FAQ: Gem Store / BLTC / Trading Post

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Lexaus.7031

Lexaus.7031

@Yamiino, when these bugs are fixed, its a common thing for the fixes to create more bugs, this happens, it’s normal, It’s sort of like a Hydra, cut off one head, two replace it, until you cut out its heart, there’s always going to be more and more issues,

Now think about this for a second, how many staff members do think ArenaNet have and then cut that staffing down into the seperate groups and then just think about the peope trying to sort these bugs out, who would also have lifes and families, they must be extremely busy, sorting out bugs and other issues on a game that’s got millions of people playing and reporting these bugs, they have to sort these reports out before anything really.

And as for bots, again, Hydra metaphor, take out one head, two more come, there’s always going to be bots and with all these other issues around I doubt ArenaNet is going to worry about bots at the moment.

Posted by: Ryan.6951

Ryan.6951

120904-001722

7 days. No reply. Still missing $25 of gems that the gem shop screwed me out of.

Posted by: guchdog.3940

guchdog.3940

120906-003330
Getting no where. NCSoft basically said to wait and try again, but couldn’t tell me why my account is in the High Risk Category. I’m glad they appreciate users that supported them on Aion, City of Heroes, Auto Assault(yes that one), and the original Guild Wars.

Posted by: Gallak.4302

Gallak.4302

Incident: 120910-007642, noted a bit further up in this thread, is solved. I got my gems back within 24h. I don’t know if that is by auto, or manual, but still solved and I’m happy :-)

Happy hunting!

Posted by: wolfsoldier.9807

wolfsoldier.9807

Hi there, I was having the issue of not being able to buy gems… and then I ran into an even bigger problem… The last purchase that I tried. ( $20 worth of Gems) Was unable to be processed like all the rest. BUT the purchase was made according to my bank… I have spent $20 and have no gems or confirmation email…. And my bank statement has

09/07/2012 CHARGE.NCSOFT.COM 866-367-9516 TX $20.00

I would LOVE to get those gems.
Thank You!

Ticket Number:
120908-002028

Posted by: Lady Lozza.9670

Lady Lozza.9670

120906-003330
Getting no where. NCSoft basically said to wait and try again, but couldn’t tell me why my account is in the High Risk Category. I’m glad they appreciate users that supported them on Aion, City of Heroes, Auto Assault(yes that one), and the original Guild Wars.

I’m guessing that you, like me, are high risk because we have supported them. Guild Wars 2 created you a new Master Account on purchase, now with all those games you must have at least one other Master Account. If you have 4-5 or more that’s an instant block. You need to include all merchandise store purchases in your count too – because oddly enough they keep records of that and apply it against the account limit even if you technically used no account to purchase it at the time. (IE they probably created a dummy account for the purchase.)

As for Lexaus – this issue has been known since beta 3 – it has been an issue since before launch. If it had been an issue at launch and not been fixed fair enough – I don’t think anyone really anticipated the magnitude of account theft and attempted account theft that has gone on. My ticket was supposed to have been elevated to a senior manager over a week before launch, the first response from NCSoft is the 10th of August – and I spent a week of emails back and forth explaining to them why “get a new credit card” was not in anyway considered a solution to the issue. So this problem should have been in the lap of someone senior enough to fix it a week before launch, a week before all the hacks happened, a week before NCSoft account support got run off their feet and yet I’ve heard nothing.

Gaile would you please check 120809-002854. I am not sure if this problem was supposed to have been caught in the emails that went out today in regards to closing old tickets but I still have yet to hear anything.

Posted by: ebo.6235

ebo.6235

I think the worst is we don’t have any information and answers from Arena. 14 pages and such few messages from them is very poor. Strange “communication”.

Posted by: TwilightStorm.7159

TwilightStorm.7159

Yes. After the thread about hacked accounts this one has the most views and replies. Imagine how much money they’d make if all of us could actually buy gems! :p

But really, I think we can all agree this is very unstatisfying cutomer service. The should fix this ASAP, because everytime I see the screen “There was an error finalizing your purchase” I get a little more annoyed.

It would at least be nice if someone would POST AN UPDATE ON THIS MATTER.

Posted by: Yowie.9753

Yowie.9753

got a error buyign gems with paypal 120911-002620

Posted by: ras.1905

ras.1905

Same paypal problem again, please help, thanks
[Incident: 120829-012980]

thank you

Posted by: carabidus.6214

carabidus.6214

I have spent $20 and have no gems or confirmation email…. And my bank statement has

09/07/2012 CHARGE.NCSOFT.COM 866-367-9516 TX $20.00

I would LOVE to get those gems.
Thank You!

Ticket Number:
120908-002028

Has anyone tried to call this phone number? If so, what was the outcome? I am more than tempted to give this route a try seeing how we are being ignored through the ticket system and the forums.

It is inexcusable that people have been charged for gems, did not receive them and then tickets go unresolved for WEEKS, in some cases. Issues in the internet retail sector like this are almost always resolved in 48 hours max. I am more than shocked that a company of this caliber would allow this to continue to the extent it has.

I can appreciate that the hacking problem is larger than we all realize and the bulk of
ANet’s resources are frantically combating this pervasive problem. Nevertheless, we deserve some official acknowledgement of the gem store issues in the “state of the game” updates at the very minimum.

Posted by: Drintar.1246

Drintar.1246

Yes you did something that will require a support ticket and waiting for support to help you. While I agree the gem store should not display the digital deluxe upgrade to people that already own a digital deluxe account, I don’t understand why people think buying an upgrade on an account that is already digital deluxe would do anything.

I’ve seen a few threads on this but not seen one say what kind of help they got yet but a quick google search on “accidently deleted character with mini rytlock” pulls up a thread with a couple of CS responses via email that people copy and pasted into the thread in fact it’s the first link in the google search results. It’s over on guildwars2guru Here Basically the CS replies are they are aware of it and they are working on a way to resolve the problem but no etas etc.

Posted by: SynFlow.1298

SynFlow.1298

cant buy gems as well, tried both my credit card and paypal…

#120911-004699

Posted by: Sangrivane.4360

Sangrivane.4360

@Sangrivane, they have your money for purchasing the game, they don’t require anymore, so you may as well enjoy what you payed for initially, the gem store stuff is pretty much just cosmetic and boosts, nothing significant towards gameplay.
And as for ArenaNet, they made an MMO, and are trying to keep it clean and working as well as possible, their gonna make mistakes yes, but at least their trying.
When you make an MMO and can solve all the problems without making more, get back to me.

Agreed. However, I do not want to invest more time and effort into a game if the company is so indifferent or incompetent that they cannot address such a fundamental and experience-destroying issue as this. This is an easy issue to fix. It’d take an hour of someone’s time to clear the purchase restrictions off the people who have posted here. Instead, some of us have been waiting almost two weeks with no action. They have not even acknowledged the issue in the game status updates.

Posted by: Dirichlet.4196

Dirichlet.4196

I’ve had the same issue with the Digital Deluxe upgrade not giving the Mistfire Wolf elite. My other characters (who are not level 30) appear to have gained the skill, since the icon is highlighted in the skill tab. But my main (who was already level 30 at the time I purchased the upgrade, and who I was playing as at the time) cannot use it; the ability is greyed out in the skill tab.

Posted by: Roax.3657

Roax.3657

Waiting since 8/31.
This problem should be solved in general and not case by case.

Posted by: Sharpe.1485

Sharpe.1485

Despite the fact that I’ve made several gem purchases already, the gem store simply stopped “approving” my card(s) some time ago. I am unable to get any more at all.

Reference 120907-007545

Posted by: Ryu.3750

Ryu.3750

Ticket # 120908-455., I’ve been receiving the Card Approval Failed for days now. Too many people are getting this error for it to be brushed aside like it seems to have been. I’ve tried multiple cards as well as paypal (which I hate paypal) and after putting in the support ticket received an automated email that didn’t even come close to the same subject as I had originally sent, I understand the work that goes into patching as I’ve been working in the IT field for a while, its not easy but you would think that something that could generate income would take a higher priority than most everything else outside of the stability of the game itself. This is a very serious issue and should be addressed as such.

Posted by: Joshmvii.3758

Joshmvii.3758

Ticket # 120909-001366

Card approval failed. Bought gems with no problems whatsoever multiple times, then suddenly I started getting this a week ago.

Posted by: Hills.6894

Hills.6894

Ticket number 120911-005576 Can not purchase more gems.

For about a week. Please take my money.

Posted by: Lick My Rainbow.6032

Lick My Rainbow.6032

I was able to purchase gems twice and now I’m getting card approved fail. Help please

Posted by: Nunna.6413

Nunna.6413

meanwhile @ Anet headquarters ..

- The swamp lies dormant -

Incident: 120831-005051

Posted by: pajacas.4812

pajacas.4812

Card Approval failed.

Tried Paypal and Visa.

Didn’t work. Cash in bank and manage to do other Inet purchases.

Support ticket ID:
120908-006021

120908-006021

Unresolved

Posted by: Alpa.5968

Alpa.5968

need my gems

120908-002974

Posted by: Precur.3918

Precur.3918

[Incident: 120909-006184] ticket placed 9/9/2012

Card approval failed

I am unable to purchase Gems using my wife’s credit card, she is able to purchase with her account but the transaction fails when we try on my account.

Posted by: Astra.4021

Astra.4021

Well, I was unable to buy gems since I first tried 6 days ago. I eventually got a 48hr unlock on my account, so I could buy enough to get me the bank and character slots I needed. It doesn’t solve my problem however, and I am not closing my ticket until I am able to buy from the BLTP unhindered. If NCSoft doesn’t correct the entire problem that’s the last of my money they will see.

Posted by: jamiebethann.8106

jamiebethann.8106

Ticket 120911-006413

Card approval failed. Need my account unlocked. Issue resolved on my bank’s side. Thank you.

TwilightStorm.7159

GaileGray.9587:
Guys, you’re right. I look through this thread and I feel bad — you’re not getting as much information and you should, and I apologize for that.
I’ve sent off an email to the team who is working night and day on various issues related to the BLTC and the Gem Store. I hope to be able to post more in the near future or perhaps one of their team members will post an update. But in the meantime, please accept our apologies for any difficulties you’re experiencing.
If you bought and did not get your gems, update your ticket (don’t make a new one, it slows the process) and we’ll watch for those. If you cannot purchase, we also need to look into those situations. We appreciate your interest in purchasing gems and believe me, we want to make it possible for you to do so!
Thanks, again, for your patience.

So where and when is the follow up on this? Are we going to get more information? Are you working on a fix? Anything?

Posted by: Jasonsun.7642

Jasonsun.7642

Incident: 120910-004675
i bought 10 fine transmuation stone for400GEM still can’t purchases
it shows on recent purchases
and i didn’t get my friends mail with have 2G inside and he make sure he sent the right person and already cost the gold from him

TwilightStorm.7159

Incident: 120910-004675
i bought 10 fine transmuation stone for400GEM still can’t purchases
it shows on recent purchases
and i didn’t get my friends mail with have 2G inside and he make sure he sent the right person and already cost the gold from him

have you made sure your in game mailbox isn’t full? Try emptying it.

Posted by: Clennisell.6912

Clennisell.6912

120910-000225

Locked out from purchasing – credit card clear – bank says no transactions have been declined – they have approved every transaction they received.

NcSoft is definitely NOT putting the charges through – they are locking player accounts (no matter what the method of payment) to protect themselves from fraud. I am sure they will fix it – they are losing millions in revenue and that is a great incentive.

Posted by: Impaler.6204

Impaler.6204

Ticket # 120902-017895

I also have the issue with “Card Validation Failed” I opened a ticket regarding this issue and it was replied to today saying…

“Hello,

Recently you submitted ticket 120902-017895 to the Guild Wars 2 Support Team. In the time since your submission, we’ve addressed several problems that have likely resolved your initial issue or answered your question. Information regarding these changes can be found in the Guild Wars 2 Game Status Updates.

If you are still experiencing a problem with Guild Wars 2, please use the link below to reopen your ticket. Otherwise we will consider your issue resolved and the ticket closed.

Click here to re-open your support ticket.

Thanks,
The Guild Wars 2 Support Team"

I haven’t been home to test it yet, but they are redirecting me to “Game Status Updates” which has no mention of this issue being resolved. Unless I am completely missing it somehwere…

Posted by: Zogtee.9058

Zogtee.9058

[Incident: 120901-015793]
Hey, I got a response! That means problem solved, right? Well, not quite…

“Can you please provide a screenshot (or if necessary, a series of screenshots) of the problem you describe. This will permit us to investigate further the problem you’re experiencing.

In the meantime, as I am unable to locate any purchase attempts to advise you on this issue, I can only suggest you attempt the transaction using a credit card."

So, I’m supposed to take a screenshot of GW2 not opening a Paypal window..? And no, I’m not giving away credit card details to a system that can’t even perform a basic Paypal transaction.

Use a credit card and, hey, maybe it will work… Seriously, this joke isn’t funny anymore.

(edited by Zogtee.9058)

Lady Lozza.9670

Ticket # 120902-017895

I also have the issue with “Card Validation Failed” I opened a ticket regarding this issue and it was replied to today saying…

“Hello,

Recently you submitted ticket 120902-017895 to the Guild Wars 2 Support Team. In the time since your submission, we’ve addressed several problems that have likely resolved your initial issue or answered your question. Information regarding these changes can be found in the Guild Wars 2 Game Status Updates.

If you are still experiencing a problem with Guild Wars 2, please use the link below to reopen your ticket. Otherwise we will consider your issue resolved and the ticket closed.

Click here to re-open your support ticket.

Thanks,
The Guild Wars 2 Support Team"

I haven’t been home to test it yet, but they are redirecting me to “Game Status Updates” which has no mention of this issue being resolved. Unless I am completely missing it somehwere…

So how did you get one of these yet my 1+ month old ticket got missed?

Posted by: cvnoz.2501

cvnoz.2501

i bougth the krytan armor set that you should be able to use on any medium armor set without stats but i cannot use it on my pvp set in struktured pvp is that a bug or what?

Sangrivane.4360

Here are my ticket numbers: 120904-009313 and 120831-002971

ELEVEN days
two tickets
twenty+ posts in this thread
three PMs to ArenaNet Reps
Two letters to ArenaNet CEO
Multiple FB posts
Multiple Tweets

ZERO RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Dakirn.6438

Dakirn.6438

Case 120910-005822

Unable to verify credit card. I’ve tried 3 different credit cards (2 different companies), called to make sure there wasn’t a hold for fraud charges, and even tried PayPal and still can’t purchase Gems.

I want to give you guys money but I can’t….

Posted by: Firamos.4972

Firamos.4972

I bought Mystic Forge Stones (5 for 250 gems) but i didn’t receive the items. It shows that I purchased them under Recent Purchases and my gems were deducted. In the screen shot I have one in my bank but it is one that I received from either a quest or daily. Please help

Attachments:

TwilightStorm.7159

Here are my ticket numbers: 120904-009313 and 120831-002971

ELEVEN days
two tickets
twenty+ posts in this thread
three PMs to ArenaNet Reps
Two letters to ArenaNet CEO
Multiple FB posts
Multiple Tweets

ZERO RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It’s just terrible. I’m just as annoyed as you are. I have tickets, posts here and on facebook and reddit, even twitter. I’m still waiting on the follow up of that post Gail made. This is highly unprofessional. I just want some gems to trade for gold, so I can update my equipment without having to scavenge for gold for 4 hours. -.-

It shouldn’t be this hard. I. WANT. TO. GIVE. YOU. GUYS. MONEY. -_________-

Posted by: BlossomBerry.5964

BlossomBerry.5964

Well, my ticket was closed for no reason without any kind of reply, so I updated it asking why is was closed and reiterated the issue. Seriously, I spend money on gems, bought a character slot, and never received the character slot. How hard is it to either give me the slot or the gems? I had planned on buying more character slots too, thus giving more money, but I’m not spending a dime until this is resolved.

Reference #: 120831-002198

Please just fix this.

Posted by: Thecollo.6294

Thecollo.6294

Hi There, i recently purchased 2 mini packs and 2 dye sets but have not yet had the good.

The game seemed only too happy to take my gems (money) but then felt the need to withhold my items.

I feel that this is truly unfair and something that handles real money should of the utmost priority for Anet.

my Ticket is as follows: #120911-007960

Please sort this soon.

Lady Lozza.9670

Well, I was unable to buy gems since I first tried 6 days ago. I eventually got a 48hr unlock on my account, so I could buy enough to get me the bank and character slots I needed. It doesn’t solve my problem however, and I am not closing my ticket until I am able to buy from the BLTP unhindered. If NCSoft doesn’t correct the entire problem that’s the last of my money they will see.

Every time I read stuff like this I want to beat my head up against a brick wall. Why haven’t they done this to my credit card? Why are players whose tickets have been around days or at most a week or two getting this service while my month old ticket sits around gathering dust.

TwilightStorm.7159

My ticket is also almost 2 weeks old, and so far they’ve only asked me question, on which I had already provided the answer. -.-

Like, I gave them my credit card an paypal details, and got this reply “We are unable to see any transaction attemps for credit card ending at xxxx, do you have another card or paypal account we could check?”

I just gave them the details! I wonder if they read the tickets at all.

Posted by: LimelightYo.3076

LimelightYo.3076

Going to start losing clients…

Sangrivane.4360

I just spoke with the CFO at NCSoft West about this issue. He said he was not the right person to address the issue but he is forwarding the information to management within NCSoft. Hopefully, this will result in some action being taken on this. I’ll update the thread when I know more.

Posted by: carabidus.6214

carabidus.6214

I just spoke with the CFO at NCSoft West about this issue. He said he was not the right person to address the issue but he is forwarding the information to management within NCSoft.

Well done! Thank you, brother! Did you use the phone number appearing in this thread?

Posted by: Nunna.6413

Nunna.6413

Just a little update from me..
I think i will just give up with this support thing if after 24 hrs they will ban my cc again ..
Makes me angry to be treated like thieves all the time, but still, i appreciate the effort.

Response Via Email (GM Atheum) 09/11/2012 01:57 PM

Greetings Nunna,

Thanks for the update. In regards to your inquiry, we can’t foresee that you’ll come across the issue with purchasing gems in the future. If you do happen to have this issue again, please let us know.

At this time, I have taken the same steps for you as we took on August 8th, 2012. You should be able to complete your intended purchase anytime in the next 24 hours.

Regards,
Matt S.
NCsoft Payment Review

What is on August 8th btw? i have no clue at all since the game doesn’t even exist yet..

TwilightStorm.7159

After giving all my details, and meaningless stuff back and forth, I received this:

Hello xxx,

Thank you for updating us.

We are in the process of investigating this issue for you and you should receive an update as soon as we have more information to provide. We may need more time if you contacted us on a weekend or holiday, but someone will respond to this support ticket as soon as possible.

Regards,
Sam

The keyword is ‘for you’. Why don’t they see there are thousand with this ‘issue’.

Posted by: Rards.2378

Rards.2378

Yup. A week after opening my ticket(9/04, early AM last Tuesday) about being unable to purchase gems for the week-plus prior to opening said ticket, I just checked my support account again(not exactly sure what I was hoping to see, anyway) and it says my ticket is now simply “closed”. Only time I EVER heard from support was when they sent out a mass commerce emailer on the 6th, which didn’t address the issue I explicitly noted in the support ticket, and instead asked me to reply to the email if I had any further questions…which I did, five days ago. Now, closed without any response whatsoever, to say nothing of some attempt at resolution. Not that I was expecting much, as this thread made it abundantly clear that the best I could come to expect would be some 24-48 hour free reign to spend my ill-gotten gains on their services…which seems odd, given that they should take pride in being able to singularly detect and then block my nefarious monetary intent, rather than further enabling my supposedly fraudulent activities on a time-limited basis.(???)

Bit of free advice: for now, drop your risk assessment system. Completely. It’s obviously not ready for primetime, your staff doesn’t seem to have any confidence in it if you’re handing out waivers for anyone willing to jump through enough hoops(while still not engaging in some process that actually changes your internal risk assessment of these individual end users), and has only added problems to the inevitable chaos of a new release. Just let the credit card companies do what they do, or at LEAST until you are truly certain you can do better. Even with your mistakes causing slight problems for my credit card account’s use, to say nothing of the minor hassle and embarrassment of my previously posted encounter with my card’s service department in the aftermath of a declined purchase attempt with your service, the most you’ll receive from me over this is slight frustration and a bit of snark…as you may notice in this thread, other gamers are going to get angry. Angry is bad. As it is, this has become much less of an issue for me since I started funneling all of my in-game money into buying gems from other players who haven’t been affected by this headache, so I’m not all that mad about my ticket being summarily closed without ever even hearing back from support. Now that all my characters are habitually broke, I just hope other players don’t somehow find out what a high-risk transaction I represent in-game, or I might get cut off from the auction house too. Now that would suck.

Posted by: Aybara.8795

Aybara.8795

Getting ‘Card Approval Failed’ on cards with available money.

Ticket #120911-009066