mini culling hiding own mini

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

Miniture culling also hides my own mini, why???

I call this a bug!

Posted by: Megis.9264

Megis.9264

I think the meeting went kinda like this…
Anet employee 1: “Hey, let’s add the ability to make minis untradeable.”
Anet employee 2: “Even better, let’s make it so you can’t show them to others, because they get hidden when there are a large number of players on the map.”

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I agree. We paid money for our minis, and we should see them.

Furthermore, if Player C makes the ‘culling cut’ for Player A, then Player C’s mini-pet (if they have one active) should make the cut as well.

We buy pets for ourselves, and we buy pets to show them off. They are often times an extension of the armor we choose to wear for others to see, the hair style we pick and it’s color, the color we apply to our clothes or armor, our choice of back piece.

To have that taken away, especially on an item that we pay money for (in many cases), is unwarranted, disrespectful, cheap, and at the same time, sadly nothing I wouldn’t have expected otherwise from them.

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

The populations haven’t changed that I’m aware of, so why should they have to remove our minis now when they never did it before? The promise of “always have your mini out” has become “never have your mini out”.

This HAS TO be a bug! It needs a HotFix ASAP!

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: sadatoni.6524

sadatoni.6524

Not only that, once it’s hidden, I cannot get it to come back in any map.

Posted by: Speckly.3729

Speckly.3729

pls hotfix. culling isn’t supposed to work on your own model period.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

pls hotfix. culling isn’t supposed to work on your own model period.

And I’d like to add to this. The culling of your mini-pet to others should obey the same rules that you obey to others.

If I see you, I should see your mini, if you have one.

Otherwise, it’s about as effective as making all armor and weapon skins invisible to everyone else, even if you appear to them. Only generic weapon skins are shown for every type.

A mini pet is just as much of a skin as a weapon skin or armor skin.

Posted by: Ambrosine.4158

Ambrosine.4158

^^^agree^^^ I have my settings all maxed out that to me means I want to see everything including every single mini. I don’t give a kitten about population. My PC can handle it. Why should I be punished? I might as well just ditch everything, not bother collecting, and just run around in my underwear. Not like anyone will see me anyway.

Posted by: Eye Two.1538

Eye Two.1538

I spent real money for mini pet Halloween and others. And you took everything from me. What is it? Where is the conscience? The customer is always right. return minipet

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Anet employee 2: “Even better, let’s make it so you can’t show them to others, because they get hidden when there are a large number of players on the map.”

Or like this:

ANet dev 1: Look, people were worried about performance, so in crowded maps, minis are now hidden.

ANet dev 2: But thanks to the megaserver, all maps are now crowded.

ANet dev 1: Mega-what? I’m on team “minis”.

Posted by: Starfyre.5743

Starfyre.5743

Yeah, I was so excited to be able to have all my mini pets finally in one place and be able to show them all to my friend. Now the only place he was actually able to see them was inside a god kitten Story instance!!!! Return our minis now!

Star

Posted by: Nagiil.1230

Nagiil.1230

Its a bug, not a feature.

Bring back our minis!

Posted by: Wrill.8962

Wrill.8962

ANet dev 1: Look, people were worried about performance, so in crowded maps, minis are now hidden.

yeah, lol
it is really effed up! But, i have to admit that is a great joke – in crowded maps minis hidden. But but megaservers is always… XDD .

Posted by: tmorrow.5189

tmorrow.5189

This is clearly a bug. Before patch, even on stacked maps like tequatl runs, everyone that wanted to display their mini’s could without any problems. Since the patch we are getting this “Miniatures have been hidden due to rising player population” error, even on maps that aren’t highly populated so the message is not reporting the reality.

It is quite annoying that I can’t display the mini’s that I’ve spent quite a bit of time and effort collecting, I hope this bug can be fixed soon. I’m liking all of the other patch features so far though.

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

I was getting the ‘miniatures have been hidden due to rising player population’ on a map that then asked me to go to a more populated version.

Something’s screwy with the way it’s working.

Posted by: josephleahy.2943

josephleahy.2943

Stephane Lo Presti
French Community Manager
Hey everyone,
While this is currently working as intended, it’s definitely something that we’ll be working on and tweaking in the future. We want you to be able to enjoy your minis so hang in there!

looks like they know this and dont give a kitten . tweaking in the future sounds exactly like the post for hobosacks over a year ago with 100s of pages.

~One mans magic is another mans engineering.
RNG engineer~

Posted by: ANGELofPAIN.4809

ANGELofPAIN.4809

yes, autohide works bad

in citys like DR or LA with many players and minis around me (primetime), minis are shown and all is fine

in maps like queensdale, kessex, caledon with NO players around me (at 3:00 AM), minis are autohide

Posted by: Sourde Noire.5286

Sourde Noire.5286

Or like this:

Made my day.

I just wanted to say I give them the benefit of the doubt, as in, maybe Minis were to be culled but because all Minis in the game code are the very same entity, by accident your own counts as cullable as well – but if this is actually working as intended I lost a bit more faith in the competence and goodwill of the developers.

It just BOGGLES MY MIND how it took them TWO YEARS to add something that should have been there from the very start seeing how often they sold minis for 400-600 gems and then it ends up being worse than before.
I’m trying to see reason with this, as in, maybe the fire-and-forget display would lead to everyone running around with minis, so you have to do something. But this is just worse than before. Now I can never see my Mini. I’d rather have to click it all the time and forget it half of that than not being able to see it follow me at all. :|

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

I was getting the ‘miniatures have been hidden due to rising player population’ on a map that then asked me to go to a more populated version.

Something’s screwy with the way it’s working.

I got the same thing. Finally /bug ‘d it in game. I’m assuming this will be fixed since minis are effectively removed from the game right now.

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court