Client Crashing

Client Crashing

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: UberAlpha.2560

UberAlpha.2560

I can’t do anything. I have been sitting in Ebonhawk and game randomly crashes with no error 4 times. This did not happen before the update. Im running on a macbook pro 15’ late 2011.

Client Crashing

Posted by: Killer Instinct.2058

Killer Instinct.2058

Same here as well, in the middle of dungeon and suddenly the game will freeze, shut itself, and then restart, only to encounter the same problem again. This started to occur immediately after downloading the new update.

Client Crashing

Posted by: Zamfir.8462

Zamfir.8462

I found a solution to the IMMEDIATE crash issue – where I’d crash within a minute or less or whenever zoning or using a way point.

Remove the GuildWars2 folder from Application Support and let GW2 rebuild it.

With the Client QUIT and Not Running:

I went to User/Library/Application Support/Guild Wars 2 and put the entire “Guild Wars 2” folder in the trash.

I restarted the client and GW2 rebuilt this folder.

YOU WILL LOSE SAVED NAME AND SAVED PASSWORD, and will need to REENTER your email address and your password.

The User Library is hidden, but you can get to it while in the finder by going to:
Go/Go To Folder/

and entering the string “~/Library” without the quotes.

Navigate thru the Application Support hierarchy to Guild Wars 2 and trash it.

Hope this helps.

Client Crashing

Posted by: Hollow.9758

Hollow.9758

Yep, started happening to me immediately after the new update post Battle for LA. I’ve only been gaming for like 2 hours and it has, basically force quite itself without any error message, at all.
I love the fact that with every update, it feels like ANet is passively trying to screw us mac users over a little bit more. So sick of this.

By Odins fine whiskers!
27-inch, 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048 MB, OS X 10.8.2

Client Crashing

Hollow.9758

I found a solution to the IMMEDIATE crash issue – where I’d crash within a minute or less or whenever zoning or using a way point.

Remove the GuildWars2 folder from Application Support and let GW2 rebuild it.

With the Client QUIT and Not Running:

I went to User/Library/Application Support/Guild Wars 2 and put the entire “Guild Wars 2” folder in the trash.

I restarted the client and GW2 rebuilt this folder.

YOU WILL LOSE SAVED NAME AND SAVED PASSWORD, and will need to REENTER your email address and your password.

The User Library is hidden, but you can get to it while in the finder by going to:
Go/Go To Folder/

and entering the string “~/Library” without the quotes.

Navigate thru the Application Support hierarchy to Guild Wars 2 and trash it.

Hope this helps.

The fact that we need to do this… after EVERY update is pathetic. I’ve seriously lost count at how many times i’ve had to do this.

By Odins fine whiskers!
27-inch, 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048 MB, OS X 10.8.2

Client Crashing

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

As a reminder:

Again, submit support requests. This forum does not get a lot of a attention from Anet, read almost none. The best you can do is submit tickets to draw attention to this problem.

The Burninator

Client Crashing

Zamfir.8462

Yes, I’ve submitted a support request…

Sad to note but:

Removing the folder from Application Support only promoted me from crashing in under 60 seconds to crashing about every 10 minutes.

:-/

Client Crashing

Zamfir.8462

Yep, started happening to me immediately after the new update post Battle for LA. I’ve only been gaming for like 2 hours and it has, basically force quite itself without any error message, at all.
I love the fact that with every update, it feels like ANet is passively trying to screw us mac users over a little bit more. So sick of this.

It’s probably nothing intentional, but they clearly don’t have the same number of QA people running this client as they do other platforms.

Client Crashing

Posted by: FredEx.9271

FredEx.9271

Same as Zamfir. I deleted the GW2 Library folder, but it only bought me 10 minutes or so before crash as opposed to 20 seconds.

Client Crashing

Hollow.9758

deleting the root folder and replacing it did absolutely nothing for me. going to try and submit an error report in game. Last two times i tried to get on, as soon as i tried to move the game shut itself off.

By Odins fine whiskers!

Client Crashing

Zamfir.8462

Ya – don’t submit in-game. That’s pretty much for logging issues like “this vendor doesn’t work” and A-Net is (probably) capturing data like your location, so they can help fix it.

I found a terrain/collider issue in LA just a few minutes ago. Perfect for in-game bug reporting.

You should use the web-based support ticket site for things like chronic client crashes.

If you use the ESC key while in the character window, which is pretty stable for me, and then click “support”, choose the option “Go To GW2 Support Site”.

It should take you here:
https://help.guildwars2.com/home

Here you can navigate the questions and find the “submit ticket” link.

I followed:
Technical Support: Installation, Connectivity, and Performance»
Guild Wars 2 Mac Edition»
– and finally, at the bottom of the page:
Have more questions? Submit a request

Client Crashing

Zamfir.8462

Or just click the “submit a request” link in the menu bar! (>_<)

(^_^)!

Client Crashing

Posted by: Wingaero.3524

Wingaero.3524

+1
I ran two dungeons and a fractal this morning and was booted a total of 9 times.. this is making the game unplayable

Client Crashing

Posted by: Fabby.5643

Fabby.5643

+1 Here Also, NEVER Crashed for over a Year now Constant Crashing Unplayable ATM

Running Latest i7 with Nvida Graphics Top Spec and it can’t Play GW2 Anymore

Client Crashing

Zamfir.8462

TBH, this looks like an asset load issue, not a video card issue.

I’m getting my crashes whenever there is a large volume of new assets to load: Zoning in, coming around a corner and revealing new geometry…

I have also noticed my zone load times are SUPER fast now! Wow!

So I suspect there may have been crack in some asset loading optimisation…

Just a guess.

Client Crashing

Posted by: Skink.7613

Skink.7613

Same here, late 2012 iMac, no problems at all since todays patch. Ticket sent.

Client Crashing

Posted by: Moon wolf.1796

Moon wolf.1796

Just updated tonight on my
Macbook Pro Retina
Running 10.9.2 Maverick
Graphics : Intel Iris Pro 1024MB
Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Processor: 2GHz Intel Core i7.

Everything was ok yesterday before the patch but tonight I get in the game play for a minute and everything freeze and then crash to desktop.

Client Crashing

Posted by: darksome.1697

darksome.1697

Tried the Application Support Guild Wars 2 folder delete thing as well, and while it did make my time in-game before a crash somewhat longer, it doesn’t fix the problem sadly.

I’ve submitted a ticket as well, but I’m going to stay out of pretty much everything until they decide to acknowledge this, since crashing all the time isn’t that much fun.

Client Crashing

Posted by: Division.1205

Division.1205

Also crashing constantly since patch. It is not occurring at any particular occasion, just crashing within 10 – 15 minutes of playing.

Client Crashing

JustTrogdor.7892

Submit support requests out of game via

https://help.guildwars2.com/anonymous_requests/new

In game reports won’t help.

The Burninator

Client Crashing

Posted by: MattChernicky.2945

MattChernicky.2945

Technical Support Lead

Next

Hey all,

I just wanted to jump in and let everyone know we are looking into this now. I will update this thread when I have more information.

Client Crashing

Posted by: darksome.1697

darksome.1697

Thank you Matt.

Client Crashing

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

Hey all,

I just wanted to jump in and let everyone know we are looking into this now. I will update this thread when I have more information.

Thank you very much!

Client Crashing

JustTrogdor.7892

Thanks Matt for stopping in to let us know. Very refreshing to see you here.

The Burninator

Client Crashing

Posted by: FredEx.9271

FredEx.9271

Thanks, Matt. I’ll be refreshing this page in hopes of a fix!

(edited by FredEx.9271)

Client Crashing

Posted by: bubblewrap.4987

bubblewrap.4987

I’m having the same problem. My Mac client is now constantly crashing. Zero problems with it before the patch. I’ve created a support ticket. I hope you guys fix this soon. The game is quickly becoming unplayable.

Client Crashing

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

Thanks, Matt. I’ll be refreshing this page in hopes of a fix!

I picture Fred doing that thing Zuckerberg was doing at the end of “The Social Network”

Starts around 45 secs…

Client Crashing

Posted by: nurmoo.6984

nurmoo.6984

I have same problem after the last patch,i hope will be fix fast,is impossible play right now ;(

Client Crashing

Posted by: Hawkmoon.1038

Hawkmoon.1038

Same problem – client crashes every few minutes (iMac 27", late 2012 model), after the update today. Tried turning graphics down to Best Performance, but it doesn’t help. Unplayable.

Client Crashing

Posted by: Ravenger.9056

Ravenger.9056

Thanks Matt, look forward to more news.

Cheers

Client Crashing

Posted by: Arlise.1842

Arlise.1842

Same issue as everyone else! Submitted a ticket, and am installing Win7 with bootcamp now. I give up. :C

Client Crashing

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

It’s like ANet is running some sort of sick experiment to see exactly how bad they can make the game before we all leave. Seriously, at this point I’ve never buying gems again until you guys come out and announce you have at least 1 Mac QA guy that at least tries to launch the game before releasing a new patch. This is beyond unbelievable.

Edit: I’m pretty sure there is some sort of corrupt file. When I’m in LA there is a weird section of the hill just west of fort mariner where there is new sand but I’m still walking on the old terrain underneath it. I’ve run the repair command but it didn’t fix it.

(edited by Nageth.5648)

Client Crashing

Posted by: Atilitae.7215

Atilitae.7215

Same problem … My MacBook is from 2012. My game crashes every 10 minutes in average or when I click the tabs in the hero menu.

Client Crashing

Zamfir.8462

Ya – I saw and reported that. It looks like either the collider is missing from the geometry, or more likely, the geometry got bumped and raised up above the terrain and collider, as the south end is not connected to anything and hovers in mid-air.

That just looks like an “oops” that will be fixed in patch, but didn’t seem related to crashes.

I’m not good with the GW2 logs, but all my crashes are related to this log:

[———- Crash Report —-——]

Created: Tue Mar 18 22:14:09 2014
Exception 0xc0000005 occurred at 0×490371bb: Access violation writing location 0×00000000

[———- Process Info —-——]

PID 1 crashed in TID 0×0003

Base End Name
0×00400000 → 0×00440fff ‘regapi’
0×70001000 → 0×70158fff ‘ntdll’
0×71ae7000 → 0×71aeefff ‘psapi’
0×71af0000 → 0×71afbfff ‘version’
0×71f35000 → 0×71f5ffff ‘advapi32’
0×71fce000 → 0×71fd6fff ‘lz32’
0×7377f000 → 0×737befff ‘dbghelp’
0×77001000 → 0×77085fff ‘kernel32’
0×78000000 → 0×78045fff ‘msvcrt’

[———— Registers —-———]

EIP=490371bb EAX=00000000 EBX=4dd0ab2a ECX=c000000d EDX=730555b8
EBP=8ec24153 ESP=0077fb80 EDI=f0000000 ESI=700771b7 EFL=00010202

[———- Stack trace —-——-]

[—- End of Crash Report —--]

Client Crashing

Posted by: UberAlpha.2560

UberAlpha.2560

Hey all,

Thank you Matt for updating us! Much appreciated!

Client Crashing

Posted by: goodbeerhunting.8942

goodbeerhunting.8942

It’s disappointing that such an obviously widespread (and quick to experience – 10 seconds after spawn in my case) error wasn’t caught before release, but it highlights how the Mac client was more about PR than priority. There didn’t seem to be any intention to support other platforms early in the design process when an exclusive DirectX path was chosen. It doesn’t even feel like a second-class client. Didn’t I read in another thread that there isn’t even a dedicated developer on it?

What’s the end game here? If the Mac client isn’t going to be supported with a level of commitment that at least approaches the Windows client, it should be scrapped. I’d hate to see it, but I suspect it would be for the best. It certainly doesn’t feel like they’re busy adding an OpenGL path for a native Mac client, and the current situation is far from ideal.

Client Crashing

Posted by: midnightcity.1879

midnightcity.1879

Same issue here, I’m on a 2013 imac, v10.8.5. I’m crashing around every 10 – 15 minutes. Never had this problem before today’s update.

Client Crashing

Posted by: The Angle of Deth.2985

The Angle of Deth.2985

mmmm yeah, still a kitten crash fest…4 crashes to desktop in less than 10 minutes… : /

I’m beyond disgusted at this point.

Client Crashing

Posted by: Vampirate.7054

Vampirate.7054

Crashes every 5 to 10 mins in any where zone without combat
Mac Pro (late 2013)
P.S. Thank you Matt for updating us!

(edited by Vampirate.7054)

Client Crashing

Zamfir.8462

Ok: Solution?

Knock on wood.

I did a complete reinstall of the client from my account page.

I’ve been playing now for 20 m without a crash.

Could be that the patch damaged the client?

I’ll know more tomorrow, as it’s time to go to bed now, but – one bit of evidence:
With the patch my load times for a zone were cut in half. I thought “Wow, what optimisation”, but it crashed.

With the reinstall, the scene load times seem back to normal.

Could there have been an issue with non-loading assets?

Pure speculation.

Try reinstalling and see if it solves your problem.

I’ll report more later.

Client Crashing

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

Yeah, that was what I was leaning towards. My patcher acted funny (stuck at 3 files left to patch) then magically was done sooner than I thought it should be. I’ve been messing around using parts from a windows install but if we can fix it by just doing a clean reinstall that might be a better move.

Edit: trying the complete reinstall now. patching parts from the windows install only stopped my computer from locking up on the crash but the crashing still happens.

(edited by Nageth.5648)

Client Crashing

Posted by: lanshark.3108

lanshark.3108

Is it getting worse for anyone else? Earlier today it would only crash maybe once every 30-45 min but now I can’t go a few minutes without getting kicked out. Always that same error code…I hope they patch this soon.

Client Crashing

Posted by: Camardelle.9183

Camardelle.9183

I am having the same issue, 15" MacBook Pro. Never had any issues until last patch. 10 minutes or so before crashing. Crashed 3 times just before last boss on 3 different dungeon runs.

Client Crashing

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

At first I got about 15 seconds of inventory shuffling, now I simply open the inventory and the game crashes. no error code, no “GuildWars 2 has unexpected exited”, no nothing.
system.log shows this:
Mar 18 18:20:14 Colby-Mac-4 com.apple.launchd.peruser.501196 (com.transgaming.guildwars2.256464430): Exited with code: 1
Mar 18 18:20:18 Colby-Mac-4.local cider460: regapi failed: 1
Mar 18 18:20:51 Colby-Mac-4 com.apple.launchd.peruser.501196 (com.transgaming.guildwars2.256464460): Exited with code: 1
Mar 18 18:20:55 Colby-Mac-4.local cider471: regapi failed: 1
Mar 18 18:21:40 Colby-Mac-4 com.apple.launchd.peruser.501196 (com.transgaming.guildwars2.256464471): Exited with code: 1
Mar 18 18:21:43 Colby-Mac-4.local cider484: regapi failed: 1

Client Crashing

Posted by: Mahkno.7593

Mahkno.7593

same thing as everyone else here since the patch.

one time was error c00000005

others i couldn’t tell the error code because it freezes my mac and i have to force restart the kitten thing. of course the error c00000005 time froze my mac too…

this terrifying thing was in my console log:

3/18/14 9:33:43.000 PM kernel0: process cider453 thread 4147 caught burning CPU!; EXC_RESOURCE supressed due to audio playback

rmbp 15" 10.9.2, 2.7ghz i7, 16gb ram.

Client Crashing

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

it seems that not everything causes a crash…
I get it most when doing stuff in the inventory such as:
- clicking the gear to deposit collectibles
- using bank contract
- retrieving items from TP (not every time)

Client Crashing

Posted by: Vanila.4985

Vanila.4985

mine too, 15 inch retina, 2013.
crash randomly in close intervals. sometimes even straight after rebooting the game.
No error reported.

Client Crashing

Posted by: Todd.8162

Todd.8162

I know that this thread has plenty of posts but I also know how company mangers work and I know that they ask “how many people are affected?” when told that something needs to be fixed. If people don’t add their “me too”, management just assumes that the problem only affects the small few who bothered to speak up.

So, “me too.” Constant freezing and quit-to-Desktop while playing after the “The Aftermath of the Siege of Lion’s Arch” update.

Client Crashing

Posted by: Topaz.4291

Topaz.4291

Well, in light of the previous comment on “me too”, I guess this would be my first post on the forums. I am experiencing the problem too, 15-inch retina MacBook Pro. Happens at hourish intervals. Has happened in WvW twice and PvE once. Good luck sorting it out, Anet!

Client Crashing

Posted by: Ledavi.1803

Ledavi.1803

this is a ‘me too’

Mac Pro