Blocked/Suspended/Terminated -- Player Comments

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Rachiia.6045

Rachiia.6045

But I personally don’t hang out in bot zones because their insect-like behavior drives me nuts.

So you just hang out in LA and the cities??

Bots are everywhere, Gaile. They’re particular bad in the Cursed Shores, but I’ve seen bots running in just about every zone of the game.

You’re essentially saying you don’t play in the Cursed Shores, at all. You can’t go anywhere in the Cursed Shores without at least a half dozen bots running around.

(edited by Rachiia.6045)

Posted by: Bovinity.8610

Bovinity.8610

“Bot zones”

That’s a good one. The only way to not be in one would be to purposefully avoid events altogether.

Any sufficiently advanced skill is indistinguishable from luck.

Posted by: Pboogie.7418

Pboogie.7418

I try to log on today I notice I have new error It said “we have detected your account may have been accessed by an unaurhorized individual, for your security further access to the account has been suspended until this matter can be resolved. to restore access to this account. please contact support and one of our represenative will assist you” Should I make a new ticket because the old one it said i got terminated for botting here my ticket number 121107-000557

I have read about this happening to people who are having their incorrect bans reviewed, and soon after this happening they get back in game. I hope for you that this is the case.

Thanks

Posted by: Treplos.5182

Treplos.5182

Can an Admin / ANET Rep please help clarify this?!

Over 24 hours ago I was falsely banned for botting, and I immediately filed a support ticket. I have no clue why I would be a suspect in the first place, since I do not use any external programs (other than Smoothping to lower the high ping in game as I live overseas). I also play casually for a few hours everyday with a few friends, and barely have 3g as it is -.-

But, I am very concerned: my support ticket for the wrong ban now says “hacked account” and when I try to log into the game I get an error that:
“We have detected that your account may have been accessed by an unauthorized individual…”

I did not get any notice to my email, and I recently added Mobile Authenticator, so I don’t see how my account could be hacked. I also checked my account on GW2 website and the only IP login attempts are my own.

I tested with the help of my guild mates (over TS) and I discovered that every time I attempt to log in (and get stuck at the “unauthorized access” error) my name seems to appear in the game briefly but is grayed-out (as far as they can see).

I am almost sure that my account is not hacked. I am at a loss as to what is going on though.
I am still waiting for my account to be reinstated, but any clarification would be appreciated in the mean time.

PS: ref 121107-002323

(edited by Treplos.5182)

Posted by: Ephemeris.6831

Ephemeris.6831

But I personally don’t hang out in bot zones because their insect-like behavior drives me nuts.

Bots are everywhere, Gaile. They’re particular bad in the Cursed Shores, but I’ve seen bots running in just about every zone of the game.

You’re essentially saying you don’t play in the Cursed Shores, at all. You can’t go anywhere in the Cursed Shores without at least a half dozen bots running around.

I’m pretty sure she was just giving her personal opinion on the matter. I don’t think it’s a part of her job to ban accounts, just give us support and information after something happens. No need to flame her

Quaggan’s a piwate. YAAAAAAAARR!!!

Posted by: Janks.9356

Janks.9356

@ShiningSquirrel. I would give as much information as possible but I can’t. I just did play the game and did force me to bring up my mesmer as soon as possible on lvl 80 because I got boring of my warrior. So I just did play the game and maybe the only mistake I did was not to watch other players if they could be maybe a bot. I mean I was just playing the game itself and usually I only group up with my partner. So I still don’t know what I could be did wrong that my account is now terminated. The account of my partner is still open btw.

Rachiia.6045

I’m pretty sure she was just giving her personal opinion on the matter. I don’t think it’s a part of her job to ban accounts, just give us support and information after something happens. No need to flame her

Not flaming her and sorry if it sounds like that. But saying she personally doesn’t hang out in bot zones isn’t helpful. A lot of us feel we’ve been caught up in this ban, simply because we’re in the same zone as bots.

She also mentioned that she doesn’t accept random group invites. I happen to think it’s sociable – kinda the point of MMOs – to accept group invites.

The point is I’m not playing this game thinking I should alter my behavior and gameplay because it might get me flagged as a bot. But guess what? If I do get reinstated, I’ll probably stay away from the Cursed Shores except to run Arah and I’ll be more cautious about accepting group invites.

(edited by Rachiia.6045)

Posted by: Faleksan.7192

Faleksan.7192

Anyone know how long these things usually take? I’ve been waiting patiently for almost 2 days now, not a word.

Posted by: zBluRrYz.1347

zBluRrYz.1347

Gaile, may i ask you a question. When i was banned by your team for botting (Which i wasn’t), you say they check and make sure that the ban is needed and that it is actually a bot. But i have a hard time believing that. When i was banned it was after i had logged off after a night of farming, while farming i was actively talking to friends in party chat, pinging the rares i found, salvaging those rares as i found them, and talking in map chat. I’d think that they would look for a run pattern and a skill pattern as well, which i don’t follow cause im honestly a very sporadic player. So i’m just wondering, how can the mistake be made like this. In this situation i’d like you to give me the benefit of the doubt and answer my question. Thank you Gaile. Good work for the most part on this game.

Legends Never [DIE].
B L U R R Y. Thiefy Thief Thief

Posted by: Ruith.5861

Ruith.5861

This is very concerning, and just adds to the insult you have already received.

Posted by: Chippalrus.5437

Chippalrus.5437

Well, if this topic wasn’t here I wouldn’t be posting in it since I cannot play at the moment. I’m waiting patiently and hoping it’ll get resolved soon for me. I even talked in chat saying “brb” to my party as I went to get a drink right before I was kicked off and banned.

Posted by: Ashlar.2519

Ashlar.2519

I know it must be very frustrating to be banned from playing the game when you do not feel you have done anything to deserve that ban. The only thing you can do at this point is to submit a ticket on the issue and wait for the Support Team to get back to you. They are working through the tickets as quickly as possible, though it may take some time before they reach your ticket as they work through them first-come-first-served.

As we all know, there is a problem with bots in the game. It very well may be possible that your account has been accessed by others at times when you were not actively logged in, and used that account for bot farming. You may not have seen any evidence of this if they did not take any gold or items from your bank. ArenaNet have the logs to be able to identify this activity, and would have shut down the account in order to stop the bots. They will work with you to reinstate your account if there is also evidence that the account was not entirely under your control.

It also seems that there were a lot of players that purchased their copies of the game from a third-party supplier – someone who was not on ArenaNet’s official supplier list. In some of these cases, it looks like the supplier you went to, or maybe who they went to, has used a fraudulent means of obtaining the copies. The copies were purchased via stolen credit cards or chargebacks of the purchase were processed. In these cases, you the player are caught in the middle. Since ArenaNet have ultimately not been paid, they have closed the account. Again, ArenaNet will work with you to reinstate your account using a new serial code.

I know it’s frustrating, by do try to be patient. The Support Team is working as hard as they can to get through the list of tickets, and they WILL get to you. This may also be a good time to ensure that your machines are free from viruses, malware and any potential keyloggers that might causes issues in the future. If you are unsure of how to do these scans yourself, take your machine to a reputable service technician.

Posted by: Sabastian.7126

Sabastian.7126

i don’t even know why my account is blocked. they could at least state the reason why my account is blocked

Sanctum of Rall
born Sept 20 – died Nov 11. reborn August 10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEfbwJLw04I

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

… If a bot is detected, no one looks at the party and takes out every member. Every member is detected to be a bot and then they are removed.

Having said that, I would not accept random invitations in bot hot spots, because I’m pretty sure you’re being invited to try to hide botting activity.

Are we therefore not to accept random people who ask to join our party in Dynamic Event zones? Isn’t that against the whole ethos of the community spirit?

Are we therefore not to do certain events merely because they are popular?

There is a common assumption among players that joining a party gives you better drops. I have no idea where this comes from, but I have not read anything in the User Agreement or other terms stating that joining a party is a bannable offence. Nor have I read that doing any particular Dynamic Event or killing monsters in a particular location is a bannable offence. To ban people simply because they engage in activities that also happen to be the target of bot makers is ridiculous.

It is more than clear that we are witnessing the teething problems of a bot detection system in its infancy, and many of the posters in this forum have been banned for no good reason. Some are probably real botters, but I am convinced that many are telling the truth.

Arena Net should hold up its hands and admit this mistake openly, and apologise to those innocent players affected.

i am sorry, seems i have misunderstood what Gaile was saying. English is foreign language for me. is she saying that being in the party with boters actually DOES get you baned!? if this is the case it is scandalous. must be changed immediately. not to mention i’ve been farming dungeon with guildies 80% of my time in the last few weeks. no boters in sight there, so i am wondering now, how long does it last (the bot disease i got). and was my friend who was in party with me baned cause he got boting disease from me!? is it spreading through air now?

i have no words for the outrage of this idea…

(edited by PetricaKerempuh.7958)

Posted by: BearArms.1654

BearArms.1654

Hello everyone,

This has nothing to do with botting, but I don’t feel like it deserves its own topic. I bought the game on Monday from the official site and proceeded to download it. It was done by 2 am that night and I had class the next morning so I didn’t get to play. I did get to play on Tuesday. I played for 5 to 6 hours and had a blast. I wanted to continue playing on Wednesday, but when I tried to log in I found my account had been suspended for an Account Issue and there were links to the ToS Agreement and other such texts.

I’d only played for five or six hours and I hadn’t used the chat so I didn’t think I had offended any one. But I submitted a ticket nonetheless because that is what the error suggested I do. Around 12:51 am this morning, I received an email that I was transferred to the Payment Review Team, which I thought was odd. I paid with a debit card that I’ve used on countless other sites without problem and I know I have a good deal of money on the card, so there shouldn’t be an issue there. I also bought from the official store and received an email from the site with my serial code, which I used to register and play the game. I don’t think I did anything wrong, but maybe I did.

I guess my reason for posting here is to see if anyone else has experienced this and what I should expect to happen. If it helps, my ticket number is 121108-000346.

Posted by: terminalchaos.6712

terminalchaos.6712

Hello everyone,

This has nothing to do with botting, but I don’t feel like it deserves its own topic. I bought the game on Monday from the official site and proceeded to download it. It was done by 2 am that night and I had class the next morning so I didn’t get to play. I did get to play on Tuesday. I played for 5 to 6 hours and had a blast. I wanted to continue playing on Wednesday, but when I tried to log in I found my account had been suspended for an Account Issue and there were links to the ToS Agreement and other such texts.

I’d only played for five or six hours and I hadn’t used the chat so I didn’t think I had offended any one. But I submitted a ticket nonetheless because that is what the error suggested I do. Around 12:51 am this morning, I received an email that I was transferred to the Payment Review Team, which I thought was odd. I paid with a debit card that I’ve used on countless other sites without problem and I know I have a good deal of money on the card, so there shouldn’t be an issue there. I also bought from the official store and received an email from the site with my serial code, which I used to register and play the game. I don’t think I did anything wrong, but maybe I did.

I guess my reason for posting here is to see if anyone else has experienced this and what I should expect to happen. If it helps, my ticket number is 121108-000346.

Yes my account was suspended today, I opened a case and got the same response. I purchased on 11/5…

Ashlar.2519

… If a bot is detected, no one looks at the party and takes out every member. Every member is detected to be a bot and then they are removed.

Having said that, I would not accept random invitations in bot hot spots, because I’m pretty sure you’re being invited to try to hide botting activity.

Are we therefore not to accept random people who ask to join our party in Dynamic Event zones? Isn’t that against the whole ethos of the community spirit?

There is a common assumption among players that joining a party gives you better drops. I have no idea where this comes from, but I have not read anything in the User Agreement or other terms stating that joining a party is a bannable offence. Nor have I read that doing any particular Dynamic Event or killing monsters in a particular location is a bannable offence. To ban people simply because they engage in activities that also happen to be the target of bot makers is ridiculous.

It is more than clear that we are witnessing the teething problems of a bot detection system in its infancy, and many of the posters in this forum have been banned for no good reason. Some are probably real botters, but I am convinced that many are telling the truth.

Arena Net should hold up its hands and admit this mistake openly, and apologise to those innocent players affected.

i am sorry, seems i have misunderstood what Gaile was saying. English is foreign language for me. is she saying that being in the party with boters actually DOES get you baned!? if this is the case it is scandalous. must be changed immediately. not to mention i’ve been farming dungeon with guildies 80% of my time in the last few weeks. no boters in sight there, so i am wondering now, how long does it last (the bot disease i got). and was my friend who was in party with me baned cause he got boting disease from me!? is it spreading through air now?

I would assume that if you are in a party with bots, that you will be reported by other players seeing the group and as such get caught in the net. I know when I see a group of bots running around, once I am sure that they are bots, I report each and every member of the group. However, before I begin reporting, I watch the group for a few minutes to observe behavior as well as put a post in /say that I am reporting botters and if you are not a bot to speak up now. That gives plenty of opportunity for someone actually at the keys to say something. As yet, not one single character from any group I have reported have said anything.

I am sure there are others that, when they see the group, just report all members and move on. If you want to group up with others to do the high-end zones or Dynmic Events, I would suggest grouping with people that you know – guild members or friends – rather than just blindly accepting a party invitiation from someone you don’t know. That said, should you find yourself in a group where it appears a bot is operating, I would highly suggest reporting that user as a bot as well as submitting a ticket to Support with detailed information. I won’t say that it will guarantee you don’t get suspended, as there is a chance another player seeing the group may report that group, but by filing a ticket with Support detailing the date & time, location & activity as well as names of the party members, Support can then have a look at the logs and hopefully prevent you from being suspended.

Posted by: PetricaKerempuh.7958

PetricaKerempuh.7958

I would assume that if you are in a party with bots, that you will be reported by other players seeing the group and as such get caught in the net. I know when I see a group of bots running around, once I am sure that they are bots, I report each and every member of the group. However, before I begin reporting, I watch the group for a few minutes to observe behavior as well as put a post in /say that I am reporting botters and if you are not a bot to speak up now. That gives plenty of opportunity for someone actually at the keys to say something. As yet, not one single character from any group I have reported have said anything.

I am sure there are others that, when they see the group, just report all members and move on. If you want to group up with others to do the high-end zones or Dynmic Events, I would suggest grouping with people that you know – guild members or friends – rather than just blindly accepting a party invitiation from someone you don’t know. That said, should you find yourself in a group where it appears a bot is operating, I would highly suggest reporting that user as a bot as well as submitting a ticket to Support with detailed information. I won’t say that it will guarantee you don’t get suspended, as there is a chance another player seeing the group may report that group, but by filing a ticket with Support detailing the date & time, location & activity as well as names of the party members, Support can then have a look at the logs and hopefully prevent you from being suspended.

well i would just love to see my log… anyway, thx for the company. hope i play tomorrow. hope all of you do:)

good night

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

No.

She said that no one will ban entire parties without investigating. Each player is checked out before banning. But acting like a bot, including joining parties of bots without realizing it, is suspicious behavior and some of the false positive bannings could have come from this.

But the staff doing the bot bannings do not simply go through bot-heavy areas banning everyone they see.

Posted by: Cain.9724

Cain.9724

We will investigate each issue, but I’m going to say it again: A lot of the people making a fuss in this post are botters. They are taking up valuable time trying to get a reinstatement that is not going to happen.

If you are innocent of botting the team will help you.

Are you saying that you actually looked up each account in order to make this statement or is it pure speculation on your part?

I think what really concerns many of the innocent people who were banned is the fear that even after the account team gets around to fixing us, we will be re-banned for “botting” again since we have literally no idea why we were banned to begin with. If the bans were not done via an automated system are you going to re-train or fire the employees responsible? I spend an inordinate amount of time in Cursed Shore farming for a legendary, as it’s by far the most efficient method.. should I be afraid to return? Do I need to alter my playing habits?

Caen [SM] – Thief
The ShadowMoon
Maguuma

Posted by: Circe The Immortal.8751

Circe The Immortal.8751

Reading the observations of forum members on the past few pages regarding the whole bot issue is a little unsettling. Not being one or using third party software I am both truly amazed at what they can apparently do… and the ramifications for honest players in the game. Overall, it seems a bit like trying to survive in a terrorist filled world.

I had such tremendous hopes for GW2 after learning about MMO’s by playing GW1. But now it seems I have to look at this game in a very different way than I really want to. I enjoyed meeting new people and playing in a socially new way. I enjoyed taking part in large crazy mega events with tons of action. I enjoyed asking people to party-up and being asked to join a party. I enjoyed (note continued past tense) a lot of things this marvelous ‘game’ had to offer. I enjoyed… the fun!

Now, moving forward (he says optimistically ;-) ) I may have to stay away from playing potentially dangerous areas… question the integrity of those around me who want to join me in a party… and simply worry about being the target of another unwarranted permanent ban. And all while defending my ‘online honor’ to others who just say ’he was banned he MUST be guilty." Where is the fun in all this?

I am glad to see that apparently some people are getting things sorted out. I really am. I just hope that real lessons are being learned that will prevent this from happening to others.

Yes, this only a game… but because it is so immersive, extensive and long lived, the damage to an innocent player is so much more than the cost of the program, it is a personal loss of their invested time, energies and enthusiasm.

BTW, ty to Gaile for answering my previous question and keeping up with this growing thread! It’s nice to know that someone is listening and responding.

Posted by: Drachdhar.7016

Drachdhar.7016

I find much of this quite confusing… I cant create a support login since apparently my email already has one, but then again I cant log into it because the account is apparently disabled or I do not enter the right password or something, I doubt the latter… So I cant check on my ticket(s), made two in short order mostly due to confusion about the system.
One of the tickets is in the system though, so now the terrible waiting which has gone on for exactly 24 hours since receiving the email, all due to my account being suspended for “account issues” which I know absolutely nothing about.
And I still havent even played for a single second yet

Drachdhar.7016

Makes me wish I invested in X-Com instead…

Posted by: ziofanoo.2917

ziofanoo.2917

here we go!
4th day started and no answers
already posted in tickets for Review (3 days and older)

Ashlar.2519

I am not letting the bots win, it’s a war and the players will be the victors with ArenaNet’s help in clearing them out. I will continue to report botting when I see it, giving notice in /say that the reporting is about to happen. I also will continue to farm in Orr on occasion. I don’t do it every day, as I do have multiple goals I would like to reach. However, when going into one of the zones, I party up with a could of guild mates or friends. If there is room in the group for a couple of others, we usually put up in /say that we have x spots available for the events. I know it’s frustrating, but don’t let them win. The Support Team is working as hard as they can to get through the tickets and restore as many people as possible. Try to be patient and understanding – and don’t let the bots win by quitting.

Posted by: Bovinity.8610

Bovinity.8610

I spend an inordinate amount of time in Cursed Shore farming for a legendary, as it’s by far the most efficient method.. should I be afraid to return? Do I need to alter my playing habits?

That’s just it. They designed the much-touted “endgame weapons” to require a grind that basically forces you to ACT like a bot every time you log in. Go to the popular farming places, farm with the farming zerg, moving from one point to another ad nauseum. It’s pretty impressive just how huge a grind they threw into the game.

Then a ton of people get banned for “bot-like behavior”. Brilliant.

Any sufficiently advanced skill is indistinguishable from luck.

Posted by: Souryu.9074

Souryu.9074

I was enjoying game for about 1 day and got suspended. How? No idea.

Any racial slur? I didn’t even wrote 1 letter in in-game chat.
Any naming problems? Well, if u count in-game nick I Like Blue Colour, then hell yeah.
Any violations of forum’s rules? Ah, right… Except, you are just reading my first letters typed in these forums
Any ToA breaches? Except the fact i was mainly playing in starter zones, checking out for myself which class do what, which is fun for me etc. and having like close to zero knowledge about the game and even less about any exploits or any other crap like that, sure probably plenty.

2 years in GW1, 5 years in WoW, probably 1000s of hours playing variety of all kinds of online games, never got baned, suspended, even contacted by admin/GM/any kind of employee with complain about my behaviour and now this…

Worst. Customer. Service. EVER!

Posted by: Kaosuyousei.1049

Kaosuyousei.1049

Hello everyone,

Yes my account was suspended today, I opened a case and got the same response. I purchased on 11/5…

Almost the exact same situation here. I’m starting to suspect that somehow they managed to completely lose the billing information for a lot of people who bought the game through their website and are now suspending those people for “playing a game they haven’t paid for” or some nonsense.

tolunart.2095

Reading the observations of forum members on the past few pages regarding the whole bot issue is a little unsettling. Not being one or using third party software I am both truly amazed at what they can apparently do… and the ramifications for honest players in the game. Overall, it seems a bit like trying to survive in a terrorist filled world.

Without context, things can get a little blown out of proportion. More than 2 million GW2 accounts > tiny percentage of banned accounts for botting/RMT > tiny percentage of banned accounts are errors. You’re talking about a literal handful of people out of over 2 million.

And remember, it’s very rare for someone caught doing something wrong to openly admit this. The prisons are full of innocent people, just ask them. Nearly everyone there was arrested by mistake. Likewise, most of the people who tested out the latest bot software to make it easier to get that legendary weapon aren’t going to announce in public that they got caught. And someone who does this for a living certainly isn’t going to admit to it, they’ll press any angle they can to try to get back what they lost.

As the technology improves, however, the people creating bot software and running scams adapt to the new tech and improve their techniques. There are probably already bots that are nearly indistinguishable from real players, and eventually they will be able to respond to different situations with a reasonable AI and be impossible for the casual observer to identify.

Ruith.5861

Life is not always puppies and rainbows. It sucks to be one of the few people caught up in the nets by mistake, but the alternative is to abandon the game to bots and scams. Which is better for the majority of players?

The alternative is to improve the bot detection systems and always insist that even one wrongly banned player is too much. I don’t want to get into a debate on the utilitarian aspects of banning people from the game. When you are on the receiving end of a ban, it hurts. It also generates a volume of negative chat for the game.

Sweeping statements that allege people are liars are not helpful, unless you have the evidence to back up your statements. Accusing people of lying is offensive to honest people. There are several posts appearing in the forums where people are accusing us of lying about the fact that we have been wrongly banned. Such posts are unwarranted, unfounded and a waste of everyone’s time.

tolunart.2095

I’m not accusing a single person of lying. I just don’t believe everything posted on the Internet is the absolute truth. I’m glad that it’s not my job to sort out the mess.

Cain.9724

This really does not make sense to me. I was banned for botting yesterday and have been unable to log in.. but someone (GM I’m assuming) has been on my account for several hours today, going between cursed shore and WvW.. why?? And now on the support site someone renamed my ticket header from “Wrongful Account Termination” to “Hacked Account” and I’m seeing the unauthorized access suspension error instead of the botting one.. I had a very strong password, one I do not use anywhere else and a mobile authenticator. I was also playing shortly before my account was banned with no issues. Is this some kind of cover up or a flaw in how tickets are handled?
puts on his tin foil hat

Caen [SM] – Thief
The ShadowMoon
Maguuma

Souryu.9074

Life is not always puppies and rainbows. It sucks to be one of the few people caught up in the nets by mistake, but the alternative is to abandon the game to bots and scams. Which is better for the majority of players?

Well, you wouldn’t be asking such “wise” questions if you were suspended for nothing.
Someone invested money to play the game, time to build up character/get gear etc. Now he/she feels cheated, with no idea what he/she did wrong and no way to fix it. How would u feel? Happy?

Posted by: Treplos.5182

Treplos.5182

I just wanted to say that I finally got my account back. It took around 30 hours.

Not entirely sure what happened in the first place. The message I got was that it was blocked for “security reasons” and I have no clue why. I did not get hacked and I certainly don’t run any shady programs, just Skype, Yahoo, Teamspeak and Smoothping for lower pings (I live overseas). Anyway I am glad to be back.

Good luck to everyone else and thanks ANET!

Oh and I got 2 emails from support, one a few hours after my initial ticket which said my ticket got escalated. And the last one a bit ago saying my account was restored. GL.

Posted by: lex.2053

lex.2053

Before 26 hours, i log to game and find group for events in cursed shore,then after that guild mates call me for some spvp tournament and i accept, i minimize mine game and connect to ts3 and when i look mine screen i see your acc is blocked wtf.Then i try log in in game i see your acc is permament banned.Lol for ANET,i play much WvsW i make mine video from pvp, i go instances and get banned.Then i decide if they unban me i stop play GW2,because real booters dont get banned, normal players does.I think now is ANET failed because of that and now they are losing much ppl whos is banned without reason.

Posted by: Cerise.9045

Cerise.9045

48 hours after getting banned for a false positive and still no response from support

wouldn’t really refer to this kind of support as “excellent”

I still don’t believe the people who “carefully investigate each report of botting” are doing what you say they’re doing. I have never done anything that even remotely looks like botting. I’m always at my PC, I’m always talking with people while playing, I’m always running around randomly doing different things. And this is when I even do PvE. 90% of my time spent in this game is PvP…. bots do not spend 90% of their time doing PvP

Anyone who looked at my account for more than 5 seconds would be able to see that there wasn’t any botting involved with anything I do.

(edited by Cerise.9045)

tolunart.2095

Well, you wouldn’t be asking such “wise” questions if you were suspended for nothing.
Someone invested money to play the game, time to build up character/get gear etc. Now he/she feels cheated, with no idea what he/she did wrong and no way to fix it. How would u feel? Happy?

I’ve been fired from jobs for things I didn’t do. That’s a lot more serious than not being able to play a game for a few days. But I didn’t throw rocks through the manager’s office window or anything, I just moved on with life. Most of the people playing the game are pretty young, as you get older you learn that life isn’t going to always be fair and that sometimes there really isn’t anything you can do about it.

Posted by: Chippalrus.5437

Chippalrus.5437

I’m not accusing a single person of lying. I just don’t believe everything posted on the Internet is the absolute truth. I’m glad that it’s not my job to sort out the mess.

I agree with your posts however I still wonder how many are actually affected by accidental bans, and how fast were they resolved.

Maybe I should just start streaming/record every time I load up guild wars 2 just so I have a sure proof of saying I have been literally glued to my PC screen for more than 12 hours a day.

Posted by: Arnemetia.1408

Arnemetia.1408

I wondered why the massive bans of innocent peeps seemed rather deja vu … then it hit me … it’s like airport security now … the bad guys ruin it for everyone, and the good guys have to pay for it.

More than 48 hours … still waiting…

Ruith.5861

I’ve been fired from jobs for things I didn’t do. That’s a lot more serious than not being able to play a game for a few days. But I didn’t throw rocks through the manager’s office window or anything, I just moved on with life. Most of the people playing the game are pretty young, as you get older you learn that life isn’t going to always be fair and that sometimes there really isn’t anything you can do about it.

If I had been fired from a job for no reason I would probably have gone to an employment appeal tribunal unless I had no grounds for appeal. Some folks take any upset lightly, some take it less well. Just because you are of thicker skin doesn’t mean we all are. And less of the patronising speech please. I’m not one of those “pretty young” players you speak of. There is something we can do about this problem – that is complain to customer services and hope that they sort it out. What we shouldn’t do is tell people who have been wrongly banned that they should just accept it and get on with things, lest it happen again to other innocent players. That is, assuming you care about the game…

Souryu.9074

Move on? Please, tell me you are living in Third World country, becouse it sounds like you have no labor or consumer rights in there. Sooner i will tear Anet to pieces with my own bare hands than loose this account, becouse of some unknown reason Anet only knows and fail to share their point of view with me. Moreover, their lack of control under thier own product is totally not my concern. It’s their problem not mine.

(edited by Souryu.9074)

Posted by: Grubbey.7042

Grubbey.7042

I was Banned on Tuesday for Boting/macroing, and my account was restored on Thursday.
It does change just be patient.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

See that why the law system has self representation if your unable to def your self in a law way its a lot harder to prove innocents. What are you to do to help them alone the way? Should you make a random topic about this and your own problem and hope that one of the random ppl who has power takes pity on you and looks or hope for the very random support system to work in your favor (ppl are getting from 1hr to 5 days + for theirs to be looked at).

This is the real problem not that ppl who where not bots where ban its the support system its seeming random at who gets look at before others. Its understandable that some ppl are going to get cough up in this ban but to take so long to get back to ppl who post on the support forms and to have it where only the “baner” will chose who is good and who is bad with out input from the “banes?” is a fixed system.

I ask you do i sound like a bot look at all the post i am making (i know its too many i am just getting more and more agitated as time goes on not helping that i am listing / talking to my guild on vent when they are having fun in wvw) would a bot do this? I am bad at spelling but i have a luring disability so my grammar and spelling are not the best. I could give info. that would prove that i am human such social security number but that going too far.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Ruith.5861

I was Banned on Tuesday for Boting/macroing, and my account was restored on Thursday.
It does change just be patient.

Thanks for the update Grubbey. Patience is an attribute that is easier to voice with hindsight, however.

Drachdhar.7016

Hello everyone,

Almost the exact same situation here. I’m starting to suspect that somehow they managed to completely lose the billing information for a lot of people who bought the game through their website and are now suspending those people for “playing a game they haven’t paid for” or some nonsense.

Same situation here… Bought the game in the web-shop, registered and all that jazz. Suspended without even getting to play.

Posted by: Screamheart.6327

Screamheart.6327

My account was just suspended… I was on for about 30 minutes using the TP, and doing dailies…. I have never used hacks, bots, or any of that crap. Why is this happening?

Rachiia.6045

FYI, my account was restored almost exactly 48 hours after submitting my ticket. I’m going to let myself cool a little bit before commenting on this fiasco.

(edited by Rachiia.6045)

Cain.9724

My favorite part is the official reply saying that “alot” of us are actually botters trying to stir up trouble and only wasting their time.

Caen [SM] – Thief
The ShadowMoon
Maguuma

Rachiia.6045

My favorite part is the official reply saying that “alot” of us are actually botters trying to stir up trouble and only wasting their time.

As one of the more frequent contributors to this thread, I hear you, Cain.

Posted by: Cerise.9045

Cerise.9045

My ticket was just updated asking for more account information, a few hours after my reason for being banned was changed to unauthorized access.

Fortunately I checked and nobody was on my account since I was last logged onto it, my last played character is still in the zone I left it.

Hopefully this will be fixed soon.