Crashing

Crashing

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: IskariotE.8675

IskariotE.8675

This is sick on no matter what setting i play i have ~10fps >_>

Maybe post your specs?

Lenovo Y570 that laggs like creazy || Old PC that works with 30FPS max settings.

i5 2430M (2.4GHz) || Intel Core Quad Q8600 or so (2.3)
GTX 555M 1.6GB VRam || GeForce 9600GT 1gb
8Gb Ram || 8gb ram

I doubt this game has bigger requirements then f.e BF3.

Crashing

Posted by: Lightvision.9357

Lightvision.9357

Thought i should add a few screenies for you guys to see CPU and GPU usage while ingame, not sure if it helps.
As you can see, currently running the game with max settings having 44FPS with both GTX 680s in SLI.
It’s like that in pretty much all areas. In WvW it can drop below 30s, about 26 – 30FPS.

That perfomance would be really okay for me if i wouldn’t have such an high-end PC Setup. In other games i have zero issues.

Cards, the entire PC are correctly setup. Yes the cards are in the right slow, yes the PCIE 3.0 slots give what they can just give.
Yes the ram is correctly Setup to use the QUAD-Channel technology.

Oh and turning V-Sync on or off makes no difference.
Playing in full-screen and changing the default refresh stuff thingies doesn’t make any difference.

To avoid confusion i added the dxdiag again in this post.

you are running windowed fullscreen you are loosing about 15% perfomance because of that alone, change to fullscreen and you should get a boost to your fps

Crashing

Posted by: Eternalglory.1682

Eternalglory.1682

Hi i am using a notebook to play games and as to date there are no games i encountered with the same problem as guild wars 2

CPU : Intel® Core™ i7-2860QM CPU @ 2.50GHz
GPU : GTX 580M GDDR5 2GB ( Latest Beta Driver 304.79 )
RAM : 16GB DDR3 1600MHz

Running on SSD patriot wild fire

Temperature while playing 70c – 85c

Settings were " AUTO DETECT " High and medium settings because it switch itself sometimes.

The problem is when i join a " orange " event or there are lots of people the lag spike started

I never encounter this in Battlefield 3 / World of Warcraft / CS : GO / Darksiders 2 / DOTA 2 etc

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: tesodo.2067

tesodo.2067

Specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit (fully updated)
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 2,40 GHz (8GB RAM)
AMD Radeon HD 5850 (GDDR5 1GB)
Latest DirectX
Letest Official Catalyst Driver 12.8 (using 12.7 Beta makes no difference)

20-25fps with slowdowns, changes in graphics settings make no difference.

Please, review urgently the engine optimization of the game.

Attachments:

(edited by tesodo.2067)

Crashing

Posted by: Mocca.6503

Mocca.6503

Hello, I have the same issues as a majority of people using radeon HD 5xxx Series, mine is a 5850 sapphire toxic, I disabled the overclocking, and when I’m in game, the gpu is used at 100% in most cities, and FPS drops below 10, so it’s unplayable.

My computers specs :
*CPU : AMD FX 8150 Eight Cores @3.6Ghz
*Memory : 8 Gigs DDR3 @1600Mhz
*Video card : AMD Radeon HD 5850 Toxic 2Go
Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3

driver version : Catalyst 12.8 with CAP 2 Profiles

It seems that it’s due to some fixes that you’ve made, because two days ago, I could run @~70 fps in Lion’s Arch, in high settings with no FXAA and no texture sampling.

Dxdiag attached in this post.

Attachments:

(edited by Mocca.6503)

Crashing

Posted by: synopsys.6547

synopsys.6547

Strange thing is that after a while my FPS worsens and drops to ’round 40, I Alt-Tab out and back in, et voila: my FPS is back at a silky smooth 60 (I use vertical sync). Maybe something for the devs to look into why this happens.

Crashing

Posted by: Jamison.7691

Jamison.7691

Our customer support team is prioritizing hacked accounts and other blocking login issues over other types of support requests.

No wonder i got 6 days ticket un answered :/

Crashing

Posted by: sic.2387

sic.2387

CPU: AMD Phenom™ II X4 965 Processor (stock clocks)
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7970 ( XFX – not overclocked)
Memory: 8 GB DDR3 (AMD by Corsair)
Mainboard: 890FXA-UD5

Drivers: Catalyst 12.8, CAP 2 Profiles

Lion’s Arch:
15 to 25 FPS -> maxxed out Settings w/o vsync (CPU@65% GPU@70%)
23 to 27 FPS -> Quality Settings w/o vsync (CPU@60% GPU@ 50%)
38 to 45 FPS -> Performance settings w/o vsync (CPU@55% GPU@29%)

edit: Bad performance not only in Lion’s Arch!

Attachments:

(edited by sic.2387)

Crashing

Posted by: SwiftChocobo.3781

SwiftChocobo.3781

Thanks so much for the reports everyone! Just know that we haven’t forgotten about you all and we’re still looking into this issue. One thing I would like to note, however, is of the many causes for low performance for players with high end graphics cards is that their PCi-Express GPU is plugged into a 1x|4x slot rather than a 16x slot. For players who have recently upgraded their video cards, we recommend ensuring that the GPU is plugged into the proper PCi-Express slot for maximum performance.

Just thought I’d clarify on this a bit.
Chances are, if you have the money and have done enough research to know which of the available cards are ‘high end,’ you probably know what she’s talking about here, and the 1x link bug probably isn’t affecting you.

PCIe lanes are always wired differently, depending on motherboard location and manufacturer specifications. Usually, the very first PCIe lane to the south of the CPU socket is wired for 16×. This is what she means by a 16x socket. Following that, the rest of the PCIe lanes are almost always wired for 8x or 4x, and the very bottom is usually wired for 1×. If you simply just don’t know and can’t find documentation online, you can physically tell how it’s wired by just looking inside the socket at how many gold contact points there are. In a nutshell, a 16x socket will always have gold connectors across the entire length of the plastic.

And as for you guys at Anet, thank you for a reply like this, it’s a welcome change from other developers being silent about problems til the very last minute. But obviously, this bug is not what the majority of high-end graphic card users are suffering. The game is not optimized for kepler cards, and especially not for SLI. It would be nice if Nvidia could give us an ETA on a gw2 optimized driver.

Crashing

Posted by: FearGX.4801

FearGX.4801

My GPU is still at 100% load, still waiting for a patch. My end everything is updated.

Crashing

Posted by: ShTuPm.9358

ShTuPm.9358

Seeing FPS drops all around. Sometimes for no reason whatsoever. Most of the time FPS drops in big WvW skirmishes or particle effects-heavy sPvP fights. Sometimes fps drops in cities, regardless of how populated they are (sometimes it drops to 2-5 and don’t go away until i restart the client. Not log out but restart it). Sometimes it drops in the middle of a event bossfight and sometimes not. The only setting that makes ANY difference when i tweak it is shadows. When i turn them off, i usually gain up from 10 to 18 fps gain, up to maximum of 60 at the Black Citadel’s crafting pit. Otherwise it doesn’t make any difference between other settings. The CPU load seems to be equal and reasonable between the cores. None of the FPS drops are the deal breaker or directly impedes my ability to play PvE or PvP, but they sure are bloody annoying.

CPU: Intel i7-960 @ 3.2Ghz stock
GPU: Nvidia GTX480 inno3D (before somebody says anything, the only game that had fps drops with this gpu was SWTOR and SWTOR’s optimization was in the crapper. GW2’s optimization on the other hand is much, MUCH beter)
RAM: 8 GB DDR3
Motherboard: ASUS P6T Deluxe V2

The game is installed on an Intel 150gb SSD. Have tried it on the usual HDD, got exactly the same results.

Videodriver version: 306.02 beta drivers. Once again, it doesn’t make any difference if i roll back to a previous version. The performance is still the same. That is – embarrassingly and disappointingly bad, until you turn the shadows off completely.

Attachments:

(edited by ShTuPm.9358)

Crashing

Posted by: daztora.6245

daztora.6245

Regardless of settings Ultra and Low, I get the same FPS around 25 – 30 and will drop to as low as 11. My current settings that I have just kept out of frustration with are as follow.

http://i.imgur.com/O9OIN.jpg

Also I strongly disagree with the hardware error that i get on the log in screen regarding drivers and wish for maybe an ignore option, i get the same results using he Beta 304.xxx drivers and the normal 301.xxx one.

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: Rufus Shinra.2351

Rufus Shinra.2351

My specs

i7 960 @ 3.20Ghz
8 Go DDR3 RAM
GTX 560 Ti with driver 306.02
256 Go SSD raid 0
2 monitors (but playing GW only on one and windowed)

Usualy, I run at 50 fps which is ok (should be better imo with that kind of system) and it get down to 15 fps when I participate in a world event or running into LA.

Attachments:

(edited by Rufus Shinra.2351)

Crashing

Posted by: ulfvongunther.8756

ulfvongunther.8756

CPU: Intel G850
VGA: 9600 GT 1024MB (driver version: 306.02)
Mem: 2*4GB Samsung DDR3 1333
Platform: Vista SP2 x64 Updated

Running on “best performance” preset

FPS issues (ie.: FPS lower than 25) came up so far in the Charr Capital, and in Mists PvP.

EDIT Sept.08 .: I’ve most definitely identified the effects causing severe FPS drops: Rain (like in human starting zone around the earth elemental or Battle of Kyhlo) and Fog effect (like in Norn starting zone or Forest of Niflhel).

Thanks for the awesome work lads, keep it up!

Attachments:

(edited by ulfvongunther.8756)

Crashing

Posted by: qluck.1497

qluck.1497

Same problem. It crashes every 15-30 min. If i play PVE and there is no anybody around, i can play much more longer.

I sighted, that i have 1 unique line in my crash report: indication on “Module: ntdll.dll”

(edited by qluck.1497)

Crashing

Posted by: AnoLeg.4120

AnoLeg.4120

VGA: Nvidia Geforce GTX 460
RAM: 2×2
CPU: Dual-Core E6600 3,06 GHz
The best FPS: 30

Crashing

Posted by: Soq.8536

Soq.8536

CPU: AMD FX 8120 @3.1Ghz Overclocked 3.4Ghz
8 GB DDR3 1600
Radeon 7870 2048 MB
Windows 7

All on high with “Supersample” sometimes i’ve got 35 fps – sometimes 14 fps but when i change everything to medium with “native” its still the same

Crashing

Posted by: Brimlor.8741

Brimlor.8741

VGA: Nvidia Geforce GTX 460
RAM: 2×2
CPU: Dual-Core E6600 3,06 GHz
The best FPS: 30

Exactly the same PC.
FPS is also around 30 max (in pve areas but not cities) and in RVR it drops to 2-5…
latest NVIDIA beta driver installed (306.02)

Crashing

Posted by: Mortlach.9135

Mortlach.9135

I already have a support ticket open. Water looks like static electricity [Incident: 120827-007759]

I have uploaded several game advisors & Speccy as requested. Then I was told to update my Chipset driver. My system was built this year. I did it anyway but the game still crashes on Best Appearance.

I am running in Best Performance with no crashes now.

I was getting crashes quite often. My system would crash to vertical lines on the screen then freeze up and would have to be hard reset. Shallow water/marsh/swamp also would look like a flashing/lightning spider web.

I tried going back to Radeon 12.3 drivers but the game still crashes to vertical lines using Best Appearance.

I am once again running 12.8 Catalyst drivers on Best Performance as a work around to the crashes.

Operating System
MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz 33 °C
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM
8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 824MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer INC. P8Z68-V PRO GEN3 (LGA1155) 28 °C
Graphics
XVT473SV (1920×1080@60Hz)
AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series (ATI AIB) 35 °C

Crashing

Posted by: Filbo.5763

Filbo.5763

CPU: i5 3570k at stock clocs 3,5ghz
GPU: Gigabyte windforce 3x OC gtx670
RAM: 8gb
WIndows 7
I am using the latest 306.02 NVIDIA drivers. Settings on ultra (supersampling on, shadows ultra, etc.) at 1080p or low at a much lower resolution, the game performs the same. The fps jump from 24 (massive boss battle, WvW) to 100. I have no problems in other games, but gw2 just makes me cry when the fps drop so much.

|3570k 3.5ghz | Gigabyte Z77-3DH MB | 8gb 1600mhz Kingston HyperX |
Gigabyte Windforce 3x GTX 670 | Antec 900 | Lc Power Prophecy v2 750W |

Crashing

Posted by: Ceallach.8740

Ceallach.8740

Getting average 8-11fps with very good internet connection (Lowest settings)

Unfortunately, it looks like you only have the HD Graphics with the i3 540. This is well below the minimum requirements and what would be expected for the 540’s Intel HD trying to run GW2 at 1920×1080. Sorry.

There is hope ! If this is a desktop and you have at least one open PCIe 2.0 slot, all you need to do is add in a decent GPU and you will see dramatic improvement. Your processor should be able to run the game decently if you get a more powerful graphics card.

However, before upgrading the GPU, do make sure you have a good enough power supply to handle whatever you put in there, or it can ruin the whole machine.

If you start a thread here or on a tech forum, there are many people who can tell you if your PSU can support an upgrade or what you’d need to get to be able to.

Crashing

Posted by: Pucko.8675

Pucko.8675

GeForce 9600GT 1GB
Win 7 64bit
4GB RAM
AMD Athlon II X2 240

It’s a low end computer, I know. But it well enough exceeds the minimum requirements of the game.

I have around 25-30 FPS in PvE situations, except for fights where there are a lot of players on screen, casting stuff.
PvP is also okish, ~20-30 FPS, unless all of the people decide to fight in the same place.

WvW and WvWvW is completely unplayable on this setup, atm.

Attachments:

(edited by Pucko.8675)

Crashing

Posted by: Eweli.1708

Eweli.1708

GeForce 9800GT 512Mb
Win 7 64bit
4GB RAM
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+

Edit: Can hardly get over 15 FPS out of the game, in any situation.(((

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: Kibbles.9813

Kibbles.9813

Same issue here. It’ll drop to 20-30 in WvW over time, but visiting a Vista bumps it back up to 70-80.

i5 2500k (stock speeds)
Nvidia 560Ti (306.02 drivers)
8GB DDR3 – RAM
Windows 7 64-bit

Kynn Snagtooth [TCFM] – Tarnished Coast

Crashing

Posted by: GalYurrr.5481

GalYurrr.5481

Mid to low 20’s or worse in Lion’s Arch in the most stressful areas. This is with high settings, terrain & sky reflections, native rendering and FXAA @1920x1200 + vsync.

Specs:
CPU: Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.7ghz
RAM: 12gb DDR3
GPU: 6990 with 12.8 driver + 12.8 CAP 2 @ stock

Changing the resolution or putting all the settings on low seems to make no difference. Not seeing much difference between turning crossfire on or off either.

Upgrading the cpu to an i5 3750k soon, hope the increased power will help..

Attachments:

(edited by GalYurrr.5481)

Crashing

Posted by: Holesale.2640

Holesale.2640

Same issue here. It’ll drop to 20-30 in WvW over time, but visiting a Vista bumps it back up to 70-80.

i5 2500k (stock speeds)
Nvidia 560Ti (306.02 drivers)
8GB DDR3 – RAM
Windows 7 64-bit

I noticed this Too a few days ago apparently my guildmates don’t have this issue, we can go run around in a small group and id sit at 60-70fps constantly but whenever we get near a big group my fps drops to about 15-20 and stays when we leave the group i can even go to a empty corner of the map yet the low fps still persists then i look at a Vista it was back to normal.

this problem only happens in WvW in PvE sPvP my Fps are is perfect.

CPU: AMD 955 Black Edition/Stock
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 550TI/Stock

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: Kaiser.2095

Kaiser.2095

I can’t play the game at all, pre-purchased it to get the headstart but I could not play it! Average FPS is 3.

System Specs:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3GHz
RAM: 4GB DDR2 @ 332MHz
Motherboard: Asrock G31M-VS2
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 3800 Series

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: nerdonawire.5614

nerdonawire.5614

I’m getting roughly 5fps in any area, regardless of player population and graphical settings. I started testing with everything on the highest settings, and gradually switched every option down, until everything was set to Low. No change. Even flipping the resolution down to the lowest setting does nothing. I’ve updated to the latest Catalyst drivers, and there has been no change in performance. I’m playing this on a laptop that has never had an issue running any game I’ve thrown at it on the highest settings, and my desktop with far worse specs is able to run it at a consistent 40fps at the same settings.

I’m really confused as to how this is possible.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo P7550 2.3GHz
RAM: 4GB
GPU: Mobility Radeon HD 4650

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: CptBadger.5918

CptBadger.5918

One thing I would like to note, however, is of the many causes for low performance for players with high end graphics cards is that their PCi-Express GPU is plugged into a 1x|4x slot rather than a 16x slot.

Both of my cards are in a 16x slot. Yet still, World vs World is a slideshow.

Please oh please, stop playing Bioware and don’t blame it on our rigs.

Crashing

Posted by: Ashley Segovia.8276

Previous

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

Just checking in guys!

We are in no way blaming these performance issues on players’ systems which is exactly why we need to collect this information. This will allow us to see if we can spot any trends and issues with particular set ups and find out where people are experiencing these issues, how often, and most importantly: WHY.

There are some cases of course where someone’s drivers haven’t been updated since 2008 or that their system simply does not meet the minimum requirements though we have not ruled out there are many players who have systems that show no reason for the low performance being experienced.

And so while collecting this information we’re trying to throw out some basic “things to check” to ensure all bases have been covered with these performance issues.

Crashing

Posted by: Bounty.7632

Bounty.7632

Just checking in guys!

We are in no way blaming these performance issues on players’ systems which is exactly why we need to collect this information. This will allow us to see if we can spot any trends and issues with particular set ups and find out where people are experiencing these issues, how often, and most importantly: WHY.

There are some cases of course where someone’s drivers haven’t been updated since 2008 or that their system simply does not meet the minimum requirements though we have not ruled out there are many players who have systems that show no reason for the low performance being experienced.

And so while collecting this information we’re trying to throw out some basic “things to check” to ensure all bases have been covered with these performance issues.

Is there any sort of timeframe for when this will be fixed? I cannot even play the game on my 6950 and the wife is playing fine with her 4650.

I saw that there will be a big update tonight, will this update have anything to attempt to fix performance in it?

Crashing

Posted by: CptBadger.5918

CptBadger.5918

We are in no way blaming these performance issues on players’ systems which is exactly why we need to collect this information.

This is nice to hear. Thanks for the update.

However, what you need to achieve is at least a 100% improvement in framerates regarding heavy populated combat areas (World vs World).

We (well, most of us I guess) all know that is pretty much impossible to achieve in any reasonable timeframe.

Crashing

Posted by: Damien.8496

Damien.8496

Getting 20-25 fps PvE except for big events and WvWvW drops to around 5 fps. This is at low to medium settings. For most settings it doesn’t matter what I set them to. Turning of shadows helps by a couple of frames. Lower textures help a little. Thanks.

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: David.6093

David.6093

Since I started playing GW2, even in the Beta Events, I’ve always had bad FPS.

My Specs Are:

ATI Radeon HD 6950
Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30ghz
10 GB Ram

I had attached DxDiag.txt to this thread.

I have seen videos of people using the exact same Card and CPU as me and they seem to be able to play the game on max settings with good FPS.

I run the game on the LOWEST possible settings and I still get like 15 FPS in towns.
I think it has something to do with the draw distance as my FPS only goes terrible when I look up and around….

My computer can run 6 instances of Diablo 3 all at 60 FPS.
My computer can run 1 instance of Guild Wars 2 at roughly 20 FPS…

Please if anyone could help, this is really stopping me from playing / enjoying this game.

Attachments:

(edited by David.6093)

Crashing

Posted by: Mr Brooks.7958

Mr Brooks.7958

I run guild wars 2 from my laptop i got a little over a month ago and whenever i get on and play it i will be fine for about 10 to 20 min and then the game video will randomly freeze so i press ctrl+alt+del to see whats up and it claims its not responding so i restart the client and it works fine again sometimes up to a few hours but then it will happen again.

Its happened in low density areas and while im playing te main story and ive had times where the game is congested with multiple players on screen and its fine

I have tried a few things to try and fix the problem like makin sure its a trusted file and have full access to my system which all checked out and setting the gw2.exe to a high priority under the process of the task manager but i still seem to be having the problem

Heres my Dxdiag

Attachments:

(edited by Mr Brooks.7958)

Crashing

Posted by: lemonbbq.3610

lemonbbq.3610

Alienware M14xR1
Intel Core i7-2860QM 2.50GHz
8G memory
Windows 7 64-bit
NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M
version 304.79 beta (as recommended at game launcher)

Mostly play at Plains of Ashford and run between there Dark Citadel. Highest fps was around 60 but constant fps spike drop to 15 – 30.

I take the recommended settings

Thanks!!!

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: Creature.9476

Creature.9476

David,

Sorry to hear about your problems. I would reccomend updating to the newest video card drivers (Catalyst 12.8 (I think)) and downloading and installing the newest CAP made available earlier today: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_vista64.aspx

I know it sucks to have other games run well and this game not so much, but keep in mind that it is both on the developers of the game as well as the developers of the hardware to make sure both are optimized to run together.

Knowledge is meant to be shared

Crashing

Mr Brooks.7958

When im idling the game runs about 30-50 fps and but drops to 20-35 fps most of the time when the game is running, not sure what happens when it freezes

Crashing

Posted by: Shadeblast.5231

Shadeblast.5231

This is sick on no matter what setting i play i have ~10fps >_>

Maybe post your specs?

Lenovo Y570 that laggs like creazy || Old PC that works with 30FPS max settings.

i5 2430M (2.4GHz) || Intel Core Quad Q8600 or so (2.3)
GTX 555M 1.6GB VRam || GeForce 9600GT 1gb
8Gb Ram || 8gb ram

I doubt this game has bigger requirements then f.e BF3.

I have the Lenovo Y580 and it works like a charm :o, I do have an i7 and a GTX660M though…

Crashing

Mr Brooks.7958

Here are my computers specs

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Memory: 8.00GB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Graphic: Intel® HD Graphics 4000

Crashing

Posted by: Phaze Delta One.2834

Phaze Delta One.2834

i7 3930k @ 4.5GHZ
EVGA 680 Classified @ 1200MHz (306.02 Beta Drivers)
32GB Corsair Dominator RAM

At most ill get 55 FPS anywhere in the game. The lowest being 30 fps in crowded areas or group events. I have render sampling set to native and reflections set to off. Everthing else is at its highest setting. The game is still playable for the most part. I just expected to be getting better performance with what I have.

(edited by Phaze Delta One.2834)

Crashing

Posted by: Paeroka.7924

Paeroka.7924

I’ve also already submitted the speccy file via the ticket system, but thought I should post here as well, just in case.

I get around 25 FPS – Edit: Those are mostly stable. The highest I’ve seen was 30. I have the settings on “best appearance” but disabled depth blur and post-processing. No vertical sync or frame limiter.

AMD Phenom X4 955BE
8 GB RAM
AMD Radeon 7870 (MSI R7870 Twin Frozr 2GDS). Driver is Catalyst Software Suite 12.8.

Nothing in my system is overclocked except for the graphics card which is overclocked by the manufacturer.

Attachments:

Crashing

Creature.9476

@Mr Brooks

Have you tried updating your drivers? I ask because yours are listed as version 8.15 and the newest driver for your computer and OS is 15.26.

You can find it here: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=21431&ProdId=3498&lang=eng

Crashing

Posted by: thisispatrick.8294

thisispatrick.8294

AMD Phenom II X4 965 C3 stepping stock clocks
ASUS 5870 stock version, stock speeds (up to date driver 12.8)
16G Corsair Vengeance RAM
MSI 790FX GD70 (motherboard)

Dxdiag was attached with my support ticket.

I have to play this game at the lowest possible settings otherwise I’d completely be playing a picture book. Lowest settings nets me 10-50 fps. 50 when I’m looking at the sky or floor… Changing resolution does nothing, still have same FPS issues. Hopefully this is fixed soon otherwise I’m going to go read a children’s picture book instead.

Crashing

Creature.9476

@ThisIsPatrick:

Have you tried downloading and installing the new CAP from http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_vista64.aspx#1

It was released only two days ago and it is being reported to have resolved a lot of people’s FPS issues. (I’m not going to lie, it may do nothing. But hey, a 0.5 MB download and a reboot won’t hurt that much!)

Crashing

Posted by: Countess.3267

Countess.3267

Hey guys – could you please post any crash reports and DxDiags using the spoiler tag? You can find the crash report located in your “Documents” folder. There should be a Guild Wars 2 folder within it and it will be called ArenaNet.log.

This is my attempt to add the ArenaNet.log file.
And the DxDiag.txt file.
EDIT: Including the GW2 Test file too.

I hope this helps sort out the problem.

Please put out a big notice when this problem has been addressed. I’d hate to miss out on the fix.

Cheers.

EDIT: I’ve noticed in later posts that others, with much better systems, are having worse crashes than mine. I simply get pooted out of the game and have the GW2 error screen come up, at which point I send the error to ANet and log in again.

When the crash occurs:
1) Most often when I’m using a waypoint, or heading through a portal from one zone to another. If I have to see a load screen, there is a fair chance I’ll crash. This does not happen every time I use a waypoint/portal. It is almost a certainty to happen if I’ve been playing an hour an use a waypoint/portal.
2) Client crashes also occur if I’ve been flipping back and forth between the map screen a bit. This is not as common as the waypoint/portal crash, but it’s worth noting. Also, sometimes the map comes up as still painted, even though I’ve cleared the area and all the markers. When that happens, it’s a fair promise that the next map view/waypoint/portal will crash the game. (not the PC, the game)
3) For the first time, it happened when I viewed an unseen vista last night. It did not happen again when I logged in and re-viewed the vista. Viewing the vista brought my GPU load up to 90%, but the temp never rose above 70C. The load did not exceed 90%, it merely spiked there, and then went back down.

That’s the best I can offer at this point. I hope this helps the smart programmer people solve the crashing problem. Because it does feel an awful lot like the waiter keeps taking away my meal because he doesn’t like the look of my fork (though the sign outside the restaurant said my fork was more than sufficient for the meal).

(edited by Countess.3267)

Crashing

Posted by: Aristar.4095

Aristar.4095

I mostly get 60-80 fps (with 80Hz/vsync) but I get massive framerate drops when turning camera or with lots of people on the screen. I believe this is VRAM stuttering, and the game needs further optimizations. This happens with both “best appearance” and with everything maxed on supersample and ultra. Same results in both Windows 7 x64 and Windows 8 x64. This shouldn’t be happening on a $1000 video card.

Core i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz (Also tested with overclock removed)
16GB 2133MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690 (306.02 drivers, have also tested 304.x)
SSD

Attached is my dxdiag from Win8, but it should be no different from Win7 since I get equally mediocre performance. (If anyone actually reads my dxdiag, ignore the “AI Suite II.exe” crashes, that’s just one of my motherboard utilities I’ve stripped down to run more minimally in the background)

Attachments:

(edited by Aristar.4095)

Crashing

Posted by: Vaethin.6402

Vaethin.6402

• AMD A8-3870 CPU (4×3.0GHz)
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 (with driver version 306.02, no settings in the control panel have been altered however)
  • 8GB DDR3 RAM
  • GW2 is installed on a decent SSD.
  • Win7

You guys should already have the dxdiag from the support ticket I wrote yesterday :p

Crashing

Posted by: Rev.8103

Rev.8103

I’m runing:
i5-2500k 3.3ghz
16gb ram
460gtx 1gb
win 7

I would like to add that I boosted my fps by forcing the phys-x to be done on my graphics card. Doing so dropped my cpu usage from 100% to 50%. However, my graphics card still is maxed out.

Also, my card only thinks it is maxed out. When the loader comes up (game isn’t up, just the login client), my gpu jumps to 85-95% load. So, either that is onekittenimpressive splash screen that it taxes my gpu more than other games do. Or, the game is confusing my card into think it is using resources it isn’t. I mean forcing phys-x onto the gpu instead of the cpu increased fps, despite the gpu being at “100%” previously.

Nothing is being throttled as far as I can tell. I’ve disabled throttling and monitored speeds. They are all still clocking appropriately.

One final note, changing settings between minimum and high results in a difference of maybe 5 fps.

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: Xpander.5729

Xpander.5729

20-40 fps in open areas without much action around
10-20 fps with the huge action
15-25 in the cities
1920×1080 resolution, all high, render: sky and terrain only, shadows: low, Depth field: off, vertical sync: off

AMD Phenom II x4 955 @ 3,4Ghz
8GB DDR3 @ 1600mhz
Nvidia GTX 560 Ti 1GB (304.43 linux drivers)
Wine: 1.5.12 raw3+awsomium patched

yes i know that running on linux is not officially support, just wanted to throw that in, cuz it seems that its having similar issues like windows users do have.
1 note is that the game seems to use only 1 of my 4 cores. setting all graphic details to low gives me about 2-5 fps more. core utilization seems to be the issue here not the GPU part.

and my dxdiag(wine generated)

Attachments: