Radium.5019

Q:

Ok this is my Build.

AMD Athlon II x4 651 Quad Core Processor
ATI Radeon HD 6970 2GB DDR5 RAM
8 GB G-Skill Ripjaw 1600 DDR3 Ram
XFX 1000 Watt PSU
Windows 7 x64 OS

Up until now my computer has been able to handle any game on the market on full settings without breaking a sweet. Guild Wars 2 however performs very badly and I don’t understand why. The graphics engine for Guild Wars 2 is the same as Guild Wars 1 made 7 years ago so why does it perform so badly?

I run Guild Wars 2 and see that the game never uses more than 40% of my GPU and 20% of my CPU even in Boss fights and PVP. However when in normal PVE going around doing events my frame rate changes between 50-25 often drastically changing from high to low.

I’ve played around with the in game settings and that seems to make no difference at all and my CCC is set to default settings. I’ve tried different drivers again this made no difference and even a fresh format and reload of my OS.

I doubt it’s my Computers Spec as it far exceeds the game requirements. If my computer was bottle necked in anyway then I would have problems with other games as well not just Guild Wars 2.

I’ve browsed a few posts about game performance and found I’m not the only one who has game performance issues. I did open a ticket with support asking for help and all I got from them was a message saying “Please make sure you have the latest driver installed” lol took to weeks for that awesome peace of information.

This game should be running at 60fps no matter what I’m doing in game. I can only conclude that the games optimisation is not complete since I have no problem running any other game.

Please does anyone else have this problem? If so do you know how to fix it or have any tips I could try that I haven’t already? Or does anybody know if Anet plan further optimisations in the future?

Please Mr DEV read this and give me some Technical support.

(edited by Radium.5019)

Bad Performance FPS

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: VirtualBS.3165

VirtualBS.3165

Did you get any performance increase from disabling core parking?

Bad Performance FPS

Posted by: Radium.5019

Radium.5019

I will try that now

Bad Performance FPS

Posted by: Cbuzz.5083

Cbuzz.5083

When will these threads ever end…..

For starters, it’s not exactly the same engine. It’s completely different/revamped/re-done/released in 2012. Just because you can run other games, does not automatically mean GW2 will run @ 1000fps. Doesn’t work like that.

How you think the game SHOULD run & how it ACTUALLY runs are two completely different things. If you searched you’d quickly see that ALL AMD processors get VERY bad performance in GW2. Sorry, but this is your reality.

i7 3770k@4.8Ghz / AIR
GTX 6GB Titan@1160Mhz
3007WFP@2560x16000

Bad Performance FPS

Radium.5019

Helpful comments only please there is no reason to rage.

Bad Performance FPS

Radium.5019

@ VirtualBS thank you for the information about “Core Parking”. But this has made no improvments. Thank you for the helpful post.

Bad Performance FPS

Posted by: Lani.1429

Lani.1429

No need to try nothing works. The game is one big annoyance since last 2 patches.

Bad Performance FPS

Posted by: VirtualBS.3165

VirtualBS.3165

My only remaining recommendation would be to overclock as much as you can. It seems AMD CPUs benefit a lot from high clocks in this game.

Bad Performance FPS

Posted by: Platinumz.8756

Platinumz.8756

I recommend overclocking if you have enough cooling. My Athlon II X4 640 got a boost from 3Ghz to 3.5Ghz and got a big noticeable improvement ( I could go higher but can’t keep it stable).

Not sure how far your cpu can go but considering yours is a black edition and mines not you sure be able to push higher than mine.

i5 3570K @ 4GHz
8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600Mhz
Nvidia GTX 560ti SLI OC

Bad Performance FPS

Radium.5019

Thank’s for your tip’s and tweak’s. But i must confess im in the dark when it comes to overclocking and stay away from it as i dont want to cause any damage to my system. Also i do not see the need to change anything when all other games run better than fine just to run a single game.

However i do like this game very much and am willing to try anything. If any of you could point me in the right direction of how to overclock my CPU safely please post.

Bad Performance FPS

Posted by: dacooli.6712

dacooli.6712

Radium, I’ve tried everything to make this issue go away. You might want to try this out;
high performance energy scheme
overclocking (3.3 ghz to 4.2 gave me 30+ FPS plus 200% better stability)
check your temps, you can adjust your fans if you are heating.
test your FPS in 3dmark and heaven benchmark and compare to others, see if this is on your end.
i did and i tried alot of other games aswell and came to the conclusion that this game has got problems and not my computer. don’t worry, im sure anet will fix this sooner or later

Bad Performance FPS

Radium.5019

Thank you Dacooli. I tend to agree with you that the problem lies in the game itself.

Bad Performance FPS

Posted by: dacooli.6712

dacooli.6712

Thank you Dacooli. I tend to agree with you that the problem lies in the game itself.

All my posts seems to go away, oh well.
Yeah, I found two people just asking in general “anyone with gtx 670/680”? and both had problems. also seen alot with the radeon 6000 serie + 7000 serie have the problem, also some in the 500 serie. but not all, thats the weird thing. well i dunno, it can just be a bug with some hardware not working properly in this game.

Bad Performance FPS

Posted by: Threat Level Zero.8052

Threat Level Zero.8052

My AMD and ATI Radeon 6800’s Crossfire don’t run up to par either on this game. I practically have to run the game at lowest settings. I can turn a lot up to the highest settings, such as Shaders for instance, and it says I’m getting 70+ FPS sometimes but I get that crazy lag where it’s rubberbanding everything a lot.

Honestly it still runs better without Crossfire enabled, still at near low settings for everything, even with the latest drivers and everything.

Bad Performance FPS

Radium.5019

Bad Performance FPS

Radium.5019

What you just said was pointless. explain to us why i and others can run any high end game on the planet at max with no problem but have to run through fired hoops to run a low spec game like gw2?

Bad Performance FPS

Posted by: Talon Silverhawk.5964

Talon Silverhawk.5964

ohh ya I see. I misread topic due to so many topic going on about game crashed.

So deleted my post above.

Colourseliteuk [CEUK]

Bad Performance FPS

Radium.5019

@ Talon

Say sorry you silly kitten fanboy! Even if it was a mistake what you said was still wrong!

Bad Performance FPS

Posted by: CaptainFabulous.8410

CaptainFabulous.8410

Helpful comments only please there is no reason to rage.

Cbuzz did give helpful advice. The problem is your CPU. You seem to be the only one raging here, blathering on and on in multiple threads about how you can play any game on the planet on max settings, which honestly 1.) is BS, 2.) irrelevant.

While there surely will be continued optimizations of the game engine as time goes on, you’re unlikely to see a significant improvement. Either overclock the hell out of it or upgrade cause what you see now is realistically as good as it’s going to get. This game requires a lot of horsepower to run well, and AMD CPUs simply do not have the necessary per-core horsepower to do it justice.

(edited by CaptainFabulous.8410)

Bad Performance FPS

Radium.5019

I dont understand why i should have to overclock my CPU just for gw2 when the game rarely uses 20% of it!

(edited by Radium.5019)

Bad Performance FPS

Posted by: Platinumz.8756

Platinumz.8756

I’ll say it straight, Guild Wars 2 is badly optimized.

It’s also very CPU dependent over graphics cards.

Only workaround for now is overclocking your CPU, increasing the clock speed yields better overall fps.

Or you can just wait for Arena net to fix this problem but who knows when that will happen, even I get frustrated when their patches seems to make the game lag even more.

i5 3570K @ 4GHz
8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600Mhz
Nvidia GTX 560ti SLI OC

Bad Performance FPS

Posted by: CaptainFabulous.8410

CaptainFabulous.8410

I dont understand why i should have to overclock my CPU just for gw2 when the game rarely uses 20% of it!

There’s no way it’s only using 20%. More like 60-70 which means it’s maxed out on this game.