Eyefinity

Eyefinity

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Pylonn.1869

Pylonn.1869

I have a triple monitor setup running in Eyefinity mode. My problem is that at the character select and cut scenes the characters are cut off and I cann’t see anything above their chests or below their knees. I’ve read that others have this problem and that the 12.8 drivers have fixed this. For me it hasn’t.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Eyefinity

Posted by: UKNightWatch.5742

UKNightWatch.5742

There are several threads on this – sorry no links.

AN have said the wide screen gaming issues are being looked into – eyefinity and the Nvidia version at least.

I use ‘Flawless Widescreen’ by Hayden;

https://www.flawlesswidescreen.org/index.php/Flawless_Widescreen#Currently_Supported_Titles

To good affect.

FW will not give a perfect result – cut scene characters are out of place / stretched as is character creation. Using FW is much better than no just now though.

Also, you may be interested in Wide Screen Gaming Forum (WSGF) for many wide screen gaming topics and fixes or work around help.

Update – here is the AN quote – not got link;
—————————————————————

BillFreist

ArenaNet QA Tools Team

Just gonna stop by and let you guys know that we are aware of ALL of the issues with AMD Eyefinity and Nvidia Surround. We’re prioritizing these things, which can be a bummer for those of you that have these awesome setups, but will definitely be addressing them in the near future.
I’m glad the camera fixes that we got in addressed the issue with the camera getting stuck. The UI placement and all those wonky issues with character select, creation, cinematics, etc will get some love, too, soon.
By the way, I’ll keep my eye out for any new issues that pop up with these setups. Your voices are being heard .
-Bill

No rig in my sig? Only posted if needed!

(edited by UKNightWatch.5742)

Eyefinity

Posted by: BillFreist

BillFreist

Gameplay Programmer

Next

From another thread:

We’ve got fixes for 3D, Nvidia Surround and AMD Eyefinity coming down the pipe in the next few builds.

I believe the next build will contain fixes for 3D, including the inability to launch with 3D enabled. I’m not 100% sure, but we have some fixes for Nvidia Surround in the works too and might even slip a couple of those in that build, too.

We’ll be continuing to hammer away and get these issues all resolved. Thanks for hanging in there everyone!

-Bill

Eyefinity

UKNightWatch.5742

Cheers Bill!

Though I think Flawless Widescreen is great, I would much rather not use it.

At the risk of sounding a bit daft, I assume AN will announce 3D, Nvidia Surround and AMD Eyefinity fixes in ‘patch’ notes as they become available. Not sure if a fix would clash with flawless and would not like to find out the hard way!

Anyway, thanks for the update.

Eyefinity

Posted by: BTSchnarfy.1867

BTSchnarfy.1867

I’ll be very much looking forward to this update! Thanks, Bill!

Eyefinity

UKNightWatch.5742

Hey all,

If you have not yet seen it; https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Policy-Third-Party-Programs

Just so ya know!

Eyefinity

Posted by: Asglarek.8976

Asglarek.8976

So technically eyefinity, 3d and nv surround are against the tos/eula since it enables unfair advantages in pvp by increasing the FOV and definately flawless widescreen since its not apart of your gfx driver package and is a stand alone 3rd party piece of software.

Eyefinity

Posted by: deltaconnected.4058

deltaconnected.4058

That’s like saying a mouse with 5 extra buttons on the side can also get you banned, because you can strafe/kite easier with your left hand while using your right thumb for abilities.

Pretty sure if those were against the TOS they wouldn’t be pushing out updates to fix UI placement and cutscene stretching. I’d expect something more like SC2 where the game just doesn’t have support for ultrawide resolutions (1920×1080 is as high as fullscreen goes, and windowed will still be 1920×1080 and on the left monitor only).

Eyefinity

Posted by: Kargion.6352

Kargion.6352

It does support it thought, since they have said fixes are coming down the pipes for it. I would would like to know if using ‘Flawless Widescreen’ by Hayden is ok. The gm posted but said nothing about using that. They have been very confusing on the forums about certain 3rd party programs and mods.

Eyefinity

Kargion.6352

Instead of trying to patch and fix this issue why not make UI elements unlocked and able to move? I feel that’s a faster fix and you don’t have to worry about drivers every release changing things.

Eyefinity

Posted by: BTSchnarfy.1867

BTSchnarfy.1867

As much as I want to play with all 3 screens again (worked fine in the betas…), I’m going to hold off until an official fix gets implemented. I’d rather not use any 3rd party programs if I can avoid it. Also, I would love to be able to move/customize the UI like we could in GW1. I don’t want anything on my main screen except for my skills/health!

Eyefinity

UKNightWatch.5742

So technically eyefinity, 3d and nv surround are against the tos/eula since it enables unfair advantages in pvp by increasing the FOV and definately flawless widescreen since its not apart of your gfx driver package and is a stand alone 3rd party piece of software.

Well, here’s the thing; we can play in wide screen already – no problem. Of course there is a problem with UI and other game elements not centering. The FOV is not so much changed as the camera moved to give a greater viewing area – there is a huge debate in the forums about this (sorry no link).

I would personally like AN to give us a fix for the centering issues and much, much rather have that AN fix for those issues than a third party fix.

Taking ‘Flawless’ as an example, the easiest thing to recommend is DO NOT use ‘Flawless’ as it is a third part product or any other fix!

The thing is, ‘Flawless’, as I understand it does not alter actual game play in any way to give any advantage what so ever. The program simply does this (as from the progam);

“Guild Wars 2 – Patch
————————————————-

This fix mirrors NVIDIA surround behaviour on AMD hardware, centering the majority of the HUD elements – a few things to be aware of, the values specified for the positioning must be accurate and not exceed the renders dimensions otherwise GW2 may crash, so if Display detection is inaccurate you should consider configuring it manually in the settings – you may also consider trying with the HUD Fix and Ignore hardware unticked.

Z Camera padding fix rectifies the issues where the camera bounces in and out as you get to close to an object, the larger the AR the worse this appears to be, the lower the value the less padding – 2.x appears to be the best setting."

SO! I have dropped myself right in the proverbial so to say by writing that I have used ‘Flawless’.

Now let me be clear on this before going any further – I still have ‘Flawless’ installed but I will no longer use it. I took screen shots with ‘Flawless’ in use today to demonstrate UI element correction but that is all.

I really like GW2 and like to play it in widescreen as is already supported – even with the problems with items not in centre – character select, character creation, UI elements and such.

AN have stated that fixes for the issues are in the pipeline and this is great – it is just a bit frustrating that these issues where not sorted before launch – especially as some videos seem to show there was no issue before launch! That said, ‘all good things come to …’ well, we know how that goes!

Using a third party program is not really allowed – even if that program does not alter game files or give any advantage (we can already play in wide screen), is not a ‘bot’ or is undetected by AN software.

Even if things like ATI ‘Catalyst Control Centre’ are not considered third party tools even though they can change the appearance of the game, this is not a valid argument to justify the use of tools such as ‘Flawless’.

There is disappointment in the community that the game does not display certain elements correctly in wide screen gaming and people do not want to risk infraction or bans and AN have made a statement about using third party tools (and the risk) and AN have stated that fixes are on the way and gamers are both eagerly awaiting those fixes and (generally) being patient by not going down the third party fix route and it may seem unfair to some that they are risking a potential ban if using a third party fix because there is not an AN option / fix .

So, what can we as honest gamers that want an AN fix and do not want a third party fix or the risks in using said do?

Easy answer; DO NOT use third party tools and be patient. Other than that, it would be nice if AN gave us an update on how far they have got with their own fixes and or when the fixes are due to come into GW2.

(edited by UKNightWatch.5742)

Eyefinity

Posted by: orlen.7810

orlen.7810

@asglarek

if arena net think using applications or programs designed to augment your gaming experience but not alter the game are bannable then they need to wake the kitten up, eyefinity and nvidia’s alternative are becoming more common place as are peripherals designed to improve certain elements of game play in all games not just guild wars.

not all third party applications are trying to hack a game but some do augment someones experience in a way that they enjoy the most and aren’t hacking or botting.

if they don’t want to support eyefinity then that’s fine but i see no reason to stop it.

Eyefinity

Kargion.6352

ANet needs to be clear on what third party they allow and what they do not. You can’t go “as long as it doesn’t give you an advantage”. That is way to vague. If you don’t care about certain ones you need to list them, or say none are allowed.

Eyefinity

Posted by: Kitama.6471

Kitama.6471

Are there any updates on fixing this issues. I keep searching but am finding nothing.

Eyefinity

Posted by: Swordbreaker.2581

Swordbreaker.2581

Are there any updates on fixing this issues. I keep searching but am finding nothing.

I had two monitors running in eyefinity just to confirm that the problem was still prevalent and it was. In character interaction cutscenes, the display is zoomed in and the heads and legs are cut off.

Asrock X79 Extreme4 mobo / I7 3930k @ 4.7ghz / 16gb Kingston HyperX 1600mhz
/ 2x XFX R9 290x in Crossfire

Eyefinity

Posted by: Kitama.6471

Kitama.6471

I had two monitors running in eyefinity just to confirm that the problem was still prevalent and it was. In character interaction cutscenes, the display is zoomed in and the heads and legs are cut off.

yeh definitely know its still happening running triple screen and it annoys the hell out of me. I just want it fixed

Eyefinity

Posted by: sixshot.5798

sixshot.5798

Linking related thread from the Suggestion subforum:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Suggestion-Please-fix-eyefinity

I sure hope that when the Wintersday build gets pushed out we’ll have this issue finally resolved. This has gone on long enough and we (Eyefinity users) need a progress report on this. Are we to be forgotten, shoved aside just because nvidia has some tangible advantage over AMD? Or are we going to have our proper fix and support for this multi-monitor technology?

http://bit.ly/1hswOLL (GW2 Boss Schedule)

Eyefinity

Posted by: sixshot.5798

sixshot.5798

So Wintersday has come and gone and the big build that came with it offered no fix for Eyefinity users.

We still have not heard anything from ArenaNet on this issue. The Eyefinity gamers still want to know what is the current status and when we should expect a fix.

http://bit.ly/1hswOLL (GW2 Boss Schedule)

Eyefinity

Posted by: WRod.3856

WRod.3856

Still no fix I will also like to know, are we going to be able to move objectives to the middle monitor? or have the rights to move chat or map to the middle monitor?

Eyefinity

Posted by: Zok.4930

Zok.4930

Hey Bill, could we get an update as to whether there are going to be more fixes to widescreen? I am not enjoying my wonky UI. BTW, anyone that was using Flawless Widescreen, let me know if yours is still working, cause the patch broke it for me

Eyefinity

Posted by: MoorFiend.4085

MoorFiend.4085

yes I am not enjoying my ui at all could you at least make them moveable to the middle and provide more support for wide screen users

Eyefinity

Previous

BillFreist

Gameplay Programmer

Next

Sorry folks!

I wasn’t aware until recently that this was still an issue. I’m going to spend some time on this next week myself and see if we can get this bug squashed.

Scout’s honor!

-Bill

Eyefinity

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Great news!

Thanks Bill

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

Eyefinity

UKNightWatch.5742

Sorry folks!

I wasn’t aware until recently that this was still an issue. I’m going to spend some time on this next week myself and see if we can get this bug squashed.

Scout’s honor!

-Bill

Agh!

Bill, I do not know how I missed this I have eyefinity threads bookmarked and check them regular!

I just made a ‘plea’ thread to the developers regarding eyefinity use.

Please feel free to delete or lock or whatever the thread:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/A-plea-to-the-devs-regarding-eyefinity/first#post1732727

Thanks for taking the time to address the eyefinity issues. I have, for the most part, been of the opinion that a legit fix from Anet is the best way to go and would much prefer that to risking potential T&C / user agreement violation by using a third party fix.

It’s good to know you guys are taking feed back on this issue seriously.

Eyefinity

Posted by: Froze Steel.7604

Froze Steel.7604

Throwing my name on the pile of eyefinity users that want to see guild wars 2 native support.

Lets do this!!

Eyefinity

Posted by: nijian.3958

nijian.3958

I too am fedup of Eyefinity not being supported. Worse so, that when an app provides the support that should have already been there, does not mean that we should get banned for the games lack of support.

I love this game, but I don’t want to touch it with a 20 foot pole w/o Eyefinity support.

Eyefinity

Posted by: Helnar.9056

Helnar.9056

Thank you Bill! No wonder you were aware of the issue. FlawlessWidescreen has kept us quiet. Now, since Hayden, the programmer, has stopped supporting it (it seems), we start whining again

Eyefinity

Posted by: Sugetsu.9174

Sugetsu.9174

Any updates on eyefinity support? Even the 3rd party program called flawless wide screen doesn’t fix the UI centering issue for me. Its been a almost a year since this game came out and multi monitor support isn’t properly implemented yet… =(

Eyefinity

MoorFiend.4085

any updates on the eyefinity problems?

Eyefinity

Previous

BillFreist

Gameplay Programmer

Next

Oh, hi!

I’ve just put in some support for AMD Eyefinity to address the UI placement and Cinematics scaling issues (Character Select, Character Creation, and Cinematics included).

I’ve also polished up existing support so that Nvidia Surround and AMD Eyefinity function the same. Another neat feature is that Windowed Fullscreen is now supported.

Current ETA will be our next major release, which should be sometime later this month.

-Bill

Eyefinity

Posted by: comatose.8237

comatose.8237

i sure hope so Bill its been 6+ months and after April id just like my money back cause this worked in beta and i haven’t played in a while cause i am not getting a ban from the 3rd pt fix that now seems not to work anyway.

Eyefinity

Mif.3471

Another neat feature is that Windowed Fullscreen is now supported

Thanks a heap Bill
I’m rather sick of the slow alt/tab in native mode (my precious milliseconds!), and running windowed will fix that up.

Eyefinity

Posted by: Spooky.7692

Spooky.7692

Great to see Windowed Fullscreen working, still having cutscene problems and so on myself but hopefully thats going to be solved soon,

I’m relatively new to all this as I got Guild Wars 2 upon release then ran out of time to play it until recently but I was wondering is there a way to actually move interface icons around like there was in Guild Wars? Reason being I’d quite like everything on my middle display rather than having to go all the way to the right of my screens for a minimap and quests nad all the way to the left for things like Party and chat.

Eyefinity

UKNightWatch.5742

Oh, hi!

I’ve just put in some support for AMD Eyefinity to address the UI placement and Cinematics scaling issues (Character Select, Character Creation, and Cinematics included).

I’ve also polished up existing support so that Nvidia Surround and AMD Eyefinity function the same. Another neat feature is that Windowed Fullscreen is now supported.

Current ETA will be our next major release, which should be sometime later this month.

-Bill

Thanks for the good news Bill.

Eyefinity

MoorFiend.4085

Oh, hi!

-Bill

Thank you very much!!!
can you please let us know when these fixes are released?

Eyefinity

Previous

BillFreist

Gameplay Programmer

Next

These fixes should be in the build that released today.

Eyefinity

Posted by: Yochu.4127

Yochu.4127

I just saw this after making a post about my UI elements shifting down and left. Sorry to say but I think the eyefinity update actually made my UI worse. I was perfectly centered until the update. Thnaks for making an effort to fix the issues for the eyefinity community though

Eyefinity

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

Here’s the thing, the characters now appear properly on the login screen, that’s fantastic, however, now all of the UI elements are located on the center screen.

This makes the important part of my view horribly cluttered, I can barely play like this!
You’ve traded playability for having the char select screen look nice, real smooth.

For once would you people consider fixing something without breaking something else?
Would be greatly appreciated.

Either undo this change or unlock the UI elements so I can put them where I want them. Given how little time is spent in cinematics and the like sacrificing playability to make them look a bit nicer is the very definition of idiocy.

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Eyefinity

Posted by: Fabled.9726

Fabled.9726

Throwing in the same issue as others on an eyefinity setup. I bugged it ingame and attached a screenshot – but its annoying as all heck to play GW2 atm with the UI elements taking up all the space on the main screen and the side monitors have all open space.

Eyefinity

Posted by: GShock.9862

GShock.9862

I need to agree with “Scribe” above, this latest update completely screwed my game play, my entire UI was great, now its complete trash, way to make me no longer want to play the game, good job guys, stop messing with the UI unless you are going to make it USER DEFINABLE as so when you DEVS trash a UI we users can put it back to the way we like it.

Eyefinity

Posted by: Draigus.3625

Draigus.3625

Wow yeah you guys screwed the pooch on this one. My entire UI is shifted to the left . just unplayable in eyefinity

Eyefinity

Draigus.3625

Nice response

Hello,

Thank you for bringing this issue to my attention today. Currently Guild Wars 2 is not supporting Eyefinity or mulitple monitor settings. Please keep an eye on the official forums (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech). Updates regarding these type of issues will be posted there as soon as they become available.

If there is anything else we can assist with, please let me know.

Regards,
Kenda
NCsoft Technical Support

Eyefinity

Posted by: GShock.9862

GShock.9862

Did you ask “Kenda” if they don’t support Eyefinity or multiple monitors in the game why is there a setting in the game for 5760×1080?

Eyefinity

Previous

BillFreist

Gameplay Programmer

Next

If the UI is on the wrong screen, make sure your center screen is setup as your primary display. I believe this is set in the Windows resolution settings or the Eyefinity setup wizard.

Regarding the switch to “cram” the UI on the center screen:
This is how the UI has always functioned on Nvidia Surround. We never had support for AMD graphics until now, so now they both function the same, using the same code.

If there are issues with the current functionality like the UI not scaling correctly at different sizes, we’ll look into it.

Eyefinity

Draigus.3625

If the UI is on the wrong screen, make sure your center screen is setup as your primary display. I believe this is set in the Windows resolution settings or the Eyefinity setup wizard.

This is how the UI has always functioned on Nvidia Surround. We never had support for AMD graphics until now, so now they both function the same, using the same code.

If there are issues with the current functionality like the UI not scaling correctly at different sizes, we’ll look into it.

Heres the problem , When you scale the Ui for larger , Its offset on the screen , Half of the mission or quest info is cut off , The map is a 1/4 of the way on my far right screen , the chat box is split between my center and left screen . http://www.freeimagehosting.net/7mjor Now prior to this patch today my chat box was far left , map far right , quests top far left . Was nice and neat now its a mess . When you scale the UI down everything is on the center screen , If i wanted that i would play on 1 screen. I had zero problems with the layout before this patch.

Eyefinity

Mif.3471

These fixes should be in the build that released today.

Running perfectly on my Nvidia setup.
I can finally run in windowed mode without the UI in the wrong place. So much fast alt/tab goodness

Thanks a heap Bill

Eyefinity

ScribeTheMad.7614

I think there’s a little misunderstanding of what’s going on, I’ll post some before/after screen shots to show exactly what I’m talking about, though it sounds like some others are having slightly different issues.

First off, eyefinity is not just a multi-monitor setup, it creates a single virtual screen, such that my computer considers them to be one large monitor, in this case with a 5670×1080 resolution.
In windows for example the start bar/menu at the bottom spans all 3 screens, whereas in a plain 3 monitor setup it only resides on one, the primary. With eyefinity if I open any normal application and hit fullscreen it spans all 3 screens automatically, because as far as its concerned it is one big screen, whereas in a normal setup hitting the same button makes the application take up one full screen only, and in fact the only way to get an application to span multiple screens in a normal setup is to make it windowed and manually drag the corners out.

So there’s a huge difference between the two.
What we’re talking about here is an eyefinity setup.
Attached to this post is the before screenshot, taken a couple days ago.

What you’ll notice is that the chat box resides at the far lower left corner, at the lower left corner of the left hand monitor. And the minimap is in the opposite corner, with menus and such in the far upper left.

It makes the UI encompass the whole “screen” and gives you a lot of viewable space, much less clutter, and so on. It leaves the crucial UI part, the health and skill bar in the middle at the bottom, a perfectly reasonable place for it.

All those UI elements are there, at max size, yet don’t impede my vision, or clutter the screen.

Don’t see a way to put 2 screens in one post so I may need to add a second one below to detail the after shot.

Attachments:

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.

Eyefinity

Posted by: Buntkikzel.5107

Buntkikzel.5107

Heres the problem , When you scale the Ui for larger , Its offset on the screen , Half of the mission or quest info is cut off , The map is a 1/4 of the way on my far right screen , the chat box is split between my center and left screen . http://www.freeimagehosting.net/7mjor Now prior to this patch today my chat box was far left , map far right , quests top far left . Was nice and neat now its a mess . When you scale the UI down everything is on the center screen , If i wanted that i would play on 1 screen. I had zero problems with the layout before this patch.

I have exactly the same problems and complaints. Note that my Eyefinity center screen is correctly identified. I run at 3840×1024 resolution on an AMD 6870 crossfire setup.

Bugs:
- If I select any other UI scale than “Normal”, floating windows are not locked to any screen corner—they are split between screens and not locked to correct top/bottom edges of screens.

Frustrations:
- All floating windows are now crammed into center display. It’s cluttered! I preferred the old Eyefinity layout, where corner-locked windows like map, chat, achievement status were placed on left or right screens.

Could we at least have an option to default to the old window placement behavior in Graphics options?

Eyefinity

ScribeTheMad.7614

Okay, so below you’ll see the after shot.

What you’ll notice here is that all of the UI elements have been pulled from the outer corners and crammed (yes, I noticed your flippant dismissal of the word) onto the central screen. Now every part of the UI impedes my vision, and they aren’t even full size.

The party list? Now just hanging around in a really awkward location, the minimap and chat box causing blind spots close to me that I’d rather have clear. Reward chests that sit above the minimap now hang mid screen, just waiting to be clicked on accidentally mid fight, utterly stupid.

Seriously; what sick, sadistic individual thought this would be an improvement?
No sane person can compare the two and tell me the after shot looks better or would function better.

And the world map only being visible on the center screen? leaving the other 2 a flat black? What moron thought that was in any way acceptable?

But, but, but a handful of terribly disturbed individuals would prefer it this way you say?
Fine, let us put the freaking UI elements where we want them be done with it.

Attachments: