in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Disguised.3492

Disguised.3492

Still crashing … repeatedly.

Crashing

Posted by: Cailais.5180

Cailais.5180

Still crashing – the game is essentially unplayable.

When is this issue going to be fixed?

C.

Crashing

Posted by: Talizmyn.9560

Talizmyn.9560

I have similar crashing issues, recently made worse the last few days. Beta was much more stable.

Crashing

Posted by: raahk.2786

raahk.2786

Can’t get an answer anywhere with the black screen crash. I hit play, game crashes, black screen, have to hard reboot my computer. I haven’t played in three or four days now.

I just wanted to play, and I can’t even do that. I’ve tried everything that I know of except the “-repair” thing since for some reason it won’t let me set that as a target.

Crashing

Posted by: Fey.7610

Fey.7610

I moved to ATI, feels good man!

Crashing

Posted by: James Quall.6029

James Quall.6029

I moved to ATI, feels good man!

I’m pretty sure this is probably the only solution. I’ve had crashing issues since the first beta weekend and I’ve been sending in crash reports ever since. I had a ticket opened during beta that was closed without any actual response and then an almost identical ticket that has been opened for close to a month now that isn’t really going anywhere and looks pretty content to stay that way.

After doing an assigned battery of tests that I guess didn’t reveal any apparent problems I’m starting to lose hope that any solution will emerge for me besides hardware replacement.

Crashing

Posted by: Twobitt.7812

Twobitt.7812

I………..WANT…………..MY………………MONEY………………BACK

Crashing

Posted by: Samanar.3265

Samanar.3265

Please do something with those constant crashes when loading zones. Good thing that the game loads so fast, but still it’s pretty annoying, not to mention THE CRASH when I was loading Eternal Battlegrounds after 3h wait in queue to show WvW to my wife. Some plates and mugs around me got smashed against the wall…

I’m playing on E8200 and GeForce 8800GT (not GTS or GTX) with 4GB RAM.

(edited by Samanar.3265)

Crashing

Disguised.3492

Any update on this issue?

Crashing

Posted by: romsea.8539

romsea.8539

I managed to play almost two weeks with low texture settings without a single crash except for one after 8+ hours of wvw which was ok, then suddenly 3 days ago crash reappears as the first days without me touching anything.

I’m totally lost on this issue and back to constant crash again…

Edit from the 25th patch : • Fixed various crash bugs.
Guess it didn’t go well somehow

(edited by romsea.8539)

Crashing

Posted by: lazymustard.6491

lazymustard.6491

The Frequency of my crashes have increased since the last patch. I’m getting so frustrated right now that I pretty much stop playing after the first crash, which occurs about 30 – 45 mins. after I begin playing.

Crashing

Posted by: megakao.1856

megakao.1856

A new beta driver for nvidia has been released: 306.63.

Has anyone tried this one yet? I’m at work right so I’m unable to.

Crashing

romsea.8539

i did install it but didn’t have the opportunity to play yet, will tell tomorrow if it’s any better for me.

Crashing

Posted by: Xomic.5792

Xomic.5792

Like the others, I’ve been experiencing crashes in game while using a Nvidia GTX card.

All updating the drivers has done is change the nature of the crashes from a mixture of bluescreens and blackscreens and freezes to just a mixture of blackscreens and total computer freezes.

Please fix this Anet.

Crashing

Posted by: Ikonoclast.8916

Ikonoclast.8916

I’m experiencing crashes and have an AMD card. I don’t think the GPU matters. Ever since the last update, I’ve experienced crashes consistently, today I can’t even play because they are so frequent. This is in the log:

• Crash <—*
    Exception: c0000005
    Memory at address 3766fdb8 could not be written
    App: Gw2.exe
    Pid: 3432
    Cmdline:
    BaseAddr: 00400000
    ProgramId: 101
    Build: 15572
    When: 2012-09-28T02:18:24Z 2012-09-27T22:18:24-04:00
    Uptime: 0 days 0:05:15
    Flags: 0

Crashing

Posted by: native.4890

native.4890

Crashed two times in a row. Crashes are becoming more frequent.

I’m a AMD user.

(edited by native.4890)

Crashing

Posted by: spirit.3908

spirit.3908

Same problem here since the 25th. No response from A-net. Random crashes every 15-30 min. and unable to Login with same character. Sometimes repair solve the problem for the next 15-30 min. (using a GF GTX 460 SE)

Crashing

Posted by: lcizzle.8219

lcizzle.8219

Possible solution to memory crashing. Try turning off DEP. (Data Execution Prevention)

Crashing

romsea.8539

So yep, no change whatsoever with new nvidia beta driver…

Crashing

romsea.8539

Sorry for double post, edit button is gone, i tried Icizzle, got a crash in the same way, thanks for the suggestion tho, any ideas are welcome.

Crashing

Posted by: spirit.3908

spirit.3908

Edit: Yesterday I tried to go into the dungeon “Sorrow’s Embrace”, every time I enter the dungeon the game crashes. Anyone else this problem?
If yes, this could help A-net to simulate the problem.

Crashing

Posted by: Blitzkrieg.8436

Blitzkrieg.8436

I’m crashing every 2 minutes or so today – been playing for 2 hours on and off (mostly off, haha) and died so many times to lag/kick. This has been getting worse as time goes by. There was a similar issue with Diablo 3 a while back, something to do with memory dump or cache or whatever. Doesn’t seem to be a driver issue for me, so I’m thinking maybe something similar to the D3 thing…

Crashing

Posted by: aPutridCorpse.8792

aPutridCorpse.8792

Yeah seriously. I would love to play some PvP but the game crashing out on me has kept me away from part of the game that I wanted to play the most.

Everytime I walk through the zone portals I get nervous. Sometimes it just crashes while I’m running around too.

Level 80 Asura Ranger
Level 30 Human Guardian

Crashing

Posted by: Ikonoclast.8916

Ikonoclast.8916

I ended up fixing my issue by setting my GPU back to stock clock speeds. It appears that the newest update to GW2 made it not play so nice with my OC. I’m unsure why, as no other games are having issues with it. But I was able to play without a crash for a couple hours last night after setting it to stock.

Crashing

Posted by: bantapoo.1093

bantapoo.1093

The crashing happens randomly, but when it happens, it might locks your character from entering the game.
changing hardware configuration might help it few hours/days, but the crashing always comes back.
It seems to me there’s a bug in loading assets from disk into game memory.

Crashing

Posted by: Glarpaso.9038

Glarpaso.9038

This seem to be a common problem. Getting freezes/hard locks from time to time now, only when playing GW2.

Happened just a few minutes ago, I was done with a storyquest and was just about to exit the instance… buzzzing noise and hard lock.

I recently updated ALL my drivers, stopped Windows Update, checked RAM and potential overheating problems. No issues whatsoever… Using AMD btw, not Nvidia.

Kernel-Power ID 41 (63) is the thing I´m getting btw.

BugcheckCode 0
BugcheckParameter1 0×0
BugcheckParameter2 0×0
BugcheckParameter3 0×0
BugcheckParameter4 0×0
SleepInProgress false
PowerButtonTimestamp 0

Crashing

Disguised.3492

At least when I crash the game crashes very cleanly, and closes completely instantly. So I am able to quickly relaunch, and get back into game. But when you have to do this 10 times a day it’s really annoying and makes me not even want to play anymore.

Might have to put this game on hold until I decide to shell out for 64 bit Windows 8.

Crashing

Posted by: Prentiss.9712

Prentiss.9712

I see I am not the only one with this Black Screen crash thingy . I have it sporadically since launch , but today it crashes every 3-5 minutes . Nvidia GTX 295 .

Crashing

Posted by: Rhizo.5089

Rhizo.5089

I have a GTX285 and had zero problems during the beta events. I updated drivers when AN posted how bad the drivers were for the game and since Nvidia updated them. I have been looking for info on this problem in an effort to solve my problem. The bug is very sporadic. It usually causes a hard lock with a buzzing noise causing me to hard boot the system. This last time the screen seized and went black with all the sounds in the background. I was able to alt-tab out of the game. I looked at the bottom of the screen and saw two instances of GW2 running. Why? I did not launch two instances. If there is a bug that is launching a second instance this would explain a lot.

Crashing

Posted by: zOLtAm.7824

zOLtAm.7824

Sorry about the horrible english but I’ll share what happened to me.

I had that same crash problem since I installed the game (one week after launch). Five days ago, I just removed 2 of 4 memories modules just to make a try. I hadnt a single crash since I removed them. Playing all day along and no crashes anymore.

My computer spec:
i5 2500k
16gb Kingston Value (8gb now)
using iGPU atm >.<

I hope it can help someone

Crashing

romsea.8539

So after october 1st patch, 1 hour and a half off intensive WvW fight with NO CRASH !

what can i say…. thank you Anet tech team <3

Crashing

Posted by: Negativeping.9162

Negativeping.9162

i7 920 2.8
12GB DDR3 1333
GTX 680
SSD
Windows 7 x64

crashing randomly (but very frequently) with 306.23 driver.

Will have to upload logs when I get home

Crashing

Posted by: Zeph.5397

Zeph.5397

System information :

lenovo IdeaPad Y580

•Intel Core i7-3610QM 2.3GHz
•6GB Memory 750GB HDD
•NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M
•DVD±R/RW

When I got the laptop I installed GW2 and was able to play the game perfectly. I could even play the game on MAX settings with no issues besides declined FPS. The very next day I logged on and I was able to play for about 3 hours before being kicked off, along with everyone else, for a scheduled update of some kind. After that, many problems started occuring.

Problems included the game completely freezing. Id be running around killing mobs one second and in an instant my character would freeze. I tried ctrl + alt + del, ctrl + alt +es, and the windows key but nothing worked. I had to perform a hard restart. Other problems involving freezing include freezes during vistas and freezes during fast traveling. They all forced me to hard restart.

Things I’v Tried: I made sure my GPU drivers were updated. I made sure my Anti-Virus was turned off/set to allow the game to run. I transferred my character to the only server that had a Medium volumn of characters there. The issues continued to arise.

Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Crashing

Posted by: Dksopp.6092

Dksopp.6092

System information :
Win 7 64bit
•Intel Core i7-3570K 3.4 GHz
•8GB Memory
•NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 TI, 8800 GT
onboard realtek audio

Since BWE, I was using 8800GT and had some fps issue until patches. Then it is all fine no crash no fps issue until I bought 660 TI for better gameplay. With 306. 23 driver, I m encountering short duration freeze randomly and sharp drop of fps to like 1x-2x fps, especially in " Heart of mist" (most often).

Details on freeze:
mouse cursor movable
BGM continues
Black screen then audio sound went shattering (zzeeezeeezee)

When I try to alt tab out during freeze, I will see nvidia warning on the bottom right saying something like “driver failure, driver resetting”

I have tried driver sweeping and reinstalling nvidia and realtek sound driver but doesnt help.

I wonder whether anyone is having the same issue. Not really sure if its nvidia problem or Anet issue. Although it is not crashing the game, but the freeze and fps drop is really annoying when u are having a fight in wvw and dungeons.

Edited 16/10

Been using new driver 306.97 for 2 days, the result is very good till today… no crash and no freezing for like 1 whole day then freeze start coming up again…. petty QQ ~.~ any one tried some beta drivers that doesnt encounter freezing/crash?

(edited by Dksopp.6092)

Crashing

Posted by: jumaba.5068

jumaba.5068

Can’t post my Diags now at work, but doesn’t matter.
i5 2500k @ 3,3GHz
NVidia GTX 560 TI OC ~110% stock
Win7 Ultimate 32bit
8 GB RAM

I never face FPS problems (not even in WvW). It more seems the game crashes due to grafic failure directly instead of slowing down if there are render problems…
Furthermore every third change of region also follows by a crash before the loading screen even shows its loading…

I’m confident you guys from support will solve this issue by time.

For me it’s just annoying (waste of time) to restart the game (which takes just a few seconds anyway).

Just one wish:
Maybe you guys can make a little update, so players won’t get kicked out of WvW Servers if they face a game crash? At least for 3 minutes?
I need to kill those “french” farmbots in WvW to get rewards :-)

(edited by jumaba.5068)

Crashing

Posted by: Mathef.9023

Mathef.9023

My crashes freeze my system completely After few days of testing and digging solution start losing hope. Sometime I can play 3h, another time just few minutes than screen blink black and computer freeze need to hard reset. I am fear that this is some fundamental flaw in engine which they can’t repair because they don’t know how…

Crashing

Posted by: Szemi.3710

Szemi.3710

Hi fellow gamers and tech support team. I have had some trouble with playing the game. Suddenly and lately very often the game crashes when i’m just logged in and played like 2-5 minutes. Often Gw2.exe crashes and sometimes client goes down and i have to restart the game from windows. Couple of times i even have had to start whole pc to get back in the game. Sometimes it let’s me play many hours without crashing but it usually crashes. Is there anyway to fix this? I have done the repairing thing but it did not help and i removed it off from my pc and atm installing it back to other hard-drive, after i get back in game i hope the problem has gone away. Here is my dxdiag and areanet file if someone in techteam could find solution to this problem.

Crashing

Posted by: PaniK.9482

PaniK.9482

@Szemi.3710
Looks like a RAM issue to me. Try going into your BIOS and setting your ram timings manually. Also, did you run memtest yet? If not, run it and see if you get any errors.

Crashing

Szemi.3710

@PaniK.9482
Just today i test full memtest and there was no problem found. I went to bios settings and looked those ram settings what i know, so should i try ddr3 mode 2000 or 2133? if those are the right things that i need to change?

Crashing

Posted by: neon.4863

neon.4863

I’d experienced maybe one crash like this before, but today my game’s crashed three times already – I lose signal to the monitor and then the system crashes completely (suggests a graphic driver problem) and restarts. When I first made an account I got an alert that my driver version was known to cause crashes and I updated it then. Now I’m getting crashes every 10 minutes or so, and I’m unsure why.

Graphics card is a GeForce GT220, I am well above minimum reqs otherwise. System is Windows 7 64 bit. I was using version 306.23 of the driver for the card until today. I went to check and a new version was released in October 10 (306.97) so I’ll be updating to that now. If I continue to experience crashes I’ll post here.

Edit: Didn’t help, system crashed in the middle of the Halloween event.

(edited by neon.4863)

Crashing

Posted by: PaniK.9482

PaniK.9482

@PaniK.9482
Just today i test full memtest and there was no problem found. I went to bios settings and looked those ram settings what i know, so should i try ddr3 mode 2000 or 2133? if those are the right things that i need to change?

Yes, i would try both settings. See which one works best. Also, if you can get the make and model number on the ram sticks, you can set the timings manually. Also, might want to check and make sure the voltage is set correctly on the ram.

Crashing

Posted by: Gibbel.5734

Gibbel.5734

They should at a benchmark option to this game..
like a camera flying through LA or something recording the FPS and always on the highest settings.. etc

to get some propper information

Crashing

Szemi.3710

@PaniK.9482

Yes, i would try both settings. See which one works best. Also, if you can get the make and model number on the ram sticks, you can set the timings manually. Also, might want to check and make sure the voltage is set correctly on the ram.

@PaniK9482:

When i looked from other forums and talked to my frend who has been playing mmorpg a lot, he looked up on that crashing report and told that my ram won’t need any changes and it works like those settings that i got. The problem of the crashes is the game itself, there is sertain bug’s in the game atm that couses my game to crash like some other guild wars 2 gamers also. Lets just hope that they will fix those bugs when they find them and we can have a good gaming experience without crashes.

Crashing

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

I was not experiencing problems prior to the Halloween patch. Now the game is completely locking up my PC pretty regularly. Seems random when it happens.

Crashing

Posted by: Ashanor.5319

Ashanor.5319

Completely locked up my PC 3 times yesterday. At no other time or while playing any other game has my PC locked up. It’s starting to feel unplayable to me.

Crashing

Posted by: Drakord.2754

Drakord.2754

I´m very frustated

I keep on crashing making the game almost unplayable…. Doing dungeons (specially the Fractals one) is a nightmare with these continuous disconnections.

I´m running the game on Windows Vista 32 bits and i have tried with my 2 graphics cards: GTX 260 SE & GTX 460….. both configurations keep on crashing

PLZ help!!!!

Crashing

Posted by: genixx.7369

genixx.7369

a lot of crashes during random cut scenes. porting in and out of cities. sometimes even just running thru random zones. i havent seen any patterns. even lowered my graphics and it hasnt made any differences. time between crashes is random. wasnt to bad before the last big patch. now i dont even want to play for any extended time.
running Win7 32bit with GForce GTX 560 with lastest drives. only upgraded drives after all the crashes to see if that would fix. no difference.

Crashing

Posted by: Darkone.8731

Darkone.8731

check your rams. I resolve my issue with this way. I found one non stable ram and removed it from my system. Now my game working very well and no more crashing at WvWvW and dungeons or PvE maps.

check your rams and ram slots by one by

Crashing

Posted by: Hrist.8972

Hrist.8972

My rams seem fine on memtest+ but I’ll have the benefit of doubt and test rams individually ingame. I do hope that it’s more of a gfx issue though…

Hrist Unriht – [Hovi] Unseelie Court – Seafarer’s Rest EU

Crashing

Posted by: Kingz.5436

Kingz.5436

Hello I have been having a LOT of Game crashes since launch and as much as i’ve hated this I have been managing by simply restarting from where I was. The 1 exeption is in WvW where I loose and I’m bk in ques but that was fine as it wasn’t such a big deal and there was lots more beside to do.

However now that these fractal dungeons are runing on multilayers, if the game crashes, I am no longer able to rejoin my team and therefore loose all progress. This means I am unable to get past lv 2(*dont know how happy I was when I managed to finish 1) and I’m falling behind my friends.

Please fix this as I’m missing a large content of the game by not completing these fractal lvs and its rewards.

The game is ALWAYS CRASHING after 2 or 3 loading screens(1st load character to LA → load character to fractal hub → load 1st part of dungeon: sometimes make it to the end – yay → load 2nd part of dungeon = crash or get in and then crashes half way through >:o( ???), honestly at least make it like the other dungeons where I get a prompt to rejoin my team when I log bk in after a crash >:( so I can finish the kitten thing and move up the frackting levels . I am scared to enter pvp tournaments as this will happen and I’ll be letting the team down – which is now exactly what is happening in these fractal 3 layer dungeons.
FIX FIX FIX

and before any1 say anything I have read all the post and been keeping up with people’s methods of solving it but none has worked for me. Here’s my specs:
Processor: Intel Core 2 quad Q6600
RAM: 4 GB
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460

I’ve checked and I don’t think It’s a graphics issue, nor overheating. Main problem I see is that makes sense is that I’m running Win 7 32bit OS and have 4GB of Ram.

Legend Of The Mists