Fps/stutter with A good PC. *Fixed*

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: thenothing.3165

thenothing.3165

Hey Just returned to guild wars 2 and having some performance issues. I’m not able to max out all the settings and stay over 60fps my frame rate is all over sometimes smooth sometimes 35-40 in heavy areas and even worse when there’s a huge massive group event.. I don’t even have supersample enabled either just native. I swear i tried this game in christmas and was getting better fps then now..

Also have max performance and single display enabled on nvidia..

Only running at 1080p too..

My PC
Latest nvidia beta drivers 337.61
Cpu: i7 4770k
Ram: g.skill 16gb
Gpu: evga gtx 780sc with acx cooler
Kingston hyper x ssd 250gb

I have no heat issues or whatever i can run games like crysis3 metro last light ac4 no prob. Not sure what’s the issue .

Any help please?

Posted by: locx.6412

locx.6412

it’s not your GPU but your CPU. No CPU is strong enough to put up with this game, you’re gonna be looking at 20-30 fps in the crowded areas nonetheless. The only thing you can do is overclock the most out of that beast, turn down shadows, reflections and culling options.

i5-4670K @ 4.6 GHz | GTX 660 | 8GB @ 1600MHz | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB | Win 8.1

Posted by: SolarNova.1052

SolarNova.1052

Welcome to GW2.

That is all.

3930k 4.6ghz | NH-D14 Cooler | P9x79 Pro MB | 16gb 1866mhz G.Skill | 128gb SSD + 2×500gb HDD
EVGA GTX 780 Classified w/ EK block | XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res/Pump | NexXxos Monsta 240 Rad
CM Storm Stryker case | Seasonic 1000W PSU | Asux Xonar D2X & Logitech Z5500 Sound system |

Posted by: thenothing.3165

thenothing.3165

I managed to fix the issue! found out that I needed to unpark my cores and a few of my cores whern’t even being used so I just unparked them and my frame rate is much smoother and stable now.

(Youtube How to unpark cpu cores).

Mind you I still think gw2 has crappy optimization but this should help some of you. Frame rate won’t be all over the place..

Posted by: ArmoredVehicle.2849

ArmoredVehicle.2849

I managed to fix the issue! found out that I needed to unpark my cores and a few of my cores whern’t even being used so I just unparked them and my frame rate is much smoother and stable now.

(Youtube How to unpark cpu cores).

Mind you I still think gw2 has crappy optimization but this should help some of you. Frame rate won’t be all over the place..

Thank you so much for this, hadn’t heard about this thing before. Without the frame limiter my game never went past 85 fps. Tried your suggestion and now GW2 reaches even 118 fps.

After googling a bit I found this program to do the job really well: http://www.coderbag.com/Programming-C/Disable-CPU-Core-Parking-Utility

Virus checked and tested it on my pc, all good.

Thanks for sharing.

(edited by ArmoredVehicle.2849)

Posted by: JRoy.7180

JRoy.7180

Thank you for the unpark trick. I’m going to give that a try myself. I’ve gotten so frustrated with my FPS problems I even made a small video to demonstrate the drop from 55-60 to 12-15 when just looking around certain areas of the game:

http://youtu.be/0ertHTxxLTo

But maybe at the end of the day my Phenom 965BE really is too slow.

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Cheers~ I found an extra 15+ fps, so lovely XD

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Nvm, the extra fps I gained completely disappeared after an hour ^^

Posted by: SolarNova.1052

SolarNova.1052

Core unparking generally only helps CPU’s that are lacking in power anyway. For example my 3930k when I tried it months ago didn’t show any noticeable change in performance with cores unparked. that said I have left them unparked just in case.

3930k 4.6ghz | NH-D14 Cooler | P9x79 Pro MB | 16gb 1866mhz G.Skill | 128gb SSD + 2×500gb HDD
EVGA GTX 780 Classified w/ EK block | XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res/Pump | NexXxos Monsta 240 Rad
CM Storm Stryker case | Seasonic 1000W PSU | Asux Xonar D2X & Logitech Z5500 Sound system |