GW2 client not starting at all

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Mozabeth of Raingle.8931

Mozabeth of Raingle.8931

Hey, this morning I launched the gw2 client, and the tgUpdate started. After the update was complete, the login window did not pop up. I tried applying the manual update as well, but no luck. I even reinstalled the whole app (moving the gw2.dat file from my old client), but it did not work. Any ideas?

Raineen | Thomaas Ra | Vercis | Illinein
Whiteside Ridge

Posted by: LonelyGin.2589

LonelyGin.2589

Mozabeth of Raingle.8931

Im running OSX 10.9.2, so i don’t think thats the problem. I don’t even get an error message, the app just starts and there is no window.

Whiteside Ridge

Posted by: LonelyGin.2589

LonelyGin.2589

Im running OSX 10.9.2, so i don’t think thats the problem. I don’t even get an error message, the app just starts and there is no window.

A good suggestion may be to reinstall Guild Wars 2 completely as not only would it possibly fix the trading post issue going on if you follow the instructions given by Sarah Witter on this forum https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/mac/Black-Lion-Trading-company/page/11 but it may also fix the issue at hand of you not being able to activate the client other than that I have no ideas and you may want to Private Message an Anet Dev.

Sorry I could not be more useful :/

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

Are you experiencing the gray screen?

Mozabeth of Raingle.8931

Are you experiencing the gray screen?

No gray screen, and I already did try to remove the Guild Wars 2 folder in Application Support. Also tried a clean install (after removing application support and cache folders), still no luck. The install dialouge completes (the “Guild Wars 2 Installer” program from the installer disk image), and then the login window pops up for a second before disappearing and nothing more happends. And no, waiting does not help. If i try to open the app afterwards, nothing happends. Rebooted, but still no success.

Whiteside Ridge

Nageth.5648

Yeah, waiting won’t help if the cider instance is crashing like you’re describing. Have you tried repairing your disk?

Mozabeth of Raingle.8931

I don’t think my disk is faulty, this error arose after the tgUpdate this morning, yesterday evening everything was fine. All other apps are working as expected. Just wondering how much I can do, maybe it is some kind of bug in the client (related to the tgUpdate), I guess all I can do is wait.

Whiteside Ridge

Mozabeth of Raingle.8931

Well, now i managed to fix the issue, but I’m not sure how. First, i deleted every gw2-related file on my disk that i could find. Then, i tried installing it with an old installer i accidently found in my downloads folder. After the install, the login window popped up for a second before disappearing, somehow different than earlier, but still no fix. Then, after having tried to start the app several times with no success, i once again deleted every gw2-related file i could find, except for the app itself (but i found more files this time, e.g. something in the preferences folder in the library folder, not sure if that is related tho), i tried starting the app, and this time it worked. I am still confused, but as long as the app works I guess I’ll have to be happy

Whiteside Ridge

Posted by: jdtilley.9385

jdtilley.9385

I am experiencing the same problem that you had. Any sure fire fix would be nice to hear.

Posted by: jdtilley.9385

jdtilley.9385

I found some files like Mozabeth did and deleted. Reinstalled and it worked.

Posted by: ChibiKitten.6809

ChibiKitten.6809

Im running OSX 10.6 and I just updated it sooo GW wont open up because I need to update it to 10.7.2…and idk what to do. I do not have Lion and I have trashed and reinstalled GW…still getting that message…..

Nageth.5648

Reinstalling GW2 will not upgrade your OS. See the this thread

Posted by: KittyCat.2059

KittyCat.2059

i have same problems. i am unable to load gw at all now i don’t even get the white loading screen . i have to force quit gw over and over and I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled twice. I’ve renamed, moved, etc other avenues as mentioned in forums and still not working sigh

i was able to get on the second day of update briefly and play and was kicked. since then i get blank.

Posted by: KittyCat.2059

KittyCat.2059

please help, i have tried several ways to fix this problem. gw2 will not load. i do not see a load screen at all now. just the icon appears along the bottom of screen.

Attachments:

Posted by: Koa.1597

Koa.1597

I’m getting a similar problem. Except my screen is stuck at the loading phase and I’m not even able to log in.

Attachments:

Posted by: Wilif The Wanderer.4957

Wilif The Wanderer.4957

I am unnable to reach the log in part of the launch window, it just switches between these two screens

Attachments:

Elementalists have more fun. Blondes can eat it.

Lvl80 Dwarf-Norn of [PR] Phoenixes Reborn

Posted by: Wilif The Wanderer.4957

Wilif The Wanderer.4957

that screen and this one

Attachments:

Elementalists have more fun. Blondes can eat it.

Lvl80 Dwarf-Norn of [PR] Phoenixes Reborn