Client Crashing

Client Crashing

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

created a asura necromancer,,,,, it crashed 8 times until i could finish the tutorial part,,, then it crashes every 20 minute,,,, crash seems to be more constant in dungeon or fractal, normal pve, farming and levelling it takes more 40 minute before it crash,,,,, also crash when i use the airship pass to go on that airship in gandarranfield,,,,, please fix,,,,

I’ve seen no discernible pattern to the crashes. I crash most frequently in the Grove (ranging from 3 seconds to 30 seconds). In LA I crash after about 5 minutes. Maybe it has something to do with loading objects or something (the Grove has a lot of little objects all over the place). I don’t know.

Client Crashing

Posted by: nurmoo.6984

nurmoo.6984

Maybe Matt after 11 hours can say something

Client Crashing

Nageth.5648

Lets keep in mind that the devs are on the west coast (PST). I highly doubt they had anyone working on this in the middle of the night. It is still 6 am there so we probably won’t hear anything about this for another 6 hours at least. Going by increasing degradation of the mac “beta” client I expect to see a solution in a few days. So lets adjust our expectations and go find something fun to do in the mean time (I’ve been having a blast with the new D3 loot system).

Client Crashing

Posted by: Ookmanchu.9218

Ookmanchu.9218

Same, found an old thread ( a year) where this was happening to mac users, bumped it as the solution in there may help some of you, sadly it has not helped me. C0000005 as well here. still trying to see if i can fix.

Sad as its never had a problem once until this update

Client Crashing

Posted by: Luimes.4281

Luimes.4281

SOON…………….

what is meme

Client Crashing

Posted by: domness.6719

domness.6719

I tried repair, which did not work. Now i am re installing the game. Hope this issue can be fixed

Have you red the mods post? He says reinstalling won’t fix the issue, so don’t waste your time! It’s something wrong with the code that runs the game, so there’s nothing you can really do about it until an update arrives.

[OP] Optimise

Client Crashing

Posted by: Danko.9602

Danko.9602

I wouldn’t uninstall and redownload as it wouldn’t do anything good.

Hey all,

Just checking in to let everyone know we believe we have identified the issue and we are working on getting it in the next hotfix. If this changes, I will let everyone know.

I also want to let you know that uninstalling/reinstalling the client will not fix this crash, so I just ask that everyone hang tight until we can get this fix rolled out to you all.

I appreciate everyone’s patience as I know how frustrating this can be.

-Matt

Client Crashing

Posted by: shakes.7923

shakes.7923

Ok1 don’t know if this will help you all but I have logged on and haven’t crash as of yet, what i have done is to lower the graphics to ‘Best Performance’.. well until Anet have sorted this….. hope this helps a few of you

Client Crashing

Posted by: Flint.5620

Flint.5620

Thank you for working on getting this fixed for us.

Just another toon trying to get by in a sea of flashy pixels.

Client Crashing

Posted by: Kioshi.6597

Kioshi.6597

Hey all,

Just checking in to let everyone know we believe we have identified the issue and we are working on getting it in the next hotfix. If this changes, I will let everyone know.

I also want to let you know that uninstalling/reinstalling the client will not fix this crash, so I just ask that everyone hang tight until we can get this fix rolled out to you all.

-Matt

Wow!
I have not yet experienced this problem myself but I just wanted to say I’m very impressed at the quick response and useful information you provided. Compared with the previous mac related issue (frame drop) this is handled very well!
I’m impressed, please keep up the good work in general and on the mac community as well!

Client Crashing

Posted by: Luimes.4281

Luimes.4281

Hey all,

-Matt

Wow!
I have not yet experienced this problem myself but I just wanted to say I’m very impressed at the quick response and useful information you provided. Compared with the previous mac related issue (frame drop) this is handled very well!
I’m impressed, please keep up the good work in general and on the mac community as well!

The amount of sarcasm is almost unbearable.

what is meme

Client Crashing

Posted by: Kioshi.6597

Kioshi.6597

Hey all,

-Matt

Wow!

The amount of sarcasm is almost unbearable.

Honestly no sarcasm. Compared to previous support this is very good. Though it does of course depend on when the “hotfix” arrives and if it did fix it. Took 2 weeks to fix the low fps problem with about no response the first week.

Client Crashing

Posted by: PHOENIX.2847

PHOENIX.2847

I was playing gw2 very smooth for 3 months on my macbook pro and I having crash over and over after yesterday patch(03/18/2014). Please check and fix it asap. Thanks.

Client Crashing

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

I don’t know if this is the same thing – but I’m getting ‘Connection to server lost’ disconnections that happens exactly 120 seconds from staying idle but with no “You will be kicked in 50 seconds” warning in yellow text. If I move my character about and fight as normal, I am usually ok – but I am not a shark – I would like to be able to play without the need for constant movement!

Is is particularly problematic when wanting to complete personal story as you are ‘idle’ whilst the video conversation is playing, making it disconnect as soon as the video has finished. I know my internet connection is fine as I’ve been able to watch seamlessly the budget live on my iMac instead of on TV just to make sure.

I’ve also been getting the client crashes with the warning box too, but not as frequent as the ‘timed disconnections’ bug I’ve been getting, both since the patch.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Client Crashing

Posted by: shev.9361

shev.9361

Today was the only day i could get off from work this week and every 20 mins my game crashes! get it sorted out GW.

Client Crashing

Posted by: terylbrat.7589

terylbrat.7589

Thanks for getting on the issue so quickly. The game is utterly unplayable and I’m on spring break, lol. Of course the only time I’m free to play is when the game is broken. Next week, back to a couple hours of game time per week, if that.

Edit: My play time before the crash is <1 minute. If I had a full 20 minutes, I’d be ecstatic. Also when I have it in the foreground it mostly does the freeze screen and I have to force quit. If I pull something up such that the window is in the background, it crashes properly (if there is such a thing) and exits itself. Doubt that helps, but that’s all I’ve got.

(edited by terylbrat.7589)

Client Crashing

Posted by: philwillprevail.4319

philwillprevail.4319

Yep, I’m crashing constantly. Once every 10 minutes since the new patch yesterday. I’ve got a brand new iMac maxed out, no reason for it to be on my end. I used to get errors with the crash before yesterdays patch everyone once in a while when entering largely populated areas. Since the patch there is no error code and it happen even when in pvp.

Please fix it.

Client Crashing

Posted by: Blink.9361

Blink.9361

I’m glad it’s not me. When I’m doing any activity the game becomes a slideshow-fest and freezes causing me to force quit and restart.

Client Crashing

Posted by: Leszek.5028

Leszek.5028

Here on my MBP Early 2011 is crashing as well. I just started playing again @3:00PM and game crashed @3:08PM, after 8 minutes. I really hope they will release a hotfix tonight ASAP as I want to play tonight for a few hours. Very annoying bug.

Client Crashing

Posted by: Hollow.9758

Hollow.9758

UGLY MAC CLIENT !!!

UGLY PATCHES LAST TIMES- ITS PVP GAME!!!!

ARENA NET REALY WHAT ARE U DOING FOR BETTER GAMEPLAY AND BETTER PVP & WWW????

THERE ARE NO SOME GREAT IDEAS ONLY UPDATE STORY STORY ( NEW ITEMS IN SHOP:D:D:D AND BUY CRYSTALS FOR $$$)

ITS CALLED GUILDWARS 2,,,,, NOT GUILD PVP2!!!!
YOU CAN ALWAYS GO TO WOW AND GET NEW CONTENT EVERY MONTH AND OH WAIT BUT THEN U HAVE TO PAY 15 DOLLAR HMMMM SO HERE U DONT HAVE TO PAY AND IF U DONT WANT TO BUY kitten ON GEMSTORE ITS UR CHOICE, HAVE SOME SELF-CONTROL,,,,, OH AND THERE TONS OF PEOPLE OUT THETRE WHO DONT GIVE A kitten ABOUT PVP OR WVW,,,,, THERE YOU GO

AND LASTLY THIS IS FOR MAC BETA PROBS FORUM,,,, GO TROLL SOMEWHERE ELSE,,,,

“have some self control” coming from the dip using all caps through his entire comment. We mac users have every kitten right to complain about being sold a “beta” client that is actually a port. This forum is FOR mac client problems. And nobody has to go back to WoW, Elder Scrolls Online is going to have a mac native client. I’m done spending money on gems in the store. Sound good too you?

By Odins fine whiskers!
27-inch, 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048 MB, OS X 10.8.2

Client Crashing

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Can we not just express our concerns in a polite and friendly manner? If we shout and scream, call each other names and say “Mac Client is This” and “ArenaNet are that” it’s not going to get it fixed any sooner.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Client Crashing

Posted by: DFassa.7981

DFassa.7981

I’m having the same issue as everyone else here. While it has been acknowledged and a fix is in the works, I am motivated to post to add to the count of people having this issue. During the FPS drop I was very frustrated and angry. I really enjoy this game and being unable to play because of very similar issue (patches not being tested on mac) just makes me sad. I don’t have the energy to be angry anymore, just disappointed.

Client Crashing

Posted by: Takimoto.5417

Takimoto.5417

I’m also having this problem for GW2 on Mac, as of the March 18th patch.

I’m running:

OS X version 10.8.5

2.3 GHz i7

16 GB RAM

Nvidia GeForce GT 650M, 1 GB vRAM

Just an average WvW/GvG player.

http://youtube.com/sonspring

Client Crashing

Posted by: Hollow.9758

Hollow.9758

After having 2 comments deleted for really, no reason. I think i’m done here. It’s only a matter of months until this happens again.

By Odins fine whiskers!
27-inch, 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2048 MB, OS X 10.8.2

Client Crashing

Posted by: laurenladypants.3481

laurenladypants.3481

Sigh. Same problem as everyone else. I really wish they’d fix this by now.

Client Crashing

Posted by: execullent.8560

execullent.8560

We will be wait a lot of time

Client Crashing

Posted by: felfyrefly.1057

felfyrefly.1057

Same issue pretty much as all above. Client updated, played game for 10 minutes or so and game froze while jumping to Vista, error: c00000005. Rebooted game almost immediately. Played for about 2 minutes. Warped to Rata Sum and posted some items to Trading Post. Froze mid trade to error: c00000005.

On second error computer logged out of user account without prompting.

Client Crashing

Posted by: Mossy Gargoyle.3274

Mossy Gargoyle.3274

It is hard to believe the devs didn’t catch this issue during play testing on the mac client. Unless….

Would this patch have rolled out if PC players crashed every few minutes? Obviously not.

Once again, Mac users get treated like second-class citizens.

Client Crashing

Posted by: TheBlackerSheep.6358

TheBlackerSheep.6358

Same for me, client crashing every few min. I hope they fix this soon.

Client Crashing

Posted by: DFassa.7981

DFassa.7981

I feel like if Anet asked there would be an army of Mac users willing to help test new patches for free. Not sure why they wouldn’t go down that route.

Client Crashing

Posted by: Arion.5812

Arion.5812

Same here, game is unplayable also for me… Crashes every 15 minutes…

Client Crashing

Posted by: Zamfir.8462

Zamfir.8462

Just to keep peeps in the loop…

I’d opened a ticket right after the patch dropped.

Very quickly I received several responses.

Admittedly, the first few we’re sorting out the basic “remove application support files” and “run a repair in the terminal”, but after sending in crash logs and other data (and I’m sure the growing number of posts here) they realized this was a serious and wide spread issue, and I was informed that they were working on the hot fix. On top of that, I’ve received another email today letting me know they are working on the hot fix. Nothing more than the official post above, but I feel happy to be kept in the loop.

Now, this doesn’t mean I’m happy given the choice of losing my laurels for the daily, or struggling to achieve it between regular crashes …

… but considering tech support on any other product, and ANet with responses within the hour and regular follow ups…

… I’m finding it hard to be 100% bitter.

Now, was this tested before release? I highly doubt it. This cannot have passed a good neutral test on a Mac.

That being said, I’d rather have a wine/cider client that has worked fine so far, than no mac client and my only choice being to suck it up and use boot camp.

So: tldr; Pleased? No! Understanding? More than others. Patient? For now.

(edited by Zamfir.8462)

Client Crashing

Posted by: normyp.8671

normyp.8671

Mac users must change game? I want play…really,Anet don’post any news…
Some suggestions for a nice game i can play good with my Mac?

Loads of decent games for Mac on steam. I’m currently addicted… (I’ve been playing for 3 hours straight!) to Starbound it is PROPER good. Soo much better than Terraria or Minecraft… There’s always Civ V or IV and Lord of the Rings online.

Client Crashing

Posted by: JRM.6218

JRM.6218

Another patch, another f. This is very frustrating.

GTX 680 MX

Client Crashing

Nageth.5648

Mac users must change game? I want play…really,Anet don’post any news…
Some suggestions for a nice game i can play good with my Mac?

Loads of decent games for Mac on steam. I’m currently addicted… (I’ve been playing for 3 hours straight!) to Starbound it is PROPER good. Soo much better than Terraria or Minecraft… There’s always Civ V or IV and Lord of the Rings online.

Yeah, Starbound is great. Only problem is the server setup is still a bit of a pain (well it was last time I played it but the game is very much being actively developed so maybe it is better now). EVE Online is fun if you’re looking for some PvP and if you have a friend who plays ask them for a referral and you’ll get more free play time. Other than that, D3 expansion is coming out soon and the new loot system is really improved.

But back to the subject, I do think we should probably just back off and play another game for a while and wait to hear from Anet as far as when they fix this issue. Help with everyones’ sanity, probably.

Client Crashing

Posted by: msbehnke.3960

msbehnke.3960

Do you mac tech support guys need some nourishments to help progress the fix? Please post local coffee and pizza delivery places so we can get some to you guys ASAP :-)

Mathaais, Guardian [WolF] IoJ Commander

Client Crashing

Posted by: Insidyous.6371

Insidyous.6371

I have not had a problem before, until last patch ever since then I get constant disconnections EX. Exception: c0000005
A serious error has occurred that prevented the application from continuing. A report has been sent to ArenaNet to help determine the cause.

Client Crashing

Posted by: Kyven.7514

Kyven.7514

Running a 2011 Macbook air, OSX 10.9.1, 1.8 Ghz Intel i7, 4 gb RAMM.

I am not crashing per se but I am freezing. Froze once yesterday during the Aftermath cutscenes after about 20 minutes (when Majory’s sister showed up). I froze 4 times today while doing dailies; also around every 15-20 minutes. Twice in Ashford flamethrowering enemies; once in Metrica underwater killing enemies (got ripped out of karma for the event I was doing ) and once in Hoelbrak just doing crafting. The client simply locks up and no amount of force quitting will get it to stop; meaning I have to restart my entire mac.

My boyfriend (with the exact identical mac I have) has gotten no crashing whatsoever. So what the heck.

Lareswen-Human Warrior/Zinnia Epsilon-Asura Mesmer
The Tyrian Institute (TI)
One of the few Americans on Gunnar’s Hold (EU)

Client Crashing

Posted by: Danko.9602

Danko.9602

From what I have read this (c0000005) error has occured on Windows as well at earlier stages. If you want you can read about it here under part 5.5.

Client Crashing

Posted by: lakey.9037

lakey.9037

Updating from a ticket I submitted in this morning from support team

Hello!

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention, I wanted to let you know that we believe we have identified the issue with the Mac Beta Client for Guild Wars 2 and we are working on getting it in the next hotfix. Please keep an eye on the following forum post for the most up to date information:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/mac/Client-Crashing-2/page/4#post3778719

Matt will post as we get updates on this issue from our programmers.

I also want to let you know that uninstalling/reinstalling the client will not fix this crash, so I just ask that you bear with us until we can get this fix rolled out to you all.

I appreciate your patience as I know how frustrating this can be.

Regards,

Kenda
Guild Wars 2 Support Team
http://support.guildwars2.com/

They ask me to keep a eye on this thread for the fix… So… here I am..

Client Crashing

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

if they hold true to form for other hotfixen, it’s usually the next afternoon (not counting the goat rope that the last LS update was… that was way more hotfixin’ than usual)

Client Crashing

Posted by: Kamikae.9536

Kamikae.9536

if they hold true to form for other hotfixen, it’s usually the next afternoon (not counting the goat rope that the last LS update was… that was way more hotfixin’ than usual)

Here’s the thing they already said they identified the issue, they have a legion of programmers in fact they are still hiring more last I heard, and many ArenaNet employees are avid Mac users. They have the resources to fix this in a matter of hours tops. And we all know if it was a windows issue it would have been hot fixed last night within 45 mins of launch.

rMBP 15-inch, Late 2013 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

Client Crashing

Posted by: manaflux.4986

manaflux.4986

bleh…

still crashing

x_x!!

Client Crashing

Posted by: Ellipih.6021

Ellipih.6021

Same problem here. It just freezes over after a few minutes of gameplay. It doesn’t even shut itself down until I go to my ‘force quit’. Didn’t have this problem before the new patch.
I play on a macbook pro laptop from 2011

Client Crashing

Posted by: Koi.2570

Koi.2570

Any idea when this will be fixed? I’m on Spring break and I really was planning on getting a lot done in game

Client Crashing

KarateKid.5648

Here’s the thing they already said they identified the issue, they have a legion of programmers in fact they are still hiring more last I heard, and many ArenaNet employees are avid Mac users. They have the resources to fix this in a matter of hours tops. And we all know if it was a windows issue it would have been hot fixed last night within 45 mins of launch.

I’m just stating past performance.

Add on top of identification and coding change control procedures and bureaucracy. After seeing a horrid example of LACK of change procedures in Turbine hotfixes, I prefer a little bureaucracy.

Client Crashing

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

Judging by how quickly this post got replies, I’m gonna guess that it affects all macs.
So… I’m curious how a bug like this got past the mac testing phase of this patch.

Client Crashing

Posted by: RKyrk.4761

RKyrk.4761

getting tired of this…

1 close 1 animal 1 far rest mid

Client Crashing

KarateKid.5648

Judging by how quickly this post got replies, I’m gonna guess that it affects all macs.
So… I’m curious how a bug like this got past the mac testing phase of this patch.

Actually not all – there’s at least one post above that states a poster and her boyfriend use identical Macs and he doesn’t have the issue. My son’s machine’s the same as mine, and HE’s not having issues (or he’s blind, one of the two).

CORRECTION: his screen’s 13" vs. 15"… my bad

(edited by KarateKid.5648)

Client Crashing

Posted by: Gryftor.8370

Gryftor.8370

Fix this kittening bugg kitten … i play tournaments, and i get thrown out the game twice per match.. wtf is this, get your kitten together ANET!