swiftness in combat not working - necro

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: arabeth.2361

arabeth.2361

Maybe I am confused or imagining things, but two patches ago (not SAB but the previous one) the Signet of the Locust on my necro stopped working during combat. It’s a very noticeable speed drop. Additionally warhorn 5 (our only swiftness) also no longer works while in combat. (It may only no longer work with Signet of the Locust up – I haven’t tried without the Signet.)

Was this a change to all classes so that movement speed enhancers didn’t work during combat? Warhorn 5 is particularly brutal because using it for swiftness also tends to aggro anything you’re near (even more now with the increased range). I’ve really noticed this during the Scarlet events (since they need lots of running around maps) – as soon as I hit combat it’s like my character is stuck in molasses.

Posted by: Gator.5729

Gator.5729

The slow down when in combat has always been there. The normal speed is always the same. When you are hit by an enemy all speed buffs are reduced to normal speed for a period of time. I think the bug is actually how long the reduction lasts. I have run through mobs, got hit once and been stuck in combat for quite awhile after it.

Posted by: arabeth.2361

arabeth.2361

Fair enough – thanks for letting me know. I know something has definitely changed, since my movement wasn’t reduced so horribly before that patch. Maybe the change was that instead of it slowing you down for a few seconds (or while in range of a mob, or whatever) you’re slowed down until you’re out of combat. It certainly seems like I do not regain speed until out of combat now.

Or maybe the bug was that the Signet of the Locust didn’t get included in the speed reduction, and now that has been corrected? I hardly ever play other classes – much less those with always-on speed boosts – so I have no experience in this matter.

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

I’ve got quite a lot of time on my Necro, nothing has changed.

Speed is reduced while you are in combat, always has been. Signet of the Locust has always been included.

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)