20 gold 4 solution Display diver has stopped

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Phenix Flyer.6724

Phenix Flyer.6724

Whenever I log into the game doing anything causes the game to crash or completely freeze the whole system (even on lowest settings, when I was usually mix of mid and High). On the rare occasion that the game recovers I get a error saying that the Display diver has stopped working and has recovered.
When the game freezes the sound seems to freeze as well continuing the noise it was playing. When this occurs everything is unresponsive and I have to kill the Power.

I have tried an array of solutions, like adjusting NVidia controls and power to performance as well as (Microsoft suggestion) increasing the GPU processing time.
I am using
Nvidia GeForce GT 525M
Driver 337.88
Intel Core i7 2670QM
CPU 2.2GHz
windows 7 home premium (up to Date)

20 gold to the one who makes this game playable again!

~ Sylvari Ranger, [BGW] Jade Quarry ~
“I blame Kormir”

Posted by: Batdogi.7142

Batdogi.7142

have you tried going back to the earlier driver? Newer isn’t always better with drivers. I think the previous stable version was 335.23

“Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.”
? Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

Posted by: Avelos.6798

Avelos.6798

Check the computer itself. Make sure it’s clean free of as much dust as it can be, it’s not running too hot, you’re not running a machine full of crap and malware, all of theb asic computer maintenance.

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Hmm, drop back the NVidia drivers to 335, they are pretty stable, run through some programs like malwarebytes/antivirus and make sure your computer isn’t full of any crap, try a -repair and make sure that gw2 hasn’t been corrupted (unlikely but worth a check), pull the laptop apart and give it a good clean (particularly the heatsink and fan), maybe replace the thermal gel if need be.

Mostlikely, though, its just NVidia’s latest drivers being buggy like usual, you generally shouldn’t update them much at all, just find a stable version and stick with it (I have 335.23)

Posted by: Vissy.5861

Vissy.5861

Defect graphic card.

I had the same issue a while back, screen got full of pixels and then turned black. After a few seconds I got error massage “nvidia driver has stopped responding and has recovered”

Sometimes the whole pc would crash so I had to reboot it.

Spent many weeks trying to figure out what the problem was, contacted support etc.

Sent the PC in for repair and got a new graphic card for free(warrenty)

Havent had any problems since then.

Posted by: bretfrag.5607

bretfrag.5607

My latest Nvidea driver made GW2 and a number of games barely playable. Rolling back solved the issue.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

My latest Nvidea driver made GW2 and a number of games barely playable. Rolling back solved the issue.

Funny, the latest driver released lowered my general loading times significantly…even the first log in one. Run A GTX660

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances