Crashing

Crashing

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Mullins The Great.8297

Mullins The Great.8297

I’ve been playing about 8 hours and I’ve crashed at least thirty times today. It’s gotten a lot worse for me. I rarely crashed in the beta, but it seems I can only play about thirty minutes at a time now. It always seems to happen when using way points or portals. Loading screens freeze quite a bit for me and the game will just CTD at times with no error. Other times the game just freezes and the sound bugs out, just looping the music over and over really fast. I’ve turned the sound from high quality to best performance with no noticeable effect.

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1
Processor: AMD FX™-4170 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs), ~4.2GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 11

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570

Display Memory: 4025 MB
Dedicated Memory: 2508 MB
Shared Memory: 1516 MB

Driver Version: 8.17.13.142

Crashing

Posted by: Lunaleska.3968

Lunaleska.3968

Welcome 2 crashin club mate.Well i think they cant do anythin with this except go n buy NOT nvidia card woot woot…

Not only nvidia having same issues with Radeon HD 6000 series as well.
Went as far as formatting and reinstalling everything and only GW2 causes this issue. (have underclocked GPU/Memory, set my graphics low, set my catalyst per gw2 instructions, everything known to man >_<)

So yeah there has to be something the game did and it would have to be from the last patches within 72 hours ago or longer. Haven’t been able to play since Sunday.

Was hoping to play a good MMO but if this keeps up I’ll be having to go back to WoW or SWTOR /cry

Crashing

Posted by: Mullins The Great.8297

Mullins The Great.8297

Welcome 2 crashin club mate.Well i think they cant do anythin with this except go n buy NOT nvidia card woot woot…

Went as far as formatting and reinstalling everything and only GW2 causes this issue. (have underclocked GPU/Memory, set my graphics low, set my catalyst per gw2 instructions, everything known to man >_<)

So yeah there has to be something the game did and it would have to be from the last patches within 72 hours ago or longer. Haven’t been able to play since Sunday.

Was hoping to play a good MMO but if this keeps up I’ll be having to go back to WoW or SWTOR /cry

Yea with the last few patches the games stability has fallen. I’m definitely never going back to WoW or that style of MMO. This game is free, so there’s really no point in “leaving”. But I might wait till it’s a bit more compatible with my system.

Crashing

Posted by: Lunaleska.3968

Lunaleska.3968

Yea with the last few patches the games stability has fallen. I’m definitely never going back to WoW or that style of MMO. This game is free, so there’s really no point in “leaving”. But I might wait till it’s a bit more compatible with my system.

Oh I plan to check up back on it just makes me sad that I can’t play due to a programmer’s glitch to for all we know tweak a leaf on a tree to look more realistic (not saying that was it but its funny to think it was fine last week then everyone with a decent budget to upgrade their PC can’t play but the guy with a rent a center PC can >_<)

Well venting over I’ll just join the rest of yah hovering over my inbox hoping for a reply to my ticket or a patch to un-tweak that leaf (hehe). Think what is making me frustrated is the lack of communication from them, even a simple “we are looking into it” would suffice…(well for me don’t know about the forum trolls)

Crashing

Posted by: Bleep.6519

Bleep.6519

also experiencing periodic crashes

Far Shiverpeaks [PunK]

Crashing

Posted by: UJack.1860

UJack.1860

Intel i7-2720QM 2.2Ghz
8.00 GB RAM
Win 7 64-bit OS
GTX 555M

As you can see, I don’t have a 32 bit OS but I was having crashing issues for a while. I updated to the appropriate NVIDIA Beta drivers (both the 304.x and 306.x versions) and was receiving the same problem.

I have read elsewhere that GW2 may have problems with the Optimus Nvidia technology, which is what my laptop has. I ran the game with the integrated GPU and it ran fine (well, not visually but it functioned!). The issue seemed to be when the game launched with the dedicated GPU. I was on the verge of giving up when I decided to see if Windows could automatically solve the issue by having it troubleshoot the application. It ran the game through Windows XP SP2 compatibility and now I haven’t had a crash in at least 12 hours of gaming.

Hope this helps with any potential fixes for other users out there.

My original post, but I’ll have to retract the suggestion. Logged on today, greeted by another update, logged in and ran into a crash. Pretty much giving up, plenty of other PC games that don’t have this problem on release.

Crashing

Posted by: PaniK.9482

PaniK.9482

I may have found a fix to this problem. If you have OC(SLI/EPP/ect) RAM, change it to the normal values in the bios. I Changed mine, and played for 10hrs+ lastnight, and about 4hrs today, with out a single crash. Course, it sucks to be running my good ram at lower speeds, at least i can play the game.

Crashing

Posted by: Thud.4712

Thud.4712

Was checking my temps and noticed that when I run GW2 my CPU, which normally runs at 50-60C, jumps to 85+C and stays there. I ran several other programs including all my 3D programs. Only one of them even comes close to that, 75-80C, and only when loading very large files. After the file is loaded it drops back down to 50-60C. My motherboard and GPU stay in the normal ranges regardless. I don’t think the problem is my CPU since it is only happening with GW2. Has anyone else noticed this on their systems?

Just for reference other MMO’s I run: Diablo3, Guild Wars1, Path of Exile, etc all run 65-70C, which is significantly less than GW2.

(edited by Thud.4712)

Crashing

Posted by: Locomoto.7918

Locomoto.7918

It is absolutely unacceptable!

Thousands people (and me too) are constantly complaining about those abysmal crashes! And no word from ANet!

After my first happy day with GW2 I am experiencing frequent BSODs, restarts, freezes etc. The whole system became unstable. Game unplayable.

Interestingly enough, when client decides to let me play for 10-15 mins, game runs amazingly smooth, with average FPS 100-105! What a fantastic experience. And out of the blue – Crash! Boom! Bang!

Intel core i5 3550 3.2 GHz
AMD Radeon HD 7850 2 GB
RAM 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Win 7 64-bit

Do something!
At least tell us that we’ve spent our money in vain.

We seek actions!

Crashing

Posted by: Mattut.8963

Mattut.8963

It is absolutely unacceptable!

Thousands people (and me too) are constantly complaining about those abysmal crashes! And no word from ANet!

After my first happy day with GW2 I am experiencing frequent BSODs, restarts, freezes etc. The whole system became unstable. Game unplayable.

Interestingly enough, when client decides to let me play for 10-15 mins, game runs amazingly smooth, with average FPS 100-105! What a fantastic experience. And out of the blue – Crash! Boom! Bang!

Do something!
At least tell us that we’ve spent our money in vain.

We seek actions!

I agreed.

The only answer´s i get from the support people is that the problem could be my drivers ¿WTF? is the only game that crash my computer.

Fix the game, my computer is OK !

Crashing

Posted by: Thud.4712

Thud.4712

Well, if anyone saw my earlier post, I tried running an external fan over the CPU in addition to my other fans and I have run GW2 for almost 4 hours w/o a crash. I don’t know why it runs my CPU temp so high when nothing else does, and even with the external it is still running 75-80C. This is far too high for long term health but apparently just low enough to prevent a crash. Going to get an uber cooling fan set for the system and try to get it down to about 65 or 70 if not less. Hopefully this info will help others too.

Crashing

Posted by: Countess.3267

Countess.3267

NCSoft’s most recent reply to my ticket on this issue:

“Hello,

Thank you for that update.

It appears the issue may be due to the fact that your version of Windows is only 32-bit and not 64-bit. This is a known issue and we are hoping for a fix but we do not have any ETA on when it will be available. If you are able, I would recommend updating to a 64Bit version of Windows and it should resolve your issue.

Let me know if you have any other questions or issues.

Regards,
Loxy
NCsoft Technical Support"

I’ve noted that a number of people in this thread, having this same problem with waypoint memory crashes also happen to be running 64bit systems, so I’m not inclined to accept this solution (especially since the “fix” would cost another $200 for a new replacement OS – since you have to buy a fresh full version of windows to go from 32-64, you can’t by the $120 upgrade).

I sent this reply:

“1) According to the forums, the crashes also appear to be happening to people with 64bit systems, so I question that as being a reasonable conclusion.
2) a) The game requirements list the required OS as Windows XP SP2 or better. They say nothing of 32bit or 64bit.
b) You also list the game’s memory requirements as 2GB
These were the requirements for the game at release. I would understand needing to improve on these requirements a few months down the road, but not within a week of release. In theory, before releasing, you tested the game on a computer that was set to the minimum requirements in order to ensure that the minimum requirements were indeed the actual functional minimum requirements. That in mind…

I find the solution you are attempting to offer here to be unsatisfactory. I would urge you to develop an alternate solution, or issue a press release with new system requirements (and possibly an apology for the oversight), offering a refund to all players whose systems meet the posted requirements, but do not meet your new ones. I’ve already shilled out $200 for a new graphics card (though, in theory, my old one should have been able to run the game). At present, I am not inclined to spend an additional $200 to purchase a nearly identical OS. (Especially when Windows 8 is likely to be released in October).

I look forward to your reply."

If you find their “fix” to be less than satisfactory, I would urge you to let them know how you feel. Please remember to be respectful and business like in your correspondence. No need to be childish, and support personal are in no way obliged to work with customers who are openly belligerent.

Crashing

Posted by: Criblica.1260

Criblica.1260

I need some serious help! I get this error EVERYTIME i select my character and press play! I get to see some of the loading, but before i get to even see my character I get this error!

• Crash <—*
    Assertion: A file was corrupted in the archive. Please run once with ‘-repair’!
    File: ..\..\..\Game\Main\MainCli.cpp(572)
    App: Gw2.exe
    Pid: 13596
    Cmdline:
    BaseAddr: 00400000
    ProgramId: 101
    Build: 15502
    When: 2012-09-13T00:49:48Z 2012-09-13T02:49:48+02:00
    Uptime: 0 days 0:00:13
    Flags: 0

Ive repaired and let the game check all the files time after time, but with no luck! Im so sad right now Btw, I got a digital coppy!

Crashing

Posted by: RufusROFLpunch.7108

RufusROFLpunch.7108

This is, without a doubt, the most frustrating technical issue I have ever had with a video game. Nothing else even comes close. I can barely the play the game for more than a few minutes without it crashing. It worked perfectly for the first two days. Then the crashing started, and got more frequent. Now, I can’t even get into the game.

After I select my character it goes to the zone loading screen and just sits there forever and never loads. I have to hard reboot every time because the task manager won’t properly kill the game. I have hard rebooted four times in a row now, because I load the game and instantly stalls at the very first loading screen. Like most people, the issue is most common during or right after loading a new zone.

There has been almost no response or acknowledgement of this issue, despite it affecting who knows how many people.

Crashing

Posted by: Twobitt.7812

Twobitt.7812

[quote=

Was hoping to play a good MMO but if this keeps up I’ll be having to go back to WoW or SWTOR /cry[/quote]

Crashing

Posted by: Twobitt.7812

Twobitt.7812

In the last 72 hours???? I’ve been crashing since day one man! Mine happen either if I’m crafting or not doing anything, or if I’m doing WvWvW or PvP. And all of us morons gave Anet our money up front! So now they’ll get to fixing it when they can I guess!

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: callaia.7948

callaia.7948

Crasher here. I just got a reply from Support – maybe you should all give this ago because I can’t complete step 3 DUE TO CRASHING. Any advice is very appreciated.

“Hello.

There is a free trial program called PingPlotter Standard which may be of some use to us in determining the health of your active Internet connection. We ask that if you are using a router, hub, or switch, to first disconnect this device and connect directly to your modem before running this utility. You may have to reboot your modem and/or computer to reestablish your Internet connection.

This program is not supported by NCsoft. You can find the program and information on how to use it at http://www.pingplotter.com/download.html

1. Please download and install the Standard version of PingPlotter.

2. Run the program and in the upper left corner you will see an “Address to Trace:” section.

3. Type in the server IP you find in game by typing in the command /IP while playing on your server.

4. Click the “Trace” button. Please allow the tool to run for at least 30 minutes even if you are unable to play, or you get disconnected during this time.

5. Click on the “Stop” button. Then, click on File -> “Save Sample Set” and save the file to your computer in a location that will be easy to find, such as your Desktop.

Please update your incident at the provided link and attach the report. If you encounter a problem such as excessive lag or Code=007, please tell us what time the problem occurred so that we can investigate that section of the report. "

Crashing

Posted by: ulfvongunther.8756

ulfvongunther.8756

Dearest Tech Support!

I’ve most recently bought the VGA (upgraded from 9600 GT to this baby), to an Ati HD 7750 (Gigabyte), and the game FPS consistently drops low in most areas (tested Human starting zone, Lion’s arch, and Mists).
- I’ve the most recent drivers on everything, as far as I know, and I keep my OS up-to-date!
- I’ve tested the game graphics settings on different presets as well, as on custom settings, and my FPS always drops bellow 25, no matter which option I set!
- I used CPUID Hardware Monitor to investigate a possible overheating issue (though I have custom cooling on a generally low temp CPU, and my Cooler Master chassis use 2 additional Fans to dissipate heat from the case!), I did not find any issues in this regard!
- I used Intel Burn test and FurMark simultaneously to stess my PC, it was working like a charm through the whole procedure!
- I did try the suggestions you’ve sent me in the automated reply from the tech support ticket system, but they does not seem to help either!
- I have 12.8 CAP 2 profiles installed.

I’ll upload the guild wars 2 test file, so any1 can see if there is any mess around that report!

(edited by ulfvongunther.8756)

Crashing

Posted by: Treacle.2654

Treacle.2654

Tonight I saw that the AMD/ATI Crash sticky had been updated. I tried the solution, which was to get a CAP profile update. Either that fixed the problem or an update in todays code did. No crash in almost 5 hours of playing.

Thank you, ArenaNet! I’m finally getting to enjoy the game fully!

Crashing

Posted by: Treacle.2654

Treacle.2654

From Bill Freist’s post-

Alternatively, you can download and install the latest AMD Catalyst™ Application Profiles to fix this issue.
The latest Application Profiles can always be found here .
After installing these profiles, you must restart your computer for them to take effect.

Again, this was in the AMD/ATI crash post. source

Crashing

Posted by: Messiah.6037

Messiah.6037

We want a DATE that you are fixing the GTX problems. I PAID 45euro’s for something that isn’t working properly!

Crashing

Posted by: BROKENCAPS.8670

BROKENCAPS.8670

i know it a crap Solution to this problem but its working.
as long as there isn’t a fix for the problem you can use this.

just turn your settings all the way down to low and you will never crash

sorry if this been mentioned before

i also have a GTX 560 TI, i think its a connection between the drivers and the game
either Nvidia or ArenaNET will fix it eventualy

Crashing

Posted by: Scragglybeard.4015

Scragglybeard.4015

the problem has to be with that game and newer cards because my crashes only started after i upgraded to 560 from 8500s. Before i did this the only time the game stopped was for some connection issues. something about the new cards and gw2 just doesn’t seem to mix. it also steadily got worse to the point i am today of only being able to get 10-20mins of game time before crashing.

Crashing

Posted by: Muddy.5861

Muddy.5861

I have GTX550Ti and crashing heavily when at crafting area or bags open as well.
I will try turning graphics down when in town to see if that helps.
Already tried uninstalling all Nvidia drivers (with 10x reboots) and installing latest drivers, but that made it crash faster and more often.
I have noticed that the crash is pointing to an nvd3dum.dll file that is NOT part of the official Nvidia drivers package since after removing all nvidia drivers this file (all versions of it) remained and it’s considerably older. It’s actually a windows dll file for controlling with how windows interacts with the nvidia drivers. (at least that is what my research yesterday leads me to believe)

edit
I think running windows update and turning off Fraps resolved my crashing issue, not 100% sure yet but played 45min w/o issue so far.

(edited by Muddy.5861)

Crashing

Posted by: somni.7390

somni.7390

FYI Nvidia users – 06.23 – WHQL drivers were just released this morning. Unsure if this fixes the problem at all, but thought i would throw this out here. http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/48847

Crashing

Posted by: Dax.5947

Dax.5947

I too am having problems with my game crashing (screen going black) and having to exit to the task manager to quit the program. Sound still plays and all that jazz as others have reported.

I fixed my problems for the meantime by up-ing the memory clock… seemed to cut out the problem for me, but it might just be a temporary fix. Will update if it seems to be a perma-solution.

Nvidia GTX 660M 2GB
RAM 8GB
Intel Core i7
Windows 7 64-bit

Crashing

Posted by: Shazirah.8350

Shazirah.8350

Same problem: Total computer lock-up, with sound loops.
This only started happening about 3 days ago. Was otherwise working perfectly since release.

System info:
Windows 8 Release Preview (64 – bit)
4.00 GB RAM
Intel Core2 Quad Q9550
Nvidia 790i SLI ULTRA
Nvidia 9800GTX+ (x2, but SLI has been disabled for GW2 play)

DxDiag comes back clean. I have no Arena.log file since it locks up the computer.
All DirectX versions on this computer are up-to-date.
I have tried every single driver, back from 302 to 306.23.
Temperatures are fine. Nothing is OC’d.
Verified game files – no problems there.

No other games crash my computer. I can be standing absolutely still on a fairly low populated map and it will go down. Happens within 15 – 30 mins of playing the game.

Again, this is a new problem. Started maybe 3 days ago. No other changes have been made to the computer.

(Maestro at) Not Another Gaming Acronym [NAGA]:
Resident Keg Brawl Premier League Champions
… with some WvW breaks here and there.

Crashing

Posted by: deshi.4239

deshi.4239

I am also getting frequent display driver crashes causing the screen to go black. Sometimes the game will resume automatically after a couple of seconds, other times I need to go to task manager and then reopen GW2 and it works. Other times GW2 will crash completely and produce an error.

I have tried lots of different suggested fixes. None seem to fix the problem completely.

As others suggested, downclocking seemed to help. I reduced my core clock and memory clock on my GPU by 20% and set graphics to low. Crash frequency has reduced significantly but not resolved completely.

Nvidia GTX 285

Windows event viewer shows frequent error 4101 Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

Crashing

Posted by: romsea.8539

romsea.8539

Hey guys,

Just to let you know what solved it to me, after trying various fixes discussed there, i had my game running in windowed mode (full screen), limited to 60 fps; texture to medium and everything else set to high (auto detect settings).
I still had constant porting and wvw crash.
At that point i just changed my texture to low (so everything else remaining high) and there it was, hours of uninterrupted pve followed by a crazy night of wvw for almost 7 hours) with no crah at all. Game looks still ok with those settings.

Unless there was a fix in game update (but i havn’t seen any) i suspect the texture option and only this one, to be the cause of my crashes.

Hope it will help someone.
Edit: to clarify a bit, i did a fresh install of latest nvidia beta drivers, motherboard drivers, tryed to run the game all low but game looked too bad to my taste so i didn’t push to see if it’d crash, went back to windowed auto detect settings but tryed to allocate more ram to it with the windows 3gb thing, didn’t work so i just cancelled it, then texture option -_-’
windows xp 32 bit
nvidia gtx 285

(edited by romsea.8539)

Crashing

Posted by: Lazzy.4891

Lazzy.4891

I’m not crashing but i’m having absolute terrible performance out of my 660 ti on this game. I’m getting extremely frustrated.

Crashing

Posted by: STATIS.8793

STATIS.8793

I have the best Intel and Nvidia has to offer… I’m with this crew where I must downclock my 680GTX to mediocre low settings to even play. WvW crashes in big battles easy. I’m suspecting there are problems with the way RAM or Frequency changes in CPU and GPU are causing this. Probably due to the fact of Turbo boost and the variable frequencies my GPU may change to. I can max everything out and walk around but then I go to a small skirmish and it will crash.

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name
BIOS: BIOS Date: 07/19/12 15:16:23 Ver: 06.04
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8138MB RAM
Page File: 2560MB used, 13768MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.02.8400.0000 64bit Unicode

I hope you guys can understand the problem soon. Thanks!

Crashing

Posted by: xXxSAGExXx.2356

xXxSAGExXx.2356

hi, i recently bought a new computer, for the purposes of playing gw2 on high quality but for some reason when i max out quality settings my FPS drop below 10. Does this have anything to do with me using a n300 usb dongle on my computer. Here are the specs of my computer please let me know whether its the usb dongle or my tower.

AsRock Z77- Pro3 intel Z77
1155/4xDDR3/SATA3/USB3/HDMI/GLAN/RAID ATX Motherboard
Intel BX80637153570 i5-3570 3.4/3.8GHZ LGA1155 IVY Bridge
Boxed CPU Cores 4/6MB
Kingston HyperX 8g Kit(4Gx2) DDR3 1600
Seagate 3.5 Barracuda 2TB ST2000DM001 SATA3 7200rpm
64MB Cache Hard Disk
Thermaltake TR – 700PCAU TR2 700Watt. 80+Bronze PSU
Antec DF-85 Dark fleet Gaming Case No PSU
Gigabyte 2gb GTX660Ti PCI-E VGA card

Crashing

Posted by: Mattut.8963

Mattut.8963

whe still dont have any answer from ANet ?
are they at least trying to fix this ?

Crashing

Posted by: Xidez.1357

Xidez.1357

Have the same problem but have a Radeon card rather than Nvidia

Crashing

Posted by: NightWolf.6039

NightWolf.6039

I’ve noted that a number of people in this thread, having this same problem with waypoint memory crashes also happen to be running 64bit systems, so I’m not inclined to accept this solution (especially since the “fix” would cost another $200 for a new replacement OS – since you have to buy a fresh full version of windows to go from 32-64, you can’t by the $120 upgrade).

I sent this reply:

“1) According to the forums, the crashes also appear to be happening to people with 64bit systems, so I question that as being a reasonable conclusion.
2) a) The game requirements list the required OS as Windows XP SP2 or better. They say nothing of 32bit or 64bit.
b) You also list the game’s memory requirements as 2GB
These were the requirements for the game at release. I would understand needing to improve on these requirements a few months down the road, but not within a week of release. In theory, before releasing, you tested the game on a computer that was set to the minimum requirements in order to ensure that the minimum requirements were indeed the actual functional minimum requirements.

All very good points, but I was in the same situation. The game would freeze any time I would get into large battles on WvW, and also occasionally when switching between zones in PvE. The crash log showed that I was getting “Out of memory” exceptions. I have an Invidia GTX 560, and originally had 32 bit windows 7 installed. When I saw that the combination of those two was highly suspect, I switched out for 64 bit windows 7. That was over a week ago, and I have not experienced a single crash since. I have been playing every day, and all day on the weekend, with no further problems. So while you have very good reason to doubt the solution, and it indeed does not appear to have worked for everybody, it is definitely possible that it could work for you as well. I know reformatting and reinstalling everything can be a major pain, but it may be worth a shot, depending on your situation.

At present, I am not inclined to spend an additional $200 to purchase a nearly identical OS. (Especially when Windows 8 is likely to be released in October).

Thankfully, you don’t have to buy a new version of windows to switch between 32 and 64 bit versions. Though you may only have one copy of either 32 or 64 bit installed at one time, your license key gives you the right to chose which version you wish to use. So all you would have to do is simply uninstall (or format containing drive) the 32 bit version of windows, and then do a clean install of the 64 bit version. No additional license is required. You just have to get your hands on a 64 bit install disk, which you can just borrow from a friend, so long you use your key when installing it. Here is a link to a discussion about this on Microsoft Answers:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-windows_install/is-a-windows-7-license-key-valid-for-both-32-bit/70d546cd-b6e3-44d8-a6c8-fd7feb7d1915

(edited by NightWolf.6039)

Crashing

Posted by: Risika.8621

Risika.8621

Yeah, same crashing here ever since day 1. I could play the betas with hardly an issue but now I can barely enjoy the game thanks to the ‘Out of Memory’ crashes. Come on ArenaNet, fix this please!

Risika – 80 Ranger – Ehmry Bay – Sea of Stars [SoS]

Crashing

Posted by: RufusROFLpunch.7108

RufusROFLpunch.7108

I am so tired of this issue. This crashing when zone loading, or just random crashes with sound looping, is driving me crazy. I haven’t even been able to log into the game in days. I’m trying to load my main character it and crashes at the first loading screen. It just sits there loading forever and I have to hard reboot. Even when I could log in, sometimes I couldn’t play more than 10 minutes without it crashing and requiring a hard reboot.

I honestly feel like I wasted my money. There has been basically no response from Anet on this issue, despite an absolutely ridiculous amount of complaints. If I could just get an update on this, so that I have some idea that they’re even paying attention, it would make it easier to be patient.

Crashing

Posted by: Saesha.9782

Saesha.9782

I have just about the best PC that money can buy and have also been crashing constantly for about a week (with ZERO changes to my PC/drivers during that time). There aren’t any reasonable people in this thread who believe it’s not totally on ArenaNet’s end anyways. I was spending $50 every few days on gems/items in-game, but I’m not coughing up another cent until ArenaNet completely stops with the bald-faced lying and misdirection, blaming this crap on their customer’s PCs/drivers/cats.

Blowing off this issue and looking as un-professional as you do in the process is costing you vast amounts of money, ArenaNet. Get your act together and STOP with the lying/BS and making people post all sorts of garbage about their PCs which you KNOW isn’t the problem in the first place.

Crashing

Posted by: Mighty Tankus.9620

Mighty Tankus.9620

they should stop trying to play geek squad and find their problems

Crashing

Posted by: Gurren Lagann.1543

Gurren Lagann.1543

Can we please get a update on this issue im getting sick of crashing every 30-40 minutes

Crashing

Posted by: Trintuke.4198

Trintuke.4198

I have the same issue. In Saturday (09-15) I updated Nvidia driver to 306.23 and I noticed that crashes really decreased. I was happy just for one crash in a day, that was fine. But then the patch came out in 09-18 and everything started all over again. Now i can barely play the game for 10-45min.

GTS 250
Intel Quad Q9400
4Gb RAM

Crashing

Posted by: Silverfox.1609

Silverfox.1609

I have the exact same issue and I’m at my wits end. Seriously 2 weeks and no futher update to a problem that is affecting half your customer base. Ridiculous

Crashing

Posted by: Fenrir.4915

Fenrir.4915

After the new patch ( 18/09 ) i just cant play !
The game crashes at the login screen, if i join i can play for about 5 mim…

Its a shame that they are doing nothing about that, thousands of players got this issue.

Crashing

Posted by: Grobo.7481

Grobo.7481

Agreed, after the latest patch, I’m crashing constantly, didn’t have any problems with this before. I’ve tried several different drivers for my GTX 560 Ti but it keeps crashing after latest patch.

Please fix this!

Crashing

Posted by: Onyxhammer.6078

Onyxhammer.6078

I got the same problem. I can run the game with most settings on high and it runs very smooth. The problem is that I get this screenfreezes with the background sounds that turn into a annoying buzzing sound. From that moment I can’t do anything at all. Some times I’m able to alt tab and close the game by usig ctr alt delete. But then it its still somehow running and have to shut down my pc. Other times I just have to hold my power button because the game crashed that badly. I tried diffferent solutions posted on the internet and I can state to confirm that none of them will be a solution. I hope NCsoft and Arenanet will fix this asap(this week). I mean this are bugs which keep ten thousands of people from playing. Better fix this issue before you start fixing regular bugs and other updates.

cheers Onyxhammer

Crashing

Posted by: Draco.1486

Draco.1486

game keeps crashing….and now whenever there is a crowded area or event FPS drops very low. game is becoming very frustrating.

Crashing

Posted by: Neka.2403

Neka.2403

Well, another “GTX” user with crashing, and worst performance than before the patch, mine is a 480 GTX SOC. Most of time I’m unable to enter the game, the launcher crash…

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: megakao.1856

megakao.1856

Another fellow crasher reporting in. This problem escalated after the 9/18 update.

What’s weird is that sometimes I can go for 2-3 hours perfectly fine, but then the next time I play, I black-screen/crash within 10 seconds.

On the bright side, it’s a bit comforting to know that I’m not the only one, and there are thousands of other people on the same boat.

Anet, please fix!! I feel like my $60+ went down the drain.

Attachments:

Crashing

Posted by: Bobmaster.8123

Bobmaster.8123

I just started having this problem today after the 09/25 patch. I updated my graphics driver, but it didn’t fix the problem. My whole screen just freezes and I have to hold my power button down just to get it to restart.

Attachments:

(edited by Bobmaster.8123)

Crashing

Posted by: Farore.5347

Farore.5347

I’ve been having this problem since the game was released, but not during beta.

Attachments: