toxic offshoot events bugged

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: kny.3789

kny.3789

namely the version with the vigil engineers using mortars… only theyre not using the motars they just stand there.

many many times ive tried to do these events after tower of nightmares. it was incredibly rare for anyone else to help. just now, two events, two different maps, both bugged with about three other people reviving and protecting the npcs while they just stood idle doing no damage to the toxic offshoot resulting in failures.

Posted by: LyricDawnhagen.7803

LyricDawnhagen.7803

I am not sure if it is bugged or they changed it so it could not be completed solo. I have done that event quite a number of time solo. With enough time, a single mortar can destroy the toxic offshoot. So by concentrating my defense on one Engineer, I could complete the event. A little while ago I started seeing this behavior you described in both Queendsdale and Caledon Forest.

I did notice the last time I tried doing this event there is a line of text in the event text that I do not remember being there before. It lists the number of Engineers that are alive. So I am thinking that ArenaNet changed the event so the Engineers do not fire their mortars unless all three are alive. Which means you need at least 3 people to keep all of the Engineers alive to do the event now.

I cannot swear that is what is happening but based on my existing observations, it explains what I have seen happen. I will have to wait until I can get two more people to help with that event to see if the mortars start firing when we have all the Engineers alive at their post.

Posted by: Geekfox.4267

Geekfox.4267

The numbers of engineers alive is always there. The more alive the more the offshoot goes down.

But the NPCs losing it’s focus on the offshoot since the recent release is just absurd. How did this behavior happened?

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Yeah, the event with the engineers has been busted since the patch on the 12th.
This issue was brought up on the 14th, but it seems nothing has been done to fix them yet.

It’s only been two weeks of the event being busted though. Perhaps it is already fixed and set to be included in the 9-9 feature patch. Perhaps not. As they’ve not said anything like “Thanks, we’ll get that event looked at”, we just do not know.

Then again, perhaps the 9-9 patch will finally see the removal of these offshoots. If so, I can see their possible reasoning of why bother forcing everyone out of the game to download a patch just to fix an event that isn’t even going to be around any more soon.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |