100 Map Completion and no gift

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Michael Henninger.7451

Previous

Michael Henninger.7451

Game Support Lead

Next

Update! We have been looking into this and are currently laying the groundwork for a fix. I’ve sent a mass reply to open tickets on the matter – sorry about the generic messaging. We’ll be looking at each ticket individually so we’ll need some time.

I understand how important this is to all of you and promise we’re not letting the issue sit idle. I’m seeing a great response toward getting this resolved for all of you.

I’ll update again as soon as I can (probably tomorrow).

GM Delicious Intent
Twitter: @ANetCSLead
GM Delicious Intent.5928

Posted by: kyla.8524

kyla.8524

I am having this same issue. I also tried everything mentioned and more. I very much need this resolved as this is not my legendary but one for the community and I am on a time crunch please Thank you for your time arenanet.
ticket# : 398597

Posted by: Prissie.6582

Prissie.6582

My ticket # for 100 map completion is 401501

Thanks
Prissy

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Thanks to those of you who are attempting the troubleshooting suggestions posted earlier in this thread and a special thanks to those of you who are mentioning that you’ve tried the steps right in your tickets. Our agents knowing that you tried the steps — and of course whether they worked or not — helps a bunch!

As you know, there is a game issue that is affecting a number of the folks posting in this thread and the team definitely is working on that. We don’t want to burden you by suggesting troubleshooting unless you want to try them. But I know from previous issues that sometimes, other things arise at the same time as a bug or game glitch. This means that a few of you will be helped by using the troubleshooting steps, so feel free to give ‘em a try if you wish. As the saying goes, "Can’t hurt, may help!"

If you find you are able to get your rewards, we’d greatly appreciate your updating your ticket to let us know.

Thank you so much for your patience and we’ll be back with more info later!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Previous

Michael Henninger.7451

Game Support Lead

Next

Okay, so… there is a fix coming.

In the meantime – if you finish map complete and do not get your 2x Gift of Exploration submit a support ticket. If you have correctly found all of the required POIs, WPs, etc. support is going to automatically send you the items. We will be doing this until the fix rolls out to the servers once every 24 hours.

When you submit the ticket the first post-auto-response we send you is going to be a generic ‘wait 24 hours’ response to allow us time to send you the gifts if you are due them. If you don’t qualify we’ll follow up with instructions on what to check in order to get you map complete.

Please be patient on your tickets, we’re a bit swamped right now but we’ll not forget you. =D

*Edit – Afterthought. We already sent out a large batch of these today so the next one goes out tomorrow.

GM Delicious Intent
GM Delicious Intent.5928

Posted by: MAGpie.7962

MAGpie.7962

Anyone else notice no-one has map-completion stars any more? Or is that just me and my settings?

You guys aware of it, Michael? Is it part of the bug?

Edit: Ok, I am seeing them occasionally now that I am aware of it. However, a lot of people who I know for a fact has map-completion, is not showing the star? So… still, part of the problem?

(edited by MAGpie.7962)

Posted by: Echo.8361

Echo.8361

1. is my ticket number

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Anyone else notice no-one has map-completion stars any more? Or is that just me and my settings?

Edit: Ok, I am seeing them occasionally now that I am aware of it. However, a lot of people who I know for a fact has map-completion, is not showing the star? So… still, part of the problem?

Dev response: ‘Also – for anyone who has lost the ‘star’ from your nameplate you may be able to solve this by getting the new POIs in Lion’s Arch. Worked for me.’

See earlier in thread.

Posted by: MAGpie.7962

MAGpie.7962

Dev response: ‘Also – for anyone who has lost the ‘star’ from your nameplate you may be able to solve this by getting the new POIs in Lion’s Arch. Worked for me.’

See earlier in thread.

Awesome, thanks, I missed that

Question though, will this be addressed with the fix? AND, does this mean, ever time a new item appears on the map, all my toons with map-comp will loose their stars? O.O Hope not!

(edited by MAGpie.7962)

Previous

Michael Henninger.7451

Game Support Lead

Next

The missing star is part of the bug and is being addressed in the upcoming fix. The new POIs simply kicked the bug where it counts and got the star working again. It is my understanding that we shouldn’t lose our stars in the future.

GM Delicious Intent
GM Delicious Intent.5928

Posted by: Delay.6908

Delay.6908

I submitted my ticket 7 days ago and was confirmed that i had the issue, however im not receiving m gifts and i am getting this instead: "Hello,

The issue you’re reporting will require a bit of additional investigation.

I am escalating your ticket for further assistance. A member of the team will be in contact with you as soon as the issue has been fully reviewed."

Its been reviewed twice now for the past 7 days.. i just want my gifts :[

Dr Winston | [DnT]

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

I submitted my ticket 7 days ago and was confirmed that i had the issue, however im not receiving m gifts and i am getting this instead: "Hello,

I am escalating your ticket for further assistance. A member of the team will be in contact with you as soon as the issue has been fully reviewed."

If you are indeed suffering from the bug, you will have to wait for the bug fix to go through, I’m guessing. They may try to add it into Tuesday’s patch, or a hotfix shortly thereafter if they are able to by then.

Posted by: cansin.2907

cansin.2907

Hey listen four Arena
My friend just before achieving complete world map
But he did not receive compensation for World Map
Go Today.
This is a bug in the game
Not our fault
You say you look at a particular place, review
Check and check again and again, we’ve
We’re not stupid.

We have not received just compensation will be due to a bug
just want you want to receive gift

Delay.6908

If you are indeed suffering from the bug, you will have to wait for the bug fix to go through, I’m guessing. They may try to add it into Tuesday’s patch, or a hotfix shortly thereafter if they are able to by then.

They already started sending gift of exploration compensations once every 24 hours, ive missed the 2 waves so far even thought i was one of the first to report…

Dr Winston | [DnT]

Posted by: confusion.3264

confusion.3264

I have the same problem, I submitted my first ticket 16 hours after the patch went live, still haven’t received anything. Could it be, that Anet needs additional time, when it’s not your first character to complete World Completion?

Posted by: Reaper.2564

Reaper.2564

Still waiting on my gifts to be mailed to me in game, talk about frustrating! Could we get an update on this? Especially for those who are still waiting on their GoE to be sent.

Thanks,

Reaper

Previous

Michael Henninger.7451

Game Support Lead

Next

One of our GMs is looking at accounts that have submitted tickets and not received Gifts. A large number of these are missing POIs. and we’re working on queries to identify which each individual is missing and that is going to take time.

GM Delicious Intent
GM Delicious Intent.5928

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Here are some additional updates for you:

• In a situation where Player Fred gets WC on Monday and Player Mary gets WC on Tuesday, Fred may get his rewards before Mary, or the two players may get their rewards in the same day’s distribution. Since the distributions are based on achievement date it’s highly unlikely that Mary would get her rewards before Fred.
  • Distributions are made daily for all who qualify, whether they have submitted a ticket or not.
  • If you are asked in a ticket to wait 24 hours and if you then still do not have your gift, please update your ticket (respond to the latest e-mail in the thread) and provide the exact name of the character who earned World Complete. This will help us research any individual issues more quickly for you!

Thanks again for your patience while we get those tasty gifts out to everyone!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Reaper.2564

Thanks, appreciate your quick responses.

(edited by Reaper.2564)

cansin.2907

My ticket #387078
Waiting for 48 hours… :/
Gift but did not come my mail.
my Necromancer ID = Magay

Attachments:

(edited by cansin.2907)

Posted by: superpartiaa.1436

superpartiaa.1436

I submitted my ticket #411687 (It may be caused of la 2 added points of interest i believe)

Posted by: hyuga.1059

hyuga.1059

Submitted 2 tickets: #405747 & #410424

Waited over 48 hours and no mail came in…

*727 POI 100% attained CHECKED
*provided exact name of the character who earned World Complete CHECKED
*screenshot of 100% map attached CHECKED
*experiencing this after Feb 18th 23:00 UTC CHECKED

no response reply from the email since last night

Posted by: AshleyFenton.5301

AshleyFenton.5301

I have the same problem too since the new update with lions arch. 100% map completion and no gifts of exploration on my second time of completing the map.

my ticket number is : 412300

i have done all the usual, check all zones again go chantry of secrets etc and still nothing.

hope you fix the problem soon as its the last thing i need for my juggernaut =(

TSOC leader & FoW Commander

(edited by AshleyFenton.5301)

Posted by: ankdarkwolf.1487

ankdarkwolf.1487

Ticket #385713
Had the bug on Feb 21st with the toon Maeeve Spiritwolf
Followed the suggested troubleshooting twice.

Still no gifts, nor updates to my ticket. I was patient, now i’m starting to feel really really disappointed.

Maeeve – The Unlikely Plan (TUP) – Cute! <3

Delay.6908

Submitted 1 ticket: #380529
*provided exact name of the character who earned World Complete (Lady Kunis, Thief) CHECKED
*screenshot of 100% map attached CHECKED
*Reported on Feb 22 (8 days ago)
please.. gift ;_;

Dr Winston | [DnT]

Posted by: Fadda.3201

Fadda.3201

ticket number: 404721
I’ve been promised that my gifts would have been sent via mail “before the end of the day”. Waited for three days and still nothing. now i’ve sent a mail with all the information I could give. Just writing here out of desperation, because I’ve got my Legendary ready to be crafted, guess what I’m missing?

Posted by: Glem.5126

Glem.5126

ticket number – 387012

*provided exact name of the character who earned World Complete (Ligneum Hominis, ranger) CHECKED
*Reported on Feb 24

AshleyFenton.5301

I have the same problem too since the new update with lions arch. 100% map completion and no gifts of exploration on my second time of completing the map.

my ticket number is : 415723

i have done all the usual, check all zones again go chantry of secrets etc and still nothing.

hope you fix the problem soon as its the last thing i need for my juggernaut =(

cansin.2907

world map 100% compensation Do not Incoming Gift of Exploration x 2

my Tickets #387078

You have said to me.

If you experienced this issue after Feb 18th 23:00 UTC, then you cannot solve the issue on your own. Beginning on Feb 26th, the Customer Support Team will start automatically mailing out Gifts of Exploration once daily to anyone who experienced this bug within the preceding 24-hour period. After earning the gifts, if you do not see them in your in-game mail right away please wait 24 hours and check your mail again.

If you continue to have issues after following the suggestion above, please let us know.

Regards,

Michael
Game Support Lead
Guild Wars 2 Support Team
http://support.guildwars2.com/

February 21 characters my Necromancer complete all world map
Was sent to you, and you have said. Within 24 hours
Gift but did not come my mail.

Waiting for 60 hours…:(

And the problem does not resolve
Always repeating the same words

So you are saying
Divinity’s Reach, Hoelbrak, the Black Citadel, Rata Sum, and the Grove.
I repeat very much
Check carefully .

And the Chantry of Secrets
Complete this place!!!

I am on day 10 popular answers your macro
Not cope with a very angry reaction

How long have to wait?
I am not a novice
I have a world map, all five characters to achieve 100%

Says again.
You are presented with

Divinity’s Reach, Hoelbrak, the Black Citadel, Rata Sum, and the Grove, Chantry of Secrets

Again check and confirm again confirmed.

I play Guild Wars 545days

Come to my mail box
I did not receive compensation
Gift of Exploration x 2

I really love the Guild Wars
Enthusiastic users

Becoming free from the pain

Waiting too weak to lift..

Wishing good news for me, please..

Posted by: Marcelinho.3190

Marcelinho.3190

I’m having the same problem I finished the map yesterday 03.01.2014 and this already and my second full but did not receive the reward map already checked all the maps please need my present exploration.

Attachments:

Reaper.2564

Ok, so my girlfriend just completed it on her character she received credit and the GoE. She did it to where she completed a map zone so she would receive the chest for the zone, that way it would trigger the map complete one too. It worked fine, just make sure that if you’re close to completing that you finish a zone last. Because you will not receive your GoE if you do the Kessex hills or Lions arch points of entrance and already received your zone chest for those places. Just a recommendation for those getting close that way they don’t have to wait forever to get them like the rest of us.

Thanks,

Reaper

Posted by: Intrepid.4730

Intrepid.4730

I, too, am having this annoying issue. I’ve tried all the suggestions on this thread and then some and none of them work. I submitted a report (#416866). Resolving this issue would be nice. And thanks Reaper. My last two PoIs where the new ones in Kessex Hills .

(edited by Intrepid.4730)

Posted by: gencoi.4679

gencoi.4679

Submitted 1 ticket: #384294
exact name of the character who earned World Complete (X Gen Coi X)
screenshot of 100% map attached
experienced this after Feb 18th 23:00 UTC
Reported on Feb 21

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I think some people are misunderstanding the post/instructions about the missing GoE. If you experienced this ‘bug’ anytime before February 26th, you will not be getting your gifts within 24 hours. And, if you experienced the ‘bug’ between Feb. 18th, and Feb. 26th, the suggestions provided (revisiting the Chantry of Secrets, etc.) won’t help you either. Only those who experience(d) the bug after the 26th, should receive their gifts within 24 hours. The rest will have to be investigated individually, and considering the amount of tickets for this issue, it may take some time.

At least, that is how I interpreted the announcement. Good luck.

Previous

Michael Henninger.7451

Game Support Lead

Next

We’re still digging!

GM Delicious Intent
GM Delicious Intent.5928

Posted by: XarOneZeroNine.2374

XarOneZeroNine.2374

So is there any advice for someone in my situation?

I have exactly one POI left and that is all. It is one of the new POI’s in Lions Arch. I was just about to run over to it in order to gain 100% map completion but just then, a guilde (in all caps even) warned me about people not receiving the proper rewards for completing the world.

Lo and behold there are a bunch of threads about it. So, I reiterate, any advice on a course of action? Should I complete, get bugged, and submit a support ticket? Wait it out? Or what?

(Just to clarify – I was blissfully unaware that the new POI’s were even placed in LA. After I completed my last WvW borderland I was puzzled. I went back to the chantry. Revisited every map, checked, double and triple checked everything. That’s when I discovered the new poi’s in LA. About 20 paces from triggering the last one my guildie stopped me)

Posted by: Blasdrimal.2475

Blasdrimal.2475

Ticket Id: 418977
Ingame Character Name: Elgathar

I’ve got the same issue as the rest of the people posting here. I have the title, I have the star next to my name and the Achievement too. Visited all maps, and also the Whispers room with the POI. Please help me out, I’m one step away from crafting my Legendary.

It’s insanely frustrating, I’ve been working on my Legendary weapon for ages, I sincerely hope I won’t get ignored.

Edit : I’ve completed my map/gotten my achievement some hours ago.

Attachments:

(edited by Blasdrimal.2475)

Reaper.2564

So is there any advice for someone in my situation?

I have exactly one POI left and that is all. It is one of the new POI’s in Lions Arch. I was just about to run over to it in order to gain 100% map completion but just then, a guilde (in all caps even) warned me about people not receiving the proper rewards for completing the world.

Lo and behold there are a bunch of threads about it. So, I reiterate, any advice on a course of action? Should I complete, get bugged, and submit a support ticket? Wait it out? Or what?

(Just to clarify – I was blissfully unaware that the new POI’s were even placed in LA. After I completed my last WvW borderland I was puzzled. I went back to the chantry. Revisited every map, checked, double and triple checked everything. That’s when I discovered the new poi’s in LA. About 20 paces from triggering the last one my guildie stopped me)

—Xar I would wait for someone from arenanet to get with you on that. I think it might be quicker to wait if they have a patch coming out here Tuesday to fix the bug. I have been waiting for about 5-6 days now for my GoE and no word yet on when we are going to get them, some others have been waiting even longer. I think it would be quicker to wait and see if they patch it Tuesday and receive them instantly other than waiting for the grand jury to sift through your account.

Just my opinion,

Reaper

AshleyFenton.5301

ticket number 423066 + 415723 + 412300
in game character : X F A L C O N X

i was trying to complete the map exploration for the second time as its the last thing i needed to do for my juggernaut. i completed it all only to realise that they have added new points to LA (which is pointless) so since LA was my last poi to get. I guess i have the bug like some, this happend after the 26th Feb and i have updated my game on the 4th March and no sign of any gifts yet. hope this gets fixed soon! i really need them! =D

Attachments:

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

I checked with the dev working on this fix yesterday, and he confirmed the below was accurate to the best of his knowledge.

With the March 4th build:

• everyone from this date forward will receive the proper rewards
  • everyone who got or gets WC will sport the star in game
  • everyone who accomplished World Complete prior to February 18th will receive his/her rewards and star (if not previously distributed) with the build

Customer Support will be:

• giving any missing Gifts of Exploration for those who accomplished World Complete between February 18 and March 5
  • distributing without the need for a ticket, but if you have a ticket, that’s fine, too.

So please check those dates. If you achieved World Complete between February 18 and March 5, we will be sending you your rewards but please allow a day or two more to get that taken care of.

If you have issues other than those described, we invite you to submit a ticket so we can review those on an individual bases.

Thanks for your patience with this and remember, we’re here to help if you still need assistance!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Posted by: spouki.4609

spouki.4609

hi!

i have finish my WC between 18th February and march 5 but i don’t recieved my 2 gift today. i hope after waiting 1 week i can receive my gift for finish my legendary weapon.

i’ve send any ticket but nobody take care.

i finish my WC on my Mesmer : löreline

please made something for correct this bug !

Inculpatus cedo.9234

hi!

i have finish my WC between 18th February and march 5 but i don’t recieved my 2 gift today. i hope after waiting 1 week i can receive my gift for finish my legendary weapon.

i’ve send any ticket but nobody take care.

i finish my WC on my Mesmer : löreline

please made something for correct this bug !

If you achieved World Complete between February 18 and March 5, we will be sending you your rewards but please allow a day or two more to get that taken care of.

Previous

Michael Henninger.7451

Game Support Lead

Next

We’re still experiencing an issue with verifying completion. We ARE going to get a reply out to you, no worries. =) We have not sent gifts out this week while we work on determining who is and is not affected by the bug – and who simply needs to go back and finish map complete.

If anyone reading this completed after the March 4 live build (approx 9am PDT) and did not get gifts would you please reply here with the character name affected?

For everyone who landed the achievement and did not get gifts, remember that the achievement is account-wide and does not guarantee that a specific character has 100% (thus earning Gifts).

*Edit – submitting multiple tickets slows us down and does not get you help any sooner than one ticket will.

GM Delicious Intent
GM Delicious Intent.5928

(edited by Michael Henninger.7451)

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

Been 7 days now and still nothing. Name is Veomar and I can verify I got map completion because I have the star next to my name so I didn’t miss a POI or anything, just never received my gifts on feb 26 when I completed it. As well on the character select screen it lists Veomar as 100% map completion. And this is the last thing I need to finish my Meteorlogicus.

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

Posted by: Sturmi.8064

Sturmi.8064

Character name: Carmin Belear

I did world completion yesterday (PoI at drill in Lions Arch).
Did not receive reward so far.

Posted by: Hate.4709

Hate.4709

Character Name : Cmxey Little Hate

its been since the 25th and I still haven’t received my gift. Been waiting for almost 10 days now please get this to me.

Posted by: W Johan W.5968

W Johan W.5968

Character Name: Lea Highborn

I experinced this 28th of Februari. My last Poi were the 2 new ones in Lion’s Arch. I have been submitting a ticket but I still haven’t recieved any gifts. Would be nice if I can expect those gifts before the weekend as it went some time now. Thanks.

Posted by: JUN YANG.4328

JUN YANG.4328

Character Name: Juns Mes

i complete 100% map on 20/02, (2am Australia time zone) its been 14 days. i still havent receive the gift. can i be the one who fix this first. or if someone wait longer than i did.

Posted by: ozaki MAKIcon.6853

ozaki MAKIcon.6853

Account ID: ozaki MAKIcon.6853
Character ID: Ozakimakicon
I’ve completed since 26th and still not got the GIFT now.
And no support reply my mail…

Posted by: Xicor.9254

Xicor.9254

Character name: Edward Midnight

I’ve completed on the 4th of March, my fist map completion. I got the star and title, visited chantry of secrets and some vistas and still didn’t get it.