Character restoration

Character restoration

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: sean.6058

sean.6058

Hey everyone, I recently deleted my level 32 Guardian by accident. I wasn’t paying attention and meant to delete a different character. But anyways, this was my main that I’ve been playing since the 3 day headstart and I’d really like to be able to get it back. Is there any way that a restoration (just this once) can be used on my account? I understand that people who got their accounts hacked have account restorations, so could the same tools be applied to my account?

Thanks

Character restoration

Posted by: Roxy.7260

Roxy.7260

This is what Gaile have posted in the past:

Right now, as of tonight, we don’t have the tools to do “restorations” or “roll backs” or anything of that nature. That is not at all to say we won’t be able to do them — just not tonight.
We have, in the past, used restorations only for account compromises and not for things like user error. (Much as I sympathize — I’ve done that too! )
Let me try to get some idea of how we’ll handle these issues, but off the top of my head I wonder if we can do restorations for matters of this sort. Support does a lot of investigation in each restoration, to verify the incident, to make sure the economy is not damaged by the restoration, and so forth. If a Support agent were involved every time someone did a mis-click, that could be a lot of agents every day. Again, I’m not stating policy — I’m merely saying I will try to find out how we can handle these in the future.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Salvaged-something-oops/first#post6466

[ Roxy | Engineer | Sea of Sorrows ]
[ Escha Malier | Ranger | Sea of Sorrows ]

Character restoration

sean.6058

So would it be better to just recreate the character or wait for them to add the restoration feature?

Character restoration

Posted by: Roxy.7260

Roxy.7260

In my opinion, it’d be better to just recreate the character.

[ Roxy | Engineer | Sea of Sorrows ]
[ Escha Malier | Ranger | Sea of Sorrows ]

Character restoration

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Hey everyone, I recently deleted my level 32 Guardian by accident. I wasn’t paying attention and meant to delete a different character. But anyways, this was my main that I’ve been playing since the 3 day headstart and I’d really like to be able to get it back. Is there any way that a restoration (just this once) can be used on my account? I understand that people who got their accounts hacked have account restorations, so could the same tools be applied to my account?

Thanks

People who got hacked are getting their accounts reinstated, not restored. There’s a difference in that those who were hacked are not “rolled back.” Or at least they are not rolled back at the present time. (We will have this sort of functionality at a later date, but if policy carries from Guild Wars to Guild Wars 2, it will be used only for account compromises and not for user errors like deleting a character – where there are two safeguards to prevent accidental deletion – or accidental sales of items, etc.

Account restorations take time to research, for the protection of other players and the economy as a whole, so we are likely to use them only in specific types of incidents. And by the way, a restoration applies to the entire account, not a single character or a specific item.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Character restoration

sean.6058

Thanks for the info. Do you have any idea when “a later date” is? I guess what I’m asking is would it be more logical to just remake my character or wait (a week for example) for the possibility of a roll back?