Constant screen crashing

Constant screen crashing

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Evon Skyfyre.9673

Evon Skyfyre.9673

With every new update comes many players. Many, many players. I have no problems with playing in between the game updates, (new content etc), but.. when they occur, the screen goes to a weird color and sometimes is able to reset it’s self, but 9 times out of 10 it locks up and requires a hard start/ipl/off on.

In the past I have reported this and I have done as requested. The suggested fixes do not help, but miraculously all my problems end when the server loads reduce. This has been the case over and over. I read many give the tired answer, “Your system is crap etc..” this is baloney. It runs fine, shows no problems with all tests suggested by Anet etc. I’ve talked with many in the industry (I’m an IT tech for a large company) and they agree it could be as simple as opening up more servers. Ordinarily I would wonder how a screen crash can be linked to server load but all evidence seems to point to them being related. Has anyone else noticed this happening when the server loads are high and very high?

But wait, there’s more.. I’ve read lately that Anet/NcSofts sales have dropped by 35% or more since the previous year. And I further read that the American player base counts for only 1% of their revenue, that Korea is their main market with a 64% share. By now you are saying “yeah so?”. Well if we only represent 1% of their market and they don’t open more servers, is the current state of the game as good as it will get (stability wise)?

I really hope not I used to recommend GW2 to everyone I could, I truly loved GW1. But now I just say I’m taking a break from gaming.. which is a lie but I won’t suggest it and have them be disappointed.

sigh

Added: Are the other servers physical servers or are they layers on the same server? I wonder because it’s been said gw2 uses a modified version of the gw1 engine, and gw1 had districts instead of more servers. If so, this could explain a connection between the issues many have and “server loads”.

(edited by Evon Skyfyre.9673)

Constant screen crashing

Posted by: Leonardo Darnassus.1635

Leonardo Darnassus.1635

Another observation I’ve had is that if I boot up my pc and do nothing but open guild wars 2 i may get up to an hour or so playtime without incident however if I do anything out of game such as opening a folder or web browser it will crash within 5-10 mins

Constant screen crashing

Posted by: Fiontar.4695

Fiontar.4695

I’ve been playing since the first Beta Weekend Event. Currently something like 1600 hours logged since launch over two accounts. I think my game has crashed maybe four times over the last year plus while playing GW2.

Since the patch last night, I’ve crashed twice. One crashed Windows 8 x64 entirely, the latest just crashed to desktop. Sound stutters, screen freezes, then crash.

Beta testing another game today. No crash, so I don’t think it’s a sudden hardware issue. I think it’s related to last night’s patch. Hopefully the error log on the last crash will be helpful, but I wanted to post here so other players with crash issues will know it’s not just them.