Crashing

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: pot.6805

pot.6805

Intel Quad Q8400 @ 3.5ghz
6gb DDR2 Ram
GTX460 (306.02 drivers)
Win7 x64

In most areas to even get acceptable framerates (30 and above) I have to turn reflections completely off along with shadows. I run at my native res of 1080p.

DXdiag attached

Attachments:

BeeGee
Beast mode

Crashing

Posted by: Meurik.2790

Meurik.2790

None of my cores on my CPU are maxed at any time. I’ll go in game now with the CPU monitor up on my other screen to double check.

Also, here is my DxDiag.txt because I assume more data is better.

I’m gonna have to call “False” on this claim. I have my game running right now, and it’s using both my cores. Neither of which are maxxed out.

Crashing

Posted by: manupa.6829

manupa.6829

Ati raedon hd 6870
amd phenom 6 cores 2.8 ghz
6 gb ram

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: Reese.9572

Reese.9572

I’m having the same problem as well, with the random crashes at random times, although I am running a 64-bit Operating System and a GTX 580. Dxdiag is attached.

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: roquentin.2654

roquentin.2654

System specs.

-Windows 7 x64 bit
-AMD phenom x4 965 3.4 ghz
-Radeon HD5830 1gb
-4 GB DDR3 RAM
-Average fps 15-20

First 4-5 days I was getting 50-60 fps.but lately it dropped to 15-20 fps when i do wvw 5-10 fps unfortunately unplayable.

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: Edryila.1673

Edryila.1673

Bloomfield i7 950 @ 3.01 GHz
12gb DDR3 triple channel
Radeon HD 5770(MSI Hawk) 8.982.0.0
64bit Windows 7

I can never go past a solid 20 FPS on minimum settings, and generally run between 5-15 fps at all times. 5 in cites, 10-15 in open areas.

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: SILENTPHEER.2574

SILENTPHEER.2574

I7 2600
H61 MOBO
8gb ram
ASUS AMD 7950

I’m only getting 30 fps on Auto-Detect, really unpleased especially after spending a lot. Tried everything have respond to alteast 10+ support staff nothing worked.

(edited by SILENTPHEER.2574)

Crashing

Posted by: Hooplah.3150

Hooplah.3150

Same, I crash too. I have a 64 bit Operating System…

It says the system couldn’t keep me logged in? and crashes every hour or so… Please fix this.

Crashing

Posted by: Ashley Segovia.8276

Previous

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

Next

Hey guys – The more information that you can provide regarding this crash the better. The crash report will vary from player to player depending on when they crashed along with their individual system setup.

That being said, can you all please post any crash reports (ArenaNet.log file) along with a Game Advisor report?

You can download Game Advisor below. It provides us with a bit more information than a DxDiag report:

http://us.ncsoft.com/gameadvisor/

Crashing

Posted by: ReMix.4321

ReMix.4321

even whit a dual core i play fine but i will buy and i7 to play better ;D

RemixBreaker-GH
[MM]Midnight Mayhem

Crashing

Posted by: KingChaos.1493

KingChaos.1493

My computer exceeds the requirements for this game, I used to be able to play on recommended settings (high) with 45-60 fps, high 20’s in WvW battles (guess that is normal) now I have to adjust alot of settings and need to keep everything (medium) getting 30-50 fps, I have noticed reflections, shaders, and post processing, kill alot more fps than before (bwe’s). And everything is up to date.

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: Zocks.5719

Zocks.5719

None of my cores on my CPU are maxed at any time. I’ll go in game now with the CPU monitor up on my other screen to double check.

Also, here is my DxDiag.txt because I assume more data is better.

I’m gonna have to call “False” on this claim. I have my game running right now, and it’s using both my cores. Neither of which are maxxed out.

Confusing Post.. you both have stated (so as myself) , cpu cores not being maxed out.. so no false claim there.

Crashing

Posted by: NatSL.5819

NatSL.5819

CPU: Intel Core i7 960 (3.2Ghz)
GPU: 2 x XFX Nvidia 250GTS 1024Mb SLI
RAM: 6GB DDR3 2000 9-9-9-24 Triple-channel
MB: ASUS P6T X58

Nvidia drivers used: 306.02

I’m getting extremely low fps on this pc and that’s unusal since I should be running the game way faster, maxing out the graphic options I rarely get over 25 fps with a mean of 12, putting every option to minimum I still rarely reach 60 fps with a mean of 35 fps.

I’m attaching the dxdiag information and a screen of very low fps in Lion’s Arch.

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: Eluvium.2307

Eluvium.2307

I have been experiencing the same issue. Here are the three files you have requested:

Crashing

Posted by: GonzoNeo.4965

GonzoNeo.4965

E8400 3.0 GHZ
4GB ram
Ati 4870HD with 12.6 Ati catalyst

To me the major issue is that change the graphic options dont change my perfomance nothing, it doesnt matter if i put the game in the lowest graphic, or the higher with high res texture etc…. I have always the same fps, they only slight change changing shadows.

Well in some parts just play well with 40 fps, but in Lion Arch dropped to 10-20fps and in Dragon Boss events is unplayable.

I dont have any issue running other games like skyrim, battlefield 3 etc.. in high at 40-60fps with no problems.

I dont beg for 40-60 fps in dragon events in high but is a shame change the quality to the lowest and still have 5-10fps when playing battefliend 3 at mid-high with a lot of players at 40-60fps.

My thoughts is that the game is still too CPU bound, changing to lowest graphic the game look a lot worse than GW1 in High and only , and i can play GW1 at 180 fps.

Crashing

Posted by: alcor.2635

alcor.2635

I’ve been getting some crashes as well, however all of mine seem to happen in cities, namely Lion’s Arch and Hoelbrak (I haven’t been to the other cities for a significant amount of time yet).
I haven’t had any crash anywhere else in the world, and those in a city seem to happen rather randomly. I had a few crashes while I was tabbed with GW2 in the background, other while running around or while using the trading post.

My Windows installation is only a few days old, and I’ve kept myself from installing any software that I don’t need for the time being, so that I can hopefully rule out software issues on my end as the cause. Hardware issues are still possible though, I suppose.

Anyway, Game Advisor log and GW2 crashlog are attached!

Crashing

Posted by: Drakus.2719

Drakus.2719

As requested, adding my advisor report:

Crashing

Posted by: Atrocity.5794

Atrocity.5794

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad 2.83Ghz
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 6870 1GB DDR5
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1066 Dual-channel
MB: Biostar G41D3C+
AMD drivers used: 12.8, then 12.8 with 7900 mod but no performance difference :<

In-Game settings: Everything Maxed out on 720p: 12-72 FPS, it’s never constant and when in big group I drop all the way down to 5 fps, completely ruined my Shatterer experience it was lagging so bad and thats after changing my settings to the bare minimum…

Please get this game more optimized for our GPUs and CPU’s as I’m not even experiencing my cores going past 68% load and much lower load on my GPU.

Other Games FPS:
Skyrim Maxed out: 72-140
BF3 Ultra 64 Man server: Constant 50fps
Mostly every game I’ve played on this rig has more than enough FPS to keep the gameplay smooth and satisfying

(edited by Atrocity.5794)

Crashing

Posted by: Steroidabuse.9728

Steroidabuse.9728

CPU: Intel i5 2500k OC @ 4.9ghz @ 1.4v @ 60c load temp.
GPU: 2x Sapphire 7970 GHz Edition (1050mhz/3gb vram)
RAM: 8GB DDR3 9-9-9-24 Dual Channel

ATI Drivers: 12.8
ATI Catalyst Application Profile: 12.7 CAP 3 (After work I will install the newly released 12.8 CAP 2 that came out a few hours ago, this should solve the CF scaling issue.)

I will edit this post if 12.8 CAP 3 resolves all issues with poor frame performance.

(This is a fresh Windows install as of 2 days ago also.)

Twixlol – Asuran Elementalist of [RemG] – Stormbluff Isle

(edited by Steroidabuse.9728)

Crashing

Posted by: inathanlite.1769

inathanlite.1769

Ok so I am getting low FPS and a few lag spikes and it is frustrating to play. I was hoping that someone could help me fix this.

My Specs:
Windows XP Service Pack 3
AMD Athlon 64 X2
ATI Radeon X1950 Series
2GB RAM

I know my specs are not the best but my friend has a way better setup than me with a HD Radeon yet he gets even lower FPS than me.

Anyway hope someone can help.

Thanks.

Crashing

Posted by: Mattut.8963

Mattut.8963

here is mine

Crashing

Posted by: Disguised.3492

Disguised.3492

Consolidating my previous posts here and adding the advisor test.

Crashing

Posted by: Frostflame.5314

Frostflame.5314

CPU: i7-3770k
GPU: EVGA GTX 560 Ti FPB
RAM: 8GB
Mobo: p8z77-v pro

Driver version: 306.02 – I’ve tried others and thoroughly cleaned after each try, none helped.

New system. Performance in Lion’s Arch, Dvinity’s Reach, Rata Sum, The Grove and Black Citadel; as well as a few other areas here and there, drops down to the 30-40 FPS range, gets very jittery, nearly unplayable. No settings make a difference. GPU Usage drops to 50-60% implying a CPU Bottleneck, however CPU usage rarely exceeds 45%.

Note: This was not happening to me prior to the patch released before the SECOND to FINAL stress test.

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: MetalDragonWing.7592

MetalDragonWing.7592

This is from the post I made earlier, before I found this – Anyways here it is (ALSO I posted the original Game Advisor Test I had in this so theres that too..)

Hello everyone, I have had an issue that a few people I see on the forums seem to have, so I decided to make my own post and see if there is any way to fix this.

Basically I seem to be having very low fps (10 – 15) in many areas within the game. I get around 25 – 30 when in large-ish areas where really nothing is going on. A good example is the beginning PVP instance. Around there I got enough FPS to run the game decent (which is how I want to run it.) Im not looking for 120FPS (which I know I wont get, I do not have the best PC..) But I want to run it at AT LEAST 30 FPS.

Like I said, I do not have the best computer in the world, but I should be able to run the game in low-med settings (maybe even high) at a good 30 fps or more. Now im not positive if thats correct, thats where you guys come in.

NOTE: Even when I switch the settings in game to ANY SETTING (except for ultra) The FPS does not change whatsoever. (In ultra is drops a few frames but not much.)

Ok, so here are my specs:

System Information
—————————
Time of this report: 8/31/2012, 17:03:10
Machine name: YOUR-4DACD0EA75
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.120504-1619)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: HP Pavilion 061
System Model: RC658AA-ABA a1630n
BIOS: Phoenix – AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
Memory: 3582MB RAM
Page File: 944MB used, 4519MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

Card name: AMD Radeon HD 6570 2G
(NOTE: This came from a test I ran using Game Advisor.)

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! If you need any additional information, please comment and I would gladly get back to ASAP. I want to play this game very badly, but I refuse to play the game at this low of FPS, it frustrates me.

ALSO! I have another newer model computer, which belongs to my father, which has all better specs than mine except for the video card, its an older model, that runs this game WORSE than mine currently.

One more thing to note is that a few days ago I sent ArenaNet a support email about it, and they replied next day. They told me to run Game Advisor, like I did, and update the email. I did that as well. But now its been 3 days now and no reply. So please, if anyone knows a way I can fix this, please help me!!! Thanks!

Crashing

Posted by: Elysios.9274

Elysios.9274

My framerate can be nice in some maps like Wayfarer Foothills.. in this maps my Gpu works 60-85% almost all the time.. not the best gpu usage but the game runs over 45fps almost all the time ( the only exception is in masive events )

In many other maps like when you start a human character.. the game only uses my gpu at 30% and the framerate is half of what I have in Wayfarer.. many other maps do this with my gpu usage.. in Lion’s Arch my gpu barely works 30% and the framerate is low all the time

I hope you can achieve the same optimization that I have in Wayfarer Foothills.. if the game used my gpu over 80% all the time my framerate could be much better

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: SinfulHope.8045

SinfulHope.8045

CPU – AMD Phenom II 4 965 BE 3.4Mhz no overclock
GPU – AMD 6850 xfx no overclock
RAM DDR3 – 6gigs
AMD Drivers – 12.8 with 12.7(3) caps

exploring and doing DE’s – 40-60 fps
Big DE’s – 30-60 fps
Wv3,Massive DE’s – 20fps with dips to 15fps

Attachments:

Server – Crystal Desert
Guild – Thirteen Thirty Seven
Voip – Raidcall(4784035)

Crashing

Posted by: Gstringbass.2506

Gstringbass.2506

I am using a GTX 680 SC+ and I’m getting about 30-40 fps with everything maxed at 1920×1200. It doesn’t matter if I’m using native or super-sampling either. IDK that seems low in my opinion what do you think? should I be getting more with this card and my system specs?

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Intel® Core™ i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz OCd to 3.66GHz
6GB DDR3 1333MHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 ( EVGA SC+)

Edit: attached my game advisor test.

(edited by Moderator)

Crashing

Posted by: Metal Wing.7426

Metal Wing.7426

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
AMD Phenom Quad-core ~2.2GHz
8GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450

My game is at a constant 30 FPS (Regardless of graphic settings). Whenever an intense event begins, my frame rate goes down to about 12-15fps. Playable, but kind of upsetting, considering I can run Skyrim on Ultra without any fps issues x-x DxDiag attached.

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: CptBadger.5918

CptBadger.5918

Getting 15 frames per second on WvW, regardless of graphical settings.

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
AMD Phenom X6 @ 3.2Ghz
12 GB Ram
2 x Radeon 6870 / Crossfire
750W PSU

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: Aearon.5691

Aearon.5691

I get FPS from about 15 – 60. Average is about 30, and lower in crowded areas. GPU usage never goes above 50%, usually at about 20%. One CPU core is usually close to maxed out, but the rest are usually about 50%.

I’ve tried the current Nvidia drivers as well as the two available beta versions, but it doesn’t seem to make any difference which driver version I use. See dxdiag for system information… should be getting 100 FPS or above with my system.

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: Xsentus.6243

Xsentus.6243

i hope nvidia or u will fix this fps issue soon im fed up with it.

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: dave.5913

dave.5913

Some system info:
CPU: Intel i5 3570K
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti
Graphic driver: 306.02 Certified (only for 660 Ti)

GW2 graphic settings: All set to maximum value apart from “render sample: native”, “shadows: high”, “LOD distance: high”. V-sync enabled.
Nvidia 3D Settings: All set to maximum quality, “application-controlled” where possible.

Ok, let’s come to the issue.
After installing latest drivers I solved many problems caused be render sampling setted to “native” (transparent objects and FPS drops).
But now a new problem has come. If I open the World Map and zoom in or out, my FPS drops to around 3 and it becomes impossible to use. FPS drop only when zooming the map or moving it fast. When I stop moving or zooming, FPS go back to 60 (note: V-sync enabled).

Screenshots:
First: GW2 settings
Second and third: Nvidia settings
Fourth: FPS on World Map while standing still
Fifith: FPS on World Map while zooming in/out

Side note: After re-installing GW2 and Nvidia drivers the “map problem” didn’t appear BUT it happened after today’s update. I also defragmented the partition where GW2 is installed. Now I’m wondering if any update or any defragmentation may cause this issue.

Screenshot 1
Screenshot 2
Screenshot 3
Screenshot 4
Screenshot 5

EDIT: Added DxDiag report.

I had this problem to..The FPS drop while using the map made it unusable ( zooming the map ). I was also using the 306.02 NVidia drivers. I installed the 304.79 beta drivers, and the problem completelly dissapeared. There is no FPS drop when zooming the map. Also the FPS in game appears to be pretty much the same.

If you want to be sure you are getting the same perfomance or better. Find a good spot. Record your FPS in a couple of directions. Then change your drivers and compare.

Anybody who is having this problem…. its the 306.02 drivers causing it.

(edited by dave.5913)

Crashing

Posted by: SgtJoo.3754

SgtJoo.3754

20-30fps just walking around Lion’s Arch and literally 5 fps in WvW.

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: HyprDmg.7642

HyprDmg.7642

60 FPS on lowest settings if lucky. Usually about 35 FPS.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
AMD Phenom X6 @ 3.0Ghz
16 GB DDR3 1333MHz
2 x Radeon 6850 / Crossfire
750W PSU

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: ColDnDarK.1982

ColDnDarK.1982

Acer Aspire 5552G notebook model
AMD Phenom II X4 N950 ~2.1GHz
AMD Radeon HD 6650M
4 GB DDR3

The game runs on 20-30 fps, rarely I get 40-60 in small spaces regardless of the quality (low/high) and the resolution (1366*768 max). Only 1 core works near full speed (70%), the others are like 30%, 20% and 10%. The GPU doesn’t even reach the half of it’s power. It’s the same issue as in the beta. The fps was a little worse than though. It seems like the game still uses only the processor and the GPU is overshadowed. As others state, I’m running other games on high quality settings with better fps, for example sleeping dogs doesn’t go under 50 fps, playing it on med-high quality on max resolution. Some say it’s a driver issue, some it’s and engine leak. =/ Please help ArenaNet. I waited so long for this game. :$

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: Martelus.2896

Martelus.2896

AMD athlon 4X 3ghz
Asus 560gtx ti oc 900mhz
6giga ram ddr3
2to sata3

In pve i can have 20 or 50 fps . .random. . and in wvw . .in FULL low i have 11fps also some friend have same gc and same cpu but in intel and they have 25-30fps in wvw. in a huge team fight

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Amd FX-8150 3.6ghz
16 GB of ram
120gb and 60gb SSD
Radeon 6970
Realtek onboard sound

Game runs at 20-30fps no matter what settings I use.

Amd cpus seem to suffer greatly compared to intel. I have a friend who is using a i7 with a Geforce 470 gx. She has literally 2x the fps I have, she averages around 60fps. My gpu is significantly better than hers. At first I thought she was exaggerating until I seen her screenshot and then read Tom’s Hardware Guide cpu performance review for GW2.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/guild-wars-2-performance-benchmark,3268-7.html

The results are stunning, Amd cpus are underperforming. Yes its a certain fact that Intel outperforms Amd in Windows OS. But usually its by a small marginal percentage…10%, 20% for CPUs that are suppose to be comparable. But in this case, the intel counterparts are performing 50-100% better.

It makes me think if something is terribly wrong with how GW2 handles AMD cpus.

Attachments:

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

(edited by Aza.2105)

Crashing

Posted by: Albonder.4328

Albonder.4328

Processor:
Intel Core i5 430M 2,27 GHz
3 MB L3 Cache
2 core, 4 threads
Intel Turbo Boost 2,53 GHz
Max TDP: 35 W

Memory:
4 GB DDR3 1066 MHz

DISK:
120 GB SSD

GRaphic Card:
ATI Mobility Radeon HD5650
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

20 – 30 fps in pve around 10 – 20 world pvp and max 25 normal pvp

Crashing

Posted by: amytheplanarshift.8520

amytheplanarshift.8520

Note: This was not happening to me prior to the patch released before the SECOND to FINAL stress test.

This is interesting because we have a similar setup but I did not play any of the stress tests to compare. But we are experiencing exactly the same symptoms so maybe they broke something somewhere around that time. I hope this helps them pinpoint the problem.

Crashing

Posted by: BriRock.4572

BriRock.4572

Yeah I’m in the same boat here. The game ran great in the beta as well as the stress tests. As soon as the game launched, my FPS has been very low ever since. The highest I’ve seen it (from the Graphics options window) is 12. On average it runs about 7 or 8. When there’s a big fight in front of me, then it drops to about 3 and then the audio begins to really lag behind the action. :-/

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: Serbius.1256

Serbius.1256

System Specs for ThinkStation D20:
– 2 x Intel Xeon Quad Core Processors, 8 Cores @ 2.26 GHz
– HD Radeon 7970, 3GB GDDR5, Stock Speeds
– 256GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD (boot drive)
– 300GB WD Velociraptor 10,000 RPM HDD
– 500GB WD Caviar 7,200 RPM HDD
– 12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram, 6 × 2GB Modules, 3 per CPU, Triple Channel

Max settings except for supersampling, lowering settings doesn’t seem to change anything as far as fps goes.

I just purchased the video card and am experiencing very low fps. I put out the money for the best card I could find from AMD, and I expected better. The game runs at about 30fps average. When I’m out by myself it jumps between 10 and 55fps and when I’m in groups it goes anywhere from 10 to 30fps. On top of this I notice strange flickering and light blue artifacting and grids showing up during gameplay. My card doesn’t seem to be working very hard at all when this game is up, and it runs furmark at 55fps solid with no artifacting. It plays Diablo 3 at a solid 60fps with no artifacting, no matter how big them hordes of demons get. Experiencing the anomalies during gameplay made me want to RMA the new card, but seeing as it passes benchmarks with flying colors, I’m hoping there is something software side that I can do to remedy this.

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: Swordbreaker.2581

Swordbreaker.2581

CPU- Intel i7 3930k 3.8ghz -no overclock
GPU- 2x Radeon HD 7970 925mhz -no overclock
RAM- 32gb kingston hyperx 1600mhz
Windows 7 64bit
AMD drivers 12.8 with 12.7 caps

exploring, I get 60-100 fps
WvW 30-50fps

I’m not sure if its a placebo but I did notice an increase in FPS performance after that last patch on the 3rd I believe?

I did notice that the asura starter area is a lot harder on my computer than just about anywhere else.

There are some random moments when the fps drops, but I think thats just loading of resources, I don’t have an SSD. 10,000 rpm WD velociraptor but still not as fast as SSD.
Over all, considering everything is on high, I get very good performance considering this is an MMO and not a FPS. There could be a little tweaking to crossfire performance, but so far so good, Arenanet has done a very good job with this game. Much better than Rift, if you’ve played that game, it was terrible in scaling with higher end hardware.

Attachments:

Asrock X79 Extreme4 mobo / I7 3930k @ 4.7ghz / 16gb Kingston HyperX 1600mhz
/ 2x XFX R9 290x in Crossfire

Crashing

Posted by: Smitt.8602

Smitt.8602

I get about 30 fps most of the time, with large events this can sometimes drop significantly and other times I have no slowdown at all. Another thing I noticed is that my performance does not change at all when I turn down the graphics in game. No matter the settings I still have the same fps.

My system:

AMD Athlon x2 64 7750 Black Edition
ASUS M3A78-EM
6GB DDR2 pc6400
AMD HD 5870 1GB GDDR5
500GB Barracuda IDE
Win 7 Ultimate x64

Attachments:

Have none.

Crashing

Posted by: Generetic.1203

Generetic.1203

Same here. I can play almost any game on ultra without shadows, including BF3 and Skyrim.
Specs:
Core 2 duo 2.82 ghz (overclocked from 2.1ghz)
nvidia geforce gtx 260m that is overclocked with the newest drivers/beta drivers
4gb ram

Im usually only getting 18-22 fps. sometimes much more and sometimes less. But this low fps is rlly frustrating. Doesn’t keep me from playing tho haha ^^ almost have my first level 80.
I will try to upgrade my cpu n the next 2 weeks from a core 2 duo to core 2 extreme(3.2ghz) and see if that helps any, because changing video settings doesnt change fps no matter what. i cant go higher than the core 2 extreme because my laptop motherboard wont support it.

I love gw2, i have for almost 4 years.
Hope this gets fixed soon

Jacob

(edited by Generetic.1203)

Crashing

Posted by: Stretch.2741

Stretch.2741

Getting the same issues, constant crashing and freezing

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: MeefChurrito.2793

MeefChurrito.2793

AMD Phenom II x4 955 Black Edition – stock speed (3.2 GHz)
XFX Radeon 4890 1 GB – stock speed
12 GB DDR3 1333 RAM
Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P

I have noticed a steady decline in performance since head start. At the beginning, I could get up to 50 FPS with everything on high save shadows (medium) and reflections (terrain and sky). Throughout these past eleven evenings my FPS has been continually dropping. While I’m not running the most up to date hardware, I can see no reason my performance has decreased from 40-50 FPS to 15-25 FPS. Changing graphics settings does next to nothing, as I get perhaps a 5 FPS increase with everything on low.

This seems to be a common problem with AMD architecture, as both here and Reddit have widespread reports of the same issues.

EDIT: As of today (7 September) my frame rate has improved to around 30-35 at log in, but it quickly drops to below 20-25 within ten minutes in Harathi Hinterlands and Wayfarer Foothills. I’m also noticing a constant stuttering no matter where I am in-game.

Attachments:

(edited by MeefChurrito.2793)

Crashing

Posted by: Stretch.2741

Stretch.2741

adding dxdiag as it would add more then 1 attachment for some reason

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: RESISTOR.4587

RESISTOR.4587

Might as well start with my system specs, it’s not this year’s newest hardware but it certainly exceeds the minimum and recommended spec for the game.

• Intel Core i7 2600k @ 3.4GHz (stock speeds/default settings, turbo boost enabled)
  • MSI P67a-GD55 B3 stepping [BIOS v1.9]
  • Corsair Vengeance 4GB 1600MHz RAM
  • MSI GTX 570 (stock/default speeds) [nVidia driver 306.02]
  • Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) SP1
  • Western Digital Black 7200RPM 640 GB HDD (where GW2/Windows are installed)
  • 1920×1080 resolution monitor

I play the game with every detail turned to maximum except for shadows on HIGH, render on NATIVE and reflections OFF. I do not use vsync in game, I force ADAPTIVE vsync within the nVidia driver panel. Normally I can maintain a relatively smooth 60 FPS in normal situations when I’m exploring and finishing heart quests. I do notice rather large FPS drops when I rapidly turn my camera 180 degrees. I haven’t tried any PVP of any description just yet but I have also noticed considerable and consistent FPS drops when there is a large amount of players on the screen for a dynamic event or within the game’s populated cities.

Something interesting to note, I just recently upgraded my monitor to 1920×1080 resolution this week. Before I was playing on an older model 19", which ran a native resolution of 1360×768. I am running GW2 on the same graphical settings as I was before and there is little to no difference in performance even though the 1080p monitor is double the resolution for the GPU to drive. The GPU hovers around ~50% usage at both resolutions. I may be underestimating the problem, but this seems to me like the game may not be utilizing the GPU hardware as efficiently as it could be.

Attachments:

:)

Crashing

Posted by: Insanius.4028

Insanius.4028

I know my graphics card is not top-end, but I expected about 45 fps on medium-low. I’m currently getting 9 to 30 fps on the better occasions. Usually while my character is standing still.

Here’s my dxdiag. Also, I think it’s worth mentioning I have a switchable graphic setup, with an intel lower-end graphics card and a AMD Radeon 6470M. Runs last year’s game almost flawlessly on medium, 1 second fps drops aside. I’d expect the same from GW2. I was getting it right on the Beta Tests. Now I’m getting this.

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: Lycis.2167

Lycis.2167

Processor: Intel i7 950@3.07GHz
Memory: 12Gb 1600 in 4/4Gb Sticks
MB: ASUS Rampage III GENE
HDD: 1TB SATA3 WD
Graphics Card: EVGA GTX670 FTW
Video Drivers: 306.02
Monitors: Dual Viewsonic 2450 Displays

Currently seeing an average of 40-65 FPS in most areas, but I’ve noticed a few unusual things.

First: GPU usage is around 40-50% in most areas. GPU Boost clock and usage will actually throttle back in many areas and maintain 40-60 FPS despite V-Synch being off.

Second: There are areas where GPU use and frame rate is significantly higher. For example, Gendarran Fields where GPU usage is 80-90% with FPS between 100 and 120.

Third: I’ve noticed at least one area in both the Charr Capital and immediate outlying areas that will drop FPS occasionally to 12-15 FPS on texture load and keep it there until there is a driver and sometimes client crash. Following recovery, FPS takes a hit of approximately 10FPS (e.g dropping to 30-40 from 40-50).

The issue is largely insensitive to any local changes in adaptive power management, CPU core parking, Video Driver Version, CPU overclocking, or time of day (Server Load).

Large Fights will slow FPS to about 30 with no response increase in GPU load except in the aforementioned Gendarran Fields.

Hope that helps.
Lycis

Attachments: