Error:(code=7:11:3:189:101)

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

I’ve been having this problem since I started playing short of a few months ago. My wife is having the same issue. It is completely random and sometimes I will get disconnected and she doesn’t, and vise-versa. It’s really annoying and needs to get fixed.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

Posted by: teladi.7913

teladi.7913

Will any administrator provide some update regarding this issue?

Also please ignore this message as with all the previous ones until now.

PD. Don’t tell me to ask a question via support, it’s useless; can’t accept the fact you guys got a server side problem and keep insisting on trying local adhoc fixes.

Posted by: Encore.7053

Encore.7053

Just reinstalled after upgrading my laptop with an ssd Now im getting this error no matter what I try atm. Running Win Ultimate now was running Home before. Dunno if thats an issue. Anyone found a fix pls post, and I will be very gratefull.

Posted by: MacCoy.1897

MacCoy.1897

been having this issue every evening and morning for the past month or so.

Posted by: Keyang.3729

Keyang.3729

My daily routine is:

5:30pm after work.
6:00pm get home, cook/eat, play GW2, no lags
7:45pm GW2 starts lagging, skills no response, DC with error 7:11.
8:00pm quit GW2 and play HoN

XD

When a thief tells you to L2P they mean …

Posted by: Adzeni.2478

Adzeni.2478

Are people still having this issue? Got so bad that I quit playing altogether for a few months... I’m trying to get back into it, but my computer keeps crashing before I can figure out if I’m gonna get d/c’d. Once I fix that issue, I’ll post an update on this one. /:

Posted by: van.1503

van.1503

I got this problem since new path. cant play more than 5min
I got a huge lag first and then dc. Especially in pvp. pve seems better.
I’v tried router and firewall setting. All of them do not work.

Posted by: LPHeadstrong.6798

LPHeadstrong.6798

Got this a few times in the last hour. Never seen it before today. No router settings changed, no interfering programs, in-fact I was in the same area (in-game) as yesterday. WTH?

Posted by: Jasonsmits.9687

Jasonsmits.9687

Oke i seem to have fixed my problem.

I just bought a 40 euro USB wifi stick.. my internet now runs 100 times smoother (not faster) with everything and i just played GW2 for about 5 hours on a sunday wich is peak day without any dc’s.

I went from a Belking 100N to a Sitecom 600N wich has a dual band wireless connection with my router..

I know you guys dont wanna spend another 40 euro’s just to play a game but trust me it enhances all your game and download experiences.

When i called my ISP earlier they told me to look at my router settings and look at the usage of device’s on my router and my phone was using 5 times the amount of internet that my computer took while playing TERA: Rising.

Posted by: solitas.6243

solitas.6243

I’m having the same issue. I get on and it kicks me off! Anyone have any idea how I can fix this? I am hard wired to my router and I have a have the fastest internet time warner sells. Nothing else is downloading. What is going on here?

Posted by: mestessoiostesso.6587

mestessoiostesso.6587

Same here, been having error code 7 since this morning. Reset computer, got rid of AV and Firewall, reset router.. Nothing still persists. Back to Skyrim I guess :p

Posted by: xaunpy.9081

xaunpy.9081

I think I fixed it. Apparently NVIDIA Application Filter was botching Guild Wars 2 in my PC, I removed NVIDIA Forceware Network Access Manager and suddenly everything worked fine. I don’t know if it was a coincidence, but it is worth a try.

( i know i am necroing a post, but i had this error last night, and apparently got fixed by this)

Posted by: Chillius.8165

Chillius.8165

I have been receiving this error since Monday

Whitepayn (Charr Guardian)
Aurora Glade

Posted by: samo.1054

samo.1054

Been getting this error for 2 hours now and a lot of trouble getting Log-in server to let me into the game.

What’s going on? -_-

Posted by: Wulf.3064

Wulf.3064

Yup, as of today I’m getting this error as well. Its not me, watching 1080P streams on my other monitor without any stutter. It’s not my firewall either. Getting a lag spike – then boom disconnected to character screen I.e Error 7. This happens everywere regardless of WvW or not, every.god.kitten .2.to.10 minutes. I.e Error 7. Seriously, has there been no official fix yet after such a long time of people complaining about it? Really frustrating.

Posted by: felmerion.2405

felmerion.2405

Same for me since yesterday …. got kicked out for 30min then everything came back to normal. This morning a play 4h straight w/o any pb and since i can’t login with this code message ….

Posted by: MasterYoda.8563

MasterYoda.8563

If you have a router get both of your Domain Name Server (DNS) and your router IP address and write them down. Then open DOS CMD then type ping -n 50 your dns here hit enter Do that with both DNS and your IP

If you don’t have a router in the DOS CMD type in ipconfig /all hit enter then look for DNS . Then type ping -n 50 your DNS here hit enter.

At the end of the these test if you get any packet loss write it down and the average ms. If you get packet loss it means something is wrong on your end like a bad cable or bad RJ45 cable connection when the cable was made as one example. Call your ISP and they will probaly have you do the same test above again before they will send someone out.

If have spare calbes change them out to see if it helps.

I had my ISP come out his week and so far it was a bad RJ45 connection when they made it outside of the house at the box whe they installed my FIOS.

Game Security Lead “Closing this thread,
your account,and your 384 other accounts”
GG Anet

(edited by MasterYoda.8563)

Posted by: Hawkster.2398

Hawkster.2398

I started getting it this week , it is really frustrating .

But yeah mine is also everywhere ,works fine , button mash number 1 and then pause .

Then a few min pass then Dc …..

So yeah it is really a shame cause it is a great game !

Posted by: aophts.9862

aophts.9862

I’m having this STUPID issue too. Seriously, i can’t even kitten play the game and when i find a group for dungeon this kittening stupid kitten happens. WTF, improve your servers, jesus.

Posted by: MasterYoda.8563

MasterYoda.8563

I’m having this STUPID issue too. Seriously, i can’t even kitten play the game and when i find a group for dungeon this kittening stupid kitten happens. WTF, improve your servers, jesus.

You can’t always blame the servers for your error codes, I posted some helpful trouble shooting tips in few post above. I was having both error codes 7 & 58 for months and it was all on my end. Code 58 was with my router, it needed a hard reset and that fix it along with updating it to DD-WRT software. For code 7 it was with my RJ45 connection outside in ISP’s box was bad, my ISP came and redid the connection and no more code 7 since. So you see you can’t always balme the servers.

Game Security Lead “Closing this thread,
your account,and your 384 other accounts”
GG Anet

Posted by: Polismassa.6740

Polismassa.6740

You can’t always blame the servers for your error codes, I posted some helpful trouble shooting tips in few post above. I was having both error codes 7 & 58 for months and it was all on my end. Code 58 was with my router, it needed a hard reset and that fix it along with updating it to DD-WRT software. For code 7 it was with my RJ45 connection outside in ISP’s box was bad, my ISP came and redid the connection and no more code 7 since. So you see you can’t always balme the servers.

That as may be, but i don’t have these types of problems with any other game at all. For some reason GW2 simply won’t play nice with my internet, and it’s frankly not worth calling in service people from the ISP to fix a problem that only exists with one game.

Also, even if a bad external RJ45 connection is the problem here, why is it only causing problems with this game. That tells me that it’s not just the connection that is bad, but the way GW2 handles that connection, AKA, a software issue.

There needs to be some sort of fix for this. Why spend so much time making a game that a large portion of the population can hardly even play for certain periods of time. Also, I urge anyone skimming through these threads for a possible fix to at least post something here so Anet can no longer pretend that the problem is not serious enough to warrant inquiry.

[IX]

Posted by: Ossyrana.1637

Ossyrana.1637

For the next update, can we make it so that we have a choice whether or not to pick up where we left off in story mode, in case we get kicked off??? Please!!! )) I’ve been having such bad server connection and cannot get through the longer story modes because errors occur every five minutes. (It’s bad enough having this problem plus lagging even in normal play in Tyria). It’s not too bad if I get kicked off at the beginning of the instance. If in the middle, it’s quite annoying, especially if I died for nothing (wouldn’t be for nothing if I could finish the chapter) with much armor to repair (gets expensive). But it’s worse when I’m SO close to being done and I’m sent to the menu page right before I’m about to finish It’s not fun having to repeat the same quest over and over again… so it would be really wonderful to have the choice of picking up where you last were in the story Thanks! I’d SO dearly appreciate this!!!

(edited by Ossyrana.1637)

Posted by: Belgiumsurvival.1596

Belgiumsurvival.1596

I’m getting sick of this error,it’s making it impossible to do only 1 mission!
I’m 90% sure this has nothing to do with my network,i’m 12 and i really hate it
that i spended 40 euro’s at a game that make’s me wanna throw the game into the furnace.PLEASE FIX THIS!! >:(

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

Ditto, this bug started appearing randomly and nothing changes it. It persists through formatting the computer and resetting the router. Right now i got kicked out in the middle of a fight with Scarlet. 40 minutes wasted with no reward because of Anet bug.

Edit: When can we actually have this moved to bugs? 6 pages should indicate it’s not us.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

(edited by Treeline.3865)

Posted by: Kaiser.2650

Kaiser.2650

Agreed with Treeline. Can’t be on our end, not with so many people having the same problem. I fully EXPECT my connection to be bad, since I’m in Brazil, but this is beyond anything acceptable. Everything runs fine on my computer, then I open GW and BAM! out of connection for some time.

Posted by: necromancer.8431

necromancer.8431

same problem here. i bought this game 4-5 days ago and i only able to play for 2 days.. error 7 as soon as i login with my character

Posted by: dan.2098

dan.2098

Hey guys – Error 7 can often pop up for a number of reasons. Unfortunately there isn’t a set “fix” that will resolve it every time and so usually there is a bit of troubleshooting involved. For any of you experiencing this issue, specifically when you are trying to log in, I’d like to have you guys try two things: Winsock reset followed by a DNS flush.

Let’s start with the Winsock reset. To do this, please follow the steps below:

1. Click the “Start” button to bring up the Start Menu.

2. Type in CMD into the “Search programs and files” field but do not hit enter. Doing this will change your start menu to show the program “cmd.exe.”

3. Right-click on “cmd.exe” and select “Run as Administrator.”

4. Type “netsh winsock show catalog >C:\LSP.txt” without the quotes. This will save a file to the root of your C drive called LSP.txt. You don’t need to do anything with this – this is more of a confirmation that these steps were done correctly.

5. Once complete, type “netsh winsock reset” without the quotes. When the command is completed successfully, a confirmation appears, followed by a new command prompt line.

Next, please try clearing your DNS cache. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Press and hold the Windows key and press the R key. This should bring up the “Run” dialogue box.

2. In that box, type “cmd” without the quotes, and click the “OK” button. A DOS window should open.

3. Enter the following command below and press enter: ipconfig /flushdns

This should clear your DNS cache. You may need to perform this command a few times.

Did this and I still have the same problem.
I’m playing from Poland.

Posted by: Flamingkimchi.3507

Flamingkimchi.3507

I’ve only had this game for at most two and a half weeks and I’m greatly disappointed that this error keeps popping up and stopping me from playing a game that I’ve come to enjoy.
I think this is a poor job that I’ve yet to see an actual solution to this error and to have wasted my money on a game that I can’t even play now I did’t even get to play it for a month I’ve been using multiple ways to try to fix it and I still don’t have any good results.
I feel cheated mainly since I’ve been working for my character.

Posted by: Tasslehoff.5738

Tasslehoff.5738

After yesterday patch got this error twice,

Once in the middle fight in PvP (tournament)
and few minutes ago in frostgorge fighting with wolfs. My ISP is stable I was DC only from the game.

Posted by: kaidenzs.8190

kaidenzs.8190

I have never got this patch but today after I patched I got it while trying to load my character and haven’t been able to get on since.

Posted by: hoaxdream.9182

hoaxdream.9182

after i patch i got this error 5:11:3:159:101, i’m just starting to enjoy this game after a month i stop from playing this coz i came back to wow, and after getting bored, i decided to try this again, and now can’t play because of this stupid error

Posted by: BeardRex.6739

BeardRex.6739

Never had disconnect problems before. Mumble is working fine, steam is working fine, other games… fine.

I was even on before the patch and was fine. After the patch I can only stay connected for about 5-10 minutes at a time, sometimes less. I’ve tried all the basic user-side fixes. Nothing.

Posted by: PollarRabbit.3594

PollarRabbit.3594

So is there any solution to this? ‘cuz it’s been a year since the thread started and I can still see people with this problem. It’s been happening to me for about 2 weeks now…

Posted by: Neranna Taitar.4706

Neranna Taitar.4706

Same. Everything was just fine until last night. I got DC’d, and since then I have not been able to use any character. I tried guesting, I tried changing my password. No luck. Very frustrating.

Posted by: Astorion.9312

Astorion.9312

Well at least I’m not the only one… been happening to me over the last few months and just now I got dc’ed 5 times in a row.
Extremely annoying and definitely not my internet connection, seeing as it is displayed as Excellent connection and webpages load just fine.
Looking at this thread, I think Anet needs to find a solution.

Twitter: @royonline_

Posted by: Kashim.2630

Kashim.2630

same problem here!. I played the game without any problems until one moth ago when this problem stared

Posted by: Hellguy.1709

Hellguy.1709

So is there a fix? Same thing happens to me since yesterday

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

Received this error multiple times this morning, not peak time.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Posted by: xyxspliffy.2657

xyxspliffy.2657

i’ve been getting error 7 for the past few weeks now, game is really becoming unplayable please fix it.. i don’t have the best internetz but i’m pretty sure it’s not on my end since i never got these DCs and lags before and i’ve been playing for over a year now.. tried restarting my router too a bunch of times, it didn’t work..

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’ve been getting this error a lot over the last few days. It seems to be linked to the number of people in the map. I can be in Lornar’s Pass or Bloodtide Coast just fine, but as soon as people start filling the map in preparation for the boss events, the disconnects and lag spikes start. Then, once the event is over and people leave, things go back to normal.

It is DEFINITELY something on the GW2 server side, as my other Internet activity is unaffected.

Posted by: xyxspliffy.2657

xyxspliffy.2657

any dev want to enlighten us on what causes this error code?

Posted by: Hellguy.1709

Hellguy.1709

Had it for few days, tried so many things, but I think opening ports has helped:
You should try it:

https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/38813526-Common-Error-Codes

EDIT: oh well, it was good for 2-3 days, now error came back.

(edited by Hellguy.1709)

Posted by: jayvux.4128

jayvux.4128

Any updates? My ISP provider and Anet dumping the ball on each other. Not too sure where to go from here.
Only happens with GW2.

GM of Leaders [LEAD]
Server: Darkhaven (fb.com/groups/guildwars2darkhaven)
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheJayvux

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

I’m constantly getting disconnected from time to time while playing, and guild wars 2 has been loading as slow as a turtle or not even working at all at times – yet other web pages are fine in that exact moment when my client crashes or freezes my screen, followed by a game error message that pops up – so it’s definitely nothing at my end.

They seriously need to deal with this crashing/disconnect stuff because it makes GW2 unplayable, and is definitely quit material when you’re putting up with it ALL the time.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

Posted by: AngelExtreme.4872

AngelExtreme.4872

i am having the same current problem now can someone help?

Posted by: AngelExtreme.4872

AngelExtreme.4872

i am currently having this, anyone can assist us? i didnt have this frequent disconnections till the new patch came

Attachments:

Posted by: Ponzu.4570

Ponzu.4570

same issue,when is this bullkitten going to get fixed? it only happens after megaserver

lvl80 sylavari Engineer
Crystal Desert

Posted by: Psuche.1039

Psuche.1039

Hi guys,

anyone has this issue happening to just one specific character? Mine was an Asura elementalist and it happened when i’m transitioning from Caledon Forest to Brisban Wild.