Black Screen (not freezing) while playing

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Yulan.4069

Yulan.4069

It started a couple of days ago. At totally random times, in various places (first time in Snowball Mayhem, but now just happened in Lion’s Arch 2 times in a row) my screen turn black and the only visible thing is the mouse cursor. The background music continues, but no skill activation nor anything else.

I can normally ALT+F4 and restart the game, so it’s a different, new problem other than the black screen hardware failure people are encountering.. But it’s still annoying since I’ve lost matches and other activities because of this.

Somebody else have seen it already? I’m using a Dell Vostro 3700 with 310.33 Nvidia Drivers, but it doesn’t seem to be hardware related and just started 2 days ago.

EDIT 1: Just happened in Queensdale, all of sudden. While in the black screen I can still hit F11 and change my settings, but the game will remain in the black screen.

Ah, the Scepter of Orr. You have taken a risk to deliver this. Now I shall return the favor.

(edited by Yulan.4069)

Posted by: Nitro.4732

Nitro.4732

Hi Yulan.4069

To start you are currently on an old beta graphics driver. Could you please test with the latest WHQL signed driver version 310.70 or with and older stable driver such as 306.97

thanks

CoolerMaster Masterbox 5 | H110i | AMD Ryzen R7 1800x 4.0GHz | 32GB DDR4
512GB Samsung 950pro | 2TB SATA-3 | AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB

(edited by Nitro.4732)

Posted by: Ravalah.2763

Ravalah.2763

I found out, that my problem seems better, when I bypass my router, but I can´t change anything else, because I am not owner of another devices on wifi way, it´s ISP. I get one black screen in two hours instead of 5 in one hour, but still really annoying.

I think somebody from Anet shall check the client communication, because it seems their side disconnect me. I dont have problems with other online games, just this one.

My ticket is open since Halloween content and nobody cares.

Posted by: Yulan.4069

Yulan.4069

I’m using a 3G connection right now, so maybe it’s related to a connection loss. The strange thing is that it doesn’t show the usual dc pop-up, the screen just turns black. I will update the thread once I get at home (after 5/1) to tell if it’s still happening.

Nitro, I know these aren’t the latest drivers but I’ve never faced this problem before and I know a lot of people that use older drivers. I know this is no excuse to keep the system outdated, but I will first check if it’s a connection problem before taking next steps (mess with graphic cards in a 3G connection can lead to a total mess)

Ah, the Scepter of Orr. You have taken a risk to deliver this. Now I shall return the favor.

Posted by: Daemonson.9521

Daemonson.9521

I’m having this same problem! I just bought a thousand dollar laptop, so it’s not the system being outdated. Any suggestions?

Posted by: Ilithis Mithilander.3265

Ilithis Mithilander.3265

I’m having this same problem! I just bought a thousand dollar laptop, so it’s not the system being outdated. Any suggestions?

Seeing as that over the course of a day new drivers can come out, thus becoming outdated. Paying any amount of money doesn’t fix the fact that things are always constantly being updated. Nice necro btw.

Primary Guild: Testing Eternity [TE]
Chloe (Version 3):
[i7 930 @ 4.1Ghz (1.3875V) w/Cooler Master 120M][Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (stock)]