Client Crashing

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: MattChernicky.2945

Previous

MattChernicky.2945

Technical Support Lead

Next

Hey all,

Just checking in to let everyone know we believe we have identified the issue and we are working on getting it in the next hotfix. If this changes, I will let everyone know.

I also want to let you know that uninstalling/reinstalling the client will not fix this crash, so I just ask that everyone hang tight until we can get this fix rolled out to you all.

I appreciate everyone’s patience as I know how frustrating this can be.

-Matt

Client Crashing

Posted by: Topaz.4291

Topaz.4291

Hey all,

Just checking in to let everyone know we believe we have identified the issue and we are working on getting it in the next hotfix. If this changes, I will let everyone know.

I also want to let you know that uninstalling/reinstalling the client will not fix this crash, so I just ask that everyone hang tight until we can get this fix rolled out to you all.

-Matt

Thanks for looking after the Mac users!

Client Crashing

Posted by: Moira Shalaar.5620

Moira Shalaar.5620

I posted elsewhere, but will add my voice here also about having this problem. I am glad to see the response from Matt and like everybody else I look forward to getting back to Tyria.

mid-2011 iMac; OSX 10.9.5; 3.4 GHz Core i7;
16GB RAM; AMD Radeon 6970M 2GB VRAM

Client Crashing

Posted by: FredEx.9271

FredEx.9271

Thanks again, Matt.

Client Crashing

Posted by: Blind Jimmy.1634

Blind Jimmy.1634

Came here to report the same problem. Glad to see it has been identified and scheduled for fix already!

Client Crashing

Posted by: goodbeerhunting.8942

goodbeerhunting.8942

this terrifying thing was in my console log:

3/18/14 9:33:43.000 PM kernel0: process cider453 thread 4147 caught burning CPU!; EXC_RESOURCE supressed due to audio playback

Don’t worry – your CPU isn’t literally burning.

It’s one of the new system-level features of Mavericks, part of the push to get developers to write more energy efficient code. When a thread passes a certain percentage of CPU usage over a certain amount of time it’s flagged and logged, with a spin dump (check under DiagnosticReports if you want to see the gory details.)

It’s also useful if you’re an inquisitive user and want to know which apps are draining your battery fastest.

Client Crashing

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

Hey all,

-Matt

Thanks again, Matt!

Client Crashing

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

Ahh, so happy to see a dev post here with that message. It seemed to get worse and worse so now I’m crashing every two minutes. Looking forward to the fix!

Client Crashing

Posted by: Deer.1504

Deer.1504

Hey all,

-Matt

Thank you so much!

I hadn’t been on GW2 in a while due to RL schedule (To be honest, the new hairstyles are what tempted me but now I’m up and – trying – to play again! ) and was a bit upset to find that I crashed every 5 minutes. I’m glad it’s being looked into! Thanks!!

Client Crashing

Posted by: AlphaDawn.9042

AlphaDawn.9042

I have been an avid player since launch date and have not had ANY issues running game until recently …. Game crashes / freezes about every 5 min to 30 min while playing especially in WVW .. It will either freeze then immediatly log me out as if I had never started game or mostly it will freeeze and I have no control except for cursor but cannot access my computer so I have to do a hard shut down by pressing and holding the pwr button on the computer to do a restart… This is on a late 2013 MacPro 15" just opened Feb. 2nd.. With Dedicated 2 GB graphics and 16Gb 1600 hz memory … Used to run on a 13" 2008 MacPro and never had any issues aside from some minor slide show frame rate issues but, NEVER any shutdown or freeze … I am suprised that Tech support has not addressed this issue yet . Does any one have any ideas to bring about a faster response from GW2 on this …

Client Crashing

AlphaDawn.9042

Hey all,

-Matt

Client Crashing

AlphaDawn.9042

Thnx Matt for getting on this … Hope you and the other members of the team are able to find this fix ASAP …

Client Crashing

Posted by: Topaz.4291

Topaz.4291

I have been an avid player since launch date and have not had ANY issues running game until recently …. Game crashes / freezes about every 5 min to 30 min while playing especially in WVW .. It will either freeze then immediatly log me out as if I had never started game or mostly it will freeeze and I have no control except for cursor but cannot access my computer so I have to do a hard shut down by pressing and holding the pwr button on the computer to do a restart… This is on a late 2013 MacPro 15" just opened Feb. 2nd.. With Dedicated 2 GB graphics and 16Gb 1600 hz memory … Used to run on a 13" 2008 MacPro and never had any issues aside from some minor slide show frame rate issues but, NEVER any shutdown or freeze … I am suprised that Tech support has not addressed this issue yet . Does any one have any ideas to bring about a faster response from GW2 on this …

To be honest, I think they’re working on it as much as they can. Programming and stuff isn’t always easy, and sometimes its hard to properly and fully identify something. Pretty sure they want to fix it and have it still stable so other things like this don’t arise.

Client Crashing

Posted by: SteeleRose.4136

SteeleRose.4136

So I just updated. The crashes are very annoying. I can’t typically do much more than a few minutes.

MacPro (2010) with 24 gb of ram and 8 cores so I doubt it’s system resources.

Client Crashing

Posted by: normyp.8671

normyp.8671

Thank you for looking after us!!! Not that big a deal, please don’t stress workers out over this, let them fix it in their own time!

Client Crashing

Posted by: SteeleRose.4136

SteeleRose.4136

To be honest, I think they’re working on it as much as they can. Programming and stuff isn’t always easy, and sometimes its hard to properly and fully identify something. Pretty sure they want to fix it and have it still stable so other things like this don’t arise.

One of the hardest things in tracking down a problem is recreating the issues. That isn’t the problem here I think. With so many people having issues with crashing being able to recreate it should hopefully be a snap.

I don’t know what debugging tools their using but unfortunately the client is not creating crash logs as far as I can tell. I don’t see any on the system. At least not for these crashes. So without an attached debugger during the time of execution they may not figure out what exactly is causing the crashes.

Mel

Client Crashing

Posted by: Valenar.8920

Valenar.8920

Game crashing after 3/18 patch as well.

Reset the /Libary/Application Support/Guildwars2 folder. Noticed that after doing that the loader installed a patch again. This seemed to help but the crashes came back.

Symptom: this is quiet crash initially. The game just disappears.

After a while, it turns into a c00000005 crash error. (which is what made me reset the Guidlwars 2 folder). I believe the silent crashes are corrupting the cider stuff.

At least the FPS problem is fixed.

Client Crashing

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

I reset the /Libary/Application Support/Guildwars2 folder like the above poster with the hope I’d have time to see the cemetery in LA. I still crashed within a minute, but this time I got a C00…00094 error. Progress! I also noticed with iStat menus that my CPU usage completely topped out during the crash.

I know I just need to be patient, but there’s so much I want to see in the new LA. My patience is childish at the minute.

Client Crashing

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

My game keeps crashing without error msgs. The screen just freezes…

Client Crashing

Posted by: Mark Ryan.1078

Mark Ryan.1078

same. pretty consistently in wvw.

Golden- chill thief/engi

Client Crashing

Posted by: GreyCat.5823

GreyCat.5823

Same for me, even in black citadel, no matter of graphic settings.
Crash after less then minute after loading location.

Client Crashing

Posted by: Gremlins.6290

Gremlins.6290

Just adding my +1 here. No issue for the past couple of months or so, crashing randomly now since the 3/18 update, without anything I can see that triggers it consistently. :/ It would be nice to have some sort of ETA for a fix (since they may have identified the issue…)

Client Crashing

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Same here, game is unplayable. Crashes every 15 minutes or so since the new patch today.

Client Crashing

Posted by: Sykotic.2596

Sykotic.2596

Same issue for me, game crashes every 5 minutes or so. There’s no error message that I can see, game just freezes and crashes to desktop.

iMac 27"
3.4 GHz Intel Core i7
8 GB Ram
AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2 GB
Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5

Client Crashing

Posted by: MageIanBorthwick.3054

MageIanBorthwick.3054

I have the PERFECT solution for this problem!

MAKE AN OS NATIVE CLIENT AND DITCH THE kitten CIDER!

Problem solved and you don’t have to pay me.

The Elder Scrolls Online is looking mighty nice right about now.

Client Crashing

Posted by: Tintin.1923

Tintin.1923

same as well.
Crashes many times after the 18/3 update.
rMBP 15, 2013

Client Crashing

Posted by: Phil.1039

Phil.1039

I’m jealous of those that can play for 15 minutes. Mine is now quitting consistently within seconds. No error message.

Client Crashing

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

I’ve found that if my character is still for more than 2 minutes sometimes, I get kicked from the server. I don’t know if the disconnection is linked to the client crashes but both have been happening from the same time for me.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Client Crashing

Posted by: nurmoo.6984

nurmoo.6984

I still crash after 2 min i log in…..and after 5 hours Arenanet say nothing about….

Client Crashing

Posted by: Naqaj.6219

Naqaj.6219

The Elder Scrolls Online is looking mighty nice right about now.

At least this weekend, it was crashing more often for me than GW2. Native client is not a guarantee for stability. Still would be nice though …

Client Crashing

Posted by: Ravenger.9056

Ravenger.9056

Thanks for the update Matt.

Client Crashing

Posted by: Oogo.4083

Oogo.4083

same here, last night i ran fractal with at least crashing 7 times,,,,t his morning i got crashed on same spot again and again in ac dungeon ,,,, after 8th time my pug group kicked me,,,, please fix,,,,,the game is unplayable,,,, it get craned dancing in vigil keep…..

Client Crashing

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

is this fixed yet?

Client Crashing

Posted by: execullent.8560

execullent.8560

No i just tried a few min ago !

I want good GW2 client for MAC why itsnt possible?!!

Client Crashing

Posted by: DanNoland.6057

DanNoland.6057

Same here; Mid11 27" iMac i5 12Gb Ram.

This is the second update which locks the mac users out. This is not a little bug…we are not exaggerating, the game can’t be played. It stays just a game but it’s really dissapointing that the updates are not tested on a Mac System before launching them. The critical bugs as the FPS crash, the tradepost unavailability and now the game crash could have been avoided by simply running the game on a Mac. Please do that in future…

Anyway….Thanks for your attention, Matt.

Client Crashing

Posted by: Vampirate.7054

Vampirate.7054

i can’t wait for the new hairstyles on my toons. =)
Mac Pro Late 2013
4 cores
16GB ram

(edited by Vampirate.7054)

Client Crashing

execullent.8560

I think we will wait 2 days min

Client Crashing

Posted by: Danko.9602

Danko.9602

Exception: c0000005

Client Crashing

Posted by: Rosie.5612

Rosie.5612

Hello i have same problem since last patch about 5 pm.. every 5-10 minutes crashed, nothing work - reinstal, repair, nothing ... and must manually restart pc every time because its just stuck.. Is possible fix it soon please? I’m sad :(

Client Crashing

Posted by: shakes.7923

shakes.7923

Hello i have same problem since last patch about 5 pm.. every 5-10 minutes crashed, nothing work – reinstal, repair, nothing … and must manually restart pc every time because its just stuck.. Is possible fix it soon please? I’m sad

Are you getting this problem on a PC?

I’m on a MBP 17inch and have been having this problem now for around 24hrs since last update, Does any know if anyone is doing anything about this or is this Matt dude on his own fixing it

Client Crashing

Posted by: normyp.8671

normyp.8671

Hello i have same problem since last patch about 5 pm.. every 5-10 minutes crashed, nothing work – reinstal, repair, nothing … and must manually restart pc every time because its just stuck.. Is possible fix it soon please? I’m sad

I’m on a MBP 17inch and have been having this problem now for around 24hrs since last update, Does any know if anyone is doing anything about this or is this Matt dude on his own fixing it

Haha imagine if the Mac Tech team was one guy… that would be priceless.

Client Crashing

Posted by: Luimes.4281

Luimes.4281

Priceless? Or maybe reality?

what is meme

Client Crashing

Rosie.5612

Guys.. idk what is this thing its just big and have apple here.. And my game is frozen every 10 minutes..

Client Crashing

Posted by: Cuzican.3942

Cuzican.3942

Hran.7458

FYI … You can save yourself the restarts.
Control>Command>Tab …. When it freezes. Go to Utilities ….. Activity Monitor ….
Highlight GW2 and Force Quit process.

Client Crashing

Rosie.5612

Hran.7458

FYI … You can save yourself the restarts.
Control>Command>Tab …. When it freezes. Go to Utilities ….. Activity Monitor ….
Highlight GW2 and Force Quit process.

Thank you so much!!!!

Client Crashing

Posted by: Romana.4751

Romana.4751

My Mac has been shutting down the game client since the new patch as well. It will usually freeze, then give me a black screen before the error message will pop up. Sometimes, it is so bad that my other applications seem to freeze up for a moment as well. The location does not seem to matter since I encountered that area twice in Fields of Ruin and once at Bloodtide Coast.

Information on Mac:
iMac
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac12,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.7 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Boot ROM Version: IM121.0047.B1E

Client Crashing

Posted by: nurmoo.6984

nurmoo.6984

Mac users must change game? I want play…really,Anet don’post any news…
Some suggestions for a nice game i can play good with my Mac?

Client Crashing

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

Actually, they stated (during the PowerPoint Wars 2 patch) that there is no mac tech team. Essentially, this isn’t a beta client. This is a mistake. They can’t come out and say it because it would look bad so they’re doing triage on the client after the patches horribly break the game (likely in their free time).

Honestly, if there was any decent mac MMO coming out in the near future I’d leave (I know the one everyone is thinking but my experiences ruled it out for me). The way it is, I’ll probably keep playing during the week or so that the client actually works between patches and never buy gems again. It is obvious they don’t care about us as a community and as a community we can only do so much to fix the problem ourselves. I have a lot of respect for the community members here who put in so much effort to try to fix this client for ourselves.

Client Crashing

Posted by: Oogo.4083

Oogo.4083

created a asura necromancer,,,,, it crashed 8 times until i could finish the tutorial part,,, then it crashes every 20 minute,,,, crash seems to be more constant in dungeon or fractal, normal pve, farming and levelling it takes more 40 minute before it crash,,,,, also crash when i use the airship pass to go on that airship in gandarranfield,,,,, please fix,,,,

Client Crashing

execullent.8560

UGLY MAC CLIENT !!!

UGLY PATCHES LAST TIMES- ITS PVP GAME!!!!

ARENA NET REALY WHAT ARE U DOING FOR BETTER GAMEPLAY AND BETTER PVP & WWW????

THERE ARE NO SOME GREAT IDEAS ONLY UPDATE STORY STORY ( NEW ITEMS IN SHOP:D:D:D AND BUY CRYSTALS FOR $$$)

ITS CALLED GUILDWARS 2,,,,, NOT GUILD PVP2!!!!
YOU CAN ALWAYS GO TO WOW AND GET NEW CONTENT EVERY MONTH AND OH WAIT BUT THEN U HAVE TO PAY 15 DOLLAR HMMMM SO HERE U DONT HAVE TO PAY AND IF U DONT WANT TO BUY kitten ON GEMSTORE ITS UR CHOICE, HAVE SOME SELF-CONTROL,,,,, OH AND THERE TONS OF PEOPLE OUT THETRE WHO DONT GIVE A kitten ABOUT PVP OR WVW,,,,, THERE YOU GO

AND LASTLY THIS IS FOR MAC BETA PROBS FORUM,,,, GO TROLL SOMEWHERE ELSE,,,,

Its not trolling its true!!!
They do nothing especially for mac users!