Lag issues in Latin America

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Rap Tiger.1257

Rap Tiger.1257

I still trust in the work of Anet and I know that will fix this lag, now at dawn when I was playing 2 o’clock in the morning until 3:30 happened very little packet loss and suffered little lag in the figure here shows that Ip 64.25 .32.9 hardly lost packets at this time

Attachments:

Posted by: Rap Tiger.1257

Rap Tiger.1257

whereas before it was just

Attachments:

Posted by: rainynoble.6531

rainynoble.6531

I still trust in the work of Anet and I know that will fix this lag, now at dawn when I was playing 2 o’clock in the morning until 3:30 happened very little packet loss and suffered little lag in the figure here shows that Ip 64.25 .32.9 hardly lost packets at this time

I am afraid Anet have no control over servers which ncsoft paid for. and for the record they often cheapen out on those like they did with Aion…

Posted by: lanedraex.3691

lanedraex.3691

If they aren’t going to listen to us, we may need a different approach than just posting here on their forums and sending them support tickets.

Let’s boycott them, no one with the Lag issue buys a single Gem from now on (that is, if you’re still buying Gems even when you cannot play the game)!

Go to the social stuff (facebook, twitter, instagram, anything really) and say that you can’t play a game you’ve paid for because of a problem you cannot solve! Use some kind of harshtag like: #fixtheservers

Let’s show ArenaNet and NcSoft the power of Latin America, spread the message, ask your friends to do this too, doesn’t matter if it’s not in English, just post the tag so we can all unite under the same cause.

If this doesn’t work, it’ll just mean that the people with lag are not that many really.

(edited by lanedraex.3691)

Posted by: Shinta.9450

Shinta.9450

I’ve contacted the support again and they gave me the same BS answer even though my ISP can’t detect any issue on my network.

I approve the boycott idea, we should not buy any gems as long as this issue persist.
Basically the only thing I can do on the game are my dailies.

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

Hey guys just an update:

Our Network Engineering Team has thoroughly investigated this issue and we have been unable to find anything that would indicate that this is an issue on our end. This does appear to be a widespread issue in the Latin American region which spans multiple countries and so I would recommend getting in contact with your ISP to see if there is anything on their end that can be done to alleviate some of this lag.

I’m sorry for any inconvenience and frustration this may have caused you all but unfortunately there isn’t anything that we can do in this particular case as it appears to be affecting multiple games and multiple ISP’s within this region.

I don’t have any trouble with any other game from US, only the gw2. I have problems with all services related to gw2, including web sites and forums. I really don’t think that is a ISP problem related.

I’m so sorry, but if you cannot fix it, it is a good bye, becouse the game is just unplayable right now.

Also I don’t think that is only in Latin America, since a lot of people from other places, like Oceania, Europe and even Canada have this issue.

It’s sad that you can not see where the problem is, when everyone has realized that it is in your server.

The worst part is that this is one of the best games I ever played and I will abandon it for a foolish reason.

Sorry for my english.

Posted by: HerzAs.8725

HerzAs.8725

its imposible to be my ISP, yesterday i played like 3 hours of battlefield 3 premium and there wasnt lag, only in this game, tested with team fortress 2, battlefield bad company2, company of heroes, dungeon defenders, left 4 dead 2, magicka, shoot many robots and the warhammer 40k dawn of war 2 series…

THE ONLY GAME WITH LAG PROBLEM IS GUILD WARS 2, since the patch before the last one…

Herz As Caliber Level 80 Warrior
Full CoF Set Kaineng
Los Magnificos ATM Guild

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

PS2 folks have had similar issues. Grabbed the following info from this thread

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/loosing-packets-to-east-coast-servers.119787/page-3

This is no doubt a major factor in what some of us have experienced. Of course there are no doubt other factors at play as well for some of us.

If you look at Level3’s global network map you can see that alot of Europe and Latin America traffic gets routed into the same NY area so it must be coming up via the same rather big bunch of cables

There is work being done on the TAT-14 system. It is a major trans Atlantic fiber system.

>>>>>

Originally Posted by :
20-06-2013 16:16 UTC:
TAT-14 will be replacing six repeaters on Segment K in a two ship operat ion in J uly which will minimize segment downtime. The current POW indicates segment operations commencing on July 6th and continuing until July 30th. There are no contingencies built into this schedule. A ring switch to remove all NPE traffic from Segment K is currently scheduled for July 5th occurring at the beginning of the maintenance window at 2300hrs UTC. DWA traffic will remain up until PSC is turned over to the ships on July 6th. The dates may change slightly to accommodate the ships actual mobilization and transit to the cable grounds.

There will be ring switch hits on STM-16 below and all the wavelength (10G) circuits riding on segment K
will be down for the duration of the activity.

08-07-2013, 22:37 UTC:
The Cable Stations have shutdown DWA traffic and depowered Segment K as of July 8 2210hrs UTC. The C.S. Rene Descartes has arrived on the cable grounds and will commence with the KR-087 repeater replacement shortly.

>>>>>

As far as I can tell by the link I have that uses it the system is still down. I don’t have an ETA but it could be a while. They are replacing 6 repeaters at the bottom of the ocean. So it could be that way until the end of the month or longer if the ship has any troubles like bad weather.

——————

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

(edited by Kreen.3925)

Posted by: Antigono.1258

Antigono.1258

I want to provide information that can lead to deduce what the problem is
I’m from Argentina. ISP: FIBERTEL

I run the game with “Pingzapper” and the lag disappears, I mean, works perfectly. I do not know what this program does exactly, but the game, running it with this program works well.

The problem: The program will cut the connection every hour, meaning that each time it is necessary to re log into the game. Unless of course you buy the software, (I’m using the free version)

I do not know if I can leave the link of this program here in the forum, but using google I do not think you have trouble finding it

Posted by: Hezak.2193

Hezak.2193

hey guys, I found a temporary fix.
a friend of mine recomended me to download a program named wtfast, I did and it worked very well for me

What I did was very simple, when you open this program you’ll get 2 options, on the first one you give the path to the game (C:/Arquivos de Programas/Guild Wars 2 for example) on the second one you select a server, in that option I choose one server located in USA (Florida to be more specific as it’s closed to Brazil), after I did it I just launched the game and had no lag issues so far.

The problem is… I’m runing a 30 days free trial and this program costs U$99. I really hope anet fix this issue before my free time expires cause I don’t wanna have to pay for a decent server myself as anet or ncsoft are not willing to do so.

hope you guys find this info usefull and anet notices that some players that would be willing to pay for this program could be spending this money on gems instead

Posted by: Innolis.7534

Innolis.7534

For what I’ve discussed with support, there’s a problem with how our ISP’s are routing our connections to the GW servers.

There seems to be a hop in dallas thats loosing packets like crazy. This hop is on the way to the GW servers but its not Anet’s. Its not, however, our ISP’s either. This is most likely also the reason why people dont have lag while using a 3rd party “ping preventing”solution, since it probably just proxies the connection through their servers bypassing dalla’s hop.

So you see, this problem falls in a somewhat gray area where ANET is not responsible, our ISP is “technically” not responsible (its not really their server) and we don’t get to play the game we payed for…

Now, even though the ISP is not responsible per se, IT IS their responsibility to properly route our data packages. So what we can do, is call our ISP’s, explain them the situation and see if they can either contact that dalla’s datacenter or route our connections differently.

The problem with this method in Argentina at least, is that our customer support is comprised of little more than trained monkeys, so again, ANET’s help here would be GREATLY appreciated.

tl.dr: There’s a hop in dallas kittening with our connection, we have to call our ISP’s and have them contact that datacenter to get it fixed.

(edited by Innolis.7534)

HerzAs.8725

I think the solution is not to get some trial versiones of programs to play a game we paid for…

the solution is in the staff, the technical service and a new patch… we dont deserve the answer " Talk to your ISP " ….

Full CoF Set Kaineng
Los Magnificos ATM Guild

Posted by: Antigono.1258

Antigono.1258

The ISP here in Argentina at least, they will not lift a finger to keep a game running well.
The question is: ANET: can you do something to help your half of the players in South America?
If the answer is NO, and taking into account that ISPs here at least, will not do anything about it, there remained no choice but to stop playing or play other games on the market (which are running without lag), at least until the problem magically go away as it as appeared.

Posted by: dovrak.4376

dovrak.4376

This. I heard Lineage 2 people is having similar issues. Seems like NcSoft servers are kittened up.

Posted by: Saiki.5147

Saiki.5147

Got a reply saying that i can’t have a refund because It’s been over 6 months I have bought my game. So now I can’t play or have my money back, isn’t that wonderful?

Posted by: Dannz.2490

Dannz.2490

If they aren’t going to listen to us, we may need a different approach than just posting here on their forums and sending them support tickets.

Let’s boycott them, no one with the Lag issue buys a single Gem from now on (that is, if you’re still buying Gems even when you cannot play the game)!

Go to the social stuff (facebook, twitter, instagram, anything really) and say that you can’t play a game you’ve paid for because of a problem you cannot solve! Use some kind of harshtag like: #fixtheservers

Let’s show ArenaNet and NcSoft the power of Latin America, spread the message, ask your friends to do this too, doesn’t matter if it’s not in English, just post the tag so we can all unite under the same cause.

If this doesn’t work, it’ll just mean that the people with lag are not that many really.

and no 1 million “likes” for them on facebook
unlike
#fixtheservers

Posted by: fran aguilar.4130

fran aguilar.4130

once again they told me.. that the problem is my ISP!!!
apparently we are a stupid people. that can be told anything!!

and we have to say.. yes sir.. sorry sir

Saiki.5147

Hi.
I’ve been playing for over an hour this morning with no lag at all (started playing at 7:15am and now it is 8:31am – Brazil). Let’s see what is gonna happen from now on.

9:13am now – still no lag
10:30am – everything is still fine
11:40am – so far so good
12:00 – And the lag takes over everything again -_- (hard to play atm)

I’ll keep updating it

(edited by Saiki.5147)

Posted by: johnpoc.8732

johnpoc.8732

Game works flawlessly early in the morning when few people are online. At around 8 – 9 a.m server time the game becomes unplayable again.

Lockn Loada/Ryu Shueki
[RUN] solo/duo roamer

Posted by: trinketmage.9812

trinketmage.9812

Last night, i and a friend (a friend and i, w/e) were trying tunneling services…
I was trying Ping Zapper, and he wtfast…
Both work pretty well for us, with only one downside in each software:
Ping Zapper: on a trial acc you can play for 1 hour, the get kicked to the caracter selection. But you can reactivate the tunnel and get back in the game in no time
WTFast: 1 month free trial.

For the meantime, while the problem is fixed (anet figure it out what is the problema, aquaman fixes the fiber lines under the ocean or w/e the problem is) this is a nice and easy way to solve the lag issue…

Hope everyone can try those and get some kind of solution

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

Game works flawlessly early in the morning when few people are online. At around 8 – 9 a.m server time the game becomes unplayable again.

This ^

Are you reading ANet? from 1 am to 5 am central the game works PERFECTLY. Zero lag, zero skill delay.

Any other time of the day it lags.

hey guys, I found a temporary fix.
a friend of mine recomended me to download a program named wtfast

Sadly, I already went through the 30 days trial and I have no idea of how to reset it (checked regedit and couldn’t find a way to remove the traces).

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

Posted by: lanedraex.3691

lanedraex.3691

Last night, i and a friend (a friend and i, w/e) were trying tunneling services…
I was trying Ping Zapper, and he wtfast…
Both work pretty well for us, with only one downside in each software:
Ping Zapper: on a trial acc you can play for 1 hour, the get kicked to the caracter selection. But you can reactivate the tunnel and get back in the game in no time
WTFast: 1 month free trial.

For the meantime, while the problem is fixed (anet figure it out what is the problema, aquaman fixes the fiber lines under the ocean or w/e the problem is) this is a nice and easy way to solve the lag issue…

Hope everyone can try those and get some kind of solution

Yes, these services will work for most people, the problem however, is that this issue is almost a month old already, so some of us can say goodbye to WTFast free trial.

If the problem really was this July oceanic cable maintenance then someone told Aquaman the wrong date, because he started to work in June.

I can’t play WvW using any tunneling service (it just disconnects me after 5 minutes) and when I play sPvP, I have to close a “Could not get response from server” message like 10 times, before they just give up and I can finally play.

#fixtheservers

Edit: @Razor.6392 – there is a way, can’t tell you how though.

Posted by: Wotah.2975

Wotah.2975

The problem with this method in Argentina at least, is that our customer support is comprised of little more than trained monkeys, so again, ANET’s help here would be GREATLY appreciated.

It’s not just an Argentina problem! We deal with the same in the US.

Wotah, Brutaler [SICK]/[SG]
Plague/Shadow Gypsies
Jade Quarry

Shinta.9450

I am playing right now using WTFast and for now I can play just fine.

Edit: @Razor.6392 – there is a way, can’t tell you how though.

Yep, there is a way.

johnpoc.8732

It’s not just an Argentina problem! We deal with the same in the US.

lol I thought we were the only ones

Lockn Loada/Ryu Shueki
[RUN] solo/duo roamer

Posted by: Engels.8537

Engels.8537

For what I’ve discussed with support, there’s a problem with how our ISP’s are routing our connections to the GW servers.

There seems to be a hop in dallas thats loosing packets like crazy. This hop is on the way to the GW servers but its not Anet’s. Its not, however, our ISP’s either. This is most likely also the reason why people dont have lag while using a 3rd party “ping preventing”solution, since it probably just proxies the connection through their servers bypassing dalla’s hop.

So you see, this problem falls in a somewhat gray area where ANET is not responsible, our ISP is “technically” not responsible (its not really their server) and we don’t get to play the game we payed for…

Now, even though the ISP is not responsible per se, IT IS their responsibility to properly route our data packages. So what we can do, is call our ISP’s, explain them the situation and see if they can either contact that dalla’s datacenter or route our connections differently.

tl.dr: There’s a hop in dallas kittening with our connection, we have to call our ISP’s and have them contact that datacenter to get it fixed.

1° Every guy who wrote bs after this guy need to read more and write less, (and stop with boicot ideas… it’s stupid),

2° Why in hell nobody at Anet told us this? This seems to be completly reasonable… much more than “all ISP in latin america are kittened up”,

3° Are you guys at Anet aware of this?

Don’t talk to me about toughness and vitality, damage avoidance is all in this game

Posted by: Laurienne.3645

Laurienne.3645

ok guys new build (update) and no skill lag here anymore =D maybe they fixed something?

Posted by: fran aguilar.4130

fran aguilar.4130

same here.. new build.. and at the moment.. no problemo

Posted by: kushiel.2867

kushiel.2867

OMG its running fine for me also… i hope it keeps this way crying in happiness now enough talking i have jumping and races to do without lag.

I cant thank Anet yet cause they never really did said anything about it, so i guess its just a miracle patch, like the one that came with the lag, this one fixed. So happy!

Shinta.9450

Same here. Just started playing, no lag after update. Thanks Anet

Posted by: surfinbird.1973

surfinbird.1973

looks like my lag is gone, i also noticed that the ip of my server has changed. Maybe that was the solution, dunno. What matters is that it is now running smoothly.

HerzAs.8725

seems my lag is gone too!!! lets play and crossfingers for the lag stay away from here

Full CoF Set Kaineng
Los Magnificos ATM Guild

Posted by: Sorean.5379

Sorean.5379

Lag is gone for me…Lets see how long it lasts!

Posted by: Resk.6843

Resk.6843

well there is no lag anymore, what did u fixed a-net?

Posted by: Kreen.3925

Kreen.3925

well I am still getting rubberand lag post the latest update

I fight for JQ.
Kreen – Warrior L80, Mono Lith – Guardian L80
Higgsbosun – Thief L80, Silvron – Ranger L80.

Posted by: Laurienne.3645

Laurienne.3645

well yea the lag is back here, not so bad, but still lagging =(

johnpoc.8732

When the patch came out it was working perfectly, now (3 hours later) it started to lag a bit again but not like before. This is what happened to me

Lockn Loada/Ryu Shueki
[RUN] solo/duo roamer

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

If you people really think Anet are going to do anything about this LAG problem then your seriously deluded. Anet couldn’t give a monkey’s about it’s player base as they have proven in countless threads.

They add useless patch after useless patch! Week after Week and it just gets worse and worse and worse..

As long as they are meeting their “Gem Sales” Targets they couldn’t care less whether we are experiencing Lag/Skill Delay.

(edited by Colly.4073)

Shinta.9450

I’ve been playing all afternoon and there is still no lag.

johnpoc.8732

I sent a ticket asking if they had intentionally fixed the problem or it was just a lucky hit. If it was just luck maybe they could try to find what changed in order to recognize what was causing the problem. I’ll update you later when I get a response

Lockn Loada/Ryu Shueki
[RUN] solo/duo roamer

Posted by: Astian.2705

Astian.2705

So far I’m not lagging. I hope this last long. In Anet We Trust.

Posted by: jptx.3426

jptx.3426

Well here in Chile we still have the lag not so much than before but still we have a lot of lag plis help here

Posted by: neon.4863

neon.4863

I’m getting a lot of lag right now (Cursed Shore/Straits of Devastation).

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

A lot of lag here (in Brazil) right now. It’s always at this time of the day that I get the most lag.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Posted by: DeepBlueJSB.9621

DeepBlueJSB.9621

I dunno what they do but if you did something … pls tell us what was … the lag have been reduced considerably! ( or maybe is because Im playing at night but still is WAY better than before )

Posted by: Pelagato.6092

Pelagato.6092

Hey whats with all the jerkiness in the game and net issues…. ncsoft or anet forgot to pay half of their internet bill or they are just selling the servers for an extra coin?

Posted by: Innolis.7534

Innolis.7534

Well, I’m extremely happy to say that this seems to be solved…I did contact my ISP about that datacenter, but I got sketchy responses at best…who knows…

I’m not really sure who to thank for this so I guess I’m gonna call it a day and keep enjoying the game. Shame we had to miss aetherblade…but at least we can play the game again.

Saiki.5147

No lag at the moment, it’s been days since I could experience/enjoy the game this way. Let’s see if everything will be okay on WvW reset.

Posted by: Kyra.3871

Kyra.3871

Im still with lag… less lag but still with.

We are waiting….

Posted by: jptx.3426

jptx.3426

Finally I dont have more lag with the new patch tks Arena net for the new pach