Have you had an unjustified Ban? GW2 oppressive algorithms?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Scunge.3219

Scunge.3219

Having spent £84 so far on Gems and made a comittment as always not to buy from Gold sellers (especially since GW2 provide a Gem for Gold service to us themselves and I want their business and game to grow) I am flabbergasted to find that I am now banned by Arenanet from playing.

At the time I received the ban I was recruting for our 85+ member Guild. I sent out a message in one map where I recruited 2 people who were thoroughly delighted to join our ranks and our very friendly team of people. I moved to a new map and sent out the recruit message, moved on to another map and sent out the recruit message again – and for this I was kicked from game and banned. As far as I can interpret this in no way contravenes the Ts & Cs. In fact, Ive been doing this since the headstart without issue. My activities have allowed more than 85 members to find new friends and a enter a great guild community. I am being both loyal to Arenanet (buying Gems) and helping to develop their long term community. surely I am the kind of person they would want to promote, not discard without notice or explanation.

I suspect what has happened is that Arenanet have introduced some kind of algorithm or such to try and identify the behaviour of Gold Sellers in order to ban them. However, it has incorrectly identified my activity as Gold Selling and has auto-banned me.

I could even handle this error if there had been a response of any kind to the support ticket I logged to ask for a resolution. After more than 2 days there isnt any kind of reply whatsoever. With all the issues we have had to suffer so far this is the last straw. I have lost all faith in Arenanets ability to manage anything – in-game play, in-game admin, volume capacity, security. I have been through many many Beta’s and game launches now. The GW2 launch and their incompentency to deliver is truly unbelievable. No launch or game I can recall has experienced even 10% of the issues or the failings of this one. I’m going back to WOW where for 7 years they at least looked after their people.

GW2 is not fit for purpose. This has not been leisure time for 4 weeks now – it has been a nightmare of constant errors, failings and support tickets. I dont ever rememeber having to log a serious in-game ticket in any game before. In GW2 I havent been able to stop.

If you are like me and have lost all patience and faith I encourage you to request a full refund, as I have done. Since GW2 are not even be able to reply to a ticket where an unjustified ban has ocurred, whether the silence is intentional or not, shows a failing of the highest order that is systematic. Whether this is intention or incompetence is irrelevant. It just isn’t worth enduring this any longer.

This game is not fit for purpose and Arenanet give neither resolution nor response. If necessary I will be lodging a complaint in the Small Claims court for a full refund of both the game purchase price and the money spent on Gems. If anyone else needs any guidance on how to do this just let me know and I will talk you through the process as I discover it.

Good luck to everyone and good gaming. I personally need to go and play a game that works and you can enjoy.

Kind Regards
Simon

Posted by: Oddzball.4280

Oddzball.4280

Its only been 2 days? That’s not that long to wait for getting a response.

Second, I seriously doubt you got autobanned.

I am 100% positive they review your chatlog to see if you are spamming “Gold for sale” messages.

Posted by: Rotha.1763

Rotha.1763

Its only been 2 days? That’s not that long to wait for getting a response.

I agree with Oddzball on his first point. I think waiting 2 days then demanding a refund is a little rash. Due to the amount of tickets right now I believe the average wait time is 5 days.

Just be patient they will get to you. I know its hard to be patient but they will help you as soon as they can.

Scunge.3219

2 days unable play a game that I payed money for and use the Gems that I payed money for? 2 days unable to organise guild events and not there to start all the guild teamplay. U think thats acceptable? And not even 1 word of an explanation from GW2? Tell me any other game where the repsonse is that BAD?

Oddzball.4280

You signed a user agreement that said you agree that you may not have 24/7 access to the game.

You did read that right?

Scunge.3219

Hahaha, u guys are funny. Its not just this – we have influence points lost, game down time, trading post not working, dungoens unable to enter, WvW inaccessible, items going missing, server crashing. And I’m supposed to accpet that for 2 days – will be three tomorrow, I just cant play or lead or guild? And they cant even tell me if its a perma ban? Got no idea?
If you thinks thats acceptable? I should just wait 5 days and see!
Haha no thanks – this game is not fit for purpose and they are in breach of contract. Enough is enough.

Rotha.1763

Once is WoW My character hit a bugged area of Eastern Plaguelands, the second I logged into the character is would start falling through the world. It took 11days to get a GM to HS my character for me so I could log it on. I can tell you right now I was p***** off and in the end they were very apologetic that it took so long, but I didn’t care because I was angry but over the past 6 years I have learned that I am not the only gamer who has issues and I have to wait my turn.

Rotha.1763

Hahaha, u guys are funny. Its not just this – we have influence points lost, game down time, trading post not working, dungoens unable to enter, WvW inaccessible, items going missing, server crashing. And I’m supposed to accpet that for 2 days – will be three tomorrow, I just cant play or lead or guild? And they cant even tell me if its a perma ban? Got no idea?
If you thinks thats acceptable? I should just wait 5 days and see!
Haha no thanks – this game is not fit for purpose and they are in breach of contract. Enough is enough.

Well if 2 days is your limit, then I guess that’s it. GL and all that.

Scunge.3219

The law will judge based on the “reasonable man” Oddzball. The reasonable man would understand, as I do, that 24/7 is not possible. But 3 days without any service whatsoever – and who knows it could be 5 – and still not knowing whether you have a permanent ban or not for all that time -that’s not reasonable. That is a breach of contract.

Oddzball.4280

(d) NCsoft has no obligation under any circumstances to review any communications regarding violations of the Rules of Conduct related to any Account. NCsoft may, in its sole and absolute discretion, choose to review communications made to the Notice Contact regarding violations of the Rules of Conduct related to any Account. NCsoft may also, in its sole and absolute discretion, provide other means by which it may choose to review communications regarding violations of the Rules of Conduct related to any Account.

Posted by: Mako.4723

Mako.4723

Scunge, after reading your post, I think the exact same has happened to me (minus the fact that you paid extra money for gems). I tend to move from zone to zone posting a recruitment message, so we have almost identical symptoms. Sure, I’m a little aggravated that I cannot effectively organise my guild, as I’m also a guild leader for 70+ members, but you’ll have to deal with it like the rest of us.

Is it an automatic ban? No idea. But I can say that my account has not been compromised, as I’m currently off work and spend most of my days on GW2, and I have not performed anything illicit while playing.

That said, you’ll just have to wait. They’ll have a handful of support staff vs thousands of tickets. They are doing what they feel is best based on evidence.

And as Rotha said, you’re not the only gamer with a problem. Get a grip and remember there are others who are in the queue, too.

Oddzball.4280

I just find it doubtful that they ban you based off some “algorithm”. In almost every case they have specifically shown that they DO read what you have been saying in chat before they ban you.

Scunge.3219

Mako, I respect you patience I really do. However, in my professional, personal and gaming lives I am accustomed to more professionalism than this and I dont believe anyone should have to endure this poor service.

Good luck to you my friend but I will go somewhere that is happy and capable. Not stressed an failing. Believe me I hoped beyond hope it would have been different to this – I say that from the heart and genuinely

Scunge.3219

Then why did they ban me Oddzball when I copied and pasted a message I had used over a hundred times already? I didnt even say anything else

Oddzball.4280

What “exactly” does it say when you log in.

Posted by: Mako.4723

Mako.4723

It’s like being handed a parking ticket when you did nothing wrong. You get angry and feel frustrated, but you don’t yell in the street that you’ve been abused and it’s unprofessional service by the police.

You take the matter to them and it gets resolved.

If the police (in this case, A-Net) turn around and say that it’s my fault, I will be taking it higher.

Due to an injury I spend 24 hours a day at home, of which about 12 are on GW2 (the rest are eating and sleeping). In the unlikely event that my account has been hacked (no items gone, no change of password requests, no unauthorised access requests and no reports from guildmates saying I’m online at weird hours, spamming gold messages) I’m pretty certain that it’s just a misunderstanding, and I hope it’s the same for you too.

If, though, like I said, they say it’s my fault, I will be happy to take it further, but until that happens, keep your cool and be calm.

I hope everything ends up being resolved amicably. Personally I think you’re overreacting.

Posted by: Marmalade.9750

Marmalade.9750

As annoying as a ban for guild advertising might seem, there is chat report reason called “Spamming”. That’s why most of us restrict ourselves from flooding /map chat with our messages. I for example post an advert in the area I am curently in once every 30-60 minutes, no more. It’s not that I wouldn’t want for more people to see my guild is out there and looking for more, but I rather have a small guild with positive image than one that is famous for being all over the place when it comes to recruiting. I seriously doubt any ban is being done automatically, as it leads to more problems than it solves.

Scunge.3219

Mako, thats good advice my friend but I assure you I am not shouting or getting frustrated. We are all entiteld to better service than this and its about time we started to tell Arenanet this. I have had enough and need a refund but how can anyone expect better service if you dont make Arenanet aware that all of this is just unacceptable. Tens if not hundreds of thousands pf people (look at some of the views on account issue posts) are suffering. They should not have released a game they are clearly unable to manage.

Scunge.3219

By the way, so Arenanet know, we are now letting our 80+ members in Guild know exactly what happened and what GW2 have done to one of their up until now most staunchest supporters and loyal players (me). My wife and one of my sons also play(ed) GW2.

We are asking our (by now outraged) guildies to let everyone else know too. We will also be going to whatever and as much on line media as we can. This is deplorable.

Scunge.3219

Just for the record Marmalade, I have not “spammed”. I enter a map – wait to travel from the oveflow, send 1 single message and move in.

To be loyal to Arenanet and GW2, to try to build a community and keep there game going, even though you are aware of all failings – and then they treat you like this. What kind of people are they?

Game is uninstalled and I will persue my refund and anyone else who wants help.

Shame on Arenenet.

Posted by: Moderator

As this thread is not seeking any help from support, and seeks only to instigate others, it will now be locked.