Internet fine, can't connect to gws properly

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: DragonFlykm.8621

DragonFlykm.8621

Went to bed since I couldn’t play the events. Got up just in time for the 4:30 one and was able to play it fully. Still got some log-in issues after exiting though.

Just got in again near 5:30. Seems like it getting better. But still have some problems with the website not loading or very slow.

Just curious, but does anyone here use NBN and have these issues?

Posted by: GhostHits.4617

GhostHits.4617

I’m on my mobile data on my phone. Guild mates can’t connect, and we all have the same thing…centurylink. btw from Oregon. So Idk if it’s on centurylinks side

Blackgate Server [LUCK]
Thief, guardian, Necro, Warrior

Posted by: Balmung.6473

Balmung.6473

Same as ghost, Washington though but on centurylink as well

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

I am in Idaho, NA and cannot access website or game from my laptop home network. My 4g phone network can access the forums. Tried changing my DNS but no dice, any ideas to fix this would be welcomed.

Posted by: GhostHits.4617

GhostHits.4617

Site and game is up and running now for me.

Blackgate Server [LUCK]
Thief, guardian, Necro, Warrior

Posted by: Nep Leet.5491

Nep Leet.5491

You Live, You Learn
You Die, You Learn Faster

Posted by: DragonFlykm.8621

DragonFlykm.8621

I think it fine now too. Bit laggy at times, but seems stable.

Posted by: Spanner.7835

Spanner.7835

Well good morning.
It’s still flaky. Had multiple failed attempts to log in but managed to get in finally.
Game is reporting average pings above 500 ms, although for Aus that is not unusual

Posted by: ManOWar.4689

ManOWar.4689

Morning all. Game still lagging can hardly log in.

manage to get in game but too lagg to even case any skills. Hope anet can help us.

(Singapore)

Posted by: Catcha.3827

Catcha.3827

Hi all,

Same for me, pings between 1k to 5k (Australia). I guess the wekeends a bust for some of us

Posted by: Sleepwalker.1398

Sleepwalker.1398

Can login but BLTC is not loading or if loads then gives a weird message that I have to login. Waypoint to another map just spinning circle in bottom right and nothing happens.

(Australia)

Posted by: Markhov.4603

Markhov.4603

Same issue here and I am from Malaysia.

I tried to login couple times and it succeeded, but then in game the latency was extremely high.

So long as there are men, there will be wars.

Posted by: Soarer.7540

Soarer.7540

Can login but BLTC is not loading or if loads then gives a weird message that I have to login. Waypoint to another map just spinning circle in bottom right and nothing happens.

(Australia)

I have had the same issues for the past 12 hours and that is if I am lucky enough to be able to actually login.
I am also in Australia, but i was able to get into one of the Mordrem Invasion event maps about 2 hours ago. All was good (I got 20 stacks and the rewards) until i went to the next one in kessex hills only to get hit with what felt like a ddos attack (30- 240 seconds of lag at times) only to be disconnected and loose the one point I had manged to get towards the event. I feel cheated, disappointed and fear I will not be able to get enough blooms to purchase anything from the Mordrem Researcher before the event expires

Posted by: Citrus.4097

Citrus.4097

I’ve been getting this error for the past few weeks though I could still log in until yesterday morning. I hope it will not take a very long time before the problem is fixed.

Just getting started~ :)

Posted by: Loominova.1407

Loominova.1407

Went to bed since I couldn’t play the events. Got up just in time for the 4:30 one and was able to play it fully. Still got some log-in issues after exiting though.

Just got in again near 5:30. Seems like it getting better. But still have some problems with the website not loading or very slow.

Just curious, but does anyone here use NBN and have these issues?

I have the NBN and I think you’re incredibly misguided if you think it makes any difference. In fact I have worse ping than I did with the old copper. Thanks Tony.

I doubt its ISP but for my own sanity I’m with Optus. Anyone other Australians suffering this issue from Optus?

Posted by: Leonia.2031

Leonia.2031

The forums finally loaded! Its been over 12 hours since I have been able to reliably log in and play without any errors or lag hangups. That’s 12 hours of a 4 day event that I was unable to participate in (nevermind all the other issues associated with said event). If they were ever thinking about extending this thing, I would strongly suggest doing so as SEA/AU players are getting a raw deal here. It does sound like there may be multiple issues at play with NA also struggling today. I don’t know what’s going on but this is the largest outage I’ve seen since headstart. Consistent 1.5k ping and random crashes is no way to play a game.

If its of any help, I am with TPG in Australia. Please for the love of the six look into this issue, I am 90% certain the Telia ISP is involved and they have been a consistent problem for us.

(edited by Leonia.2031)

Posted by: Lomase.5730

Lomase.5730

One of the us based Telia server backbone has been having massive packet loss ever since the game went free to play.
I am with TPG Australia and when ever it’s peak hour or weekend I experience massive lag to the point where the game fails to run and stutters.

Posted by: erbourguet.4378

erbourguet.4378

Im from Mexico and had the same problem, looks like it is ok now, but i lost all the dang saturday, and not gonna get enough blooms for halo, anet give us free halo, or some compensation for this.

Posted by: Spanner.7835

Spanner.7835

I’m with Optus cable. Others were reporting similar issues with latency and packet loss across the board from the Asia Pacific region to the US and Europe, whether on ADSL, NBN or whatever. Definitely an upstream routing issue.
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2449561
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2449259

My mate on Internode was playing OK last night, so must be routed through a different path.

GW2 seems to be working normally now, with average pings around 240ms.

Posted by: foxof.8752

foxof.8752

same login error, although hesitate about the wtfast, give it a try, it actually works, ping is same as before login error, not become fast as advertised, but good enough for now before the login error problem fixed.

Posted by: Predator.7952

Predator.7952

I was unable to play at all yesterday due to these log in and high ping problems. I was unable to earn any blooms for the mordrem event including daily bonuses and it is now looking impossible for me to earn enough blooms for the selfless potion. I am beyond furious, how is arenanet going to compensate for this. Probably nothing.

Posted by: Tornix.2180

Tornix.2180

I have had the “can’t log in problem” but i can usually just restart the client and get in. The bigger problem for me has been random extreme ping spikes for no reason.
I play in WVW most of the time so i don’t know if its happening elsewhere it will just suddenly lag out and it seems like i am dcing but my connection to everything else is fine everyone will be walking into walls, my skills wont go off, cant waypoint etc then all of a sudden everything will go superspeed as it tries to catch up.
If i check my ping in game when its lagging like this the ping doesn’t refresh till near the end and usually comes up as anywhere from 700-4000 (around 300 is norm for me) and it happens for maybe 5 minutes at a time or it can be ongoing until it kicks me out to character select saying “we could not connect to log in server”
this does not happen all the time it is only intermittent if i re-log it sometimes fixes it
its as if its really struggling to connect to the servers for a time
and no it is not my isp since i can connect to every other game load videos and do everything else internet related just fine
are other people using your net? no i can play at 3am when no one within 500km of my house would be using the internet and still get this issue
if i ping or do a traceroute to guildwars2 nothing out of the ordinary shows up its just at certain times it will intermittently get monstrous lag god knows why
by what other people have posted it looks like some kind of routing issue like some guy saying his connection got put through europe when he is in AUS
it would be nice for this to be fixed i do like it when i can actually play

Posted by: gitflap.9031

gitflap.9031

Same as Tornix above, been getting massive spikes anything up to 4.5k ping for weeks now. And sometimes it’s fine. I’m not the only one. Seems to affect players from all over the world too. ANet certainly know about it by now thru support tickets and many forum posts. I’m in the UK. Normaly my ping averages around 100.

Posted by: gboaventura.1409

gboaventura.1409

I’m having the same problem here. I’m in Brazil btw.