Email authentication.

Email authentication.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Vladimer.7051

Vladimer.7051

Is there a problem with the email authenticator?
My friend has yahoo mail, he was able to log in yesterday by selecting the email from Anet ( was In spam )

Now today no emails, he has tried 9 times to log I to game and 3 times on the website.
He checked every folder available in yahoo mail. And no luck.

Thank you. Would be nice to know.

Email authentication.

Posted by: Angel.5029

Angel.5029

I have the same issue I get no e-mail on my yahoo mail service

Email authentication.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Investigating now.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Email authentication.

Posted by: Darkwind Suul.7128

Darkwind Suul.7128

this is a know problem at yahoo. i still cannot receive email from gw2 since last week and that is after having been in touch with them at least 4 times, i am thinking of switching from yahoo mail
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Authenticator-issue-1

(edited by Darkwind Suul.7128)

Email authentication.

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I get stuff from anet on my yahoo email every day, including today. The reset mail does go into the spam folder though.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Email authentication.

Darkwind Suul.7128

My troubles started when i found the email in spam and i clicked the “not spam” button. Since then no email anywhere from gw2

Email authentication.

Vladimer.7051

My troubles started when i found the email in spam and i clicked the “not spam” button. Since then no email anywhere from gw2

My friend said that is the same thing, He selected not as spam and has not been able to get the email authentication.

His case # 21293 —-— says request # , but it is odd he did get the email confirmation when he submitted the issue request.

Email authentication.

Posted by: BOATG.6910

BOATG.6910

support ticket #21455 has same problems…..clicked NOT SPAM….now can not access game

Email authentication.

Vladimer.7051

Investigating now.

Any luck Gaile?

Email authentication.

Posted by: MasterRocking.7039

MasterRocking.7039

The following support ticket number is having the same issue…

Email authentication.

MasterRocking.7039

So is anything actually happening guys or is ArenaNet quite happy to just let some of its paying customers have their accounts disappear forever because your “email authenticator” provides security from even the owner of the account? Great job, guys.

Email authentication.

Darkwind Suul.7128

This is more a problem with Yahoo system then arenanet. Meanwhile support has removed authentication of my account so i can log in game until this is resolved.

Email authentication.

MasterRocking.7039

Good to hear, Darkwind Sull. Gaile, any chance of having the same done for the user who submitted support ticket #20777?

Email authentication.

Posted by: Snake.8306

Snake.8306

I have the same issue except it’s not Yahoo. It’s Comcast.

Edit: This is for my guild wars 1 account.

(edited by Snake.8306)

Email authentication.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Let’s be clear. As far as we can tell, this is not an issue with the authenticator, this is an issue with certain e-mail providers blocking the inbound e-mails. Not just authentication e-mails, but also ticket responses, receipts, log-in details for new players, and more.

And over that issue, obviously, we have no control. We’ve noted this is a problem with Yahoo, Gmail sometimes blocks or send to an odd “tab,” and I just learned that Hotmail is marking some of our mails as “fraud.” I’ve seen two reports that Comcast is blocking our mails. Again, we can’t control that, but the team is trying to get this addressed to the best of their ability!

Our team is investigating, but in order to track this issue, they need the “full header” from the e-mail. That’s explained on this link: http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?locale=en_US&page=content&id=SLN3276

If you are not getting your emails, can you please provide the full header in a Private Message to me?

Thank you for your patience and for your help as we try to get this addressed!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Email authentication.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Good to hear, Darkwind Sull. Gaile, any chance of having the same done for the user who submitted support ticket #20777?

Discuss with the team via the ticket, but I feel sure that this can be addressed. What I would recommend is as soon as this issue is resolved and the e-mail providers stop blocking our mails, players should re-install authentication immediately.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Email authentication.

Posted by: BOATG.6910

BOATG.6910

PM sent with header for mine. I’m BOA smid.1783 . I had to borrow a friend’s account to post this. I’ve sent in a ticket, ticket 21455. I’ve sent a couple of emails on following but haven’t heard anything in return yet, so hoping they went through!

Email authentication.

Posted by: Major Armstrong.6870

Major Armstrong.6870

My friend is having the same issue. His support ticket number is the same issue as above… When/If he gets in he said he will use google authenticator.

Ticket #20326

Email authentication.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Thanks for sending the info, BOATG.

Major Armstrong, as I mentioned, the header is usually dozens of lines long. Please see the link above (the Yahoo article link) for instructions.

Thank you!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Email authentication.

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

not working for me:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<Error code="48" module="3" line="288" text="callback (): TypeError: Cannot read property 'type' of undefined TypeError: Cannot read property 'type' of undefined at Object.<anonymous> (file://Account/Code/Lib/security.js:225:48) at file://JsSrv/Code/lib-troll.js:309:36 at Object.<anonymous> (file://Account/Code/Lib/security.js:188:25) at file://JsSrv/Code/sugar-sts.js:160:71"/>

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

Email authentication.

Posted by: Major Armstrong.6870

Major Armstrong.6870

Gale I sent you the update info through PM. The only email’s yahoo seems to block for him is the authentication email. The support one came through for some reason. He got an automated response when he filed his ticket (# 20326). Thanks for any help you can provide. I am sure he will thank you him when he gets access back.

Email authentication.

MasterRocking.7039

Hi Gaile,

Info sent to you in PM but just to post it here in case it helps resolve things quicker…

I’m posting on behalf of the user with support ticket #20777. They have updated their support ticket to request for authentication to be turned off but can no longer receive emails from ArenaNet. So he can’t actually tell if anybody has seen the update to his support ticket, lodged a few days ago.

“Our team is investigating, but in order to track this issue, they need the “full header” from the e-mail. That’s explained on this link: http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?locale=en_US&page=content&id=SLN3276

That link gives me a 404 error.

Yahoo mail has emailed my friend but only managed to send him a form to fill out which turned out to be the same form he had already filled out. Hence, we’re hoping he can have the authentication turned off on his account so he can relog and switch to a better email address.

Thanks for your help.

Email authentication.

Posted by: Hamsnik.8357

Hamsnik.8357

Gaile,
Thanks for all the help. Heard back from support a minute ago. All is well. You guys rock.

Email authentication.

Posted by: Yuya.8590

Yuya.8590

pls update ticket case #29602.. My friend cant get the email authenticate on her email acc…

Email authentication.

Posted by: Prefectus.7408

Prefectus.7408

My wife has been locked out sense last evening please help with case #28897

Email authentication.

MasterRocking.7039

Once more, ticket #20777 cannot access his account. He has updated his support ticket to ask his authentication to be disabled. Support have replied to him once but were extremely unhelpful.

Email authentication.

Posted by: Hxcgeminix.2501

Hxcgeminix.2501

I am posting a friend’s account, because I cannot log onto my own due to authentication problems for Ticket #31946. I can’t receive a reset for my password, or another email authentication, and unable to log onto the forums on my main. I got a “Bad Request” on the first authentication link that was emailed to me. I can’t even turn off the authentication because the option is greyed out. Main account is YourFriendMarvin.4127

(edited by Hxcgeminix.2501)

Email authentication.

Posted by: scinder.8315

scinder.8315

I am also posting on behalf of a friend who can’t log in. They raised a ticket #35231 and have not even received an email to suggest it was raised so i’m assuming their emails are getting blocked by yahoo.
They haven’t found the serial number yet but are still looking.

Email authentication.

Posted by: Dekker Duehart.2879

Dekker Duehart.2879

please update ticket case #35295 My friend cant get the email authenticate mail (yahoo mail)

Email authentication.

Posted by: Blazon Stone.9630

Blazon Stone.9630

For those still experiencing this problem: My ticket was #20777 mentioned above. Support was eventually able to turn off my email authentication as a temporary solution, but the underlying issue between Yahoo mail and guildwars2.com addresses persists. I wrote a bit more in the other thread in case it helps:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Not-Getting-Our-Mails-Note-for-Users-of-Gmail-Others/first#post3140546

Email authentication.

Posted by: aclockworkangel.1927

aclockworkangel.1927

Posting this for someone having email issues with Yahoo email authentication. He cannot post here himself because he cannot log into the forums. His ticket is #32198.

He is having the same ‘not spam’ issue with Yahoo and now cannot get any emails from noreply@guildwars2.com. A ticket has been opened with no reply yet. He has asked that his email be changed to a non Yahoo address and that email authentication be removed until he can add a non Yahoo address to his account.

He has also emailed Yahoo about the issue. When can he expect a resolution on this?

Email authentication.

Posted by: Hxcgeminix.2501

Hxcgeminix.2501

I seem to have that “not spam” issue for ticket #31946. This is really frustrating to deal with, I hope it gets fixed. I’d like to get a removal for my authentication as well.

(edited by Hxcgeminix.2501)

Email authentication.

Posted by: scinder.8315

scinder.8315

Yeah the Yahoo issue is terrible at the moment.

I raised a ticket for my partner and then got DC’d from the Internet which then logged me out and then I got the issue on my own account and couldn’t even log back in here to comment myself. Managed to get support to remove my authentication.

Partner’s ticket #35231 never received an auto-reply from Support unlike my account. Raised another ticket #38584 with serial code which has seemed to get the auto-reply this time.

Email authentication.

Posted by: veveritz.3524

veveritz.3524

Having the exact same issue. About a week ago i received an authentication email that went into the spam folder and I clicked on " not spam" and since then, i’m not receiving any email from noreply@guildwars2.com. This is even more frustrating since i switched to a dynamic IP about a month ago and i have to restart the modem to get an IP that was authenticated before this happened. Checked the blocked list and the address is not there, added noreply@guildwars2.com to contacts and still nothing. Seems yahoo messed it up real good. Help please!

Email authentication.

Posted by: Wayne.9714

Wayne.9714

I have not been able to authenticate my account at home since Thur. 10/31/13
I have had a request #28439 in from Thursday on. I receive emails back from customer support but no resolution as of yet.

Oxtie Mes,Hi Oxtane Engi,
Oxnar War, Oxnar Blades Thf, Oxnar Ripclaw Rng,
Ox Nar Ele, Oxett Necro, Oxann Grd.

Email authentication.

Posted by: Wayne.9714

Wayne.9714

Got in. Thank you Support Team.

Oxtie Mes,Hi Oxtane Engi,
Oxnar War, Oxnar Blades Thf, Oxnar Ripclaw Rng,
Ox Nar Ele, Oxett Necro, Oxann Grd.

Email authentication.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

So is anything actually happening guys or is ArenaNet quite happy to just let some of its paying customers have their accounts disappear forever because your “email authenticator” provides security from even the owner of the account? Great job, guys.

All evidence points to this being an issue with a “feature” in the Yahoo Mail system, not an issue with Arena Net’s Authentication system. You are ranting to the wrong internet gods.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Email authentication.

Posted by: cloudsoloud.1782

cloudsoloud.1782

Having the exact same issue. About a week ago i received an authentication email that went into the spam folder and I clicked on " not spam" and since then, i’m not receiving any email from noreply@guildwars2.com. This is even more frustrating since i switched to a dynamic IP about a month ago and i have to restart the modem to get an IP that was authenticated before this happened. Checked the blocked list and the address is not there, added noreply@guildwars2.com to contacts and still nothing. Seems yahoo messed it up real good. Help please!

Same issue for my main account, with the “not spam” issue. I receive no authentication mail. I messaged Yahoo, and they said my account is fine. My main account is YourFriendMarvin.4127 . I know you guys are looking into it, but it’s really frustrating :/ It’s been 3 days already after my response to my ticket, and nothing yet. I posted in the 3 days or more thread about tickets, I think one of the options is for support to change the email until the problem is fixed. 31946:Authentication Issue (request #31946)

watwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwatwat

Email authentication.

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Moving this post to a more relevant thread.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

Email authentication.

Posted by: ThinkPT.1795

ThinkPT.1795

A friend of my has the same problem, he is using hotmail and he doesn’t get any e-mail for authentication or to reset the password

Email authentication.

Posted by: Riftwarden.4950

Riftwarden.4950

My friend has the yahoo email authentication problem. Can we please help her by removing email authentication requirement or whatever magic you can do ASAP? I’ll help her get another email account setup to prevent this in the future. Thank you!

Her ticket number is 239120

Email authentication.

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

My friend has the yahoo email authentication problem. Can we please help her by removing email authentication requirement or whatever magic you can do ASAP? I’ll help her get another email account setup to prevent this in the future. Thank you!

Her ticket number is 239120

Is she getting the emails from support?

If not, she should try an alternate email address, and include that ticket number in an email to support@guildwars2.com (IIRC the address right)

Also, I think she can use the automated recovery is she has the required info to remove email authentication : https://account.guildwars2.com/recovery