Game crashing computer at random intervals

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: belugachef.9654

belugachef.9654

having exactly the same problem since the latest patch

I can’t seem to get an ‘ArenaNet.log’ or ‘Crash.dmp’ to generate after these full system crashes either.

I uninstalled, cleared my caches, and and reinstalled it to a new hard drive. No dice. I put in a support ticket but cannot locate the .log.

I’ve also attempted the ‘Repair’ option for the game.

I’ve run a memory test with no problems.

Ran a hard drive test on the C: drive.

I have also checked for any viruses (however unlikely that was the problem) with no issues found.

Posted by: Oceangrave.9657

Oceangrave.9657

Just gonna revive this because you know, annoy anet a bit more with this issue.

Same stuff, randomly crashes computer, no crash report. Usually i only crash if somebody is doing a skill. Standing afk doing nothing and not being attack will make me crash. A guardian with a hammer will make it more likely to crash, usually when they use the skill #2. This is not your machine and this is purely caused by guild wars yet support keeps denying it.

You can open a support ticket and keep sending them report of your pc and they will keep saying they see nothing wrong, but at the same time deny its their game.

So basically, its not your pc, but its not guild wars. Pure logic right there.

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

It is the client.
There too many people with the same issue and hardware for it to be on the users’s side.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: JackyCore.2506

JackyCore.2506

I’ve same problem and this time is not the provider!

JackyCore.2506 / Thief, war, necro, ranger / Make Your Choices [SAW] / Desolation [EU]

Posted by: Sabor.6935

Sabor.6935

Just adding my two cents in. Since having my PC, closing in on 3 years now, I haven’t had a single issue out of it with exception to Tomb Raider, and now recently Guild Wars 2. Both these games freeze up with the sound sticking for a couple seconds, then the PC reboots. Except it fails to reboot until powering the PC completely off and back on again. I’ve run Memtest, Benchmarks, CPU tests, VRAM tests, updated drivers and rolled back drivers and there was just no issue I could find, and the proof is that NOTHING else causes this issue. I couldn’t replicate it except for in Tomb Raider, which I could do pretty easily

Guild Wars 2 is crashing in the exact same way, now (I haven’t played in a while). I know it used to run just fine, but now it crashes randomly. It crashed today after 3 hours of playing in WvWvW, and late yesterday after about 30 minutes. Nothing in the Event Manager, nothing in Bluescreenview, nada. Just a generic vague error about the PC shutting off unexpectedly

This is on an AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2ghz, 4Gb of RAM, and an HD7850 (With 13.8 and 13.10Beta drivers both tested)

I use Whocrashed and it doesn’t even create a log when it happens

(edited by Sabor.6935)

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

If your PC freezes and just shouts down for no apparent reason then it’s NOT the game client it’s most likely over heating, bad power supply, or popped capacitors on your motherboard.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

Oceangrave.9657

If your PC freezes and just shouts down for no apparent reason then it’s NOT the game client it’s most likely over heating, bad power supply, or popped capacitors on your motherboard.

Everybody is far to quick to jump on the overheating of bad PSU bandwagon.

“i dont have this issue, so it must be your fault”

Posted by: Saucermote.9140

Saucermote.9140

Everybody is far to quick to jump on the overheating of bad PSU bandwagon.

“i dont have this issue, so it must be your fault”

Cleaning out the fans, any air filters, and heat syncs is usually a very easy and cheap fix, very little reason to not at least try it.

You don’t win friends with Salad.

Posted by: PocVecem.5170

PocVecem.5170

Same problem here….solved for 3 months (underclocking my gpu). Now it is back and there is no point of an hardware failure. Game is crashing right after reaching the character menu.

In Drakkar we trust

Sabor.6935

It’s not an overheating issue. The CPU under full load never breaks 55C which is well within the norm, and usually sits between 50-55, and the GPU very rarely breaks 70C

Posted by: DrBosco.8620

DrBosco.8620

I got the same problem (game crashing my computer randomly).
I can play 15 minutes, or two hours, no matter what i do (dungeon, WvW, jcj, farm).
The only thing i had noticed is that I have never crashed in the super adventure box, and i’ve played it a lot.
Maybe it’s luck, but it might be some buggy effect that crash the pc when it came to overflow.

Posted by: Gwyllion Redsky.5241

Gwyllion Redsky.5241

Makes me both sad and angry to see how people write about this issue since day one and nothing has changed. Different computers, different networks, people dc with a hard reset that ruins their game and Anet is not even taking the time to write a simple – sorry guys, we hwar you, we are working on it. Because they are not. Why would they ? Working on new content, events that will attract new players, the ones that will pay good money .We are the ones that already did, so Anet does not care about us. Must be such a serious fault that they can not fix it just by revriting some code. So, lets pretend its not there.We do not exist.

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

I’ve been having the same issue for about a month, even went as far as changing out my memory. I am running an Nvidia Ge-force 560ti and have tried every driver out there finally settling on the 320.49 beta. Unfortunately this didn’t fix it so i decided to try one more thing. My wife has the exact same system as mine and has never crashed; the only difference was the graphic settings so i mirrored hers and ran 9 straight hours yesterday without a hiccup.

These are the main changes that i made in the graphics options in game:
- Render Sampling (Native)
- Character Mode Limit (dropped it from high to medium)
- Character Model Quality (dropped it from high to medium)

I hope this helps, and i will continue to work towards isolating what is causing this problem but for now at least i can play without worrying about crashing.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

I now belong to two remaining large guilds of 123- 209 active players and here is the sad news, one of them of 123 players are threatning to leave due to gw2 outrageous laggs, crashes, freezing, disconnections, screen bleeding, drop of frames, and on and on.

I am as well victim of these omtrageous intentional issues, in the past 2 week, i’ve been unable to play for 5-8 minutes without experiencing these constant issues.

Returning back to the guild, i encourage them to wait until Oct 15 and see if Arena.net take full responsiblity in releasing fixes in resolving these issues.

I’m raising awareness since there’s already over 87,000+ issues in the tech thread/post forums concerning these outrageous issues.

At the state of the moment,

With guilds and players leaving at such enormous rate due to these outrageous issues..

question now lies in Arena.net control, is this the Future of Guild Wars 2 you Promised us?

Arena.net don’t you understand or neither care about your game?

Or is this all Intentional afterall?

sadly, i feel like it is.

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

I thought about that Stormcrow, but after much testing, I realize it can’t be my PSU. I’ve used several monitors to test all the lines and rails in my PSU, nothing really fluctuates. On top of that, I can’t replicate the issue with any other piece of software, be it a game, application, or even video editing software. I’ve got many other games, including MMOs, and can crank any of them up to max settings without any problem at all. Guild Wars 2 is the only game that has this problem. That’s what assures me this is not a hardware related issue.

Did you test your Rails while they were under load? If not, your readings dont mean squat.

When GW2 Crashes your system, do you happen to know how much ram the application has eaten? I had this crash happening to one of my spare gaming systems, found out it was a bad stick of ram. only 512KB of memory was bad, but as soon as any application hit that block ‘BAM’ system reset. GW2.exe was the main application as it was using about 2.6GB of ram. I just wish I knew of a way to visually see what the memory mapping of the applications looked like over the 4 banks of ram I have running.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

I thought about that Stormcrow, but after much testing, I realize it can’t be my PSU. I’ve used several monitors to test all the lines and rails in my PSU, nothing really fluctuates. On top of that, I can’t replicate the issue with any other piece of software, be it a game, application, or even video editing software. I’ve got many other games, including MMOs, and can crank any of them up to max settings without any problem at all. Guild Wars 2 is the only game that has this problem. That’s what assures me this is not a hardware related issue.

Did you test your Rails while they were under load? If not, your readings dont mean squat.

When GW2 Crashes your system, do you happen to know how much ram the application has eaten? I had this crash happening to one of my spare gaming systems, found out it was a bad stick of ram. only 512KB of memory was bad, but as soon as any application hit that block ‘BAM’ system reset. GW2.exe was the main application as it was using about 2.6GB of ram. I just wish I knew of a way to visually see what the memory mapping of the applications looked like over the 4 banks of ram I have running.

Did you missread Jatycre post, “I’ve got many other games, including MMOs, and can crank any of them up to max settings without any problem at all. Guild Wars 2 is the only game that has this problem”.

I have 16 Gig of Memory Ram yet still crash,

yet it is still a hardware issue?

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

ikereid.4637

Did you missread Jatycre post, “I’ve got many other games, including MMOs, and can crank any of them up to max settings without any problem at all. Guild Wars 2 is the only game that has this problem”.

I have 16 Gig of Memory Ram yet still crash,

yet it is alao hardware issue?

Just cause you have 16GB of ram doesn’t mean that isn’t the issue. How much ram does any of your other games ever tend to use up? If they are all 32bit clients not a single one will use more then 3.25GB. Thats why I asked what the memory foot print looked like for GW2 when it crashes the system.

Posted by: PocVecem.5170

PocVecem.5170

Still the problem….still freezing at the charactermenu, after 2 minutes, after 4 hours.
Every other game works fine but GW2 is “black screening” my pc.

In Drakkar we trust

Posted by: Ushi.4215

Ushi.4215

Exactly same problem… I played GW2 for 10 months without any problem, but now, I am getting game crashes like others. I tried re-install GW2 (two times!), drivers… Nothing. Still crashing after 15-30 seconds. Please, fix it somehow. Thank you.

Posted by: abomally.2694

abomally.2694

“Just adding my two cents in. Since having my PC, closing in on 3 years now, I haven’t had a single issue out of it with exception to Tomb Raider, and now recently Guild Wars 2…”

In your case, you have some type of hardware failure.

I also have Tomb Raider – which I completed without a single crash, glitch or freeze and I played it for hours at a time.

The same goes for Guild Wars 2. I can play for hours (on rare occasions, 6 to 8+ hours) and GW2 doesn’t crash, freeze or glitch in any way at all for me. Sure, (rarely) I’ll see a bit of skill lag but it tends to occur only briefly, then things are back to normal.

Sabor.6935

“Just adding my two cents in. Since having my PC, closing in on 3 years now, I haven’t had a single issue out of it with exception to Tomb Raider, and now recently Guild Wars 2…”

I also have Tomb Raider – which I completed without a single crash, glitch or freeze and I played it for hours at a time.

The same goes for Guild Wars 2. I can play for hours (on rare occasions, 6 to 8+ hours) and GW2 doesn’t crash, freeze or glitch in any way at all for me. Sure, (rarely) I’ll see a bit of skill lag but it tends to occur only briefly, then things are back to normal.

I’m a bit skeptical that it’s a hardware issue since Battlefield 3, 4, Metro, STO, Arma 2 and 3, and many many other games. All of them infact. Run perfectly fine without issue. As of now it’s only GW2 giving me the issue. I do have a new motherboard out for delivery at the moment, though, just to be sure

abomally.2694

I’m a bit skeptical that it’s a hardware issue since Battlefield 3, 4, Metro, STO, Arma 2 and 3, and many many other games. All of them infact. Run perfectly fine without issue. As of now it’s only GW2 giving me the issue. I do have a new motherboard out for delivery at the moment, though, just to be sure

It could certainly be a software/driver issue as well. What I mean by that, is that a piece of software that is running could be interfering with GW2 (and Tomb Raider). This is why I always recommend disabling every possible start up program when running games (MSI Afterburner, Nvidia updater, Adobe, Quicktime, Itunes, etc.).

I generally think that people would try that first, but I’m probably wrong about that.

Sabor.6935

It could certainly be a software/driver issue as well. What I mean by that, is that a piece of software that is running could be interfering with GW2 (and Tomb Raider). This is why I always recommend disabling every possible start up program when running games (MSI Afterburner, Nvidia updater, Adobe, Quicktime, Itunes, etc.).

I generally think that people would try that first, but I’m probably wrong about that.

Oh believe me. I’ve done everything I could software-wise. I’ve also taken out every part one by one, and tested them out to their limits using stuff like ATI Tool, OCCT, Prime95, Memtest, Furmark, and temperatures are all great. It’s weird that it’s only two games that have ever done it, but after finding out my CPU is a 125w, and my motherboard supports only up to 95w, I don’t know how I’ve gone this long (Almost 3 years), with an unsupported CPU in my motherboard, without a single issue other than with TR and GW2. Though it supports Phenom II’s, it doesn’t support mine

Then again, when GW2 first came out I didn’t have this issue. The event viewer and Bluescreenviewer give little hint. The only thing concrete I have to go on is that the event viewer says the error happened with the Northbridge and it was a Machine Hangtime Exception. So I figure it has to be Motherboard related.

Again, stressing all the parts is fine, it’s just two games ever. Very weird indeed. But Anet Support pointed out the 125wCPU/95WMobo to me with pretty exceptional personalized tech support that turned out not to have anything to do with GW2 at all, so hats off to them

(edited by Sabor.6935)

abomally.2694

No need to worry regarding the CPU power dissipation and your motherboard. It will handle 125 watts without issue (typical engineering designs provide a 50-100% buffer for things like this). There are probably 200+ power and ground pins on your CPU so the power going to it is actually spread out quite a bit.

Good luck on this issue.

BTW, my ancient motherboard (Asus A8N5X) is handing 130 watts on my CPU no problem.

Sabor.6935

I’m on an M4a78LT-M-Le with a Phenom II 955. Ordered as similar of a Motherboard as I could that definitely supports my processor. A M5A78L-M LX PLUS. Both ASUS. Can’t go wrong with ASUS

My only worry now is that it comes out of the box in an earlier BIOS version that won’t support my CPU to post

And it just arrived. Fun times about to be had

(edited by Sabor.6935)

Posted by: Dark Atem.5109

Dark Atem.5109

I’m having some issues like OP. Whenever I start playing gw2 it will run for 30 sec – 1 min. Then my laptop just turns off, completely shuts off. No reboot or anything. Idk what it could be. Any help with this is welcomed.

Posted by: sirmount.3864

sirmount.3864

I haven’t been having this issue but my friend that i play with is having it. We play for 3-4 hours and its a random black screen crash and we literally troubleshooted everything. Also he sent tickets and test reports to support and still no solution.

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

Same issue while playing whenever I suppose the video card is very sollicited then black screen going to sleep computer locked… have to reboot…

Sabor.6935

Well I got my new motherboard in, reformatted, updated everything, installed GW2. Played for 2 hours and then the exact same crash happened in the exact same way. Didn’t create a GW2 .log because it wasn’t GW2 that crashed, it was the whole system, with:

Component: AMD Northbridge
Error Source: Machine Check Exception
Error Type: HyperTransport Watchdog Timeout Error
Processor ID: 0

In the event viewer. Same god kitten error. Now I’m out of ideas. It’s only GW2 that causes this. It can’t be the CPU because I can run Prime95 and OCCT all day without problems

ikereid.4637

You need to install your AMD Chipset drivers if you havent already.

Sabor.6935

I’ve done all of that. Everything is up to date, including the BIOS, and it’s the exact same crash as a completely different motherboard

abomally.2694

That rules out the motherboard as the problem.

Since it’s a Northbridge crash, I’m looking at the GPU as being the problem. Have you tried down-clocking your graphics card?

Another possibility is RAM. Memtest doesn’t really “hammer” your memory like running a game will. You could try removing a stick or two.

Posted by: Anomaly.9327

Anomaly.9327

Same problem as OP (words vanishing —> freezes whole comp then forced to reboot). So does clear uninstall/re-install work or is it something else? This forum didn’t seem to reach a conclusion :/

I play classes but refuse to be a stealth spammer – Take that meta

Posted by: dceptaconroy.7928

dceptaconroy.7928

Same deal as many here. High end gaming lappy not overheating, fresh install, no issues on anything outside of gw2. Comp freeze, only way to get back is to reboot.

Oceangrave.9657

Still the same issue after buying a new PSU of 750w. Previous was 650w. Also find that only specific thing make me crash like fire created in cof dungeon, elementalists, the middle teleport thing you have to stand in at fractals. pretty much every fractal dungeon etc etc

This CANNOT be a issue with my computer with all the tests i have gone through.

(edited by Oceangrave.9657)

Posted by: Ilirien.1568

Ilirien.1568

GUYS, ME AND MY FRIEND HAD EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM (random freezes with black screen, etc.) AND I THINK WE FOUND A SOLUTION.
We ran a game in windowed mode and it works. Try it out. I’m pretty positive about the solution.

Please, do reply.

Posted by: IdeoPraxist.3519

IdeoPraxist.3519

I have had the same problem ever since I switched to Win7 a few months ago. It is definitely Guild Wars 2. I play other GPU-intense games and have no issues of overheating and have never experienced this sudden black screen of death. I have an NVIDIA card, but I don’t know if that’s the concern.

Posted by: IdeoPraxist.3519

IdeoPraxist.3519

I am going to add to my previous post.

I currently experience these crashes mostly when I am accessing my bank in Rata Sum.

Posted by: Pro.1425

Pro.1425

Hi

I see that this is a known issue.

Experiencing the same issue, game crashes after few minute (I could play 2 hours straight in the starting zone)

I run Arma 3, Ultra settings optimalized through Geforce Experience @ 80ish FPS so my hardware is sufficient for Guild Wars 2, i thought.

Checking the original windows help window that pop ups after a weird reboot it tells me that it’s a blue screen, and blue screens comes from few things, but the most common things are either lack of memory or freshly installed hardware or drivers.
Here’s the code I get from the program;
Bluescreen
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA800DDA54E0
BCP2: FFFFF8800FBE0074
BCP3: FFFFFFFFC000009A
BCP4: 0000000000000004
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

I got neither of them.

These are my specs that are of importance, and don’t come tell me that it’s an hardware problem, main reasons I used arma 3 as an example is because it’s a game that demands alot of an gaming pc.

MSI Z87-G45 Gaming, Socket-1150
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8136MB RAM
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (SC Version)
Corsair H100i Hydro Series CPU Cooler
Corsair CX 750M, 750W PSU

I would love to see a fix on this. Bought Guild Wars 2 yesterday and I actually liked it until this problem occured.
If I somehow find a fix I will see if I can remember this thread.

Update #1
For nVidia users; It seems that the latest drivers from nVidia can cause this problem. I am now trying to install the “newest” beta driver to see if this is a more stabile fix.

Yours
Pro

(edited by Pro.1425)

Posted by: Brizzles.3102

Brizzles.3102

To OP, i also had my computer randomly reset after about 20-30 minutes. And got the kernel 41 error. After about 12 hours of reading forums and fiddling I have fixed it. I was able to replicate the error using prime95 on blend mode.

Go to your bios > go to advanced power option > disable the turbo.

After that I run perfect. I hope this works for you also.
Also most people in this thread have completely different errors so this probably will
Not work for them.

Posted by: Brizzles.3102

Brizzles.3102

More precisely bios>advanced> CPU power management> disable turbo mode

Link to a photo of the screen
http://www.anandtech.com/Gallery/Photo/1910/10

Posted by: Merc The Forgotten.5610

Merc The Forgotten.5610

I have this problem for months it’s extreemly annoying i contacted the support 3-4 times for it. I Always get the same rubbish things too hear and then they said it was my grafic card i even showed screenshots of nvidia were they say nothign is wrong with my card i did loads of test whic halso proved this isnt a my side problem but they just kinda avoid this issue. Tbh i think they kn ow kitten well this isnt our side but they have no clue how to fix it or just dont care. It’s extreemly frustrating when you do a champ or fighting someone 1vs1 in Wvw you hard reset you’r pc and see they you 1. need to waypoint because you are death 2. armor dmg 3.you kittening crashed and couldnt continu fighting in honor which and meanwhile the enemy player probly thigns ahahah he couldnt win so he disconnected. or you miss out champ loot which is really something to start getting mad about. Yuo never know what lodestone/core/exo/rare was in it.
Also if you waited 1 hour for a queue and you get this crash and you need to requeu you are pretty kitten ed off.
It also is randomly so you cant know when it will be happening.

Posted by: MYCKAT.5496

MYCKAT.5496

Hello All!
I have the same issue like OP. But my video card is GTX 760.

I tried to find turbo mode in my BIOS, but i didn’t. I think Gigabyte z87 HD3 hasn’t this option

Posted by: Jatycre.5168

Jatycre.5168

Thank you Brizzles, I sincerely appreciate the effort, but the crashes still happen. And I haven’t ever been able to replicate them with Prime95. I just ran the blended test for two hours, nothing got hot, no crashes, nothing.

The main problem is that they are so wildly erratic that sometimes it takes a LONG time to see if they are fixed. Just when you’re lulled into a false sense of security, BAM crash. It’s so frustrating.

I’ve tried every suggestion imaginable. I’ve tried disabling turbo, underclocking my GPU and/or CPU, disabling OWP and UWP in bios, swapping driver sets (a million different times), etc etc. Nothing fixes it. Every time I think “I got it”, the game crashes my PC again.

All this failed effort combined with so many people having the same problem leads me to one conclusion, the problem must be software side. There must be a conflict with NVidia drivers somewhere within the game software that is causing a system crash on specific NVidia GPUs. Problem is, after nearly a year, ANet still refuses to even acknowledge the problem, customer support simply repeats the same suggestions over and over again whether they work or not, and none of us have been able to come up with a fix. Which leaves quite a few paying customers, like a lot of us in this thread, out in the cold. That is not a good way to do business ANet. It makes it much less likely that I will purchase software from you or NCSoft in the future.

(edited by Jatycre.5168)

Posted by: MikeE.8267

MikeE.8267

I’m getting the same black screen then reboot problem as the OP.

After 1 hour of memtest86 I have 0 errors. After 30 minutes of prime95 64bit my temps on the CPU 49-62C, Voltages +12 = 12.144v, +5 = 5.040v with no fluctuations/spikes

This only seems to happen in GW2 after a random amount of time from 5 to 20 minutes but it happens every time. No error messages no blue screens. In event viewer I only see: kernel-power event id 41.

I can play Farcry 3, Fifa 13, NFS:MW etc for hours with no probs.

System spec:-
i7 4770k @ 4.6Ghz
H100i
MSI Z87 GD65 Gaming
Corsair tx850 PSU
16Gb Crucial ballistics 8-8-8-24
MSI GTX780 (drivers 332.21)
Windows 8 (8.1)

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

Mentest needs to run for several hours optimal is 24 but you might get by with over night. But I don’t think it’s your memory it may be you have a defective video card. Also is you motherboard chipset drivers up to date those are commonly over looked, no one thinks about them.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

Posted by: Sin.2917

Sin.2917

also having this issue. Randomly out of the blue pc lock up and having to reboot and reboot again.

And notice how there isn’t a single reply or acknowledgment from ANet lol ?

Pathetic …

Posted by: Hinarcia.7296

Hinarcia.7296

Still no solution for this after 3/4 year not played this game. Its really sad they dont do anything about it. I love the game and its frustating me.

Posted by: Novalitus.7382

Novalitus.7382

Hello. I just wanted to add my post to this thread.

I have similar issues, using Nvidia 660 Ti. The problems described here are almost 100% the ones I have. My computer locks up randomly. But in my case the PC doesn’t restart, it just freezes completely, the screen turns black, red, green or any solid color. Nothing can be done. The only way to get up and running is to hard reset the system and then again. I am using the latest drivers, but I’ve tried all the former driver versions from Nvidia with no luck, including betas.

THIS HAPPENS ONLY WITH GUILD WARS 2. I’VE DONE MULTIPLE BENCHMARKS WITH SOFTWARE LIKE 3DMARK, FURMARK AND A FEW MORE. PLUS PLAYED A COUPLE OF OTHER GAMES – NOTHING.

I’ve tested my RAM, my CPU, my GPU. I tried with different GPUs (mainly AMD 7950 and AMD 4850 + the integrated GPU in 3570k) – no problems.

I also think this is a software problem, since any other game/application runs perfectly fine.

We need an ArenaNet representative to take a look in this, please!

I have the exact SAME problem (which is why i ended here on this topic).
I also have a GTX 560Ti video card and the -same- problems described above.
The computer works great with any other games!

Posted by: Giggityman.2837

Giggityman.2837

Same issue happening and I have a Radeon 7900. The really strange thing is that it shuts down my entire mobo and I have to do a hard reset of my PS to get my computer booting again. There are a LOT of problems with this game’s code that need to be addressed. I wish Anet would focus on a pure bug fix patch. I’m pretty sure the community wouldn’t mind one patch that doesn’t add content if it addresses the major issues plaguing the game