Blocked/Suspended/Terminated -- Player Comments

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: hereticgame.1908

hereticgame.1908

guys its ok common everyone makes a mistake and happens rarely its called bad luck just like it happened to me my weekend got wasted and from monday sad job again.its ok though no one is perfect they are humans like us remember ur past how many mistakes u made till now i only wish that anet doesnt permanent ban the innocent people just like me who buyed the account by doing hard work and didnt did any mistake or broke any rules.

Posted by: absolutemagnitude.6349

absolutemagnitude.6349

Yes, not only have I been wrongfully suspended, I have no idea what I have been suspended for! I have been waiting for 2 days for a response but my ticket keeps getting redirected to different ‘departments’.

I am a guild leader and a commander in my server. Because of this suspension, i ahve been unable to lead my guildies and fellow players.

by the way, a question for the players. Will it say that your account is terminated? because when i try to log in it says “your account has been suspended for account reasons.” does this mean my account is only suspended, or is there a chance that my account has been terminated?

my ticket number is: 121026-003094

thank you

Posted by: Andicus.3081

Andicus.3081

I also tried to log in this morning and got the “account issue” suspended message.
I have absolutely no idea why.

121028-001173

Posted by: TheSaint.8072

TheSaint.8072

account banned for gold selling or buying, but i did not have done any of contested action.

The only thing i did was reporting an undeletable mail of a gold seller with one copper inside.

I have opened a ticket.

121028-001299

All Life end in Death, and Death…is only the beginning…

TheSaint.8072

guys its ok common everyone makes a mistake and happens rarely its called bad luck just like it happened to me my weekend got wasted and from monday sad job again.its ok though no one is perfect they are humans like us remember ur past how many mistakes u made till now i only wish that anet doesnt permanent ban the innocent people just like me who buyed the account by doing hard work and didnt did any mistake or broke any rules.

No no no…… you are wrong. THIS is not BAD LUCK, this is incompetence at technical level, something in their system didn’t had the adequate level of checks to be sure that the account involved is really a gold seller or not…. a miserable copper in a mail can blow their system. This tell so much.

Posted by: hereticgame.1908

hereticgame.1908

TheSaint.8072.
No no no…… you are wrong. THIS is not BAD LUCK, this is incompetence at technical level, something in their system didn’t had the adequate level of checks to be sure that the account involved is really a gold seller or not…. a miserable copper in a mail can blow their system. This tell so much.

hmm lets hope whoever accounts are suspended without doing any fraud will be unbanned soon

Posted by: corvocuore.2571

corvocuore.2571

account banned for gold selling or buying, but i did not have done any of contested action.

The only thing i did was reporting an undeletable mail of a gold seller with one copper inside.

I have opened a ticket.

121028-001299

Now I see a pattern here… I did the same thing. Report five spam mail, one of then undeleteable with the copper… so I pick the stupid thing to clean my mailbox.

Anet your system obviously is broken!

By the way my ticket still open with no response at all 121025-003179.

TheSaint.8072

Surprise surprise, it is not the first time that unjustified bans happens, for a system fault.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Permanently-Banned-for-Modifying-or-Tampering-with-game

Posted by: Wombat.8302

Wombat.8302

Now I see a pattern here… I did the same thing. Report five spam mail, one of then undeleteable with the copper… so I pick the stupid thing to clean my mailbox.

Anet your system obviously is broken!

By the way my ticket still open with no response at all 121025-003179.

You know I might have done the same thing, I remember some sort of a spam mail a couple of weeks ago but I’ve just deleted it. Anyway if that’s the cause, why not write so? And why should you be banned for indeletable spam ingame mail messages? The one who sends them should be punished, not the one who actually got it.

Posted by: Calico.7920

Calico.7920

Incident: 121027-001886

I remember some gold in game mails, and i know that i deleteted them, cant remember if thy used the 1 copper trick or that i took 1 copper to delete the mail.
But i dont hope that i lost my account over accepting 1 copper, thats to harsh.
Hope thy can trace it back if i did, if so i apologize for that if that broke the rules.
nexst time i wile send those mails back and report/block that person who send it.

Posted by: LeijonaSisu.4760

LeijonaSisu.4760

I think it’s a bit nuts that ArenaNet is zerging anyone who has even remotely heard the words “gold selling” in game or whatever…

I have my PC locked up like a fortress and I haven’t got any annoying emails or anything….

I really hope that ArenaNET does a proper investigation before randomly targeting people’s accounts…

Posted by: absolutemagnitude.6349

absolutemagnitude.6349

I remember my friend sending me 1 copper just as a joke. I accepted this 1 copper because i had no reason not to. Now i’m reading on the forums that people are being banned for accepting 1 copper from ‘gold sellers’.

ANet, really….If my account was suspended because i accepted 1 COPPER from a friend…. you really need to buck up and get better customer service. At least review suspend/ban cases THOROUGHLY before you decide to ban us for 72 hours. All i got to do this weekend was go on vent and listen to my guildies raging at the halloween jump quest. how fun.

Posted by: Moderator.9672

Moderator.9672

Hi,

Please help keep these forums a productive and friendly place by posting in a respectful tone.

Please, have a look at our forum Code of Conduct
Users breaking those rules risk an infraction

Posted by: MIZERI.3867

MIZERI.3867

Same here unable to login for the past 24 Hours for no reason
Incident :121026-002883

Well I’ve been Locked Out for Getting Hacked while i was playing this morning… I Got kicked out of the game and couldn’t log in for several minutes then when i actually got back in the game, My High lvl character was # 1 in the list and i know as well as anyone else knows, the last toon played is the first toon in the list, well i didnt play that toon i was playing on a newly created ranger for which the previous day i acually bought some gems and got a new character slot. Now I am out of $60 for the game and $20 for the gems that i didn’t get to enjoy because i got HACKED and then moments later Banned and thennnnnnnnn IGNORED by Arena Net’s lame customer service…….

Not to mention the Moderator is more attentive here in the forum Deleting my messages in a timely manner because i CAP a few word to express myself.. again.. lame

I AM THE VICTIM!!!! GET ME BACK GAMING & DON’T SILENCE MY VOICE!
Incident # 121028-002193 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: xwuxone.2145

xwuxone.2145

Account has been suspended
Error code 45:6:3:2114
The request solution and steps
Normal game useless any software

Posted by: Elis.1940

Elis.1940

I have got hacked for 2 times, is that a reason why I got banned?

I’m not GW2 support, but there’s a very good chance that if someone hacked your account they then did things with your account that violated the rules. They typically use hacked accounts to carry out illegal transactions because they don’t care about whether YOUR character gets locked out.

If you’ve been hacked twice in a week, something is very very wrong. If you changed your password and made sure that you used a secure one, your computer itself may be compromised. You should take a really close look at what’s going on that’s causing your account to be so easily accessed by the hackers so that you can fix the problem, not just for GW2, but also for anything else that is happening on the same computer (or any other accounts that you may be handling in a similar way regarding usernames and passwords).

If you get your account re-activated and you don’t have the two-factor authentication features in place, that’s something you should definitely pursue.

TheSaint.8072

Ticket 121028-001299, still waiting, for having done nothing, and no response for all ppl posting the same problems.

Posted by: getzzzonked.7609

getzzzonked.7609

The 1 copper thing? I think that is what has happened to me.

What annoys me is that ANet say they look at each and every case of permanent banning very closely, but if they are seeing people are getting tricked into taking a copper from the mail surely they wouldn’t ban them, but instead issue an announcement or warning via ingame mail about taking money from gold sellers?
It seems to me that they have an automated system in place where they find the seller on the hacked or own account, and anyone who has traded via ingame mail with them then gets banned which isn’t right.
I could have sworn I pressed return to sender on the mail with 1 copper, but now I’m paranoid that I didn’t…. I missed the bloody halloween event for 1 copper =( Not to mention the 120 quid spent on the collectors edition… I feel so cheated…

Waiting since saturday morning for a ticket reply. Willing to wait for a full reply before I write a strongly worded letter. Oh yeah, I’m totally British.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
[EXE] Piken Square EU

Posted by: Mexay.4521

Mexay.4521

The 1 copper thing? I think that is what has happened to me.

What annoys me is that ANet say they look at each and every case of permanent banning very closely, but if they are seeing people are getting tricked into taking a copper from the mail surely they wouldn’t ban them, but instead issue an announcement or warning via ingame mail about taking money from gold sellers?
It seems to me that they have an automated system in place where they find the seller on the hacked or own account, and anyone who has traded via ingame mail with them then gets banned which isn’t right.
I could have sworn I pressed return to sender on the mail with 1 copper, but now I’m paranoid that I didn’t…. I missed the bloody halloween event for 1 copper =( Not to mention the 120 quid spent on the collectors edition… I feel so cheated…

Waiting since saturday morning for a ticket reply. Willing to wait for a full reply before I write a strongly worded letter. Oh yeah, I’m totally British.

Could be what triggered it.

I’m assuming it works on a flag based system. Your account will be “flagged” for doing a certain thing. I.e. Attempting to open GW2.exe via something else or accepting any item from a compromised account. These would set up an Automation flag and a Gold Buying/Selling/Trading/RMT flag. My guess is that someone felt lazy one day and just clicked “ban” or whatever the equivalent is without actually looking at it.

So whether it’s 1c, 1g or 100g, it would flag your account for investigation. Who knows, maybe there was a bug and it didn’t send the correct information and it appeared as 1000000g? Though, based on what is STILL being advertised in game by Gold Sellers (funny that?) that would be ridiculous sums of money and I doubt that much even exists in game yet. Similarly, if the account is being flagged and it’s showing as 1c AND we’re being banned for it, that would be a ridiculously SMALL amount of money. (based on what is currently being said in LA that would be like .0015 cents)

Why are legitimate players being banned and yet gold sellers aren’t?

Mexay Lathyre – Level 80 Warrior Greatsword/Longbow

Still waiting on Customer Support. #121025-001252

getzzzonked.7609

I’m assuming it works on a flag based system. Your account will be “flagged” for doing a certain thing. I.e. Attempting to open GW2.exe via something else or accepting any item from a compromised account. These would set up an Automation flag and a Gold Buying/Selling/Trading/RMT flag. My guess is that someone felt lazy one day and just clicked “ban” or whatever the equivalent is without actually looking at it.

So whether it’s 1c, 1g or 100g, it would flag your account for investigation. Who knows, maybe there was a bug and it didn’t send the correct information and it appeared as 1000000g? Though, based on what is STILL being advertised in game by Gold Sellers (funny that?) that would be ridiculous sums of money and I doubt that much even exists in game yet. Similarly, if the account is being flagged and it’s showing as 1c AND we’re being banned for it, that would be a ridiculously SMALL amount of money. (based on what is currently being said in LA that would be like .0015 cents)

Just feel cheated. I don’t hack, or piss about with the game or third part stuff or anything. Yet here I am locked out of the game that I love. It’s just not right, ya know?

Either some jobsworth at support has just walloped me with the ban hammer without properly looking, in which case /rage, or the system is flawed and it hasn’t been admitted by ANet, whih is also pretty annoying.

And the lack of posts on this thread, and especially the 3 day review thread at the moment is just scary. People waiting 10 days?! I don’t think I’ll be able to wait that long before I have to write a strongly worded letter to ANet offices. Cos it’s just not write.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
[EXE] Piken Square EU

Mexay.4521

Just feel cheated. I don’t hack, or piss about with the game or third part stuff or anything. Yet here I am locked out of the game that I love. It’s just not right, ya know?

Either some jobsworth at support has just walloped me with the ban hammer without properly looking, in which case /rage, or the system is flawed and it hasn’t been admitted by ANet, whih is also pretty annoying.

And the lack of posts on this thread, and especially the 3 day review thread at the moment is just scary. People waiting 10 days?! I don’t think I’ll be able to wait that long before I have to write a strongly worded letter to ANet offices. Cos it’s just not write.

I totally agree with you and feel exactly the same. It’s understandable that mistakes and such happen, but it feels like we’re almost being ignored. Tomorrow will be my fifth day of waiting. The worst thing is that we wont receive compensation or any real form of apology.

I understand that some people here have actually done something wrong, but there are a fair amount of us that have been legitimately banned. They’ve said that there is 24/7/365 support, but I find that hard to believe. That or I’m being ignored.

I just want to play the game that I love, I haven’t done anything to warrant this treatment and nor have most people here. It’s disrespectful to customers.

If they had telephone support, this would have taken 5 – 10 minutes tops to sort out.

getzzzonked.7609

I totally agree with you and feel exactly the same. It’s understandable that mistakes and such happen, but it feels like we’re almost being ignored. Tomorrow will be my fifth day of waiting. The worst thing is that we wont receive compensation or any real form of apology.

I understand that some people here have actually done something wrong, but there are a fair amount of us that have been legitimately banned. They’ve said that there is 24/7/365 support, but I find that hard to believe. That or I’m being ignored.

I just want to play the game that I love, I haven’t done anything to warrant this treatment and nor have most people here. It’s disrespectful to customers.

If they had telephone support, this would have taken 5 – 10 minutes tops to sort out.

That’s it though. Unfortunately ANet is a small company who run a free to play game. They aren’t in the league of, lets say, Blizzard, whose customer service systems are huge and very well thought out. ANet do not have the resources to offer a system like that, and I get that. I don’t expect to be able to phone up, get my call answered within 30 seconds on ringing, and sort everything out. In that sense I’m not being unreasonable.

I am perhaps being unreasonable expecting a response by now. Unlike yourself, I have been waiting only 2 and a half days for a reply to my ticket. But I am worried (and rightfully so) when I see people who have been waiting 5, 7, even 10 days for a reply. And people who have got replies that have been standardised messages just telling them that they have done wrong.

That is worrying me greatly, because despite what people on these forums are saying about ANet ‘not caring about their customers’ and such, they are dead wrong. ANet are an excellent company, and they have set up some excellent tools for talking to their customers, such as the forums and their social media use. But the support system? This is abysmal.

Players are being ignored, and ANet are either ignoring their complaints about such mistreatment, or they are in denial that their system is not working. Or, possibly, they are in the process of fixing this issue and trying to correct it. But normally, if they were doing such a thing, they would let the community know with a simple forum post or announcement. This is unlike them.

I know some people here are guilty, and have kittened up, or broken the rules. But I am not. A little communication here would go a long way.

[EXE] Piken Square EU

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

The “attach one copper” thing has been going on for weeks, it’s a trick to get you to read the email because you can’t delete an email with attachments.

It’s already a known issue and accepting a single copper will NOT get your account banned, everyone who has played the game for more than a few hours has gotten multiple emails like this and there is no wave of 500,000 account bans for accepting coppers from RMTs.

I have personally gotten dozens of emails like this over a number of weeks and simply accept the “gift” copper and report/delete the email. Nothing has happened to me as a result. Something else is going on, and posting this kind of thing doesn’t help it only spreads panic among people who are already confused and don’t know any better.

If there is something going on that caused your account to appear to have been doing something shady, collect all the info that proves ownership of the account, cooperate fully with the investigation, and eventually it will be sorted out. They have been banning bots by the thousands and many of the humans behind these accounts are flooding the system with protests of innocence to delay the system and hope that overworked and inattentive staff will reverse the bans without looking too closely at the issue.

Unfortunately because of this the occasional innocent who got caught up in the bans somehow will have to wait longer because those who were rightfully banned are clogging up the system.

As a general rule, do not ever have any kind of contact with bots or gold scammers. Do not follow the bots or engage in behavior that mimics them, do not reply to emails from scammers or go to their websites. Just report them and move on.

getzzzonked.7609

The “attach one copper” thing has been going on for weeks, it’s a trick to get you to read the email because you can’t delete an email with attachments.

It’s already a known issue and accepting a single copper will NOT get your account banned, everyone who has played the game for more than a few hours has gotten multiple emails like this and there is no wave of 500,000 account bans for accepting coppers from RMTs.

I have personally gotten dozens of emails like this over a number of weeks and simply accept the “gift” copper and report/delete the email. Nothing has happened to me as a result. Something else is going on, and posting this kind of thing doesn’t help it only spreads panic among people who are already confused and don’t know any better.

If there is something going on that caused your account to appear to have been doing something shady, collect all the info that proves ownership of the account, cooperate fully with the investigation, and eventually it will be sorted out. They have been banning bots by the thousands and many of the humans behind these accounts are flooding the system with protests of innocence to delay the system and hope that overworked and inattentive staff will reverse the bans without looking too closely at the issue.

Unfortunately because of this the occasional innocent who got caught up in the bans somehow will have to wait longer because those who were rightfully banned are clogging up the system.

As a general rule, do not ever have any kind of contact with bots or gold scammers. Do not follow the bots or engage in behavior that mimics them, do not reply to emails from scammers or go to their websites. Just report them and move on.

Firstly, if I haven’t been banned for the 1 copper thing then I’m lost. Also, ‘everyone who has played the game for more than a few hours has got multiple emails like this’ is completely incorrect and over-exaggerated, as I have played at least 4 days of the week on evenings a weekends since the day of pre purchase began, and these were the first emails of this sort I had ever got. I don’t visit LA much, which might be why I have only just got them.

Like I said, if it isn’t the one copper thing, then I haven’t got a clue what I have done. Unless I have been hacked and something has been done on my account between me logging off the night before and logging in the next day. I doubt this is the case though, as I use the mobile authenticator.

So if it isn’t the 1 copper thing, I have banned for no reason known to me.

What you have said about the cooperating with the investigation, I have provided everything they have asked for and more. I have been polite, and I am currently being patient.

And the part about the botters, this makes a lot of sense, and frustrates me thoroughly. /rage

[EXE] Piken Square EU

Mexay.4521

I was merely theorizing what might have triggered the account ban “flag”

It could be something else, perhaps replying to them and tell them to get kitten-catted.

Seriously though, seeing as ArenaNet wont tell us what’s going on, if I were to say “A visiting monkey was allowed to touch one of the computers and then he accidentally banned several accounts” it would be as likely as anything else. We simply don’t know.

Once I get my account back (which I will, knowing this has been a mistake), I will make a point of finding out how exactly this happened and I have the intention of letting others that are waiting know. Hopefully this kind of thing wont happen again.

getzzzonked.7609

I was merely theorizing what might have triggered the account ban “flag”

It could be something else, perhaps replying to them and tell them to get kitten-catted.

Seriously though, seeing as ArenaNet wont tell us what’s going on, if I were to say “A visiting monkey was allowed to touch one of the computers and then he accidentally banned several accounts” it would be as likely as anything else. We simply don’t know.

Once I get my account back (which I will, knowing this has been a mistake), I will make a point of finding out how exactly this happened and I have the intention of letting others that are waiting know. Hopefully this kind of thing wont happen again.

I wil also do everything I can to help keep the rest of the community informed. So many of us seem to have been banned for something we can’t think that we may have done wrong. Whether this is a ban in the system, or a pissed off support worker, whatever, the community deserve to know.

[EXE] Piken Square EU

Posted by: Aretak.3826

Aretak.3826

The fact that they’re not telling us what caused the false triggers is really very annoying, and that they tried to brush off a lot of the outcry on butthurt actual offenders is quite cheap. Personally I’ve never engaged in any behaviour that can be deemed suspicious beyond accidentally accepting the 1 copper from the gold seller mails, but I have friends who’ve done the same and haven’t been banned. No idea what’s going on or what’s taking so long.

tolunart.2095

I apologize for the hyperbole. The one-copper thing has been going on for weeks and I’ve gotten dozens of the emails. But I play a few hours every day except during work days and perhaps more casual players are not exposed to the scammers as often.

I’ve seen theads about the issue, including posts from someone – I think Gaile Gray – that states that they know about this and do not ban for accepting a single coin.

However, I do not work for Arenanet and do not know the specific details of what is going on. I suspect that some of the people posting are not telling the entire truth about their situation, and are trying to confuse the issue by protesting false innocence. Others may have unintentionally engaged in behavior that led to the ban, such as using third party software that they successfully used with other MMOs and either think that Arenanet cannot detect the software or that it shouldn’t cause a problem.

Anyway, as frustrating as it is, Arenanet employees are not going to reverse a ban without a careful review of the situation because to do otherwise would only undermine ongoing efforts to control botting and cheating issues. And the sheer volume of bans that are beginning to take place will cause delays in this system.

getzzzonked.7609

I apologize for the hyperbole. The one-copper thing has been going on for weeks and I’ve gotten dozens of the emails. But I play a few hours every day except during work days and perhaps more casual players are not exposed to the scammers as often.

I’ve seen theads about the issue, including posts from someone – I think Gaile Gray – that states that they know about this and do not ban for accepting a single coin.

However, I do not work for Arenanet and do not know the specific details of what is going on. I suspect that some of the people posting are not telling the entire truth about their situation, and are trying to confuse the issue by protesting false innocence. Others may have unintentionally engaged in behavior that led to the ban, such as using third party software that they successfully used with other MMOs and either think that Arenanet cannot detect the software or that it shouldn’t cause a problem.

Anyway, as frustrating as it is, Arenanet employees are not going to reverse a ban without a careful review of the situation because to do otherwise would only undermine ongoing efforts to control botting and cheating issues. And the sheer volume of bans that are beginning to take place will cause delays in this system.

Yeah, I do get that, but lets just say for arguments sake that I am completely innocent of any wrong doing, and I am just a blip in the system. I wouldn’t be in this situation had the reason for banning me been looked at in greater detail, as Gaile has posted on the forums. She has said that each case is looked at closely, but if you were in my shoes, I don’t think you’d believe that either. it upsets me that I am in some respects being treated like a criminal when I am completely innocent. This whole situation just feels so wrong >.<

[EXE] Piken Square EU

tolunart.2095

The fact that they’re not telling us what caused the false triggers is really very annoying, and that they tried to brush off a lot of the outcry on butthurt actual offenders is quite cheap. Personally I’ve never engaged in any behaviour that can be deemed suspicious beyond accidentally accepting the 1 copper from the gold seller mails, but I have friends who’ve done the same and haven’t been banned. No idea what’s going on or what’s taking so long.

Like I said, the system is delayed because they have begun mass bans of actual botters and RMTs who delay the system by trying to slip through the cracks and get unbanned.

I remember watching a cop show where they were discussing a program that tested prisoners’ DNA in an effort to free those who were wrongfully convicted. A significant percentage of people tested were actually proven guilty this way, and someone asked why would a guilty man submit to the test? Because they can, and because if someone makes a mistake they could be set free, however small a chance it’s still a chance. And because they want to mess with the system in any way they can, they’re already in jail so there are no negative consequences to doing so.

Arenanet staff are not going to discuss operational procedures in public, because knowing how the system works provides the scammers with information that helps them work the system to their advantage.

tolunart.2095

Yeah, I do get that, but lets just say for arguments sake that I am completely innocent of any wrong doing, and I am just a blip in the system. I wouldn’t be in this situation had the reason for banning me been looked at in greater detail, as Gaile has posted on the forums. She has said that each case is looked at closely, but if you were in my shoes, I don’t think you’d believe that either. it upsets me that I am in some respects being treated like a criminal when I am completely innocent. This whole situation just feels so wrong >.<

I have been in your situation, and worse. Not long ago I was suspended from my job for two weeks and nearly fired over things that I didn’t do. My supervisor had made mistaken assumptions about me and issued disciplinary actions that were overturned upon review, and in the meantime there as an incident that, while innocent of wrongdoing, had the appearance of a serious breach of company policy. When given a chance to explain myself the matter was dropped, but the office director said that she was prepared to fire me if the allegations had turned out to be true.

There are things you can do that, while innocent of wrongdoing, can appear to be against the rules. Not every situation is successfully resolved, but the majority of times when given a chance to explain what is happening the truth will come out.

getzzzonked.7609

Well I’m happy to hear that you got everything sorted IRL.

I feel cheated, and I am upset by the fact that I could be waiting a week or more to be told that it was a mistake, and I can play now, having missed halloween and been scared that I may have kittened up and been banned and lost my account.
Or worse, that they deem me guilty, and won’t give me my account back. OR even worse, that they might refuse to tell me what it is that I have done wrong! That would tear me up inside.

[EXE] Piken Square EU

MIZERI.3867

I feel cheated, and I am upset by the fact that I could be waiting a week or more to be told that it was a mistake, and I can play now, having missed halloween and been scared that I may have kittened up and been banned and lost my account.
Or worse, that they deem me guilty, and won’t give me my account back. OR even worse, that they might refuse to tell me what it is that I have done wrong! That would tear me up inside.

I feel u man, i Got banned Sunday at noonish and i totally understand ppl have been banned longer for nothing just like me but i feel like since its Monday now we all should be getting some kind of response or SOMETHING!

well.. Off to work for the week with no enjoyable memories of my weekend Halloween gaming cause i didn’t get a chance!!

Mexay.4521

I understand what you’re saying and whole heartedly agree, though there is of course many of us who have been wrongfully banned. Were it not the case, I honestly wouldn’t be wasting my time posting here, I’d be out getting drunk (woo!) and sleeping with beautiful women (haha, yeah right.)

But seriously though, ArenaNet did mess up the other week and I’m of the opinion that there was still something wrong with the system or someone has just been really lazy. It happens. The software goes through potentially hundreds and thousands of things per day and so do employees, what’s to say that the software or someone messes up or that it’s 5 o’clock and someone just wants to go home and they’re at the least 50 or so reports for the day and they just go “screw it” and ban them all, because that’s easier. It HAPPENS. I’m not exactly targeting any ArenaNet employee, but I honestly wouldn’t be surprised. Maybe I was meant to only receive a 72 hour ban for getting mad at someone and insulting them (Don’t lie. You all do it) and they accidentally made it a permanent one? Maybe when people were talking about Reddit and I said “Reddit is rubbish” someone reported me and it so happened to be an angry redditor who was viewing it? Who knows?

I’m just saying mess ups happen, like in my case and assuming their innocence (innocent until proven guilty, I say) everyone else’s.

If anyone reading this gets there account unbanned or something, would you mind posting? I’d like to have some hope.

Calico.7920

Thanks Tolunart because of you i am feeling less stressed about my Ban and have more hope that it will be ok (have all the paperwork to prove its my account)
And if its true that it isnt the copper thing, than the only reason i can think of is a hack.
I had some log-in attempts from other places that i didnt live in, and i know for sure that i disconected the authenticator the day that i got the ban.
I disconected it cause i had a conection error wen trying to go into the 2 new pvp zones in the mad king realm.
And i had a conection problem at start of the event, disconection because of the authenticator.
And they advised at the time to disconect it from you account.
So i tried swithing that of that night to test it out if it also was that problem, and seems i forgot to turn it on wen i went to bed.
Nexst day.. i had the ban wen trying to log in
Sorry if that disconecting the authenticator sounds noobies, but i know how to play games on my pc …and thats it, and i thought that those 2 problems were conected :P

But lets hope that the legit complainers have a chance to make a case. and get there accounts back.

(edited by Calico.7920)

getzzzonked.7609

I understand what you’re saying and whole heartedly agree, though there is of course many of us who have been wrongfully banned. Were it not the case, I honestly wouldn’t be wasting my time posting here, I’d be out getting drunk (woo!) and sleeping with beautiful women (haha, yeah right.)

But seriously though, ArenaNet did mess up the other week and I’m of the opinion that there was still something wrong with the system or someone has just been really lazy. It happens. The software goes through potentially hundreds and thousands of things per day and so do employees, what’s to say that the software or someone messes up or that it’s 5 o’clock and someone just wants to go home and they’re at the least 50 or so reports for the day and they just go “screw it” and ban them all, because that’s easier. It HAPPENS. I’m not exactly targeting any ArenaNet employee, but I honestly wouldn’t be surprised. Maybe I was meant to only receive a 72 hour ban for getting mad at someone and insulting them (Don’t lie. You all do it) and they accidentally made it a permanent one? Maybe when people were talking about Reddit and I said “Reddit is rubbish” someone reported me and it so happened to be an angry redditor who was viewing it? Who knows?

I’m just saying mess ups happen, like in my case and assuming their innocence (innocent until proven guilty, I say) everyone else’s.

If anyone reading this gets there account unbanned or something, would you mind posting? I’d like to have some hope.

I’ve been going through all the things in my mind like that. What if I insulted someone, or swore, but then my error message tells me my account has been terminated because I have been real money trading. And the fact of it is, I haven’t. At all xD

[EXE] Piken Square EU

tolunart.2095

I’ve been going through all the things in my mind like that. What if I insulted someone, or swore, but then my error message tells me my account has been terminated because I have been real money trading. And the fact of it is, I haven’t. At all xD

The actual message that I’ve seen in screenshots is a little vague. I think it says something about “assisting” with RMT activities, which could mean a lot of things.

For example, I would imagine that they don’t actually read the text of messages sent between players, but have a record of attachments and sender/recipients available. It’s a bad idea to respond to gold seller emails, because it would look suspicious if there are several emails between yourself and known gold sellers, potentially even several replies if the gs emails you back.

As satisfying as it must be to tell these people where to put their kittens, you don’t want your username coming up in an investigation linked with several scammers via email. Even sending items or money to friends/guildies in game who are actually selling gold or engaging in other RMT activities like negotiating with a gold seller could raise suspicion, especially if you have also emailed the seller.

Botting, setting up macros that continue “farming” while you are AFK and following bots and participating in their activities could also raise suspicions. I’m sure most people posting here don’t engage in such activities, but I’ve heard that there are gamer-focused products like programmable keyboards that some companies allow and others do not. To be on the safe side assume that anything that goes beyond “one key pressed = one action” to be considered botting by Arenanet. And because bots are known to be a major source of gold for RMTs, anything that is considered botting is also linked to RMT activity.

People have been yelling at Arenanet since the game opened to “do something” about the bots. Engaging in any activity that links you to botting is likely to get your account banned until you prove that you were present at the keyboard.

So, until things get sorted out with the game, do not engage in any activity related to RMTs or bots, including following, harassing, or contacting them. Do not use any outside software or hardware to modify the game or how you play it. Be careful about whom you associate with, and make sure your behavior in the game is open and honorable.

Mistakes happen, but getting angry and impatient is only going to hurt you in the long run.

tolunart.2095

“If anyone reading this gets there account unbanned or something, would you mind posting? I’d like to have some hope.”

Another user posted in a thread on Friday:

“It took a while and wish I knew why my account was blocked, but thank you!”

getzzzonked.7609

The actual message that I’ve seen in screenshots is a little vague. I think it says something about “assisting” with RMT activities, which could mean a lot of things.

For example, I would imagine that they don’t actually read the text of messages sent between players, but have a record of attachments and sender/recipients available. It’s a bad idea to respond to gold seller emails, because it would look suspicious if there are several emails between yourself and known gold sellers, potentially even several replies if the gs emails you back.

As satisfying as it must be to tell these people where to put their kittens, you don’t want your username coming up in an investigation linked with several scammers via email. Even sending items or money to friends/guildies in game who are actually selling gold or engaging in other RMT activities like negotiating with a gold seller could raise suspicion, especially if you have also emailed the seller.

Botting, setting up macros that continue “farming” while you are AFK and following bots and participating in their activities could also raise suspicions. I’m sure most people posting here don’t engage in such activities, but I’ve heard that there are gamer-focused products like programmable keyboards that some companies allow and others do not. To be on the safe side assume that anything that goes beyond “one key pressed = one action” to be considered botting by Arenanet. And because bots are known to be a major source of gold for RMTs, anything that is considered botting is also linked to RMT activity.

People have been yelling at Arenanet since the game opened to “do something” about the bots. Engaging in any activity that links you to botting is likely to get your account banned until you prove that you were present at the keyboard.

So, until things get sorted out with the game, do not engage in any activity related to RMTs or bots, including following, harassing, or contacting them. Do not use any outside software or hardware to modify the game or how you play it. Be careful about whom you associate with, and make sure your behavior in the game is open and honorable.

Mistakes happen, but getting angry and impatient is only going to hurt you in the long run.

Well, I am quite honourable in game I feel. I like to help people, and I’m not exceptional enough at the game to rage if someone did something wrong or anything like that. And as far as botting goes, I definitely have had nothing to do with any of that.

The one thing that has made my ears prick up though is what you’ve said about recieving mail from friends or guildies. A friend of mine started playing the game at release but fell out of love with it, and stopped playing. At the start of the game, if one of us found an item that would be useful to the others character, we would mail it.

When I opened my mail the day before I got banned, I was told my mailbox was full. I deleted the 5 gold spamming ones (the only gold spam I have had since release), and then looked further down the list and found some old items that he had sent me. I took them, and salvaged them. Now I am almost certain he has not been hacked, and he isn’t a hacker or anything like that. Just a regular joe who likes video games. He stopped playing the game because he didn’t like the non-linear end game GW2 offered, and for no other reason.

I think I will phone him, to see if his account is still active. He didn’t use any authentication software, and is his account has been hacked, that is something that could give legitimate reason to my banning on the side of ANet. Although the ingame mail was dated from probably a month or more ago, if his account has been compromised that would explain ANets reasons.

Thanks Tolunart. Gonna give him a bell. Looks like there may be some method in this madness.

[EXE] Piken Square EU

Calico.7920

“Botting, setting up macros that continue “farming” while you are AFK and following bots and participating in their activities could also raise suspicions. I’m sure most people posting here don’t engage in such activities, but I’ve heard that there are gamer-focused products like programmable keyboards that some companies allow and others do not. To be on the safe side assume that anything that goes beyond “one key pressed = one action” to be considered botting by Arenanet. And because bots are known to be a major source of gold for RMTs, anything that is considered botting is also linked to RMT activity”

also linked to RMT activity

I dont hope that mey keybord (logitech G19) and my mouse (logitech G700) are the problem.
They even support these keybords cause i have a GW2 screen display in my little lcd screen.
True …the keybord and mouse has macro functions, but i never used them for that, i only use them as extra keybind points(im a keybind player instead of a clicker)
So that my pinky uses buttons that normaly are out of reach for me like the 6 to 0 buttons
Im to stupid to use macro’s , i even dont know how to set up those.

(edited by Calico.7920)

tolunart.2095

Well, I don’t know the exact methods they use to investigate claims or wrongdoing, but I also don’t buy into conspiracy theories. Things like “they just pick random customers to ban because they already have your money and don’t care what you think.” Any company is going to investigate claims of wrong doing and will make an effort to correct their mistakes when found. A single disgruntled customer can cost them dozens of future sales, it’s not something a company can ignore if they want to be around a while.

I know that there are things people do that toe the line, and sometimes cross over. Most of the time you won’t get caught, or if you do it’s not severe enough that you’ll be banned. But they are starting to implement strong anti-botting measures and it will surely end up catching a few dolphins in the tuna nets.

getzzzonked.7609

“Botting, setting up macros that continue “farming” while you are AFK and following bots and participating in their activities could also raise suspicions. I’m sure most people posting here don’t engage in such activities, but I’ve heard that there are gamer-focused products like programmable keyboards that some companies allow and others do not. To be on the safe side assume that anything that goes beyond “one key pressed = one action” to be considered botting by Arenanet. And because bots are known to be a major source of gold for RMTs, anything that is considered botting is also linked to RMT activity”

also linked to RMT activity

I dont hope that mey keybord (logitech G19) and my mouse (logitech G700) are the problem.
They even support these keybords cause i have a GW2 screen display in my little lcd screen.
True …the keybord and mouse has macro functions, but i never used them for that, i only use them as extra keybind points(im a keybind player instead of a clicker)
So that my pinky uses buttons that normaly are out of reach for me like the 6 to 0 buttons
Im to stupid to use macro’s , i even dont know how to set up those.

Me too. I have a microsoft sidewinder mouse and G15 keyboard. The mouse was on special and the keyboard lights up. Also, the keys are big, and I have big hands. I can’t imagine the problem being my peripherals somehow.

[EXE] Piken Square EU

Mexay.4521

Any abuse or harassment is a 72-hour ban.

And my message tells me nothing, just “lol. you bad. ty for money. lolololololololol” (not literally, but that’s how it feels)

If that’s what your message says then that’s what you’ve been banned for, not something else.

getzzzonked.7609

So yeah, my conclusion at this time is I have either been hacked, or the friend I received mail from has had his account compromised. Thats all I can come up with.

[EXE] Piken Square EU

Calico.7920

Im in the same boat as you getzzzonked, im trying to find out what happend.
And atm i have allot of things in my mind that could be the problem.
Almost at a point that i want to put a tinfoil hat on my head :P
But maybe we must use Occam’s razor instead, and just say i have been hacked then thinking like “what did i wrong to get this”

getzzzonked.7609

Im in the same boat as you getzzzonked, im trying to find out what happend.
And atm i have allot of things in my mind that could be the problem.
Almost at a point that i want to put a tinfoil hat on my head :P
But maybe we must use Occam’s razor instead, and just say i have been hacked then thinking like “what did i wrong to get this”

By reading the forums, and with the help of Mexay and Tolunart I have managed to shrink my list down to those two options, hacked or friend hack and me associating myself with him through ingame mail.

Might be a good idea for you to do the same, help clear your head

[EXE] Piken Square EU

Calico.7920

hope so.. cause i started the 10th this month with the game and my friend list isnt that big at this time.. just joined a guild (pretty big one) but the only trade i had with those were the dye’s that you dont wanted or already got.
Or one of them is been hacked…. pfff i need to stop thinking like that.
Maybe better if i start playing Xcom in the ,mean time instead of looking at the forum evry 5 min.
But thx for the advise Getzzzonked ^^

getzzzonked.7609

No problem Calico As long as your ticket has all the info in it that they need and you help them as best you can when they contact you all should be well in the end

[EXE] Piken Square EU

TheSaint.8072

After reading I have updated my ticket: 121028-001299
with more information to help. Still waiting.

MIZERI.3867

Because of the crazy storm headed towards me here in Washington D.C. im off work today…. but the only problem is, i Still haven’t gotten a response about my account being visibly Hacked and robbed by some random Chinese guy and then banned by the company (Anet) that is supposed to be standing up for me as a gamer…

Im sure whoever runs the servers can visibly see someone logging into someone else’s account repeatedly from sketchy ip addresses… but they ban me because they claim that i "Sold or assisted in selling GOLD? instead of issuing me a new password or something or even new user name all together…..

Anet is going around Shooting first and ask questions later….. :-( that’s how innocent ppl get hurt and it NEVER isolates the problem.. just makes things much worse….

Help me get my gamming on Anet,….I have a lil bit of faith left in Anet that says we can get this thing handled soon.. but from reading others posts and topics some have been hacked an banned going on 6 to 10 days now, with NO RESPONSE from Anet other than the 2 to 3 Lame automated messages, such as this one (Most recent i’ve recieved)

" Subject : Access Lost, Discussion Thread, Response Via Email from [GM] Luna @ 10/28/2012 03:05 PM, Message: Hello MIZERI, I am transferring your ticket to the Guild Wars Violations Appeals Team to further assist you. Someone will be in contact with you as soon as possible. Regards, [GM] Luna, Guild Wars Support Team……"

Yeahh….. ok….. righht… uhhhuuhh….what a Buncha bull!
Who’s dealing with a similar situation?
121028-002193