illusions dying vs stealthed opponent

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

At the end of the day, this will be seen as working as intended.

Perfect timing for a Wv3 (sort of) update, to break the mesmer class in PvP. At least let one of the million warrior testers inhouse try to play a mesmer. How a bug like this can go live and stay for over 20 hours is beyond me…

Where is your eSports centric thinking now? If this is game is seen as eSports, this kind of stuff should not happen, letting it sit for hours is a crime and a shame.

Posted by: Bumbler.7581

Bumbler.7581

Snip.

When I get home, I will fight one of the jaguars or skelk in Maguuma to see if their stealth destroys illusions.

Just tested this out with some Jaguars and this is happening consistently in PvE as well, so it’s an across the board game breaking bug.

Have to admit it is ironic though that just after threatening a major nerf to ‘clone-death’ builds they somehow introduced a bug that effectively eliminates all builds except ‘clone-death’.

It’s funny but I’m not laughing.

Thank you for double checking this! I edited my comment above.

I guess when an enemy player or npc goes into stealth, the enemy still exists. Once the enemy reappears, it is as if the original enemy is dying and a new one has appeared, causing them to explode.

In Chancery (Jade Quarry, NA) – The Instance Mesmer
#readingLFGisOP #savethewarden
#wallsfixdungeons

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

-snip-

Wow. Words fail me.

Posted by: Derond.7930

Derond.7930

I see your point, but this clearly has to be a bug. Removing clones from mesmers, and even if it’s because of a stealthed target, is like removing stealth from backstab-thiefs, minions from mm, pets from ranger, element swap from eles and so on.It’s a class mechanic, so nearly every build requires clones. And the dmg a Mesmer does without clones is just laughable. So please inform you before posting such statements on the forum.

Posted by: Wasbunny.6531

Wasbunny.6531

I’m not only keeping my Mesmer completely away from WvW or PvP until this bug is fixed, but as a show of solidarity to my Mesmer comrades I’m keeping my thief out as well. Once I realized one of my Thief’s healing skills could basically one-shot any Mesmer with this bug (with no counter) I’ve decided to bench my thief as well.

If stealth killed Ranger pets, reduced a Warrior’s adrenaline to 0, fully boon stripped a guardian or whatever I would do the same.

Hang in there fellow Mesmers it’s only been…erm…well…24hrs.
Hmm…well still, hang in there…they’ll get this fixed eventually.

~An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.~

Posted by: Allie Murdock

Previous

Allie Murdock

Community Coordinator

We have a hotfix for this coming. Keep an eye on on Mark’s post for news!

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Excellent! Thanks Allie (and Grouch)!
btw, welcome back Allie

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

Saturn, you can keep your unneeded sarcasm for yourself!
If you can’t contribute to this discussion in a constructive way, I suggest you to just stay quite.
This kind of silly sarcasm makes you look just only very immature.

This is no matter of who has more clues, keep this niveauless kitten comparison for yourself, thats not my style!

I’m sorry, but my sarcasm was very well needed. What you’ve said is, that Mesmers would actually need to get some skill instead of facerolling if this bug doesn’t get fixed. Which is the same as suggesting to remove stealth and evades from Thieves. Mesmers can not do much without Illusions. The class is completely based around them. And with this bug existing, no Mesmer would be able to become even remotely dangerous to any class that has frequent access to stealth. And your answer to this was “Mesmers just need to actually get some skill”. I was facepalming so hard, I just couldn’t help and make that sarcastic remark. Call it my attempt to show you how absurd your post is.

Yay! =)

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

I’ll just assume the mm bug since launch is being looked at too.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Wasbunny.6531

Great! Thanks Allie for updating us.

~An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.~

Posted by: Phi Is Sly.1857

Phi Is Sly.1857

Why is this getting hotfixed? when thier are 100’s of broken skills in the game what have been waiting a good part of a year for fixing. :S

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Why is this getting hotfixed? when thier are 100’s of broken skills in the game what have been waiting a good part of a year for fixing. :S

Or longer.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I agree there are other things that could be dealt with quickly, but this seriously harms the basis of an entire class (illusions) – I should think it would be fixed fast.

On that note, good on the devs for doing that.

Posted by: Mochann.5298

Mochann.5298

-snip-

Of course! And remove evades and stealth from Thieves, so they actually need to play properly! Also, don’t forget to remove conditions from Necromancers… as it is now, they only need to faceroll to win any fight! And while you’re at it… Guardians spam too much Aegis, and all that healing! Such a skill-less class. And oh of course, Rangers! They insta-kill you from 1500 units away all the time while their pets make them essentially immortal if you should ever happen to get a hit on them! Oh and…

tl;dr: You obviously have no idea what you’re talking about.

You know what I noticed? I noticed Eles didn’t make your list. Gee, I wonder why.

#ELEtism on Eredon Terrace

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

-snip-

Of course! And remove evades and stealth from Thieves, so they actually need to play properly! Also, don’t forget to remove conditions from Necromancers… as it is now, they only need to faceroll to win any fight! And while you’re at it… Guardians spam too much Aegis, and all that healing! Such a skill-less class. And oh of course, Rangers! They insta-kill you from 1500 units away all the time while their pets make them essentially immortal if you should ever happen to get a hit on them! Oh and…

tl;dr: You obviously have no idea what you’re talking about.

You know what I noticed? I noticed Eles didn’t make your list. Gee, I wonder why.

Because listing all the classes wasn’t my intention. The intention was to make clear how absurd this post was.

But if it makes you feel better: Nerf ele condition removal! They so OP! Also, they have perma-vigor and lots of heals and they are all over the place and their burst is insane! Also, they have lots of AoE and it hurts! Over ninethousand crits, and that in AoE! And those boons!! Boons everywhere!!! So op!!!! Nerf!!1!!1!oneleven!!!

:P

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

Highly appretiated!

This is not how Illusions are designed. That is how they are programmed. Illusions are supposed to be created in the opponents mind. So why would going into stealth make them disappear? The current situation is caused by a flaw in the game mechanics and does not align with the way it should be.

How would a Ranger feel when his Pet and Spirits perished when someone stealthed?
How would a Necromancer feel when his Minions went back to hell?
How would an Engineer feel if his turrets exploded? Without blast finisher, of course!
Heck, even a Thief would be annoyed when his Guild vanished because of stealth.

For equality reasons enter some random Spirit Weapon, Elemental and Banner comment here. We don’t want anyone to feel neglected, right?

Illusions are a core mechanic of Mesmers and are needed for many purposes. Yet, you make it sound like their only job is to deal damage while being AFK. That’s simply not true. If you are looking for a hard counter: Ignore Clones. Kill Phantasms. Easy.

Posted by: Fhaeris.9237

Fhaeris.9237

Nice, thanks

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Its totalyl irrelevant, how they lose their targets, be it through stealth, or through killign the opponnent.
Both in fact just is the exact same thing to trigger the disappearing of the clone.

No it’s NOT. An illusion is created by mesmer’s mind – it is the basic of it’s mechanic. If a target stealths, the mesmer knows it went into stealth and not simply died. Why would a mesmer destroy his illusions? It makes no sense at all.

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Saturn, you can keep your unneeded sarcasm for yourself!
If you can’t contribute to this discussion in a constructive way, I suggest you to just stay quite.
This kind of silly sarcasm makes you look just only very immature.

This is no matter of who has more clues, keep this niveauless kitten comparison for yourself, thats not my style!
What I’ve written was just only a little brainstorming based on a suggestion someone else has made here, that I found interesting and by far better, than to just mindless swing the reversal bat too early, only because of some crybabies which believe that each change Anet does to the Game, which they personally don’t like, must be always direct be a bug.

However – by the reaction of Josh, one might think this now to be the case, but even if so, this still doesn’t mean, that out of an unintended bug can’’t come out maybe with some creativity something, that could be better than how the game worked before the change.

I for myself wish me only, some people here would become finally really alot more open minded and would stop to see every tiny change always directly like a little doom of the world .. sheesh

In the end its still regardless of what you or me think over this here.
Its ANets final decision to decide over, what is best for the game and if maybe the Devs find it perhaps also interesting to reiterate over the Clone Disappear mechanic in regard of Stealth…

The thing is, you’re so far out in left field, so far off the wall, so far out in space, so away with the fairies, so incredibly insane, that it’s clear you have absolutely no idea about the mesmer class as it has been created and continues to function on a very basic, fundamental level, and no reasonable, rational, half-decent mesmer could even begin to accept or even countenance what you’re suggesting.

Posted by: QQing.3089

QQing.3089

Where is my hotfix -.-

Posted by: piffdaddy.8014

piffdaddy.8014

It is sickening how people are using this BUG to try and lobby for mesmer nerfs. Mesmers don’t need nerfs, bad players need buffs to their skill! New/bad players hate mesmers because they can’t just tab target and spam auto attack….against a mesmer you have to actually pay attention to their movement and find the real one. Some people just refuse to actively pay attention to the game as they are playing it. They just want to do omgwtfdps and not have to time it or pay any attention.

All you people lobbying for mesmer nerfs need to learn to play. This is a serious bug and really ruins mesmers in all aspects of the game (even pve). Having the mossman in fractals stealth ruins mesmer damage during that boss fight. This needs fixing.

Posted by: MakeitNeil.4561

MakeitNeil.4561

Where is my hotfix -.-

^^^^^^^^^
| | | | | | | | | |
| | | | | | | | | |
| | | | | | | | | |

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

to those crying for mesmer nerfs : to beat a mesmer, play a mesmer. then you’ll know the one dodging/moving the most is the real mesmer.

anyway the patch note says this is now fixed. i haven’t tested it yet.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Wasbunny.6531

Fixed!

Now…about that iWarden… (hehe)

Thanks ArenaNet

(edited by Wasbunny.6531)

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

thank u anet. thank u for fixing this.yay i can play my mesmer today :-) cookies for u!

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: piffdaddy.8014

piffdaddy.8014

Kudos to anet. Thanks for fixing this bug so quickly I’m impressed

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

I’m impressed too, and surprised … Although I shouldn’t be

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Posted by: Marsares.2053

Marsares.2053

Thanks for the fast fix, Anet.

However, can I also ask you to fix the Moa on Necro’s minions issue. I don’t use Moa and I don’t play a Necro, but only seems fair to fix this for them as well in a reasonable time-frame.

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Don’t worry, other professions have gamebreaking bugs since release.

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

That was fast !

Thanks to whoever was involved in fixing this – good job!

Posted by: Reesha.7901

Reesha.7901

Thank you!

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

Thanks a lot!

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Thank you for fixing this so quickly. Your efforts are appreciated.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

selan.8354

yes so do we, but yours arent as gamebreaking that your core mecanic get crippled so bad u cant fight anymore. i know your necro bugs and they are terrible bugs, but it doesnt really healp u being jealous of others getting a fix. this bug pretty much mad it impossible to kill a thief on a mes.
your bugs cripple some of your gameplay but u other classes including mes have lots of bugs since release. ileap for example is one of them. the los issues and all that stuff we have simply gotten used to. but if your ds issues get fixed i wont be jealous, ill be happy it gets fixed.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: Kenmei.7138

Kenmei.7138

yes so do we, but yours arent as gamebreaking that your core mecanic get crippled so bad u cant fight anymore. i know your necro bugs and they are terrible bugs, but it doesnt really healp u being jealous of others getting a fix. this bug pretty much mad it impossible to kill a thief on a mes.
your bugs cripple some of your gameplay but u other classes including mes have lots of bugs since release. ileap for example is one of them. the los issues and all that stuff we have simply gotten used to. but if your ds issues get fixed i wont be jealous, ill be happy it gets fixed.

So you’re sayin that destroyin all of necro minions, simply using 1 skill, which are their defense and offence, leaving them totally w/o any means to defend or attack, is not toally gamebreaking?

Yeah… I can see this beein not gamebreakin.

selan.8354

So you’re sayin that destroyin all of necro minions, simply using 1 skill, which are their defense and offence, leaving them totally w/o any means to defend or attack, is not toally gamebreaking?

Yeah… I can see this beein not gamebreakin.

look see it this way.
not everyone uses moa in this game
pu mesmers prefer massinvis due to stealth
no other class has moa
moa is on a very long cooldown
moa can be dodged
moa has casttime and is not instant
yes u lose your minions, but u still got ds and all your weapon skills left

now i know moa is annoying and honestly i dont even want moa as an elite.its a stupid troll elite.

now our bug was very gamebreaking for a mesmer

phantasms are inbound in our weapons, clones are part of our weapons and skills
for shatterer u have ip yes, but u still need the clones to do decent shatterdmg
we only have 1 weapon that doesnt require a target so killing a thief is only possible with illusions
thief,ranger,engi and mes can all stealth
every stealth removed all clones
we had no dmg left vs stealthy characters as phantasms died right away and cooldown is long
so without that ai we got no dmg
this was a gamebreaking bug
we couldnt dodge it, nor avoid it

also see it like this. when someone gets moad they loose all their ttacks and skills for a certain time. if your minions were still to bash everyone which they do, then the moa elite affects u less than every other class. i see the problem with resummoning them after the moa, but again its still an elite after all. i wouldnt mind moa being removed and replace with something more useful though.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Seriously, what’s wrong with you people?

You complain if they don’t fix it.
You complain if they do fix it.

selan.8354

Seriously, what’s wrong with you people?

You complain if they don’t fix it.
You complain if they do fix it.

cause whenever the mesmer gets something, people are mad. this bug was gamebreaking for every single mesmer build out there. every single one!
we got a lot of other bugs but we work around it. so can u guys with your bugs. lets say ds was not triggering anymore because of a bug, that would affect every single necro out there(yes im aware of the ds bug, but u can still use ds).this bug would have to get hotfixed too.
now if they break another class and then hotfix it,do i go into that thread and complain about my iwardenbug?no,cause im happy that anet fixes a bug!

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood