Crashing

Crashing

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Phara Miu.2816

Phara Miu.2816

Sometimes the game ruins a fluid as water then all of a sudden fps drops to 20 and it wont go up again.
You can play with all settings ingame or with Ati Control Panel, but it wont move back to normal fps.

PvE solo – 55-70 fps
PvE 10 people 30 -40 fps
PvE 25+ people 20 – 25 fps

PvP solo 55 – 70 fps
PvP 10 people 40 fps
PvP 25+ people 10 – 25 fps

CPU – I7 Extreme 920 Intel
GPU – Asus Radeon HD 4850
6 Gigs Ram
Windows 7 64 bit

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: Atrocity.5794

Atrocity.5794

I run a Crossfire setup and I get 60 frames per second in some areas, but the only way I can keep a consistent framerate is if I lock it at 30; it fluctuates too much. Sometimes, that lock at 30 will sustain at 25 and not at the 30 it’s locked to.

If I run a dungeon, my framerate will fluctuate so horribly that it’s nearly unplayable, even if I turn the graphics all the way down.

I’ve disabled Crossfire and the game runs quite smoothly now, but not perfect; I’m still locked at 30 frames per second, but it’s staying very stable at that framerate. The drop and sustain at 25 frames per second still happens sometimes, though.

I ran a dungeon running on just one card and there were no drops in the framerate at all. Stayed at 30 through the entire thing, and I had a blast.

I’m running with everything on High right now. I have yet to try the Ultra settings on just one card. Supersampling on the one card does cause some lag, but that is understandable with just 1 gig to work with.

Overall, things are just far more stable running on one card in my case. Hopefully this rant helps a little.

—Specs/Drivers—

Driver Version: Catalyst/Crossfire 8.982.0.0

GPUs: Dual ATI Radeon HD 5870s in Crossfire (running at factory settings; no overclock)

Processor: Intel i7 Extreme X980 3.33GHz six-core

RAM: 12 gigs of standard RAM; I’m unsure of the exact speed.

—Clarity Edit—

When I say “lag” in this post I mean drops in framerate, not Internet-based latency.

You might want to grab the newley released AMD Application Profile that got released today supposedly helps my friend out tremendously who also has crossfire, you should be able to re-enable it now

AMD Catalyst 12.8 Application Profiles CAP 2 9/5/2012

Crashing

Posted by: stockingu.2690

stockingu.2690

Well, I was running some benchmarks recently and I saw a tiny performance increase, but only by a few frames- maybe it was because of being in Overflow.

AMD Athlon II X3
HD6850 1GB
8GB Ram
Win7 64

Settings are mostly all on high, with shadows on Medium and LOD to Medium.

I’ve been getting ~35 in unpopulated-ish areas and story quests, but when more than like 11 or 12 people show up on screen I drop to maybe 10 or 15. I’ve tried running MSI afterburner with it, and while it says 100% GPU usage, it’s only using 100 or 200MBs of the graphic memory.

I’d like to know why I’m getting such a low rate- I’m pretty past the reqs. though I’m noticing the difference from this and BWE1

Crashing

Posted by: Hellstrom.8641

Hellstrom.8641

Get a black screen, cursor still visible, music is still there, can alt-tab out and close game

Crashing

Posted by: Lirastrasza.9831

Lirastrasza.9831

AMD FX™-8120 Eight-Core Processor (8 CPUs), ~3.1GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
8GB DDR3-1600 Dual-Kit

As most people allready said,
game work perfect, only in WvW or with Dragon fight the game performence drops bad.
Even had it with WvW 1 time that the game completely crashed :S

Crashing

Posted by: Hakeek.7198

Hakeek.7198

Same issue for me : Nvidia GTX 670 and Windows 7 64.

Crashing

Posted by: Meshuggah.9103

Meshuggah.9103

I have problem of crashing too with nvidia 560 gti. I was in lengthy conversation with support and they suggested alot of solutions but it didn’t solved my problem.
I had to turn graphics down abit to prevent crashing.

This is what i did the remove crashing: set screen resolution to windowd mode (full screen simulation), limit the frames to 30, make sure sample quality is not above nattive, and take off reflections.

I know it makes to game look abit outdated but it’s better than crashing not playing at all.

Crashing

Posted by: Tjynde.1604

Tjynde.1604

Try setting the character animation to low. Works for some people. Mostly for those with the out of memory error, but also for people who only get’s a black screen.

Best regards
Tjynde

Crashing

Posted by: Klaymen.6231

Klaymen.6231

1st rig:
Gigabyte M52L-S3P Motherboard
AMD Athlon II X2 250 @ 3.0 GHz
2 GB RAM 800 MHz
ATI Radeon HD 4850 driver version 12.6
Windows 7 Professional 32-bit
average FPS in range of 18-30 no matter the chosen settings (no visible difference in performance between low and high settings)
GPU-Z shows ~52% of average usage of graphics card throughout a 15 minutes session in Plains of Ashford

2nd rig:
Lenovo IdeaPad Y550
Intel Pentium® Dual-Core CPU T4300 @ 2.10GHz
4 GB RAM
Nvidia Geforce GT 240M driver version 306.02
average FPS in range of 13-26 no matter the chosen settings (slight difference in performance between low and high settings)
GPU-Z shows ~48% of average usage of graphics card throughout a 15 minutes session in Plains of Ashford

(edited by Klaymen.6231)

Crashing

Posted by: irbabOOn.5298

irbabOOn.5298

Hey support team and fellow sufferers of bugs, I have apparently a pretty serious issue regarding the launcher not even starting. This has started up within the last few days and it has been causing me some serious aggravation.

To describe the problem:

Every day, I power down my computer at night and power back on at the start of the day. When I go to launch Guild Wars 2 for the first time on a fresh power-on, everything runs smooth as butter. However, if I exit the game, whether losing internet connection or manually exiting the game, the next time I go back to launch the Gw2.exe, it crashes and gives me an error message that I have described below.

Because I already know it will be asked of me, I have also downloaded and ran the NCSoft Game Advisor and have uploaded the file to this thread.

Hopefully more people have similar issues and there is a fix that can be nailed down.
Thanks

—> Crash <—
Exception: c0000005
Memory at address 6c80a064 could not be written
App: Gw2.exe
Pid: 788
Cmdline:
BaseAddr: 00400000
ProgramId: 101
Build: 15437
Module: RTSSHooks.dll
When: 2012-09-05T08:33:42Z 2012-09-05T01:33:42-07:00
Uptime: 0 days 0:00:01
Flags: 0

—> System <—
Name: —-———————————————-
IpAddr: —-——————————————————
Processors: 4 [GenuineIntel:6:10:7]
OSVersion: Windows 6.1 (64 bit)

—> System Memory <—
Physical: 5760MB/ 8174MB 70%
Paged: 12780MB/16347MB 78%
Virtual: 3024MB/ 4095MB 73%
Load: 29%
CommitTotal: 3566MB
CommitLimit: 16347MB
CommitPeak: 5312MB
SystemCache: 4819MB
HandleCount: 25493
ProcessCount: 68
ThreadCount: 934

—> Process Memory <—
Private: 889MB
WorkingSet: 90MB
PeakWorkingSet: 90MB
PageFaults: 45039

[DbgHelp.dll is C:\Windows\system32\dbghelp.dll]
[DbgHelp.dll version 6.1.7601.17514 (64/32-bit compatible)]

—> Thread 0×10c4 <—

—> Trace <—
Pc:01daa542 Fr:3a66fe7c Rt:00000000 Arg:00000000 00000000 00000000 00f30180

((SHORTENED FOR LIMIT))

Crashing

Posted by: Blight.4806

Blight.4806

Have the same problem. Operating is 32-bit windows 7. Graphic card NVIDIA geforce GTX 460. I hope it can be resolved soon. It’s a shame to be unable to play such an awesome game. i’ve attached the information that was requested.

Crashing

Posted by: baltes.6379

baltes.6379

I will preface this by saying that even when the game dips to 30fps I am impressed and amazed at how smooth, how fluid, how flawless the game is running on my system. I don’t see the fps drop if there is any when in battles, when alot is happening on screen, when around large amounts of players, etc.

with that said I know that this game should run better on my system, the game hardly touches my FX-8120@3.9ghz and even at max settings my HD 6870 never sees above 77% utilization.
the first screenshot I have provided is the game at lowest settings
the second screenshot is the game at maximum settings.

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: Disguised.3492

Disguised.3492

I hope I’m not speaking too soon, but I sort of feel like I may have discovered the root of my issue. I noticed the AVG sticky at the top of the forum. I was running AVG the whole time, and I was unaware that there were compatibility issues with AVG and GW2. So I uninstalled AVG and then I played all night without crashing once, which has never happened up to this point so it was promising at least. Only time will tell!

Crashing

Posted by: Shaamaan.1349

Shaamaan.1349

System
CPU: Intel Core2Duo @ 1,86Ghz (slightly overclocked and running near 2GHz)
RAM: 5GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTS 250
Graphic driver: GeForce 304.79 Driver

At the start of the game (starting areas) I get 5-20 FPS. If I look at a wall or straight into the ground, I’ll perhaps get 25 or 30.

Running GPU-Z I’ve noticed that the GPU isn’t being utilized to it’s fullest and is running around 30-40%. At the same time both CPU cores are being used at 100%; I’m thinking perhaps physics effects are being calculated for every character regardless of visibility by the CPU?

If I move ever so slightly outside the starting area (still the same map), the FPS jumps to ~20 FPS or so, but it’s still way too low.

I know my CPU is old, but really… there’s no AI or advanced simulations to calculate, so it shouldn’t have an impact. The GPU is clearly underused.

Also, it doesn’t seem to matter if I try medium or low settings, the FPS pretty much stays the same (only if I put everything on max does the FPS drop to 5+ FPS or so), at a weak 10-20 FPS.

Attachments:

(edited by Shaamaan.1349)

Crashing

Posted by: Nihilius.7123

Nihilius.7123

Specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition 3.2Ghz
8GB Ram
AMD HD Radeon 6970 Twin Frozr III 2Gb (Display Driver: 12.8)

On average I get around 15/20-30 fps in pretty much every area. In citys it can dip to around 15-20fps, in Lions Arch I get around 12 fps which is completely unplayable. I also get around 12 fps in WvW which again is totally unplayable.

Attachments:

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: romsea.8539

romsea.8539

Hey all,
same problem here, 32bit system and nvidia gtx card, getting random crash in pve once in a while and immediat crash as soon as i enter a big battle in WvW. Although, don’t know if it’s worth to mention but i have very few crash in sPvP, i can play it hours on end with the same graphical settings, here are my logs :

Crashing

Posted by: Ravensky.1628

Ravensky.1628

AMD Athlon X2 6000+ (3 GHz dual-core)
4 GB DDR2
nVidia 9800 GTX+ (306.02)
Windows 7

I average probably 10-15 FPS, dropping to single digits in group events (WvW is unplayable). Using lower than recommended settings.

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: Rykane.9183

Rykane.9183

Specs:

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE 3.2ghz
RAM: 8GB DDR3
GPU: MSI AMD Radeon HD 6950 2GB Twin Frozr II
Driver Version: AMD 12.8

Settings: Set to around High/medium

I get an average framerate of around 20-30 fps. In large areas e.g. citys or large environments it can dip my framerate to around 15-20 fps. In places with large amounts of players and WvW i can get around 10-15 fps.

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: dartagnan.3412

dartagnan.3412

Played the game a few days without crashing. After seeing the launcher downloading an update or something, it now starts to crash like the other guys.

Crashing

Posted by: SaveFerris.9208

SaveFerris.9208

CPU – AMD FX-8150
GPU – ATI 7870 (Sapphire OC edition)
RAM – 8GB DDR3
OS – Win7 64-bit
with Catalyst 12.8

20-30 FPS in most areas, drops to around 10 in WvW battles.

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: Lyreth.6057

Lyreth.6057

Hi im having problems with my fps since yesterday. It’s usally on 50-100 but now its on 7-20. I’m also getting bsod I had one yesterday and three today.
CPU: phenom x4 3ghz
RAM: 4 gb
GPU: ati radeon hd 5700.

(edited by Lyreth.6057)

Crashing

Posted by: Anudieb.2450

Anudieb.2450

My specs
Intel i5 430m
Ati 5650m

Settings medium-high reflections, animation and shadows off

Pve -40-60 fps some randoms drops to 20 fps
Cities-20 fps, normally where is buildings fps drops alot and so the gpu usage and cpu
sPvp-40-60
WvW and big events 10 fps-—— Cpu usage stays in 50% and gpu in 15-25% and doesn’t move from there
I installed th 9.x(august 9) drivers and th 12.8 cap2 and perfomance improved alot but in events remains the same. hope it helps

DXdiag

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: cosine.2583

cosine.2583

My laptop should be getting a little better performance but it dips below 15 often randomly at low-medium settings.

Windows 7 64-bit
Intel Core i5 2430M (dual core, hyperthreading)
8GB 1600MHz RAM
Optimus: Intel HD 3000/Nvidia GT 540M 1GB (306.02 beta drivers)
Fullscreen mode (1366×768, vsync)

My desktop is getting equally abysmal performance when it shouldn’t be having any issues. It often sits in the 30s at high settings and sometimes jumps to 60.

Windows 7 64-bit
Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.4GHz (very stable, quad core)
8GB 1600MHz RAM
2x AMD Radeon 6870 1GB, CrossFire enabled (12.8 drivers)
Fullscreen on a single monitor (1680×1050, vsync), won’t do 3×1 Eyefinity until UI issues are resolved

Desktop DxDiag (pastebin)
Laptop DxDiag (pastebin)

Crashing

Posted by: Jamison.7691

Jamison.7691

Having the same issues as all of you here… i am getting crash out of the game saying its out of memory every time i fast travel to a new area or when i use big cities . Lowering my in-game graphics seems to delay it abit but noo man this game is so beautiful and it a shame to play it on low.
Please fix this !

Crashing

Posted by: ArchCalder.3258

ArchCalder.3258

System:

Windows 7 64-bit OS
Intel Core i7 720QM (1.6 GHz quad-core, can overclock to 2.8 GHz)
ATI Radeon Mobility HD 5870
8 GB RAM
500 GB HDD

I currently play with Full Screen 1920×1080, and custom settings between Best Performance and Default (Low or Mid-Low settings). AA is off, shadows are low, animations are off.

The highest fps I ever had was in the Hall of Monuments (max at about 55 fps).
In cities (underpopulated), I dwindle down to about 25 fps.
In cities (highly populated like Lion’s Arch), I barely reach 10 fps.

PvE is also highly varied, with a max at 38 fps and a min at around 11 fps. Nothing to report on PvP, as I don’t participate.

WvW is ridiculously horrible, never getting more than 20 fps (and that’s when I’m in an isolated portion of the map). I get about 3 fps when there’s only five people on my screen. Computer nearly crashes from framerate issues when there’s a skirmish at a base.

Attached my DxDiag.txt below.

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: uvdanger.6593

uvdanger.6593

Hi guys! im having a really bad time when it comes to Frame rate… i there anything i can do?!

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: Unreal Havoc.7590

Unreal Havoc.7590

From what I’ve been seeing, almost everyone afflicted with problems are either running 32-bit systems, or have an Nvidia GTX and/or TI card.

This isn’t just a problem tied to 32bit operating systems or Nvidia users. It’s happening to 64bit and AMD users aswell. So this “known issue” is obviously bigger than Arenanet understand it to be.

This really needs to be stressed, IT IS NOT JUST A NVIDIA OR 32BIT OPERATING SYSTEM ISSUE, because I don’t want Arenanet thinking that 64bit operating system users or AMD users don’t have the same issue. THEY DO!

I have uninstalled drivers completely (including using Driver Fusion as reccommended), reinstalled drivers from fresh (12.8 and 12.7), tried the Guild Wars 2 file repair, tried the new CAP for Guild Wars 2. I have also tried reverting my overclocked CPU to stock, still the same issue.

It makes no difference what I try. It still happens randomly, and mostly it happens often. It is worth noting I had no such issues during any of the betas.

(edited by Unreal Havoc.7590)

Crashing

Posted by: CrazyIvan.9543

CrazyIvan.9543

I’m crashing too. AMD and 64b.

Crashing

Posted by: Akiru.8065

Akiru.8065

CPU: core 2 quad q6600 @ 2.6ghz(x4)
RAM: 8gb DDR3 @ 1600mhz
GPU: GTX 260 @ oc 10%
game installed in 2x SSD raid 0 at 40% usage.

In regions without huge amount of players 20-40fps (players decreases a lot the FPS) the CPU tend to be at 60-80% load and the graphics card at 20-30%

In capital cities with lots of players 10-20fps, with cpu at 80-90% load and graphics card at 20-30%

In WvW during a siege, 5fps with cpu at 100% and graphics card at 30-40% load.

I normally play games like skyrim at maximum graphic quality without any FPS problem (+30fps in the worst case).
GW2 is currently CPU bound, you should change this to made gw2 GPU bound. Its by far easy and cheapest to update a GPU than a CPU (wich normally requires motherboard changes) for the people who wants to improve its computer without expending a lot of money.

Edit: added dxdiag

Attachments:

(edited by Moderator)

Crashing

Posted by: Draco.2806

Draco.2806

Core 2 Duo @ 3 Ghz
9800 GT (Forceware 295.73)
2Gb RAM
Windows XP 32-bit

I’m not seeing any difference between Stress Tests and this day, getting 25 FPS on average. There’s barely any difference between maxed-out graphics settings and everything on minimum. Enabling super-sampling, oddly enough, results in slightly increased performance.

Looks like performance drops based on the number of players/NPCs in an area. I’ve seen stable 60 FPS in quiet areas a couple of times. Large numbers of players in a fight will drop performance down to a slideshow.

I can’t measure it, but I think CPU/GPU usage may be well below half capacity.

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: cosine.2583

cosine.2583

CPU: core 2 quad q6600 @ 2.6ghz(x4)
RAM: 8gb DDR3 @ 1600mhz
GPU: GTX 260 @ oc 10%
game installed in 2x SSD raid 0 at 40% usage.

In regions without huge amount of players 20-40fps (players decreases a lot the FPS) the CPU tend to be at 60-80% load and the graphics card at 20-30%

In capital cities with lots of players 10-20fps, with cpu at 80-90% load and graphics card at 20-30%

In WvW during a siege, 5fps with cpu at 100% and graphics card at 30-40% load.

I normally play games like skyrim at maximum graphic quality without any FPS problem (+30fps in the worst case).
GW2 is currently CPU bound, you should change this to made gw2 GPU bound. Its by far easy and cheapest to update a GPU than a CPU (wich normally requires motherboard changes) for the people who wants to improve its computer without expending a lot of money.

You can’t just arbitrarily make GW2 GPU bound. The incoming data that’s primarily crunched by the CPU cannot be rendered by the GPU as it’s pure data points, not anything to be rendered – people, numbers of people, what textures they’re wearing that needs to be loaded to the GPU for rendering from disk, and all the in and out data of a client/server setup. A lot of it is simply data that has to be crunched before being passed along before any rendering is done. There are instructions that GPUs are better at crunching and there’s one that CPUs are better at crunching. It’s not an arbitrary choice on the developers’ part.

Crashing

Posted by: Domdom.6025

Domdom.6025

Specs:
CPU: Core 2 Duo E8400, 3ghz
RAM: 4gb DDR3, 1333mhz
GPU: Sapphire HD5750, OC-ed to 870/1280mhz

Normally, my FPS goes around 25-35 on medium-ish settings, but anytime I enter a group event it goes down to 10-15. Also tried WvW, but this is completely unplayable. My top FPS barely reaches 12 FPS. Lowering the settings doesn’t help either, the performance is the same on low settings as it is on medium.

Crashing

Posted by: glcosta.3290

glcosta.3290

Average betwen 20 to 30 FPS (in dynamic events it goes down to 5 or less)
GPU usage 30-40%
CPU usage 60-70%

Just noticed that if i Turn on Supersample instead of native My GPU usage goes from 40% to 70% but unfortunately my FPS stays the same

System Specs:
-Windows 7 x64-bit
-Q6600 – 4core
-8Gb RAM
-Nvidia GTX 560ti (drivers 306.02)

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: SwiftChocobo.3781

SwiftChocobo.3781

i5-3570k @ 4.3
8gig corsair vengeance
Nvidia GTX 680, reference/GTX 680 OC/GTX 680×2 (sli)
Win 7 64 bit
All on RAID0 SSDs
Graphic settings: Everything max, including supersampling (lowering any settings does NOT improve performance)
Nvidia drivers: 306.02 (all 300+ versions give the same performance for me)

I’ve read plenty that kepler cards are not optimized in any way for GW2 yet, but that doesn’t make it any less frustrating when I see my 570 get better performance and stability than my 680s in SLI. Currently, I am only using one stock 680, and average 40-50 fps, with 30 fps lows. That is -playable-, however, whenever I move the camera around, it stutters badly. The stuttering is significantly worse in SLI, which is why I’m only using one card. Also, SLI provided absolutely NO improvement in framerate.

Other than the stuttering, I’ve also noticed that GPU usage is very poorly optimized. My card won’t push past 75%, and prefers the 50-60% range.
I know my rig is fine otherwise, I get the expected performance in all other titles, with the best being in dx11 optimized applications.

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: Erebus Ashsworn.9476

Erebus Ashsworn.9476

Getting frame drops when combat and exp text appears on screen. Not a graphics power issue as the same still occurs on low settings and it has occurred only since the last update.

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: scukTheImmortal.1035

scukTheImmortal.1035

Hello. I’m noticing huge FPS drops with some animations. For example: I’m playing Norn and in story quest when that big ice worm came out of the ground my FPS drops from 60 to 20 and less.
Also I’m having troubles with “Reflections”. If I enable All Reflections my FPS drops for about 20 FPS. Its not a big deal cuz mostly I have 60 FPS but in some areas where FPS was normally 40 is minus 20 FPS real cr@^?p. Same with setting Shaders to high.

I’m playing with everything at max but Reflections are Off, Shaders – Medium, Shadows – High and V-sync Off at 1920*1080 res with nice 70-50 FPS but with annoying drops down to 20 in some “nice looking” animations.

My specs:

Laptop – ASUS G74SX (91310Z)
GPU – Nvidia GeForce GTX 560M 3GB overclocked to: 880/1760/1600; drivers: 296.16
CPU – i7 – 2670QM 2,20 GHz
RAM – 12GB

Scuk

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: X The Manimal.5293

X The Manimal.5293

Looks like mostly everyone is having the same issue even though they have higher end PCs. I’m at work and can’t post specifics but I have a GTX580 (NVIDIA) and an i7 motherboard with 32 gigs of ram (yeah it’s excessive, I know lol). I get up to 160 frames out in the world with steep drops to 80 from time to time. BUT in large population areas like Lion’s Arch and major cities it drops down to a mere 40 frames. I play with everything maxed out graphically. No depth blur or V-Sync, high res textures enabled, and native sampling.

Crashing

Posted by: bassomitron.7821

bassomitron.7821

I am getting the same issue- except mine started when my computer crashed during patching. Now every time I load the launcher, it crashes and produces this report:

• Crash <—*
    Assertion: Failed to load file.
    File: ..\..\..\Services\LoadHandle\LoadHandle.cpp(142)
    App: Gw2.exe
    Pid: 1392
    Cmdline:
    BaseAddr: 00400000
    ProgramId: 101
    Build: 15437
    When: 2012-09-05T11:48:01Z 2012-09-05T20:48:01+09:00
    Uptime: 0 days 0:00:05
    Flags: 0
  • System <—*
    Name: BASSOMITRON-PC
    IpAddr: 192.168.1.134
    Processors: 4 [GenuineIntel:6:10:7]
    OSVersion: Windows 6.1 (64 bit)
  • System Memory <—*
    Physical: 6128MB/ 8043MB 76%
    Paged: 13172MB/16085MB 81%
    Virtual: 2963MB/ 4095MB 72%
    Load: 23%
    CommitTotal: 2913MB
    CommitLimit: 16085MB
    CommitPeak: 2990MB
    SystemCache: 2755MB
    HandleCount: 25389
    ProcessCount: 85
    ThreadCount: 1220
  • Process Memory <—*
    Private: 916MB
    WorkingSet: 124MB
    PeakWorkingSet: 124MB
    PageFaults: 96142

[DbgHelp.dll is C:\Windows\system32\dbghelp.dll]
[DbgHelp.dll version 6.1.7601.17514 (64/32-bit compatible)]

• SerialLoader0 Thread 0×824 <—*
  • Trace <—*
    Pc:0085c60b Fr:0d0afef8 Rt:008330b1 Arg:000aff08 016347f8 01048972 0d0a0000
    Pc:008330b1 Fr:0d0aff14 Rt:0088e51a Arg:00000000 127c0e00 032d5460 00000002
    Pc:0088e51a Fr:0d0aff30 Rt:0064742f Arg:00000000 032d5460 00000000 0d0aff7c
    Pc:0064742f Fr:0d0aff44 Rt:008994fd Arg:127c0e00 8d784bce 00000000 032d5460
    Pc:008994fd Fr:0d0aff7c Rt:008995a5 Arg:00000000 0d0aff94 7546339a 032d5460
    Pc:008995a5 Fr:0d0aff88 Rt:7546339a Arg:032d5460 0d0affd4 775a9ef2 032d5460
    Pc:7546339a Fr:0d0aff94 Rt:775a9ef2 Arg:032d5460 7b6cddd8 00000000 00000000
    Pc:775a9ef2 Fr:0d0affd4 Rt:775a9ec5 Arg:00899523 032d5460 00000000 00000000
    Pc:775a9ec5 Fr:0d0affec Rt:00000000 Arg:00899523 032d5460 00000000 00000000
  • Thread registers <—*
    eax=0d0afad8 ebx=00000000 ecx=00000000 edx=0000003c esi=00000000 edi=00000000
    eip=0085c60b esp=0d0afeec ebp=0d0afef8
    cs=0023 ss=002b ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00000246

eax-32 0D0AFAB8 656c6946 0064d005 00000000 0d0afb28
eax-16 0D0AFAC8 74e0b9aa 0d0afb28 74e0b9bc 0d0afad8
eax 0 0D0AFAD8 80000003 00000000 00000000 74e0b9bc
eax
16 0D0AFAE8 00000002 00000002 141d13c0 00000280
eax+32 0D0AFAF8 2c323739 0000003c 0d0afe60 0d0afbe0
eax+48 0D0AFB08 0d0afb2c 0089d103 0d0afbe0 00000000

• Code <—*
    0085C5EB 10566848 483d016a 02e8e74d deff83c4 .VhHH=.j…M….
    0085C5FB 0c688e00 0000ba48 a33d01b9 4c463d01 .h…..H.=..LF=.
    0085C60B e8b00bdf ff5e5dc2 0400cccc cccccccc …..^]………
    0085C61B cccccccc cc568bf1 8b068b50 10ffd285 …..V…..P….
    0085C62B c0741468 94000000 ba48a33d 01b9b4a3 .t.h…..H.=….
    0085C63B 3d01e87e 0bdfff8d 4e0833d2 5ee99373 =..~….N.3.^..s
  • Stack <—*
    0D0AFEEC 0085c610 0000008e 1296af50 0d0aff14 ……..P…….
    0D0AFEFC 008330b1 000aff08 016347f8 01048972 .0…….Gc.r…
    0D0AFF0C 0d0a0000 8d784ba6 0d0aff30 0088e51a …..Kx.0…….
    0D0AFF1C 00000000 127c0e00 032d5460 00000002 ……|.`T-…..
    0D0AFF2C 127c0e04 0d0aff44 0064742f 00000000 ..|.D…/td…..
    0D0AFF3C 032d5460 00000000 0d0aff7c 008994fd `T-…..|…….
    0D0AFF4C 127c0e00 8d784bce 00000000 032d5460 ..|..Kx…..`T-.
    0D0AFF5C 032d5460 80000003 0d0aff50 0d0af520 `T-…..P… …
    0D0AFF6C 0d0affc4 00899660 81204942 00000000 ….`…BI …..
    0D0AFF7C 0d0aff88 008995a5 00000000 0d0aff94 …………….
    0D0AFF8C 7546339a 032d5460 0d0affd4 775a9ef2 .3Fu`T-…….Zw
    0D0AFF9C 032d5460 7b6cddd8 00000000 00000000 `T-…l{……..
    0D0AFFAC 032d5460 80000003 754876f7 754876f7 `T-……vHu.vHu
    0D0AFFBC 0d0affa0 0d0af524 ffffffff 775e71d5 ….$……..q^w
    0D0AFFCC 013fe73c 00000000 0d0affec 775a9ec5 <.?………..Zw
    0D0AFFDC 00899523 032d5460 00000000 00000000 #…`T-………
    0D0AFFEC 00000000 00000000 00899523 032d5460 ……..#…`T-.
  • Error Logs <—*
    Warning: changing size of versioned file 0×00003a5c:0×00002ec4 from 483724 to 296051
    Warning: changing size of versioned file 0×000029bc:0×0000081c from 483757 to 198348
    Decode was cancelled in the middle of a file-load (0×000484730). Corrupted?
    File size mismatch from archive for 0×000484730; expected = 11972, actual = 0
    File 0×00048473 not found in main archive.
    Deleting file 0×00048473
    Failed to load file 0×000484730
  • DirectX Device Info <—*
    VendorId = 0×10de
    DeviceId = 0×0df4
    Version = 9.18.0013.0479
    Description = NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M
    Compat = 0×00100800
    VidMem = 4050 MB

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: shalloweag.3256

shalloweag.3256

PvE is decent enough for me, sPvP it bogs down a little, but WvW going into a big fight it really starts crawling.

Win7 x64
intel E6850 C2D 3GHz conroe
4GB RAM
Geforce 460GTX 1GB

It’d be really interesting if you could give a vague overview of where you are with optimisation, whether there’s something coming down the pipe or if you’re reasonably confident that GW2 is firing on all (or most) cylinders and I need to stop putting off the upgrade. The other thing that would be interesting is the arenanet perspective on where the stress points are for performance.

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: amytheplanarshift.8520

amytheplanarshift.8520

PvE is decent enough for me, sPvP it bogs down a little, but WvW going into a big fight it really starts crawling.
specsWin7 x64 intel E6850 C2D 3GHz conroe 4GB RAM Geforce 460GTX 1GB
It’d be really interesting if you could give a vague overview of where you are with optimisation, whether there’s something coming down the pipe or if you’re reasonably confident that GW2 is firing on all (or most) cylinders and I need to stop putting off the upgrade. The other thing that would be interesting is the arenanet perspective on where the stress points are for performance.

As you can see from others in the thread, even with a current top-of-the-line system the best you will be doing in WvWvW is around 25 FPS in large battles. I’d hold off and see if they can optimize before you splurge on a new system.

Crashing

Posted by: Danaj.3014

Danaj.3014

i get around 30-40 fps in certain areas regardless of my settings, such as lions arch, the grove, WvW, and some fields

windows 7 64bit
radeon HD 6950
amd 955 (4 core 3.2ghz)
8 GB 1333 mhz

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: symbiont.5417

symbiont.5417

Biggest problem I have is huge fps drops only in WvWvW. Had issues of dropping to 10fps during battles rendering it unplayable. I did update Nvidia drivers to 306.02 beta and it helped by increasing to around 23-25fps, making it somewhat playable but still a slideshow. This is the only place I see these drops, not in large PVE world events or regular gameplay – I hang around 60-70fps there.

AMD Phenom II X4 965
8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 2833MHz (9-9-9-24)
MSI 890FXA-GD70
GeForce GTX 570 (EVGA)
119GB M4-CT128M4SSD2 ATA Device (SSD)
ASUS Xonar DG Audio Device

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: StitchedupAngel.5027

StitchedupAngel.5027

I am experiencing low fps 4-5, no matter where i go in the game time even if the graphics are turned way down and having my drivers for my video card up to date..I know i exceed the the minimum system requirements.

dual core processor 2.6
ram: 4 gig ram
Nivida geforce 330

Crashing

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Specs:
Intel Q6600 2.4ghz OC’d to 3.0 ghz
Nvidia GTX 460 (Using the beta drivers that Arenanet suggested via the GW2 launcher.)
8MB DDR2 ram

All settings on maximum. During the last BWE, on max settings with the above setup, I had absolutely no issues.

Before changing to the recommended beta drivers, and before Arenanet started doing all of the small patching, my performance was pretty good. I would average around 20-25 FPS, even in high populated areas with a lot of spell effects going off. No performance drop, even though the frame rate is pretty low. WvW was OK, a small performance drop when tagging along in the zergs.

Now, in high populated area with a lot of spell effects, my fps drops to around 13-18 FPS, and I am starting to feel a performance drop.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Crashing

Posted by: Refraction.1892

Refraction.1892

Not sure if this is classed as “quite” the same issue, but it seems to be related to the NVidia drivers and how DirectX reacts between loading screens and areas.

Usual FPS varies between 30-60fps constantly throughout the game depending on area and number of people, however sometimes when exiting from loading screens, the nvidia driver appears to get “stuck” in the 2d low power clock speeds, resulting in the FPS dropping to ~10fps.

This can be resolved temporarily by alt-tabbing out of the game, then alt-tabbing back again which restores the 3D Performance mode profile, or the other option is setting the power management profile in the nvidia control panel to Maximum Performance.

Guild Wars 2 and Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim are the only 2 games i have ever experienced this on, same symptoms (post loading screen) and it has never been resolved to date.

I have issued a bug submission to nvidia after their customer care failed to help with the issue, i hope the information im providing gives enough detail to get past this issue, or at least enough so you guys can work together on resolving it.

Full System Specs:
Point of View Geforce GTX 570 1280Mb (non charged edition) Using 306.02 drivers.
Intel i7 920 @ 3.6Ghz
Asus P6B Deluxe V2 Motherboard
6GB OCZ DDR3 1800mhz memory (running at 1798Mhz)
Creative X-Fi Elite Pro sound card
Windows 7 64bit Home Premium Operating system
DirectX up to date as of August via the microsoft DirectX Websetup tool.

Edit: Now i’m at home i can post it my dxdiag.

Attachments:

(edited by Moderator)

Crashing

Posted by: Solefald.8751

Solefald.8751

I already wrote a support ticket, but no answer, just an auto reply. I suffer from FPS drop’s in mass, doesn’t matter where am I. Graphical settings nearly doesn’t matter. Is this game even using my GPU!? FPS is same with driver and without it. Big event’s are realy “fun” to play at 12 fps. WvW is the same. Cities also FPS lagg. Do something. I attach every information I can give, please if you need something else contact me.

System specs.:

CPU: Inter core2quad q8300@2.5ghz
RAM: 8gb dual chanel ddr3 1333mhz
Card: Sapphire Radeon HD6750 1gb GDRR5
Motherboard: Gigabyte G41MT-S2

Crashing

Posted by: the bluesun.7093

the bluesun.7093

Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz
4096 GO RAM
GT 540M 1 GO

Even with a small low resolution i have 30-20fps when it is empty, and 10-5fps when there are a lot of people.

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: Zidane.5360

Zidane.5360

I am also having this same issue.

I have tried deleting and redownloading everything except the GW2.dat file.

As a last ditch attempt I’m going to restore to a backup copy of it since the BWE’s to see if that helps.

Crashing

Posted by: zerozxs.2937

zerozxs.2937

After reading the 3 pages here, I don’t feel so paranoid anymore. Same deal, I can copy and paste probably most of these statuses. I typically get 30-35 FPS then it drops down to 9-12 FPS, ran the first part of AC story last night dealing with it, but after I downed first boss, FPS hurt so bad I couldn’t do anything. This typically happens anywhere that I am playing though, playable, and its fun enough to keep me playing, these FPS issues are driving me crazy…

Intel Core i7 M620 @ 2.67GHz
6GB DDR3 RAM
nVidia NVS3100M 512MB
306.02 Beta drivers, going to downgrade to 304.79 though.

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: Pain.8410

Pain.8410

I’m having a blast playing this game, but I think my system should be able to get higher FPS than it currently does. When I enter the personal story, I hit 40-50 fps. In the outside world and sPvP, I hit 15-25. WvWvW is unplayable (at 7 fps max).

Everything is on the lowest setting possible.

Attachments: