Game client not accepting correct password

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: LlewelynMT.6247

LlewelynMT.6247

Hello again, my last topic was closed without any reason and I didn’t get any answer. It is common courtesy for a forum mod to at least give a reason of locking the thread if it’s not inappropriate.

For two days now I cannot access the game for unknown reason. I’m entering the same correct password that I do to access this forum. I changed the password and again I can only access the forum but not the game. I would use help files, but the error code I’m getting (11:1001:2:1262) is nowhere to be found on site. First page of Google search links also provide no information whatsoever. I’m using build 38820 right now and I was not able to log in since the Tuesday patch (having tried yesterday and today) with the correct password. I retyped it three times and it won’t work, even though I log in to the forum every time.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Because you where told to submit a support ticket. This forum is not support.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Michael Henninger.7451

Michael Henninger.7451

Game Support Lead

LlewelynMT,

I’ve looked at your account and see no immediate reason for the issue (Error 11 is bad password). I recommend submitting a ticket with customer support and having the team take a closer look.

GM Delicious Intent
Twitter: @ANetCSLead
GM Delicious Intent.5928

Posted by: Freyar.3254

Freyar.3254

I had a similar problem this morning. I reset my password and I’ve got access again, but GW2 support has been messing with my GW1 accounts lately which may have had an unexpected impact.

LlewelynMT.6247

I did type in the correct password both before and after I changed it yesterday and today. I guess I submit a ticket…

LlewelynMT.6247

I think I fixed it. My password was using letters not found in Latin1/ASCII, namely Polish diacritics “?” and “?”. The website was accepting the password, but the game client kept on telling my it was wrong.

Please fix this or at least put up a notice so that people don’t try and fail with their passwords.