After patching my FPS is dropping to 14...

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: raiaknl.6348

raiaknl.6348

Every day I farm on SW, doing Vinewrath playing with 30~50fps during all the crowded fights.
After patching the game, I noticed that my fps was really bad dropping to 14 sometimes.

No, I didn’t change anything in my rig, didn’t change drivers, it’s all up to date like always.

Have you guys notice any changes on your games performance?

Posted by: Starfall.6813

Starfall.6813

I was just in the Silverwastes and getting about 10 FPS, sometimes even less. It was awful. This machine usually isn’t great—about 30 FPS is normal—but its not that bad. There weren’t even that many people around.

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Few things, what is your vid card? Need to know what additional software you could be using to fine tune performance. Secondly, when did you patch te game? Sorry I’m not on right now, was it like just now, or last night and you’re still having problems? Finally, got any background programs running and what’s your processor?

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

Haven’t noticed any change to my FPS.

Check your graphics settings and see if your “Render Sampling” is set to Supersample (that causes a lot of FPS issues to some machines. Also check your Character Model Limit, which if set to very high will usually reduce frames as well.

If those weren’t the issue, it might have been a hardware failure on your end, but I am not very experienced with those.

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

I’ve had this happen after patching before. The game became unplayable and I wasn’t sure what to do about it. I tested my pc on a ping tester, reset my router, reset my pc 4-5 times. Nothing budged. It was nothing on my end.

I had to completely reinstall GW2 and when I got back in game it was finally fixed. x.x’’

Posted by: raiaknl.6348

raiaknl.6348

Gtx 760 windows 10 64bit activated and up to date, all the drivers (I always double check).
CPU i5 2500k @4.2Ghz
Gw2 is running on kitten.
Background softwares is Team Speak and Windows Media Player only.

I’m playing Battlefield 4 with 60~80fps as always, other games the performance is the same, ONLY Gw2 is having this issue.

Posted by: ima kong fu ninja.3052

ima kong fu ninja.3052

I have this same issue. I usually get around 40-110+ FPS in WvW while roaming/zerging.
Lately, I have been getting random FPS drops (10-12FPS) while in WvW, PvE, dungeons, PvP, etc.

My System specs are: 2 nvidia GTX 760 SLI, 16Gb RAM, intel i7-4820K possessor, 256Gb samsung EVO Pro SSD.

Please fix this!
-Thanks!

Posted by: Trinnitty.8256

Trinnitty.8256

I think there is a fps glitch too. I had it happen twice on me in wvw. I had to restart the game by forcing it to close in task manager (program not responding).

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I think there is a fps glitch too. I had it happen twice on me in wvw. I had to restart the game by forcing it to close in task manager (program not responding).

This happened to me in SW. I have no idea the cause. I normally run 35-45 fps there, and I was down to 9-12. A forced reboot (and it didnt want to close) and it went back to normal when I restarted.

Couldn’t provide any additional info to reproduce it. It was even during a lull in activity on the map

Posted by: illuminaughty.9078

illuminaughty.9078

I cant say that I’ve really noticed an fps drop (running a GTX 670). Have you tried turning off Ambient Occlusion/Best Texture Filtering/light adaptation/lower collision sensitivity, those were the settings that cost me some fps.

I’ll put a screenshot of my settings below. I get anywhere from 25-45 fps in big zergs, 60 pretty much anywhere else. Certain world bosses take me as far down as 20, but not very often at all.

If your also desperate for more fps, you can always lower your FoV.

Hope that helps a bit, see you all in Tyria!

Attachments:

Posted by: TehHobNob.4687

TehHobNob.4687

Same problem today in pvp. Random drops into the teens. Normally no issue with my settings. Thought it was a memory leak. Restarting the client fixed it.

Pancakes
Thief

Posted by: Arpheus.6918

Arpheus.6918

I can confirm this. Happened to me twice. It got worse and worse – felt like 3-5fps instead of 40 or so. Had to close the client with task manager.
Using a GTX 760

Posted by: Synyster.7134

Synyster.7134

This is a problem on my pc as well and the only correlation i can draw is the upgrade to windows 10

Posted by: SigmaOfApeiron.8397

SigmaOfApeiron.8397

This is a problem on my pc as well and the only correlation i can draw is the upgrade to windows 10

Been testing Win10 since October and never had issues with GW2. In fact, many of my games performance increased, GW2’s included.
I wouldn’t point at Win10 in this case, as I’ve also seen people report this problem with other OS’s. Try the “-repair” command to verify and repair game files, it may help.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Windows 10 wasn’t even out when this thread was created, so why necro post here
instead of creating a new one.
Also it is well known that there are massive issues with NVidia driver on Win10.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.