might help, the email being referred to was the one generated after you submit a ticket via the form. The ANet support system send you an automatic email to confirm that, hey, your ticket was received.

That is, the tool to allow you to track that your ticket was sent, and received by ANet.

It is probably also worth remembering that the problems you describe are gross, obvious, constant problems. If the game was so broken that they happened all the time, for all the players, they would be solved.

Since they don’t, in the experience of others, exists to that degree, we suggest things that might help you out. Not will, but might. Because we would prefer you not to suffer like this.

All that said, I think you would probably be better served playing something else. It’s clear that both GW2 does not work for you correctly, and that the support you receive is not to your satisfaction.

Given that neither of those is highly likely to change, I’d strongly encourage you to consider other games, where you might have a much less aggravating experience.