Gold missing from Inventory [merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Gebnar.6251

Gebnar.6251

Logged in to see all my gold gone. Haven’t used the Trading Post in about 24 hours. Not sure if it’s related or not, but this seems to be the thread to report this kind of thing…

Edit: Logging out and back in has NOT fixed the issue.

Posted by: Adrianexi.4179

Adrianexi.4179

Guys, ive logged back in… and look at this http://prntscr.com/f2byz, will i be recompensated, re- rolled or anything like that? How am i supposed to make my money back on this if the listing fee will cost me a fortune

Posted by: Turial.1293

Turial.1293

I had 3gold, I have no idea how i lost it but I logged on today and it is completely missing. Prior to this morning when I was playing I had recieved an message saying someone had logged into my account while I was playing.

It was some IP from china, i disconnected it and then changed my email password and validated the email. I checked multiple times throughout the morning i was playing (12am-6am est) and only myself was logged in. As far as I remember I had my 3gold at 3am when the servers went down. I never checked again after it came back up. I was playing sPVP. Logged on today and nothing to be found but a few copper. All my items are in tact so i don’t think I was hacked..

can we get some type of message from arenanet about this issue? seems i’m not the only one. Prior to this happening i sold a lot of stuff on the trading post.

perhaps they added you to a friends list, waited for you to go offline and then logged on, grabbed the gold and left. it is possible.

“Some of my best friends are heterosexual”

Posted by: dragoshade.3257

dragoshade.3257

When my account was hacked, they took all the monies I had in my inventory not much but 90silver but I have no way of proving it (which kinda sucks because I don’t know how how to get it back).
Lucky for me I was testing out the bank and saw that you could deposit money in there. Put half in and the thieving * didn’t look in there

Posted by: SuPeRMaC.6594

SuPeRMaC.6594

When i logged on (been offline for 15 hours) i had lost some silver and almost all my Comman and Fine Crafting Materials (only things left are a few iron ingots,bone chips, vial of thin blood). My Gemstones and Jewels where all gone. The strangest part are that all my Cooking Materials where all intact and i had my Tiny Claws to collect after i had been waiting for ages to get them from the trading post. My other chars have all the things left that they had in their inventories…

Posted by: Ember.4326

Ember.4326

Still haven’t seen any trace of the gold I lost in buy orders yesterday and there’s still no record of said buy orders.

Seems some posts in the topic are about hacked accounts, but what the original 7ish posts at least were about is a bug with trading post and we lost gold while trying to use it, live, within like what 30 minutes of each other posting. My friend who logged in 30 minutes later had the same issue and made a ticket too.

Posted by: Ember.4326

Ember.4326

Actually strike that last, now the 2 trades show up and I can cancel them.

Posted by: Maximilious.6054

Maximilious.6054

I have been waiting for my gold back over a week. I put an order for an item for 3 gold since nobody was selling I canceled the order went to exchange npc to pick up my gold and got 20 silver back. I got my gold by buying gems and they still haven’t returned my gold. Please help me I have been waiting long enough.

Posted by: Diablo.8650

Diablo.8650

Gold gone, level 60 character deleted… I cant wait for my gold to come back I cant wait for anything… I have to start from scratch.. What a waste of two weeks.

Incident:120906-001331

(edited by Diablo.8650)

Posted by: SenpriW.7981

SenpriW.7981

This happened to me also and now I don’t have any desire to play anymore. Has anyone been returned the golds they lost/stolen?

Posted by: Hoin.1032

Hoin.1032

I had 2 gold and 26 silver yesterday when TP went online and I was trying to buy some copper ore. I clicked “buy” several times and it didn’t work but the gold wasn’t disappearing from my inventory so I thought no harm done. Today when I logged in I had only a few dozen silver in my inventory, I’m guessing all those clicks did go through and I keep getting more copper ore in my pick up tab. Judging by the money gone I expect to get around 1000 of which I only wanted 50. I guess I could resell them to get my money back.

(edited by Hoin.1032)

Posted by: fatguy.5894

fatguy.5894

I am missing gold as well. Sold about a gold worth of copper ore and saw the money transfer – haven’t logged out since and now it’s gone. Does posting in this thread mean somebody is going to look at my account?

SenpriW.7981

I am missing gold as well. Sold about a gold worth of copper ore and saw the money transfer – haven’t logged out since and now it’s gone. Does posting in this thread mean somebody is going to look at my account?

I don’t think so, you need to send a ticket.

Posted by: Taktix.2674

Taktix.2674

I logged in today to find that I had only 5 silver. I’m not sure why someone would have left any coin at all, so maybe it’s a bug.

Just curious if anyone else has run into this problem?

(and in case anyone is wondering… this is a unique username/password that’s never been used elsewhere, my machine is clean and it’s a very difficult password)

Posted by: gillius.2856

gillius.2856

hmm thats strange i really thought i had around 50s but when i logged on yesterday i only had 9s.. altho i do port alot i def know that i havent spent that much on porting…

Posted by: PossumJ.1937

PossumJ.1937

Yup! Same stinking thing happened to me. I log in, my toon is moved to a EURO server, and all coin gone. Luckily had free xfer back.

My email is the same as on other games, but game password is always unique.

Posted by: Georginader.8259

Georginader.8259

I had 3gold, I have no idea how i lost it but I logged on today and it is completely missing. Prior to this morning when I was playing I had recieved an message saying someone had logged into my account while I was playing.

It was some IP from china, i disconnected it and then changed my email password and validated the email. I checked multiple times throughout the morning i was playing (12am-6am est) and only myself was logged in. As far as I remember I had my 3gold at 3am when the servers went down. I never checked again after it came back up. I was playing sPVP. Logged on today and nothing to be found but a few copper. All my items are in tact so i don’t think I was hacked..

can we get some type of message from arenanet about this issue? seems i’m not the only one. Prior to this happening i sold a lot of stuff on the trading post.

Same thing happened to me! An ip from beijing but it went to my email first, i clicked the link, it came to authorization for logging in. I denied it so nothing happened i dont think. This happened a day after i lose gold and all though

Posted by: FoxyKing.1247

FoxyKing.1247

Lost 2-4 Gold buying stuff that I didnt recieve -_-

Posted by: Malphos.3652

Malphos.3652

I have lost all my silver from my inventory TWICE now. First time I thought maybe I had spent it without remembering it (not likely but stranger things have happened). Now it happened again this morning, I log out for a couple hours to go eat and shop and when i come back I have no silver and only 26 copper when I know for a fact I had at the absolute bare minimum 1 piece of silver, though I am positive I was in the 15-30 range….

Nothing was bought or sold, nothing was missing from my inventory, the IP addresses are normal in my security tab, and i was logged out in an area with no vendors in sight (Eukryan Caves past the underwater tunnel)

Ticket number:
#120906-010647

Posted by: Filberto.6834

Filberto.6834

Char name: Lilberto
Server: Maguuma
Time: Around 5:20pm EST 9/6/2012
Zone: the only lvl 80 one, N waypoint at Trade Post merchant.

Went to “Heavy Moldy Bag” and set a buy price at 1silver, 47copper with an order of 80. Clicked Buy
Button Flashes, but nothing happens like normal.
I still have all my gold.
Click buy again
And again, and maybe 5 more times.
Still have all my gold, and nothing listed in “Items im buying” window.
Relog.
Lost all my gold and still nothing listed in “Items im buying” window.

Relogged a few times, still nothing. Just lost all my gold and got nothing. Don’t use the AH when its lagging I guess :/ I had been using it fine for 10 minutes prior.

Posted by: Kevhoran.1780

Kevhoran.1780

This was posted in the daily update page thingy that this is a known issue and they are working really hard to get everyone their items as they have logs of all of this, you might end up with hundreds of those bags though as you kept clicking the buy button

Posted by: Drago.4158

Drago.4158

Rule of thumb: When nothing happens, don’t press it again. (Obviously.)

Posted by: Jdavidlol.5970

Jdavidlol.5970

If it makes you feel any better I just lost all my actual money because the gem store is completely broken(but still live and in game, good preventative action). Hope they fix your issue man.

Posted by: Coupen.6172

Coupen.6172

I sold some itens in TP (about 6-7 gold) and my profits didnt come to my Pick Up tab.
I’m not going to sell anything in AH until i receive my profits. That’s bad

Posted by: xxkkrakkxx.4520

xxkkrakkxx.4520

After a Few days of my account being hacked and not being able to play i was able to play again today, however logging in to find out that im missing gold and not to sure about any items. i dont want to wait another few days for my ticket to be answered to get my gold back.

Posted by: TTydus.9834

TTydus.9834

sorry buddy you’re gonna have to wait like the rest of us

xxkkrakkxx.4520

So can i get any support?

Posted by: Alexixiv.4582

Alexixiv.4582

So can i get any support?

Yup at the end of a very long line of prioritized issues… some of us are exceeding a week with still no access to the game at all… But I would put in a ticket and they will eventually have to address it

120901-018012 – Serial Key Issue

Posted by: sheep.3178

sheep.3178

Lost all my gold in trading post, gold gone nothing is shown in my transaction. Waited for 2 days and till date still not get it back

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Hey, I have some really interesting info for you. We have not been able to find a single case of gold going missing from an account unless:

1. It was hacked
  2. The account holder is not considering that gold is based on characters and not the account, is looking for gold in storage instead of on a specific character

If things look normal but you feel you are missing gold, check all your characters and I bet the vast majority of you will find you do have the gold, after all, just on a different character.

If you think you may have been hacked, please change your password immediately and contact Support for assistance.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Maximilious.6054

Maximilious.6054

Hey, I have some really interesting info for you. We have not been able to find a single case of gold going missing from an account unless:

1. It was hacked
  2. The account holder is not considering that gold is based on characters and not the account, is looking for gold in storage instead of on a specific character

If things look normal but you feel you are missing gold, check all your characters and I bet the vast majority of you will find you do have the gold, after all, just on a different character.

If you think you may have been hacked, please change your password immediately and contact Support for assistance.

I submitted my case long ago, clearly the trading post was extremely bugged back then since I lost 2.80 gold of the 3 gold I put in there for an offer of an exotic item.

It’s funny that you say you don’t have any cases of gold missing from trading post while I know for a fact there alot of people like me that have lost a fair amount of gold USING the trading post. Either selling or buying items.

And no, the “fix” of the trading post did not give my gold back, I have been checking the NPCs for “Take All” button to have my gold in there daily since I lost the gold and so far NOTHING.

SenpriW.7981

1. It was hacked

In my case, I’m pretty sure it’s hacked for a couple reasons:

1. When I logged back, my character is in the Bank NPC of Lion Arch that I didn’t know where it was before, I never been there, never used Bank NPC at all, I always used the Cooking Station for Banking purposes.

2. There is one strange mail from an unknown person, timestamped an hour ago and already read when I saw it for the first time, even though the last time I logged in was 6 hours ago or more.

The sad part is that I used unique password for this game and still got hacked.

xxkkrakkxx.4520

1. It was hacked

Thing is i have been hacked even said so lol, just got my email and everything restored and waiting on a answer back to recieve my gold.

Posted by: GrayKang.4982

GrayKang.4982

everytime i got 1gold and i logout. the next day my 1 gold is gone and this time got 1 random friend in my friend list and his name is sjkim.1963

Posted by: Bubanni.3920

Bubanni.3920

1. It was hacked

I wouldn’t say I wasn’t hacked… because when I logged in, all my mails had been deleted (I am guessing to remove the evidence of moving the gold?)

I am still missing about 3gold which is really getting on my nerve as I actually got this gold by trading gems to gold (so basicly someone stole money from me, though I know once irl currency is converted to ingame currency the rules change)

I would love to hear if my lost gold was the result of being hacked or if it was because of the trading post?

[Incident:120905-009872]

(edited by Bubanni.3920)

Posted by: lilicestorm.9047

lilicestorm.9047

1. It was hacked

So you are telling me I was hacked and the only thing I lost was slightly over 1 gold? No gear or karma points were lost? Also I haven’t used the TP so that isn’t an issue either.

I logged out monday night with over 1 gold and tuesday morning logged in with a few copper left while nothing else was gone…

Posted by: aveeda.8573

aveeda.8573

I had a similar occurrence to some of you. I logged in this morning to find my character was in the bank at Lion’s Arch, which is not where I logged off from, and my money was gone. I only had about 50 silver, so the hackers didn’t get much from my account, but it’s still annoying.

Posted by: topsaa.5028

topsaa.5028

I have also recently lost gold, logged on and lost about 4 gold, there were 2 random people added on my buddys list but i deleted them thinking it was an error.

(edited by topsaa.5028)

Posted by: Hawkboy.9360

Hawkboy.9360

guys and girls check the server your account is set to i am sure you find that you have move server like it happen to me 2 times now i dont know but i am on a USA server now and i start on EU fissure of woe

Posted by: topsaa.5028

topsaa.5028

Hawkboy actually my character has changed servers, I changed it back and the gold is still not there.

I was actually moved to a EU server not sure why.

and the gold is the same whether or not im on EU or AMERICA servers

(edited by topsaa.5028)

Posted by: Pho.9046

Pho.9046

I lost my gold while i was logged in, lost about 1g. i was farming for a few hour and made 3g so im pretty sure i had a total of 3g then bought something off the TP for a few silver then my 1g was gone, now im sitting at 2g and few silver already checked my TB log.

Posted by: Falcomist.7140

Falcomist.7140

Well… I submitted a ticket and all they asked for me is to change the password to my account. I’m guessing they are reimbursing the gold that was stolen from me but I still have faith that arena net will do something about it… I hope. Sucks everyone is facing issues like this… Btw… I only have one character on this account so obviously it isn’t on my other characters.

Posted by: Avon Vale.5936

Avon Vale.5936

I’ve had the same TP issues. I’ve also had 3 different times where I’ve logged out with over 5 gold and came back the next night to see 50 copper left. 3rd time and opened tickets about it….No responses.

Posted by: Broodix.6053

Broodix.6053

This happened to me just now. I had 56 silver with me in my inventory, last thing I bought was two pistol from the trading post which came to 80 copper total and I think I also bought a basic salvage kit. Now I check my inventory and only have 15 silver left…

Posted by: MadCuzBad.7368

MadCuzBad.7368

So i logged on, i had 6 un-read in game mails. Each one was from a random player i did not know sending my money (from 15~75s ea) with no message. I received one or two more over the next 2 minutes then was disconnected, i instantly logged back in thinking it was a just a d/c, this happened 2 more times pretty quickly. i stayed logged out this time and restarted my client then logged into my chars, and all of my money except 2s was missing. In your support section it shows me connecting a few times then -16, CN (180.142.0.59) - dem china boys stealing ma gold. i changed all of my information and scanned my comp. At least i still got my gear!

Posted by: Brallan.9324

Brallan.9324

same for me i logged in this morning with only 9 silver on my main.

Posted by: Jodd.9124

Jodd.9124

Encountered a similar issue upon my login this evening. I was concerned that I might’ve been hacked, but it seems unlikely because;

1. All my characters are in the exact same place I left them
2. No character is missing any gear or karma
3. I have no mail or people I don’t recognize in my contacts list
4. No logins not corresponding with my own IP address listed in my account
5. Only the characters that have used the Trading Post have been affected by missing gold

I hope something gets worked out. I submitted a support ticket, but I expect it will be a few days before I hear anything.

Posted by: Calden.2487

Calden.2487

Logged on this morning, couldn’t teleport out from Divinity’s Reach, 15 copper left. All my gold is gone.

Will this be fixed ?

(edited by Calden.2487)

Posted by: genesisicaras.7146

genesisicaras.7146

[Incident: 120908-004764]

Over 45G missing from my account, out of no where.
0% chance I was hacked, glad to see it’s a known issue, but I didn’t “mass” order anything, I just logged in today and all the money our guild was saving up is gone.

Scary stuff.

- Icaras
Genesis Gaming Overlord
[GGEU]

Posted by: torlax.7169

torlax.7169

Yeah i lost about 1 gold 50 silver when buying just scraps. I logged out for the day and logged in the next and had only 12 copper left when i bought only 2.4 silver worth of jute scraps.