Broken main

Broken main

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: mickers.2715

mickers.2715

Im having a really hard time loading LA on my ele main, all of my other alts load it fine but currently my ele seems to get stuck in limbo 90% of the time i try to log in. recently my guild chat has also become laggy not allowing me to see people online , switch between guilds or talk in guild chat.

My in game lag is fine though everything works when i want it to , Spvp and WvW are smooth.

i included a picture of the error i keep getting while trying to talk in guild, when this login error pops up i am still able to talk in map chat , walk around and use my skills fine.

ive tried disabling my fire wall, configuring it.
Changing all my settings to low on a alt to see if that helps LA load on my ele.

Attachments:

Broken main

Posted by: Ashley Segovia.8276

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

Next

Hi mickers – I’d like for you to try clearing your DNS cache. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Press and hold the Windows key and press the R key. This should bring up the “Run” dialogue box.

2. In that box, type “cmd” without the quotes, and click the “OK” button. A DOS window should open.

3. Enter the following command below and press enter: ipconfig /flushdns

This should clear your DNS cache. You may need to perform this command a few times.

Broken main

mickers.2715

Hi mickers – I’d like for you to try clearing your DNS cache. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Press and hold the Windows key and press the R key. This should bring up the “Run” dialogue box.

2. In that box, type “cmd” without the quotes, and click the “OK” button. A DOS window should open.

3. Enter the following command below and press enter: ipconfig /flushdns

This should clear your DNS cache. You may need to perform this command a few times.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Ive managed to log onto my main so lets hope it stays that way.

all my Christmas love to you Ashley <3

Attachments:

Broken main

Previous

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

Next

Hi mickers – Glad to hear it!

And thanks for the warm wishes – right back at you!

Attachments:

Broken main

mickers.2715

bah its gone weird again and the command doesnt seem to want to work.

thankyou for the lovely screenshot.

it is a bit strange im unsure whats wrong really, i did the flush a few extra times and put all my settings to low while logging an alt and im back in again, ill keep you posted on any changes.

(edited by mickers.2715)

Broken main

Previous

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

Next

Oh no – I’m sorry to hear that. That’s really odd. Are you connected to a router by chance? If so, do you encounter this issue if you bypass the router and connect directly to the modem?

Broken main

Posted by: Dagonet.9021

Dagonet.9021

My wife’s account is having the same trouble. Can log in anywhere but LA just fine. In LA, hangs on porting in and eventually gets punted. We’re grouped, so I ‘join’ her and I see her standing in the game, but she can’t get past the splash screen.

I had her try the same dns flush that was proposed here, but it had no effect.

Broken main

Posted by: AvengerUK.8650

AvengerUK.8650

I can’t tell you how glad I am to see a thread about this.

I have had this exact issue during all 3 major events (Halloween, southern shore and now today only – wintersday) ALL were in Lions Arch.

So far today, I cannot use my main – and my friends have tried who are in different locations (country, etc) – and they can’t either.

I would greatly appreciate a fix for this…3 events and no fix running is a bit too long.

I have a ticket in about it too! – but currently I can’t play at all.

So, support ^^ its not his network, its a weird game bug – nothing to do with our networks or our PC’s….

Broken main

Previous

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

Next

If you guys are still experiencing this issue, the best way for us to collect information to determine whether or not this is an issue with the client is if you submit a ticket to our Technical Support department for further assistance.

As it stands we’ve received very few reports regarding this particular problem and so the more information that we can collect the more this will assist us in further investigating this issue.

Broken main

AvengerUK.8650

Ashley, I do have a support ticket in but they wont help (as apparently its NCSoft replyign to me as opposed to Arenanet) – on top of that, they ignore the facts in the ticket and ask me to do commands in-game, such as /IP – then using ping plotter.

This was obviously ignoring what I told them that 1) I can’t get into the game on my main and 2) Other people who use my account in different locations, even countries, get this problem with my main – and now 3) I have made a second character and taken it to lions arch, and it works flawlessly.

So yes, what do you suggest? – I’m really rather fed up of it.

Broken main

Previous

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

Hi there AvengerUK – What’s your ticket number?

Broken main

AvengerUK.8650

reference number for the new ticket is: 121220-002860

Broken main

Posted by: Avorniel.5708

Avorniel.5708

my Girlfriend has exactly the same thing and it only started when Wintersday event started was fine until then.Other characters she has are fine,we share the same modem and I can connect right away,so tried her account on my PC and the character still wouldn’t load.I already got her to do the flushdns but that didn’t work even after a few times.
She sent in a ticket which she is working through now but in the reply it says GW2 should be installed in C:\Games but when you install it from the CD the default is C:\program files(x86) so is this ok and this is the same for me to were both using windows 7 64 bit

Broken main

Posted by: Bluetapeboy.7348

Bluetapeboy.7348

having the same problem, 3 out of 5 characters are bugged and i cant get on them:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Game-crashes-when-loading-into-a-town/first#post1066156