in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Firebird Gomer.9563

Firebird Gomer.9563

Nor I. I always have one dead body every time that I cannot rez

[merged] BUG On Swift Wings Achievement

Posted by: Pluto the Wise.4531

Pluto the Wise.4531

So I noticed that concordia mission. Getting On swift wings is bugged. When I tell the 7 npcs to retreat in solo before the lab mission nothing happens but i still have the status bar avabiable for the cheeve. When i go stragiht to lab event and try to do it during the lab event it goes away. :c

Posted by: DragoTheWise.7256

DragoTheWise.7256

While I was able to get the achieve before the latest patch, I have noticed this from multiple people within my guild. They run it and then they don’t get credit when running solo. I also tried it with a party of two with them, and it didn’t seem to trigger either.

Posted by: Dakota.4591

Dakota.4591

The On Swift Wings achievement for the living story is currently bugged. I have run through the issue several times and verified and re-verified that all the NPCs were safely rescued, but the achievement fails when the final event is triggered. I spoke with several people in-game to see if it was a common problem and it seems that almost everyone is having the same issue.

I used the forum search tool to look for other threads on this issue, and the forum search tool came up empty.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

There’s about a dozen threads. The forum tool is useless. I normally use google and use “GW2” in my searches. It’s worked pretty well so far.

As far as the bug, I’m kind of surprised that they haven’t acknowledged yet that they’re at least looking into it.

Posted by: Moonshain.2647

Moonshain.2647

Same thing, Anet seems to be sleeping.

Posted by: Rodes.9805

Rodes.9805

i’ve been trying to get it done for the past few days, i get all the people i need for the achievement and then i make my way to the last segment of the mission but it refuses to give me credit for doing it

Posted by: Eye Two.1538

Eye Two.1538

yes 100% bug. Passed 20 times no result. NPC 7 not to die, to kill mobs. Still does not work. I had enough. 100% does not work

Posted by: Rodes.9805

Rodes.9805

i’ve had the same issue, tried the mission about 30 times coz i thought i was maybe missing someone or doing it at the wrong point. but it;s not the case. i find all 7 of the guys, get them to retreat but once i get to the next stage in the mission, the achievement symbol disappears without giving me credit, it’s majorly frustrating

Posted by: Masterpanos.6358

Masterpanos.6358

Same here, I tried twice last night and despite saving all 7 of them, when I approached the next stage of the mission I did not get the achievement…

Posted by: izarissix.7980

izarissix.7980

I tried this multiple times yesterday as well. I did it solo then I did it with a group of 5, we still didn’t get the achievement.When I do it solo I don’t do credit even if I do it before the lab event or even after the lab event like dulfy suggested I still can’t get the credit. This is overly frustrating since this is the last achievement I need to complete.

Posted by: Stephane Lo Presti

Stephane Lo Presti

Content Marketing Manager, French

We were able to reproduce the bug and find a fix for it, so we’ll be pushing it with the next release (The Dragon’s Reach: part 1, on July 29).

Posted by: Encoded Rig.7903

Encoded Rig.7903

Great, that’s 3 hours wasted lol.

Posted by: btballenger.2583

btballenger.2583

Thanks for the update, Stephane.

Posted by: Avalakazar.5832

Avalakazar.5832

Great. Two evenings were wasted. Now i have to wait one week for probably fix the bug by the update. Tell me ANET, is it really any motivation to do this achivement? Its game, but not funny with this…

Posted by: KorKor.9452

KorKor.9452

Because what we all wanted to do was go back for the old content on the first day of the new content. That just sounds like so much fun!

Posted by: godsie.2864

godsie.2864

I don’t know why the patch cant be sent out now if the fix has been found why wait another week? it would be nice gesture for those who have spent ages already trying to get it

Posted by: Vakrir.4829

Vakrir.4829

They fix something and you guys STILL complain.

Posted by: godsie.2864

godsie.2864

its not fixed yet they have only found a fix – not quite the same

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

They fix something and you guys STILL complain.

Do try to remember that they broke it in the first place when it was working fine at patch release.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: OtakuDFifty.2965

OtakuDFifty.2965

They’re okay with breaking it between releases, but can’t be bothered to fix it the same way.

Posted by: Slartibartfast.5416

Slartibartfast.5416

So the fix is yet another week away? Really, it’s that complicated to fix?

I bind all of my keys to Gravedigger and rapidly roll my face across the keyboard while screaming
“I am teh Leetness!” at the top of my lungs, while rubbing baby oil all over myself.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Thanks for the update, Stephane. I’ll still give it a go when I attempt the Concordia achievements tonight, but if I don’t get it, I’ll just wait.

Posted by: Elunarie.9283

Elunarie.9283

I just want to say thank you so much for letting me know. I’m looking forward to each episode of this Living Story! ;3

For the Legions!

// Bathea Havocbringer \\

Posted by: Fury.6408

Fury.6408

While I have wasted a good amount of time trying this achievement as well, I did see people complaining about a late update & I just want to say thank you for giving an update and a projected time to fix so that I don’t waste a hours every couple of days on this. ^^

Posted by: loneknight.8425

loneknight.8425

Thanks for the update, Stephane. Compared to how long I have waited for Simin bug to be fixed, 1 week is a breeze

The thief who did dat – Crystal Desert

Posted by: Balkarra Dmort.5039

Balkarra Dmort.5039

I`ve found a different problem, well 2 actually, NPC spawning outside instance area so unable to save, and Commander Brice accepting retreat order, but not actually moving. So unable to complete achievement as a result.

7 years in the Original GW, Asuran Killing Machine, Guild Officer ARGH ( Society of Souls ) Deso

Posted by: Witte.3160

Witte.3160

Thanks for the update on the situation.

Altough i can’t agree with the way this is being dealt with.
The easy fix would be to have the npc move to a different coordinate, preferably behind the portal. Now they just end right infront of it.

I would image those coordinates are stored in a database or a config file. But if a patch needs to be rolled out to fixe it, it must be hardcoded. What kind of amateur developers did you guys hire, if this is so hard to fix?

At the end of the day, you have to ask yourselves.
What is the better option?
Leave the bug that makes poeple be able to complete the achievement even after the story is done. But atleast the achievement is obtainable in te regular way aswell.
Or break the achievement for everybody and make them wait 2 weeks before its fixed, except for those that where able to obtain it day 1.

I’d expect a rollback in the source control isn’t hard at all. But it seems breaking the achievement was more important then fixing it.

Sorry, just need to vent my frustration, with the lack of proper content, there isn’t much else to do then get these stupid achievements and log off for 2 weeks. When will we see an actual new dungeon, with new story and paths? New non-gemstore obtainable armor and weapons?

Dakota.4591

Noticed that this fix wasn’t in the patch notes. Any word on if it made it in, or is it getting pushed back another two weeks?

Posted by: Noah.4756

Noah.4756

Noticed that this fix wasn’t in the patch notes. Any word on if it made it in, or is it getting pushed back another two weeks?

I tried it out but it’s still bugged for me. Although there are a few people saying in map chat it’s working for them. Not sure if I want to try it again now though. Think I’ll wait for now.

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

I mean COME ON arena net really ?

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

It’s not mentioned in the patch notes and it still bugged out for me. Pretty upsetting considering the promise that it’d be fixed by now.

Posted by: Kulgin.9512

Kulgin.9512

Did this get fixed? I don’t see it in the release notes.

Posted by: Dorid.1793

Dorid.1793

It was fixed, they just forgot to post it.
Got the achievement in few minutes after patch.

Guild: Myth Andaar [MA]
“Rigor mortis, habeas corpus.”
GW2W: Dorid - Builds

Posted by: Murth.5637

Murth.5637

It’s not I just did it. You’re probly doing something wrong, you need to save the npcs before you get to Goldenlight Hallow and after you’ve rescued the magister.

Posted by: Nanashi.6297

Nanashi.6297

It was fixed, they just forgot to post it.
Got the achievement in few minutes after patch.

^this

I also went immediately to the story instance and got the achievement after talking to all 7 NPC’s (it even correctly failed one time when one of them died right next to me and I had to restart the instance).

Posted by: SlackerATC.5934

SlackerATC.5934

I was able to get the achieve after the patch. I went in solo.

For me (might be different each time) there were 2 NPC’s just outside the cave and south, 1 in the tower right there as well. Farther south near another cave were 2 more, then straight down the hill in the river was 1, and follow the river north through the rocks the 7th. I didn’t bother killing anything unless the NPC was attacking it so that I could then talk to the NPC. The achieve popped right when I talked to the 7th.

Hope that helps.

Posted by: Noah.4756

Noah.4756

It’s not I just did it. You’re probly doing something wrong, you need to save the npcs before you get to Goldenlight Hallow and after you’ve rescued the magister.

I did exactly this but it still bugged out on me. After I rescued the Magister I went straight to the three soldiers nearby, killed the monsters, clicked the three of them. But when I went to the next soldier the achievement icon disappeared. I never got near the lab located at the end of the quest.

Dakota.4591

I did exactly this but it still bugged out on me. After I rescued the Magister I went straight to the three soldiers nearby, killed the monsters, clicked the three of them. But when I went to the next soldier the achievement icon disappeared. I never got near the lab located at the end of the quest.

Sounds like one of the NPCs you hadn’t rescued yet died.

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Well I cant even get the achievement icon on my buff bar anymore.. and still no achievement no matter how many times I actually completed it after that the dreaded patch last time, or since the patch today.. its borked still imo.

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

I went around the perimeter at least 3 times to make sure I’d rescued everyone, waited until the timer ran out, and then went to the lab, and only THEN did the achievement icon disappear. It might be fixed for some people, but there’s definitely still a problem.

Posted by: AbeLincoln.3091

AbeLincoln.3091

Does seem to be having issues still for different people. I’ve done it three times already today and nothing but I have guildmates who’ve gotten it today… Not sure if I’m somehow missing something but it seems bugged to me as well.

Blackgate, Rafen Sanguinis

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

screw it .. spent too long on this already.. guess it will have to stay blank… im thinking because I already did the achievs previously its not allowing me to get it again, even though the achievement is still there to be done in the metas.. but after doing it at least 20 times now I cant be a$$ed

Posted by: Frost.6748

Frost.6748

OK here’s something that may help a LOT of people. I incorrectly assumed that two of the seven NPCs that you have to rescue are with the Priory gal in the cave – they’re NOT.

As soon as you talked to the priory chick, go outside the cave and rescue the three soldiers by the guard tower (two outside, one up top). Then go south and talk to the one standing in the stream. Then go WEST up a hill and talk to the two there. After that, book it to the last solider to the east and you’re golden.

Frost
FoW, Yak’s Bend

(edited by Frost.6748)

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I got the achievement just fine. Here’s what I did:

1. After you finish securing Concordia, pick your ally and then head to the markers on your map, ending up at Magister Lindsey’s cave. (You can ignore all the mobs along the way.)

2. Kill the mobs inside the cave and talk to Lindsey. It doesn’t matter if the NPCs in here die. (Don’t think they CAN die, anyway. They just go into a 0 health dazed state like Rox and Braham.)

3. Once the quest updates, exit the cave and head back south to the tower. There will be 3 NPCs here to save, 2 on the ground and 1 up in the Tower. If they’re under attack by mobs, kill them all (kill the Tendril first, since it’s poison volley does a TON of damage), then talk to the NPCs and order them to retreat. They must be out of combat for them to retreat.

4. Head SE to a Caravan Guard being attacked in the water by a Mordrem Thrasher. This guy is the toughest one to save since the Thrasher does a TON of damage and the stupid guard likes to follow the Thrasher around and take damage/Torment from running through the poison trails. If you’re quick enough with Step 3, you’ll arrive here while the Guard still has his Adrenaline Rush buff and rescuing him will be easy.

5. Head N to find Crusader Brice. He may be under attack by vines, but his Adrenaline Rush buff lasts fairly long and he should be in no problem when you reach him.

6. Head SW to find two more Priory NPCs in front of the Grawl Cave entrance. (Note that this is NOT the same cave Lindsey was in.) These guys are usually under attack by a single Mordrem Wolf when you arrive, but between the two of them they are in no risk of dying. Help them kill the Wolf and talk to them to finish the achievement.

IMPORTANT: Do NOT go up to Goldenlight Hallow if you are trying for “On Swift Wings”. The achievement is instantly invalidated once you head to the final location. You must rescue all the NPCs before heading there.

Posted by: Officer Dk.5908

Officer Dk.5908

It worked for me after the second update today, but since there is nothing about this achiev on the release notes, don’t know it it was fixed or if it was just random dumb luck that made it work this time.

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

Here is my experience with getting this cheeve after the 1st patch on the 29th…

I had to do this one 3 times over solo for some reason…

On the experience I got this achievement the following happened…

Upon rescuing the caravan in the cave…

The start triggering NPC would not talk to me. I assume because it was soon after combat as her health bar was not regenerating. As soon as I exited and re-entered the cave with her targeted and saw that she was regenerating afterwards she talked to me. (This part may not matter)

I immediately went to the tower location with the 3 npcs near the wooden tower to rescue. I only saw two there, as I did not know that one camped on top of the watch tower above, which was different from my previous attempts. I talk/rescued two that were on ground level, proceeded to the norn that transforms and rescued/talked him, then the two up the hill in the cave, and then the north of the river stream. As I searched for the 7th I noticed that he was still up in the tower where the first two were. Upon talking to him I immediately got the achievement. He did not have to run back.

So I assume that not all NPCs have to run back to hallow before getting this achievement.

The code for this seems to be poorly written. There is no indicator to let you know how many survivors are rescued, nor are the conditions/order of this achievement are reliable upon completion.

I hope this helps with a bug fix or completion for some players.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

Posted by: Badnoch.3401

Badnoch.3401

HIGHLY AGGRAVATED! I have done this mission MANY times and have saved EVERY NPC. Yellow eligibility icon remains above skill bar and I do MULTILPE sweeps of ENTIRE map for any that were missed. With plenty of time spent I finally resign to head north to the camp then FAIL. Most recent attempt 9:43 EST

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

A common place for a survivor is in the tower that’s just outside the priory cave. You won’t see him until you climb it.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”