GMs won't investigate case.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: mangOskittle.6430

mangOskittle.6430

The following dialogue is between myself a several GMs regarding the WvW season 1 reward chest I never got. It feels like they didn’t really even bother to look into my case. But they kept telling me to go here. This exchange has just been baffling and even more disappointing than the last ticket I submitted.
————————————————————————————————————————————————
Oganmi
Jan 22 19:45
I am still holding on to a WvW chest key. I did not get a chest. How do I get a chest that will work with the key?

GM Enigma (Guild Wars 2 Support)
Jan 23 06:16
Hello Oganmi,
Thank you for contacting the Guild Wars 2 Support Team.
The WvW Chest Key will unlock the WvW Season 1 Reward Chest containing rewards based on your server’s performance in the previous season.
WvW Season Reward Chests are awarded at the end of a WvW season to all players who achieved the meta-achievement for the season.
If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Oganmi
Jan 23 12:16
Hello support,
So was I supposed to get a chest? I got the key, but not a chest?

GM Enigma (Guild Wars 2 Support)
Jan 24 06:48
Hello Oganmi,
Thank you for getting back to us.
We would like to get some additional information from you to further investigate. Please provide us with the exact name of the WvW key you have, and the date you acquire it.
We will be waiting for your response.

Oganmi
Jan 24 12:55
Support,
The key I have is the “WvW Season 1 Reward Chest Key”. I can’t remember exactly what day I got the [key] from. It was too long ago. I remember I rushed to get it towards the end of the season. This key has been sitting in my bank for a long time. It just sit here…

GM EGO (Guild Wars 2 Support)
Jan 24 15:48
Hello Oganmi,
Thanks for the update.
We understand you have a “WvW Season 1 Reward Chest Key”. It is used to open the meta achievement reward chest. If you didn’t receive the reward chest, you will not be able to use the key.
Hope this information was helpful, If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Oganmi
Jan 26 06:16
What is the requirements for the meta-achievement? I thought the key is rewarded on completion of the meta? I completed 15/15 and have the “Premier Season Veteran” achievement complete.

GM Anduril (Guild Wars 2 Support)
Jan 26 14:44
Hello,
Thank you for contacting the Guild Wars 2 Support Team with your question.
While we would love to try to answer each gameplay question that comes our way, there are times when that simply is not possible. We’d like to suggest a few web-based resources that very likely will provide the information you seek:
The official Guild Wars 2 Wiki is a player-created resource that contains a great deal of information regarding our game and its mechanics. The official wiki can be reached by typing wiki.guildwars2.com or by following this link: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Main_Page. On the wiki, you can use the search engine to find pages related to a particular subject and review those pages or pose questions on the relevant discussion page.
Our Players Helping Players sub-forum allows any Guild Wars 2 player to ask questions and get assistance from other members of our very active community. This forum can be found on the following link: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players.
For specific questions about achievements, I suggest you the following link: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Achievement
If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us.

Oganmi
Jan 26 15:06
Dear Support,
This is getting extremely aggravating. I don’t know why I keep getting copy and paste responses. I worked hard for that meta achievement and I have been holding on to the chest key for a very long time. Despite my guild mates assuring me the rewards weren’t too stellar, I would still appreciate a token for my efforts. I have the key, I have the achievement, but no chest.
I left GW2 because most of my European friends quit late 2012. I came back because a real life friend promised me the game had improved and asked me to support his guild. I came back, and brought over half a dozen people with me. Between my previous ticket, during which Anet made clear my unsolicited monetary support is worthless, and this ticket, where I’m asking to get a reward I earned and I’m being
jerked around, its making this whole return to the game very unpleasant to me.

mangOskittle.6430

Jan 26 15:21
Hello Oganmi,
Thanks a lot for taking the time to share your ideas about Guild Wars 2. We have found that the best way for the development team to gather and review player feedback and suggestions is through our official forums. We ask players to post their ideas in our Official Forums, within the Suggestions sub-forum located here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions.
Members of the Development Team read the Suggestions Forum daily, and while they usually cannot respond to individual suggestions, the fact that team members can review those suggestions in a public forum helps them gauge the level of interest in a specific idea, and also allows other players to discuss and offer feedback of their own.
Please be sure to read the following forum post to learn how the Suggestions Sub-Forum functions: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/How-This-Sub-Forum-Works.
The team looks forward to reviewing your input.

Oganmi
Jan 26 15:27
Are you even reading my mail? How does this resolve my ticket? Do you really want me to post this entire ticket on your forum? My ticket was for a chest I didn’t get, though I have EARNED it though hours playing your game. Can I get a proper, non automated response?

Jan 26 15:39
Hello,
Thank you for updating us regarding this issue.
While we understand that you would have preferred to receive a different response to your petition, we must reiterate that we are unable to fulfill your request.

Oganmi
Jan 26 15:42
You have not given me a reason why, when I have both the key and completed the WvW meta. And my server was supposed to receive the reward chest, as my guild mates have.

Jan 26 15:53
Hello Oganmi,
Thanks for the update.
I understand you completed the WvW meta and you have a WvW chest key. Like stated before, WvW Season Reward Chests are awarded at the end of a WvW season to all players who achieved the meta-achievement for the season.
Like you did not receive the chest, you will be unable to use the key. If you want to know how to get these chests, you can visit the following link I provided you before: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/How-This-Sub-Forum-Works.

Oganmi
Jan 26 16:07
I include an image of my meta, and the key. Explain to me what I am missing? I spent a lot of time doing this, [and] now you tell me I do not have the meta? [http://i.imgur.com/Pq3h1mD.jpg]

Jan 26 16:41
Hello Oganmi,
Thanks for the update.
We are currently not able to see images attached by users. Like stated before, for more information of earning chests you can visit the following: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/How-This-Sub-Forum-Works.
Please contact us back for further questions.

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

Try posting in sticky for review of tickets 3-days or older. That’s all we can offer, really

Posted by: alwaysbluffme.6890

alwaysbluffme.6890

Haha u got trolled by a bot GM,i dont want to offend no1 but that can’t be a reall person,not with that logic in ITS answers.

(edited by alwaysbluffme.6890)

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

These responses by support are totally unacceptable. Pointing a player to a link that has nothing to do with his issue, in a closed forum no less, is really bad. I am really disappointed in support by reading this. These support techs need serious retraining or need to be reassigned to a different department as they are not qualified for work in tech support. I have worked in support for 16 years and have never seen anything like this and any of my employees who made responses like these, obviously not reading the customers responses or ignoring them completely, would not have a job for very long.

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

Assuming this is the full conversation and the OP didn’t leave parts out of it I do feel that support did a poor job on explaining this situation.

From my experience here with support policy, what the GM is trying to say is that they can’t create items on the server out of thin air. Therefor they can’t give you an individual solution to your problem.

If you feel that Arenanet should change this position and develop these tools for the GM’s you should make a suggestion in the named link.

I think this is a much clearer explanation of what they mean. Also, personally I would add that this is a bug that is described allready in the bugsection:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/No-WvW-season-1-reward-chest

The post is unanswered (the devs claim they read all bugs but due to the huge amount they don’t comment on all of them), but putting in your information will really help them to see the impact this issue has AND in case they (accidentally off course) did miss it the first time to bump it to the top

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

mangOskittle.6430

Nothing has been excluded. Including my little violin I did in the middle there. I was really irritated when I wrote that, but I included that for completion.

Posted by: Aye.8392

Aye.8392

The last ticket I sent in never received any response at all except the first, auto-generated, “We’ve received your ticket” and then a survey asking how they had done, nothing in between. A shame, since I have generally found support to be very responsive and helpful. But your responses are even worse than no response at all.

Anyway, I think I can help with a statement from a dev; Check this post.

www.AlchemyIncorporated.net
Sorrows Furnace

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I think that the linked post from Aye provides you with the answer you need.

What I would like to ask you to do is provide me with the 6-digit Support Ticket number, so I can give a few people a stern talking to… ~ahem~ … so that I am see what we can do to amend our responses in both content and applicability.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

mangOskittle.6430

The following I read concerns me. “The other is which world you’re associated with for the Season. This association was made the first time you entered the world during Season 1.”

As I mentioned, I returned full time to the game sometime in October. I can not remember the exact date. I was in an EU server but my friends there had all quit, leaving me playing on a server that was totally dead during my peak hours.

So I changed to Jade Quarry to join a friend’s guild. All of my time, my efforts and my points were achieved while under the Jade Quarry banner. I don’t remember the exact date when I transferred, but I spent pretty much the entire period on JQ and can’t have been more than a couple of days.

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

The following I read concerns me. “The other is which world you’re associated with for the Season. This association was made the first time you entered the world during Season 1.”

As I mentioned, I returned full time to the game sometime in October. I can not remember the exact date. I was in an EU server but my friends there had all quit, leaving me playing on a server that was totally dead during my peak hours.

So I changed to Jade Quarry to join a friend’s guild. All of my time, my efforts and my points were achieved while under the Jade Quarry banner. I don’t remember the exact date when I transferred, but I spent pretty much the entire period on JQ and can’t have been more than a couple of days.

You transferred from EU to NA, so that’s where the major problem is. They have a potential fix for this, but you may not see it for a while. I would recommend waiting until they attempt to fix it, and then update your ticket if you don’t get your chest.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Claudius.5381

Claudius.5381

But, but, but… The wvw reward chest issue may be resolved for you, but I am completely baffled by the support responses. How could that happen? I mean one or two crude answers can be human mistakes, nobody is perfect, but this?

Up to now I held ArenaNet as a company in high esteem. While I still continue to do that in general I start to wonder about their support.

OP, I admire your patience and tranquility.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

I’m rather confused about how this thread forked. mangOskittle wrote about a WvW chest, and I will follow up on that.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Ok, mangOskittle. We’re holding our heads here, such is the headache-inducing nature of the responses you received all, I assure you, from a living human being!

I talked to our GM Manager about your ticket. Quite frankly, I used the word “trainwreck” in the title. We’ve emailed all the leads so that they can talk to each agent involved to explain what he/she did wrong, and what he/she should have done to help you.

We want prompt, helpful, clear, and accurate responses. We failed with this one, and we’ll do our level best to improve in the future.

In the meantime, you should get an accurate response very soon. But the gist of the matter is contained in the forum thread you see above. This is a known issue, you will get your chest, and we’re sorry for the delay!

Post: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Issues-granting-Season-reward-chests/page/2#post3506706

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet