Black Lion Trading company

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Ellotez.5847

Ellotez.5847

Not been able to sell today for some reason worked fine yesterday. I can buy if I exit game and wait a while to load. But when I try to sell it looks like this (see attached image) and there is a strange white outline round the ‘search’ box.

Also Ive done a report

Attachments:

Posted by: Jesse.4627

Jesse.4627

I have the same exact issue. It always seems like a 50-50 chance that the TP will load, which is unacceptable. However as of recently, the TP won’t load at all for me. I can’t sell, buy, or anything. Also, about 50% of the time, using the TP messes up my game’s gamma so the screen becomes dim. Anyone know what to do?

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Also, about 50% of the time, using the TP messes up my game’s gamma so the screen becomes dim. Anyone know what to do?

The TP gamma bug has been going on for awhile. You just have to open graphics options and move the slider a tad and it corrects it.

I can’t sell anything even when it loaded. I click the item to sell and nothing happens. When trying to buy items I only get about 1/8 of the page that loads.

P.S. This thread should be merged with the other. I only replied here to address the gamma bug issue.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Terawatt.8219

Terawatt.8219

I’m on the same boat as you guys. GW2 on Mac: Forever a Beta. :’(
Anyway, I hope Anet gets to fix this as soon as they can.
Gnashblade is already getting mad at me for not spending my gold…

Jesse.4627

I’m not exactly tech savvy so idk how to merge this thread with the other otherwise I would. I just hope this issue gets resolved quickly because my inventory is full and thats pretty much stopping me from making any progress.

Posted by: Dasht.5376

Dasht.5376

We need to look at who is the cause of this problem, perhaps? (Numerous little issues all along, & often problems with Trader not working until restarting GW2, now not working no matter what.)
{BTW GW2 trader works fine on Bootcamp win 7. On this same computer/Mac.)
I looked into the ‘Package’, found an interesting text file: THIRDPARTYSOFTWAREREADME.rtf
After checking online, found that Cider ported GW2 to the Mac at the beginning.
They called it Beta, and still do. Meaning they never finished it.
below is a small part of the T&Conditions… showing many companies involved in Cider, the software used to port it over.
So, who is going to be responsible? The problem is likely a can of worms.
Interesting that Arenanet was implying THEY did this port: http://www.macrumors.com/2012/09/18/guild-wars-2-arrives-on-mac-with-beta-client-release/
saying “Bringing Guild Wars 2 to the Mac is huge for us, …”

Terms and Conditions for Cider Technology

Cider™ is Copyright © 2000-2012 TransGaming Inc.

Cider C/C++ runtime components (msvcrt.dll, msvcr71.dll, msvcp71.dll, msvcr80.dll, msvcp80.dll, msvcr90.dll, and msvcp90.dll) include portions of Visual C++ 6.0 runtime components and portions of Dinkum Compleat C/C++ Libraries. Visual C++ 6.0 runtime components are Copyright © 1999 Microsoft Corp. Dinkumware components are Copyright © 1989-2006 by P.J. Plauger and Dinkumware Ltd.

Cider MFC & ATL components (MFC42.dll, MFC71.dll) include the Visual C++ 6.0 MFC & ATL components. Visual C++ 6.0 MFC & ATL components are Copyright © 1992-1999 Microsoft Corp.

Cider includes libpng, Copyright © 1995-2004 the libpng project authors (see http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/src/libpng-LICENSE.txt for a complete list)

This software is based in part on the work of the Independent JPEG Group. Cider includes libjpeg, copyright © 1991-1998, Thomas G. Lane.

Cider uses NVIDIA’s Cg Toolkit, Copyright © 2002-2008, NVIDIA Corporation.

Cider includes dmalloc, Copyright © 2001-2006 Wolfram Gloger

Cider includes CSRI malloc, Copyright © 1988, 1989, 1993 University of Toronto

Cider includes The Better String Library (bstring) Copyright © 2002-2006 Paul Hsieh

Cider includes Unshield, Copyright © 2003 David Eriksson <twogood@users.sourceforge.net>

Portions of this software are Copyright © 2006, Industrial Light & Magic, a division of Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. Portions contributed and copyright held by others as indicated. All rights reserved.

iniParser Portions Copyright © 2000 by Nicolas Devillard, used under the MIT License below.

Portions of this software are copyright © 1996-2010 The FreeType Project (www.freetype.org). All rights reserved.

Portions of this software are copyright © 2006 Simon Brown and contributors of the Squish project (http://sjbrown.co.uk/?code=squish). All rights reserved.
… and much more…

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I’m not exactly tech savvy so idk how to merge this thread with the other otherwise I would. I just hope this issue gets resolved quickly because my inventory is full and thats pretty much stopping me from making any progress.

Oh, I only mentioned that for the mods when they stop by and to encourage everyone else to post in the main thread.

The Burninator

Posted by: ErinGoBragh.2631

ErinGoBragh.2631

Please fix this already! It’s been days for me and I have gems I want to buy and immediately spend!!

Posted by: Ashley Segovia.8276

Previous

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

Next

Hey guys,

We’re currently looking into this issue and I want to apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Hang tight! I’ll keep you all updated once I’ve got more information to provide for you all.

Jesse.4627

Wow, we need more people like Dasht to shed light on the issue. hopefully the right person sees that post and does something about it.

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

We need to look at who is the cause of this problem, perhaps? (Numerous little issues all along, & often problems with Trader not working until restarting GW2, now not working no matter what.)
{BTW GW2 trader works fine on Bootcamp win 7. On this same computer/Mac.)
I looked into the ‘Package’, found an interesting text file: THIRDPARTYSOFTWAREREADME.rtf
After checking online, found that Cider ported GW2 to the Mac at the beginning.
They called it Beta, and still do. Meaning they never finished it.
below is a small part of the T&Conditions… showing many companies involved in Cider, the software used to port it over.
So, who is going to be responsible? The problem is likely a can of worms.
Interesting that Arenanet was implying THEY did this port: http://www.macrumors.com/2012/09/18/guild-wars-2-arrives-on-mac-with-beta-client-release/
saying “Bringing Guild Wars 2 to the Mac is huge for us, …”

Terms and Conditions for Cider Technology

Cider™ is Copyright © 2000-2012 TransGaming Inc.

Cider C/C++ runtime components (msvcrt.dll, msvcr71.dll, msvcp71.dll, msvcr80.dll, msvcp80.dll, msvcr90.dll, and msvcp90.dll) include portions of Visual C++ 6.0 runtime components and portions of Dinkum Compleat C/C++ Libraries. Visual C++ 6.0 runtime components are Copyright © 1999 Microsoft Corp. Dinkumware components are Copyright © 1989-2006 by P.J. Plauger and Dinkumware Ltd.

Cider MFC & ATL components (MFC42.dll, MFC71.dll) include the Visual C++ 6.0 MFC & ATL components. Visual C++ 6.0 MFC & ATL components are Copyright © 1992-1999 Microsoft Corp.

Cider includes libpng, Copyright © 1995-2004 the libpng project authors (see http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/src/libpng-LICENSE.txt for a complete list)

This software is based in part on the work of the Independent JPEG Group. Cider includes libjpeg, copyright © 1991-1998, Thomas G. Lane.

Cider uses NVIDIA’s Cg Toolkit, Copyright © 2002-2008, NVIDIA Corporation.

Cider includes dmalloc, Copyright © 2001-2006 Wolfram Gloger

Cider includes CSRI malloc, Copyright © 1988, 1989, 1993 University of Toronto

Cider includes The Better String Library (bstring) Copyright © 2002-2006 Paul Hsieh

Cider includes Unshield, Copyright © 2003 David Eriksson <twogood@users.sourceforge.net>

Portions of this software are Copyright © 2006, Industrial Light & Magic, a division of Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. Portions contributed and copyright held by others as indicated. All rights reserved.

iniParser Portions Copyright © 2000 by Nicolas Devillard, used under the MIT License below.

Portions of this software are copyright © 1996-2010 The FreeType Project (www.freetype.org). All rights reserved.

Portions of this software are copyright © 2006 Simon Brown and contributors of the Squish project (http://sjbrown.co.uk/?code=squish). All rights reserved.
… and much more…

THE JIG IS UP! errr, wait…

I have no idea what you think you’ve discovered, but Transgaming is a company who specializes in a commercial implementation of Wine SPECIFICALLY designed to let gaming companies release for other platforms. Prior to that, they had two free (as in beer) products (wine-somethingnotcreative and then Cedega) that were essentially the training grounds for them to develop Cedega. They’re like Crossover/Codeweavers with a different business model.

Being a derivative of Wine also means about 9 million subordinate open source and commercial open source libraries such as libjpg and more are used in its operation.

If this is a shock to you, I bet you’ll pass out when I tell you modern Macs run on an operating system that is a commercial modification of BSD Unix. Or that a great deal of Windows’ media player has gasp imagemagick and VLC code in it.

Arenanet’s not being disingenuous with the cited quotes… they licensed and used Cider for GW2… if they had some professional service hours billed to integration (i.e. Transgaming techies to help), that’s no surprise.

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

The “only” thing that works for me in the black lion trading company window is the pick up tab. I want to buy gems and grab a drum …

Posted by: Certified.5840

Certified.5840

Hi, i have tried pretty much everything in this thread. nothing had worked. Just letting DEVS know.

Posted by: ayelienne.8951

ayelienne.8951

Thanks for the post, Ashley! Glad to hear it’s being looked into; hope there’s a quick fix.

Hey guys,

We’re currently looking into this issue and I want to apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Hang tight! I’ll keep you all updated once I’ve got more information to provide for you all.

Posted by: dcero.6813

dcero.6813

I’d like to also report having the same issue with the trading system. I’ve had the problem since yesterday evening and see no change. I followed the first suggestion posted by a technician and wasn’t able to find a guild wars 2 support folder within> Application Support.
I understand the problem is being worked on. Thank you and please keep us updated.

Posted by: Yifang.8260

Yifang.8260

Trading post worked fine for me all the way up till last night. Got up this morning and it’s borked again – the FUNCTIONAL UI parts (form fields, controls) show up (i.e. the basic web app parts), but all the “overlay” stuff (thematic icons etc) do not, and the controls that do show up don’t work.

Same it started last night for me and sadly 25hrs has not resulted in a fix. Am glad I bought the sale items I could afford but for sure I will not be doing any activities that fills a lot of slots till I can sell again! I’ve been quite lucky overall many of the mac issues I escaped unscathed but not this time, how on earth has this bug happened there has been no new builds! The BLTP is the best and worst trading UI I’ve witnessed in any game, great you can use it anywhere but the reliability of it has always been poor! Wasn’t it at their first birthday where they were congratulating themselves for their accolades to the world of gaming that the tp went down for many hours haha!

I have tried submitting a bug report but haha that even doesn’t work for me now! I suggest Anet makes a better tp system that isn’t fragmented, it clearly is as you can load some parts but have others not load, very frustrating. I won’t bother with the Windows client, if they don’t fix these issues I will give up on the game altogether than continue as a windows user, the point of this game was that it was Mac supported, albeit shoddily in recent months!

I hope April 15th fixes many problems but I am not optimistic and fear it will open the floodgates for more, let’s hope I’m wrong!

Posted by: MageIanBorthwick.3054

MageIanBorthwick.3054

I’m having the same issues as listed with everyone else.

Also, it’s probably gratuitous to say this, but the fact is this issue should not BE an issue if you’d just make this NATIVE TO MAC instead of running Cider and dealing with all these insane little issues that pop up every couple of days. Not to mention the real fact that we’ve been getting bent over just trying to load the BLTC anyway! It loads less than half the time even before this little dose of stupidity.

Posted by: Targaryen.4186

Targaryen.4186

Thanks Ashley. Please keep us updated!

Hey guys,

Posted by: Janvs.4803

Janvs.4803

I would REALLY love to buy a character slot while it’s on sale, but my TP is borked. Any way we Mac peasants can get an extension on the sale if our client isn’t fixed?

Posted by: Flint.5620

Flint.5620

Used the mac utilities and deleted all files on the partition. Re-installed the O.S. and all applications. Needed to do this anyway for a number of reasons.

Same problem.

Just another toon trying to get by in a sea of flashy pixels.

Posted by: Cameron.8904

Cameron.8904

Every time i open the black lion trading post it sit’s on the yellow loading circle. then it stops and goes blank. then after a few seconds it comes up with this? i can’t click search but i can type in the boxes, the gem store and all the other tabs also don’t work and are completely blank. please help! i can’t play the game at the moment because of this.

The same exact thing is happening to me. It have been happening for about 2 days now and I don’t know what to do. I’ve tried all of the troubleshooting but its still not working. At least now I know I’m not alone about this.

Yifang.8260

I’m having the same issues as listed with everyone else.

Also, it’s probably gratuitous to say this, but the fact is this issue should not BE an issue if you’d just make this NATIVE TO MAC instead of running Cider and dealing with all these insane little issues that pop up every couple of days. Not to mention the real fact that we’ve been getting bent over just trying to load the BLTC anyway! It loads less than half the time even before this little dose of stupidity.

Best suggestion and is common sense one would have thought, a little compensation would be nice yes if it persists for long. Will check back tomorrow to see if they’ve fixed this.

Posted by: Mootly.5246

Mootly.5246

In the same boat with broken Trading Post.

No Gem store at all. Buy and Sell tabs blank or broken form. Looks like it loads the page structure then dies before loading styling elements or building out content array. The broken has happened before, but never consistently. Usually just close and click again. No problem. And the blank page has never outlived a restart.

For about a week before this, going into Buy or Sell has almost always locked me out of the Gem store without a relog, and going in to the Gem store has locked me out of Buy / Sell without a relog if that helps isolate anything.

Just for reference, I have tried all of the following in more or less this order:
- tried different locations
- relogged
- restarted game
- rebooted computer
- rebooted network
- deleted cache
- tried multiple networks, wired and wireless
- killed errant Wine tasks floating about
- did a full reinstall
- zapped PRAM
- complained (well, okay, this was probably concurrent with every other item here)

If anything is missing, will be glad to try that too. Hate reporting something until after I have tried to beat it to death myself.

Attachments:

(edited by Mootly.5246)

Yifang.8260

As was highlighted since a week ago or so the text was misaligned with prices 1 silver or more being shown on two lines instead of one, also the cursor is a bit off as well for me for using the tp, annoying as it was at least the buying and selling functioned, albeit gem prices being much higher than I’d like but that’s not a bug hehe

Posted by: TwistedTam.8310

TwistedTam.8310

same problem as mootly.havent been able to buy/sell or open the gemstore really hope this gets fixed soon

Posted by: Galowin.6089

Galowin.6089

well… hope they fix it soon, bc windows isn’t going back on my imac.
Fricking windows partition trashed the osx part of my harddrive too much last time.
had kittenload of troubles getting it back restored

For Glade and Glory

Posted by: fxyz.6310

fxyz.6310

I almost never post in forum, but I must now, cuz I met a same problem from last night.

I tried:
- relogged
- restarted game
- rebooted computer
- rebooted network
- rebooted router
- turned off firewall
- deleted cache
- repair command
- installed GWII-Update-009524

none of them works.

SO BORING now

Posted by: DiDaDi.3694

DiDaDi.3694

I almost never post in forum, but I must now, cuz I met a same problem from last night.

I tried:
- relogged
- restarted game
- rebooted computer
- rebooted network
- rebooted router
- turned off firewall
- deleted cache
- repair command
- installed GWII-Update-009524

none of them works.

SO BORING now

same here~~~~~

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Same issue.
Why is that happening now? The game has not been updated for a while.

Posted by: Last Sorrow.2937

Last Sorrow.2937

Same boat. the tp is always really finicky on mac, I find myself having to exit to desktop and relog all the time just to get it to show. This time however, none of the suggested fix seem to work. last time this happened, someone pointed us at the direct link for the patch and had us do a manual install of the last patch and it solved the issue. I would be down for trying that if anyone has a dl.

rMBP 15-inch, Early 2013 2.4 GHz Intel Core i7 8 GB Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024MB – OSX 10.9.2

Posted by: fxyz.6310

fxyz.6310

Same boat. the tp is always really finicky on mac, I find myself having to exit to desktop and relog all the time just to get it to show. This time however, none of the suggested fix seem to work. last time this happened, someone pointed us at the direct link for the patch and had us do a manual install of the last patch and it solved the issue. I would be down for trying that if anyone has a dl.

If you mean GWII-Update-009524, it doesn’t work. I already tried.

Posted by: darksome.1697

darksome.1697

Just adding my +1 since I have the same issue. I’ve seen the TP go completely black and also what Mootly posted in that screenshot, randomly, all day.

It is kind of unfortunate for those who were planning on getting that character slot on sale, seeing there’s no way Mac users can get it, and even worse, the prices for gems will be way up by the time this is fixed, so all in all, for Mac users looking to get that character slot on sale, it will be more expensive.

While you’re looking into it, feel free to fix the currency issue we’ve been reporting (but not gotten any response to). Here’s a link to one of the threads about that:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/mac/Trading-Post-bugged-since-last-update/

Posted by: Galowin.6089

Galowin.6089

R U SERIOUS CHARACTER SLOTS ON SALE!!!!
Anet fix me my tp, i need slots!!!!!
(otherwise, plz put of slots again as soon as fix goes live)

thank you, love you, love the game
:D

For Glade and Glory

Posted by: mrvlgrl.3495

mrvlgrl.3495

AGH! Abyss just dropped on me while harvesting a mushroom! I NEED the TP to open!!!!!

Posted by: Kyven.7514

Kyven.7514

+1 to the TP being FUBAR’d for me since yesterday.

Has to be a Cider problem in my opinion, but as for how or what to do to fix it, no idea so I will wait patiently for the fix.

Lareswen-Human Warrior/Zinnia Epsilon-Asura Mesmer
The Tyrian Institute (TI)
One of the few Americans on Gunnar’s Hold (EU)

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Strangely for me, it’s the other way round. Trading Post is working for me just fine, but cannot get into The Gem Store or Currency Exchange!

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: daemon.1387

daemon.1387

Yep. None of the tabs are working for me either. This seemed to have started 2 days ago.

Posted by: Kurnous.5672

Kurnous.5672

Bump…. just logged back in for the first time in months a few days ago, was really enjoying the game, and now this issue is crippling me.

Posted by: TonyPerk.5781

TonyPerk.5781

+1 for no-joy on the TP. Would also love to get in on the sale of a character slot; but the thought of going next door to borrow my neighbors PC…. ugh…. I would then be his customer support forever… please, ANet…. please… hurry…

Posted by: lanshark.3108

lanshark.3108

Same problem here, no TP, no gem store. Please fix this soon, I want to spend my money!

Yifang.8260

well… hope they fix it soon, bc windows isn’t going back on my imac.
Fricking windows partition trashed the osx part of my harddrive too much last time.
had kittenload of troubles getting it back restored

I still have the partition, does it damage the HD? If so I must consider removing it pronto! SWTOR is generally vastly inferior to this anyway except they have a reliable trading post (That’s rooted in specific areas unfortunately)

Posted by: Sadistus.8095

Sadistus.8095

So I have a quick question directed to Anet. Are you going to reimburse the gold I would have made on my item sales to the TP? Are you going to give me the same price for potential purchases? Sorry to ask, but the patch just might have an effect on the economy. This is a real problem for Mac client players who are losing out on gold.

Posted by: johnsonade.9547

johnsonade.9547

+1 to this thread, I haven’t been able to load the Trading Post or the Gem Store at all after several client restarts, cleaning and maintenance scripts on my iMac. I chose not to upgrade from Mountain Lion to Mavericks version of OSX, but I was wondering if a recent patch to Safari in the last couple of days may have caused the issues we’re having with the TP.

I REALLY want that extra character slot that was on sale but I can’t buy it until this issue is fixed. Please keep this in mind and extend the sale for us poor Mac users until this is resolved.

Posted by: Lucky Smith.7359

Lucky Smith.7359

Hey guys,

Thank you!

Posted by: God Of Mustard.6354

God Of Mustard.6354

Hey guys,

Thank you!

“Inconvenience” is an understatement…

Posted by: Feydiir.2609

Feydiir.2609

Add me to the “me too” list of having TP not working .. please fix ASAP

Thanks.!

Late 2012 iMac – 3.4 GHz i7 – 16 GB – GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB – OSX 10.11

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

also not working for me.
gerrrrrrrrrr

Yifang.8260

Don’t try any drastic fixes just yet guys as the fault seems on their end, I’ve never done the numerous fixes and at least till this year my client was as stable or even better than the windows client.

Posted by: Kitten Commander.8952

Kitten Commander.8952

Question for Anet

I’ve been trying to buy the Deluxe Edition with it’s sale price for over 24 hours now…

Will I still be able to get it for that price if the issue remains unfixed before the sale ends?

Posted by: DJ Straight Truth.3472

DJ Straight Truth.3472

+1 as I’m getting the same problem. Glad to hear that ANet is looking into the problem, but it is unbelievably disappointing that I can’t access the BLTP when Character Slots finally go on sale

The typical steps (Quit, clear the ~/Library/Application Support/Guild Wars 2/ folder, open Activity Monitor, Quit the CVMCompiler, Cookied, Wineserver, and Guild Wars 2 processes) don’t seem to be working this time. Occasionally, as others have noted, the functional UI components load but they aren’t styled and still don’t work. It sounds like a ton of people are running into the same problem so hopefully this will be addressed quickly.

I really really really really really hope this is fixed before the character slot sale ends. If I don’t get an opportunity to buy those slots, I will cry and then probably stop playing for a long time.

Make sure to type /bug in-game to submit a bug report about this. It sounds like ANet is already looking at it but hopefully the volume of reports will help to show how urgent it is.