Graphical problem

Graphical problem

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Tzevaot.1736

Tzevaot.1736

I never had any problems on graphs GW2, nor in any other game, but lately I’ve noticed strange “anomalies” in my game:

In the first 3 pictures, happens when passing the mouse over the text

In the last two photos, it always happens that I have to confirm some option (logout, confirm item salvage …)

I have the impression that the texts are mixed, but do not know why…

Last week I updated the version of my video card, as requested, but not sure I can have a relationship, because this only happens in GW2, my other games remain normal.

Sorry for my bad english, and thank you for your attention

Attachments:

Graphical problem

Posted by: Kyllaa.1385

Kyllaa.1385

You always have to confirm a logout. You should only have to confirm a salvage if the item is masterwork and above (green, yellow, gold, purple). And I think you have to confirm to salvage your starter items as well.

As for the strange graphics, I’m at a loss. Seems like an odd video card issue. How long have you had this graphical issue? You may also want to post your system specs for the Anet staff or other players to review to be able to help you better.

Graphical problem

Tzevaot.1736

Ah yes yes, I know that whenever I log out I need to confirm the same way when I go to salvage items in green+ quality, the problem is that whenever I do this, it appears those strange letters.

I never had any problem with any game graphic, including guild wars 2 game since launch and never had any problems.

I believe my system specs are these:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz

Video Card: GeForce GT 430 1GB

RAM: 4.1 GB

Again sorry for my bad english

Graphical problem

Tzevaot.1736

Here’s a video I made of the problem x.x

Graphical problem

Kyllaa.1385

Wow! That is really strange! It might have something to do with your drivers. I’ve seen other threads describing different issues, but they are told to reinstall drivers and some people have to rollback to a previous version. There might even be a possibility of some game file issue. When the Mac version has odd graphical errors, we have to delete our support files and let the client redownload. I saw a similar pc fix, but you’d have to look into it here. My windows install has no problems, so I can’t confirm. Or maybe running the gw2 repair could help.

Hopefully, a dev will see this and offer some advice. I haven’t seen or heard of this before. Sorry I can’t be useful. Maybe fill out a ticket and attach that video as well. This seems like it needs very specific help.

Graphical problem

Tzevaot.1736

Wow! That is really strange! It might have something to do with your drivers. I’ve seen other threads describing different issues, but they are told to reinstall drivers and some people have to rollback to a previous version. There might even be a possibility of some game file issue. When the Mac version has odd graphical errors, we have to delete our support files and let the client redownload. I saw a similar pc fix, but you’d have to look into it here. My windows install has no problems, so I can’t confirm. Or maybe running the gw2 repair could help.

Hopefully, a dev will see this and offer some advice. I haven’t seen or heard of this before. Sorry I can’t be useful. Maybe fill out a ticket and attach that video as well. This seems like it needs very specific help.

Oh, thank you very much for answering, is already a big help ^^, I’ll try to reinstall the game to see if it resolves, if I find the cause of the problem I post here to if someone has the same problem.

Graphical problem

Kyllaa.1385

May want to try to reinstall your graphics drivers also. Glad to help the little bit I can.

Graphical problem

Tzevaot.1736

Problem solved, I reinstalled my drivers graphs as you talked and solved the problem, really thank you for your help Kyllaa

Graphical problem

Kyllaa.1385

Wonderful!!!! Thanks for letting me know!