Lag issues in Latin America

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Innolis.7534

Innolis.7534

What’s your region?

I’ve seem lots and lots of people from South America logging into Baruch Bay [SP], which is in Europe.
They should be getting better latency from a NA world.

It’s a widespread problem that affects several regions with (seemingly) latin america getting the worst of it.

The reason this appears to be bound to a specific set of servers is simply because latin communities are somewhat based on those servers.

A large portion of argentinian players play on Sorrow’s Furnace, as the biggest argentinian guild (afaik) plays there.

Posted by: Saiki.5147

Saiki.5147

Well, i dunno if you guys did anything today but… when i logged in today 5am server time (Jade Quarry) i could play as i was used to, the lag is back now tho, but still better than the last days.

Same happened here, during the first hours in the morning the game was fine again, but again the lag is back.

Posted by: trinketmage.9812

trinketmage.9812

Just one more complaint to the pile

ISP: Tigo

Since the deployment of the latest patch having 3-4 seconds delay, and this weekend i even have disconnects, kicking me to the character selection screen

Im a new player (bought my acc 1 month ago), just get to lvl 80 and eager to do dungeons and buy gems from the store… but i cant even kill random mobs with this latency

At least they can give to us some news about whats going on, even a “yeah, we screw over something and still trying to figure it out how to fix this” just to let us know that they hear (or read) the player base

Posted by: fran aguilar.4130

fran aguilar.4130

ok.. apparently the problem is our ISP.. because in all Latin America we have the same ISP..
that was the answer they sent me…

Posted by: Hagnarock.7156

Hagnarock.7156

ISP: Vivo Speedy

I have the lag issue sice July 1st, 2013 (expecifically, after the first fix patch for the new jumping puzzle). This is more precise in the topic i created if any of you are interested https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Framing-the-Ground-Zero-of-the-Lag-Spread/first#post2366669

Strange is to see that several other players that are also brasilians do not show sign of the lag issue at all, and even stranger that some ISP that they’re using are “blacklisted” here in this topic.

My network is working just fine for everything else i use it for.

(edited by Hagnarock.7156)

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

Ok this is seriously getting old. When this also happened in LoL it was also kittening ignored as if they didn’t care at all. How many more days? Will you come out and say with a straight face that if this happened to the players in NA you would take this long to fix it?

kittening pathetic.

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

Posted by: emanueldst.8049

emanueldst.8049

wow tomorrows the new patch…. i can see it already more awesome content , more awesome lag

Posted by: Nachitto.1370

Nachitto.1370

Bump!
Same problema here, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Fibertel.

trinketmage.9812

I honestly expect that withe the deploy of the new patch, anet give a ninja solution to the lag issue

Posted by: johnpoc.8732

johnpoc.8732

I really hope new patch fixes something, if a patch caused it a patch can fix it (crossed fingers).
Lots of people here are saying that the largest amount of affected players are those from Latin America, while in Europe the problem is way bigger than ours (Germany specially).

Lockn Loada/Ryu Shueki
[RUN] solo/duo roamer

Innolis.7534

Well…the new patch hasnt fixed anything…this is really sad as I would really love to play the game I payed for…

(edited by Innolis.7534)

Posted by: alerodri.8519

alerodri.8519

New patch, new content. No problem fixed.

Posted by: HerzAs.8725

HerzAs.8725

new patch, new content, achievement rewards, old lag, same problem…

Herz As Caliber Level 80 Warrior
Full CoF Set Kaineng
Los Magnificos ATM Guild

Innolis.7534

So this is basically another event we’ll be missing out on…I hope they give us something when this is fixed…if its ever fixed…

Posted by: Ashley Segovia.8276

Previous

Ashley Segovia.8276

Technical Support

Hey guys just an update:

Our Network Engineering Team has thoroughly investigated this issue and we have been unable to find anything that would indicate that this is an issue on our end. This does appear to be a widespread issue in the Latin American region which spans multiple countries and so I would recommend getting in contact with your ISP to see if there is anything on their end that can be done to alleviate some of this lag.

I’m sorry for any inconvenience and frustration this may have caused you all but unfortunately there isn’t anything that we can do in this particular case as it appears to be affecting multiple games and multiple ISP’s within this region.

Innolis.7534

Well..this is discouraging…our ISP’s simply wont acknowledge there’s a problem on their end…

Posted by: Adrammelech.5842

Adrammelech.5842

Hey guys just an update:

Our Network Engineering Team has thoroughly investigated this issue and we have been unable to find anything that would indicate that this is an issue on our end. This does appear to be a widespread issue in the Latin American region which spans multiple countries and so I would recommend getting in contact with your ISP to see if there is anything on their end that can be done to alleviate some of this lag.

I’m sorry for any inconvenience and frustration this may have caused you all but unfortunately there isn’t anything that we can do in this particular case as it appears to be affecting multiple games and multiple ISP’s within this region.

I don’t think it appears to be affecting multiple games. Only multiple ISP’s. How people say before, there are not problems with other games.

Posted by: alerodri.8519

alerodri.8519

Hey guys just an update:

Ashley,

Thanks for the reply but I find it hard to believe that all of a sudden all ISPs spanning 10 or more countries all decided to change their settings exactly at the same time in which a game patch was introduced? Too much coincidence. Regards

alerodri

johnpoc.8732

Hey guys just an update:

So I have my ISP telling me they can’t find any problem and on the other hand Anet saying its an ISP issue. That said, seems like no one is gonna work to get it fixed. Is there a chance that I can get a refund?

Lockn Loada/Ryu Shueki
[RUN] solo/duo roamer

Posted by: Shinta.9450

Shinta.9450

If it’s a problem on multiple ISP’s in our region, why most of us aren’t having any issues with other games?

Posted by: Edmo.7159

Edmo.7159

the problem is only with this game.

I have Guild Wars 1 and I thinking about going there to see if it has the same problem, I believe that GW uses the same server as GW2 (when one goes down the other one too).

I’m not against temporary content, i love it, but now my head is exploding

Is impossible to use jump pads with this lag, I can successfully jump and then my character appears falling in the wrong place… then nothing of Dragon Ball Arena and Not so Secret Jumping Puzzle to me… luckily the last one is not temporary

Yesterday I took the troll cache, but in the first attempt the floor did not fall and 10s latter my character turned up dead down there

I just keep playing because pve is easy, i can fight even with lag…

Please fix this, I play from day one and never had problems, also played Guild Wars 1 before and never needed tunneling, i can’t pay monthly for these services. T_T

Posted by: AXEL.8362

AXEL.8362

Hey guys just an update:

Allow me to call bs on thakittens

impossible that we all have the same issue on different countries with different ISPs. For the record Im also playing several others mmo without a milisecond of delay. Including mmos with JP servers like Phantasy Online 2 and american ones like Tera.

This issue started 2 or 3 weeks ago around the implementation of Sky Pirates. I used to play flawlessly. Now after each skill I have to wait 2 seconds for them to activate.

My pc still runs the game at 60 fps maxed out so you can discard a spec issue.

Posted by: Adrammelech.5842

Adrammelech.5842

I think the moderator can read this now: Bullkitten. How someone said before, is pretty impossible that several ISPs from different countries decided to change their settings exactly at the same time. Very convenient, uh?

trinketmage.9812

Hey guys just an update:

Translation:
We cant find where we screw things up, or how to fix this…
So, can you go and complain with someone else?
Keep playing this game and spending money on the Gem Store…
We care about you!

Very, very convenient… i work in IT, network mainteinance and stuff, and it really dosnt make sense that i can use every other inet service (navigation, download, upload , streaming even playing other games) without latency issues

Ms Ashley Segovia, if your Network People says that there is no problem on your side, WE, the Latin America Community call that desicion a BS conclusion…

Sending my regards
A very angry new player, who feels he just throw down $50

Posted by: Astian.2705

Astian.2705

You know that’s a lie. If you can’t solve it just say it. Admit that you broke something or that you are not willing to pay for better service on your side.

Posted by: Kyra.3871

Kyra.3871

So… basicaly you say: “This is not our problem, this casualy all ips of all gamers broken the same time”…
I think just i think you know what is it, you have the same problem with europe. And you fix it.
But when you fix it now we have problems but we are so less peaple so you dont wanna fix for us…
well done arena net well done…

You lose ALL Latin America.
Good Bye.

Innolis.7534

At this point its clear that ANET is not going to further pursue this. I for one dislike paying for games that I cannot play.

My recommendation is for everyone to re-open their tickets with support and have them explain as best as they can where are our ISP’s going wrong.

If they insist its their fault, the least we can do is try to understand why are they saying this and flood our ISP’s with valid-fact based complaints until they either fix this or provide a reasonable explanation as to why its not their fault.

Posted by: Shen.1750

Shen.1750

Hey guys just an update:

You mention it’s affecting multiple games, could you name at least one? Everyone mentioned that their issues are exclusively with gw2, myself included, so I havent heard of anything related to these “other games”.

Posted by: Bowsack.8914

Bowsack.8914

Hey guys just an update:

Oh good, this mean ill stop playing all NCSoft games after i drain my 30 days of battleping…

trinketmage.9812

Yeah, im going to open a ticket and ask for a refound…

Astian.2705

The same is happening to French people, just check their forums… this isn’t a LA problem. And you know it.

johnpoc.8732

Same happens to UK and German players.
I can’t play the game for which I’ve payed 60 bucks and in addition I can’t even get a refund. I’m really kitten ed

Lockn Loada/Ryu Shueki
[RUN] solo/duo roamer

Posted by: Hell.4601

Hell.4601

After reading several posts on several forums (even Lineage ones), here are some of my conclusions:
-It started on July 1st. I do not know if Anet has to pay for server hosting,but if there’s a contract it usually changes over month,right?
-Your ISP doesnt matter. Your region doesn’t matter. On another post, people complain from EU to NA to LA regions. All other games are ok.
-Lineage was affected as well.

Please Ashley address this issue and let us know as soon as it’s fixed. Its in your end. We’re sure of this.

I started doing this new race-thing from new patch and it was amazing. I really wanted to do it but the delay doesnt allow me.

Tennaris
[ XOXO ] – NSP

johnpoc.8732

After reading several posts on several forums (even Lineage ones), here are some of my conclusions:
-It started on July 1st. I do not know if Anet has to pay for server hosting,but if there’s a contract it usually changes over month,right?
-Your ISP doesnt matter. Your region doesn’t matter. On another post, people complain from EU to NA to LA regions. All other games are ok.
-Lineage was affected as well.

Please Ashley address this issue and let us know as soon as it’s fixed. Its in your end. We’re sure of this.

I started doing this new race-thing from new patch and it was amazing. I really wanted to do it but the delay doesnt allow me.

Thing here is that after reading all our posts and support tickets they already got to the conclusion that the problem is not on Arena Nets end. If that’s what they really believe then they won’t try to fix it cause (according to them) they have nothing to take care of.

Lockn Loada/Ryu Shueki
[RUN] solo/duo roamer

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

Massive lag as I write. Everything else using the internet is working fine.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Saiki.5147

New content just released and still we can’t play, isnt’ that beautiful Anet? Quit it about our ISP being the problem and fix it or give us our money back ’cause it is impossible to play the game atm.

Posted by: DeepBlueJSB.9621

DeepBlueJSB.9621

pls fix it ANET! I thought i was the only one having this issue but after checking the forums i think i not..

I dont think is the ISP or yours ISP either but something in the middle of it.
If this problems persist I think It will be time to say ‘daed game’ and move forward. ( >< )

(edited by DeepBlueJSB.9621)

Saiki.5147

I wanna my money back as it seems Anet won’t be fixing it.

Posted by: fran aguilar.4130

fran aguilar.4130

New UPDATE… same problem!!!!

FIX THE LAG PROBLEM!!

not treat us like fools .. all Latin America have have the same ISP???

Posted by: SadClown.5061

SadClown.5061

You know whats funny, I bought this game yesterday, and I can’t even play
Totally my bad for not checking this section of the forums first. I shouldn’t have trusted NCsoft after what they did with Exteel u.u

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

it appears to be affecting multiple games and multiple ISP’s within this region.

No, just GW2.

At least as of right now.

When it happened with LoL it also had a massive lack of communication, and only 1 random staff member posting an update every 5 days or more.

Awfully similar, huh? Treat latin america like the 3rd world countries they are!

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

(edited by Razor.6392)

Posted by: Chris.4527

Chris.4527

This is ridiculous, I am visiting my wife’s family in south america for the next 2 months. I can’t play the game at all, and it randomly happened the start of the month. It is on your end ANET – for it to happen on a patch, obvious much?

[One]

Posted by: jptx.3426

jptx.3426

Plis Help with the lag.
know i can even play its imposible to move i have lag all time i have 2 mgb or internet and before the pach of june the game worked good iam from Chile i have like 104 fps so i dont think is the grafics i did also the guild wars diagnostic and report the issue

Posted by: lanedraex.3691

lanedraex.3691

<sarcasm>Oh so the network guys are saying it’s on our end? They should’ve said it sooner, I’ll just call my ISP and tell them that of all the games I play, things I download, movies I stream and stuff I do on the internet, one game is not working, it’s their fault, I believe it… </sarcasm>

Really? Hire new people to solve the problem if you have to, but don’t just come here saying that is our fault (our ISPs) when the ONLY thing affected is Guild Wars 2!

I’ve played a beta test of FFXIV, BETA TEST, with no lag, and a full released game, GW2, doesn’t work for me, well I guess I’ll be playing something else then, as will most of the people having this lag.

Fire some of the designers and hire more network staff, we don’t need 100 updates in 1 week if we can’t even play the game as it is.

Wish I could tell people the solution I’ve found, but I can’t. So ArenaNet, figure it out and good luck.

Posted by: Shinta.9450

Shinta.9450

Since those lag issues had begun, I’ve started to use WTFast free trial and it was working pretty well even though I still had some packet loss. Since Bazar of the Wind update I am not able to play EVEN using a tunneling service.

As lanedraex said, we don’t need hundreds of updates and new content if we can’t even play the game.

Posted by: pixfan.2407

pixfan.2407

Well, I’m leaving this game, it’s sad to think that my first MMORPG experience ended like this, it was such an awesome game when it used to work properly, but I guess I’ll have to stick with First Person Shooters like I used to.

Anet, this is unprofessional and embarrasing, a company that doesn’t care about their costumers shouldn’t be allowed to exist.

But of course, if the people having problems aren’t even 1/4 of the players, why bothering yourselves with a permanent fix, right? After all, something like that would require hard work.

You don’t care about us and say that the lag is a problem of our ISP, well, let me tell you something: not every latin american and european country have the same ISP, shocking right?

To Ashley, you’re telling me that ALL of our ISP’s decided to change something the SAME day Anet updated the game with the Dragon Bash, but for some reason GW2 is the only game we’re are having problems with? Yeah, of course! Why didn’t I think of that before?

I will stop playing for some months and if this situation doesn’t change, goodbye GW2.

Saiki.5147

If this lag issue had happened to US players, would not your response has been different Anet?

Saiki.5147

Well, I’m leaving this game, it’s sad to think that my first MMORPG experience ended like this, it was such an awesome game when it used to work properly, but I guess I’ll have to stick with First Person Shooters like I used to.

Anet, this is unprofessional and embarrasing, a company that doesn’t care about their costumers shouldn’t be allowed to exist.

But of course, if the people having problems aren’t even 1/4 of the players, why bothering yourselves with a permanent fix, right? After all, something like that would require hard work.

You don’t care about us and say that the lag is a problem of our ISP, well, let me tell you something: not every latin american and european country have the same ISP, shocking right?

To Ashley, you’re telling me that ALL of our ISP’s decided to change something the SAME day Anet updated the game with the Dragon Bash, but for some reason GW2 is the only game we’re are having problems with? Yeah, of course! Why didn’t I think of that before?

I will stop playing for some months and if this situation doesn’t change, goodbye GW2.

No one cares to 3rd world country problems why would Anet? Even knowing it was not my ISP problem i contacted them, guess what? There is nothing wrong with it. Shame on Anet for their lack of professionalism.

Astian.2705

oh… NCsoft… it’s on your end… aion is having the same troubles, so is l2…

http://forums.na.aiononline.com/na/showthread.php?t=114370&page=2

http://forums.na.aiononline.com/na/showthread.php?t=114896&page=8

Posted by: Kisses.1054

Kisses.1054

Playing from australia, get same issue as these people.

I get error msg 7:11:3:191:101 + no chat/party functionality (lags or doesn’t work at all) + occasionally long loading screens, disconnects, or lags. Just the chat/party bug makes things unplayable, even if apart from that it might be playable (skill usage not lagging too much).

It happens in evening time for me so like ~ gmt 5-10am on NA server.

This is a new issue since maybe 2-3 months, increasingly bad. If this had happened back when i bought game i would haev got a refund, as it is i’m not gonna buy any arenanet or nscoft game. im now just gonna assume ncsoft will run bad servers.

I played aion and i remember they had notoriously bad servers, many people paying for lower ping services (which nonetheless still resulted in latency/spikes worse than other mmo servers such as blizzard or ea servers).

Maybe this is an ncsoft issue, in that they are too cheap to pay for decent servers? As the person above mentioned aion servers are having problems too. Are anet using an ncsoft data centre in texas still ??

maybe this is an isp issue, in that isp are doing something funny to certain protocols throttling or w/e. but fact is i dont get this issue with other online games.