Banned for botting , unnatended play

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: skullfaerie.7203

skullfaerie.7203

Thanks a lot for the really fast response, Gaile It’s back! You’re awesome!

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Guildy was heavily farming foxfires and can’t post here due to the ban on his account!

ID: Rebound.3409
Ticket nr: 795635

Hope you get this sorted out, thank you!

All fixed! Please thank for friend for his understanding.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Thanks a lot for the really fast response, Gaile It’s back! You’re awesome!

That’s terrific news — thanks for letting me know!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Zach.9568

Zach.9568

My wifes account was banned due to botting, she also has been farming foxfires recently, she cant log in to her GW account or the game. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Her account name is Reia.3852
The ticket number she sent in is #795682

Posted by: bradldz.3728

bradldz.3728

Hey everyone, hi Gaile, I just thought I would post my thoughts on this issue here as I was one of the people who got wrongly banned today and was affected by it and not able to play for most of the day. I can access my account now and log in fine ( no emails from anet so far about the ticket i opened as soon as my account came up banned while i was actually in game and kicked out btw). This might sound a bit stupid but i think considering the amount of your customers involved we should have been treated fairly. what i mean by that is that i understand this came from farming nodes which i was doing with 3 of my guildies last night and all 4 of us got a ban today, all of our accounts are active now, however, one of us got the ‘special item delivery’ message which contained the heroic chest and the letter with 4k influence in it, i received the ‘welcome to tyria’ message which contained ONLY the letter of influence (which is a stupid compensation if you ask me as i could not care less about influence, heroic chest i would take gladly as i still need 2 of the armor skins unlocked) and my other 2 guildies didnt even get anything apparently. wouldnt it be fair to treat us all equally and give the same compensation? this might sound a bit shallow but im sure you can understand my unhappiness.

Hi. I’m happy to explain this: Occasionally, when we reinstate an account that does not already have the Heroic Edition features, the items related to that version of the game were sent to that account holder. We’re not sending gifts or compensation or anything of that nature related to this incident. But that may explain why you are noting what appears to be a reinstatement disparity in the accounts.

Ty for your explanation, I guess I can understand even tho its still kind of wrong. Also thanks for letting us know we can farm wood safely, I was very concerned about going back to try and farm for my clusters again. Have a good day

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

My wifes account was banned due to botting, she also has been farming foxfires recently, she cant log in to her GW account or the game. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Her account name is Reia.3852
The ticket number she sent in is #795682

All clear and ticket updated to let her know.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

“Rebound.3409” FIXED i just got ingame. I wanted to say a sincere thx for identifying it was an error.

Only thing i REALLY disliked and was extremely infuriating, was not having the possibility to post on the forums. Being from the EU, it took over 6h to get a guildie to post here, otherwise it would have taken much more.

Anyway THANK U!

(edited by Rebound.3409)

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

“Rebound.3409” FIXED i just got ingame. I wanted to say a sincere thx for identifying it was an error.

Only thing i REALLY disliked and was extremely infuriating, was not having the possibility to post on the forums. Being from the EU, it took over 6h to get a guildie to post here, otherwise it would have taken much more.

Anyway THANK U!

You’re very welcome.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Eliezra.6780

Eliezra.6780

One of my guildmates was farming for Foxfire and was banned for botting today.

Account Name: Linaeus.6253
Ticket Number: 795638

It’d be great if this can get cleared up so he can play today. Thanks!

Posted by: Zach.9568

Zach.9568

To Gail, she just was able to log into the game. She is super excited and is smiling like crazy. Thank you so very much for your help! You’re the best!!!!

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

QUESTION: If i start farming foxfires like a demented lunatic again…do i still risk getting banned or was the system fine tuned for not having this blunder happen again?

Posted by: daliance.6713

daliance.6713

it was fixed thank you gaile

Posted by: Kauna Arget.7052

Kauna Arget.7052

Thanks. Quick update: my guildie daliance can now log in again. She’s sooo pleased!!

Per aspera ad astra!

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

QUESTION: If i start farming foxfires like a demented lunatic again…do i still risk getting banned or was the system fine tuned for not having this blunder happen again?

You should be absolutely peachy! That is to say, you are not at risk of an account termination for doing honest harvesting. If you were to start using a bot to do it, well, that’s a different story. But I’m sure you are talking about real farming and that’s ok.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

One of my guildmates was farming for Foxfire and was banned for botting today.

Account Name: Linaeus.6253
Ticket Number: 795638

It’d be great if this can get cleared up so he can play today. Thanks!

This is now A-Ok!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

To Gail, she just was able to log into the game. She is super excited and is smiling like crazy. Thank you so very much for your help! You’re the best!!!!

it was fixed thank you gaile

Thanks. Quick update: my guildie daliance can now log in again. She’s sooo pleased!!

Excellent. Thank you for updating us. I’ll post an update in just a moment.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Update as of 2:47 PM (31 July 2014):

Our team just did another pass to reinstate impacted accounts, as it was clear that a few players were missed in the previous attempt to unblock the erroneous closures. We could tell there was a small glitch because such a small number of accounts were blocked and yet posts appeared here saying that certain accounts still were blocked.

Now, naturally, in order for the reinstatement process to work, the account must have been blocked for the identical reason and in the proper timeframe — and not in an unrelated closure. But since that was the case with a few players in this thread, we knew that a second pass was needed.

With this new run, I believe all those impacted by this incident are now back to normal. If someone still is blocked, ask him or her to submit a ticket and we’ll continue to track this.

Again, we really appreciate the patience of our players and their understanding as we worked on getting everything ship-shape for all those impacted.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Eliezra.6780

Eliezra.6780

He just got in the game. Thanks for the help.

Posted by: Majuub.6215

Majuub.6215

Anet at its’ finest.

Ethereal Guardians [EG]
Sea of Sorrows

Posted by: Defend.9678

Defend.9678

I didn’t get my account back within 4 hours, I was waiting about 7-8 hours…

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

I didn’t get my account back within 4 hours, I was waiting about 7-8 hours…

Yes, I think that was explained in the multiple updates in this thread. Of the players who were blocked in error, most were reinstated in less than four hours. A few — maybe a dozen or so — were not reinstated, but were taken care of this afternoon.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Noobix.3958

Noobix.3958

Uh oh. Gaile just had a really kittenty day at work. Thanks for your efforts Gaile! The community appreciates it.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Uh oh. Gaile just had a really kittenty day at work. Thanks for your efforts Gaile! The community appreciates it.

No, actually, that’s a good day for me! Not because we had an issue, that’s bad, sure. But we were able to explain to our players, and I love (absolutely love!) transparency and being able to say what happened and what we’re going to do to get it fixed! Then, we were also able to get this fixed on an individual account basis, and with two waves, for everyone impacted. This is all good! (Well, except for the initial issue, but hey, fixing stuff FTW! )

I walked out of work feeling like we’d done a good job under trying circumstances, and I was so grateful for the agents who helped me look at the accounts and get back word to players, in real time, about the corrections we were making.

But thanks for your kind words, Noobix, that’s really nice of you.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Rifled Yolks.2097

Rifled Yolks.2097

Hello Anet a good friend of mine was banned and not for a good reason, please let him come back. …The following is His information.

ID: Rebound.3409
Ticket nr: 795635
Toons:
Generic Dagger Guy
Cuddly Claw
Hathaway Crossbone
Badabing Badaboom
Boom Chikiwawa
Icu Ikillu

Posted by: EFFORTLESS.9850

EFFORTLESS.9850

Hi Anet, my friend got banned permanently yesterday, hes hoping that he has the same case that the guys posted here. He said that he logged out fine after karma farming and gathering some ores and logs at EOTM that night and shocked that he was banned when he tries to login yesterday morning. His account name is icehailer.8936 and ticket # is 808968.

Hope you can help him Thnx a bunch!

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Hi Anet, my friend got banned permanently yesterday, hes hoping that he has the same case that the guys posted here. He said that he logged out fine after karma farming and gathering some ores and logs at EOTM that night and shocked that he was banned when he tries to login yesterday morning. His account name is icehailer.8936 and ticket # is 808968.

Hope you can help him Thnx a bunch!

Your friend will need to wait for the team to answer him. This is not something we can discuss with you, and it’s far too early to post asking for a review.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Sevei.3012

Sevei.3012

posting for my friend Chongkeys.8910 who got banned for farming foxfires.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

posting for my friend Chongkeys.8910 who got banned for farming foxfires.

Your friend would need to contact CS and discuss the issue with them. Top of Page – Support – Submit a Request.

Previous

Gaile Gray

To be very clear, this forum isn’t designed for appeals of account suspensions or terminations. If your ticket has not been answered in three days or more, or if you believe that there has been some sort of issue — not that you disagree, but that something seriously wrong happened within the ticket or it has not been responded to in a significant amount of time — you may post in the Tickets for Review thread above.

But keep in mind: We get dozens of appeals a day from RMT workers and cheaters who would have us believe that the evidence in front of our noses isn’t proof of a breach of the UA and/or RoC. If you’re using a third-party program, please don’t waste your and our valuable time by submitting a pointless appeal that will be rejected.

I apologize if that sounded cranky, but the number of these incidents is growing:

• “My friend didn’t cheat!”
  • Careful review, after one, two, even three previous reviews
  • Yep, he cheated. And “he” might even be “you” using one of a large number of RMT accounts.
  • Outcome: The only possible outcome: Appeal denied. Again. And again.

This happens. And these dishonest posts may give legitimate players the impression that a lot of errors are made in relation to account terminations, which is not the case. The number of errors is small. The number of reversals is very small.

So before posting, consider using the correct thread, and only that thread. And… choose wisely.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet