Log-In Issues (specifically Error 11) - [merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: BlakThornArrow.2389

BlakThornArrow.2389

Hi all a question , are any of you having troubles logging in>?
I actually checked the remember password on my account login .
yet now my passwords gone and when i enter it it says its invalid. i’m afraid i got hacked
I already sumitted a report about this. but even if I try to click the forgot you’re password and enter my name , account key and character name its says “Error”

What should i do?

Update: If I respond to the email , i get an automated mail about the support system changing but yet no respondse.

White Lions Claw , dungeon, Living Story ,
Personal Story, WvsW , Guild Missions, Living Story and so much more.
(We have Teamspeak and a forum ) join us!

(edited by BlakThornArrow.2389)

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Either you got hacked or it’s the ‘game forgets passwords’ bug. It’s probably not hacked because if they switched your password, you wouldn’t be able to access the forum.

Be sure you are using email and password, not account name and password.

Try unclicking the remember password button on the game and typing it in manually.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

BlakThornArrow.2389

still cant get in really weird :/

Astral Projections.7320

The thread I saw about the log in bug stopped without anyone posting a solution except to try unclicking remember password. It appears you are going to have to wait for support then. Hope it gets resolved soon and you get back in game.

BlakThornArrow.2389

thanks mate will do!

BlakThornArrow.2389

Bump. Getting really frustrated by this…..
How long does it usually takes for anet to respond on one of these?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Support has up to 72 hours before you should become concerned about no response. Should that amount of time pass before they have contacted you, you can post your ticket number in the sticky (Tickets 3 Days and Older). I am sure you will hear something before then.

Edit: I see you have posted there, already. Be aware that usually consideration is only taken on tickets 72 hours or older.

Astral Projections.7320

If you mean ticket wise, from a few hours to 24 hors for the first response.

If you mean on the forum, it’s early Sunday morning. About 2 AM for Gaile, the Support Liaison. I wouldn’t expect her to post until Monday sometime.

Your ticket will probably be resolved by support long before she comes back.

BlakThornArrow.2389

alright^^ i’ll just wait till i see an e-mail pop up then :P

@inculaptus cedo , Yes i missunderstood that :S my bad.

(edited by BlakThornArrow.2389)

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I’ve had a ticket into Anet about this for two weeks now. Last message back from them “they had accelerated it to look into the issue further” and that was nearly a week ago … I have to reset my password literally every day now. Still no solution.

I thought I had a fix with it by not checking the “remember password” thing, but that appears to have been a temporary fix. I am still stuck with having to reset password every day. Would love an answer on this.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

BlakThornArrow.2389

I dont get this support section either. i mean if you have been waiting for two weeks and still no help -_-

BlakThornArrow.2389

This topic can be closed problem solved! thank-you Arenanet!

Astral Projections.7320

This topic can be closed problem solved! thank-you Arenanet!

Can you say what solved it, for future reference?

Jayne.9251

Yes can you share please? There’s a lot of us dealing with this issue at the moment it appears. A fix you got may help others.

And I thought I had mine fixed too, but it reappeared a couple days later.

BlakThornArrow.2389

Well it was a rather simple something , wait for the email from anet and reset you’re password

Posted by: Chris.2064

Chris.2064

same problem for me today.
Account recovery, password reset and game repair did nothing.

Still waiting for ANET to reply to my ticket

Nymeria
uA – MEOW – Sen
Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: VulpineSoul.4175

VulpineSoul.4175

New to Guild Wars 2 after seeing a glowing review from Angry Joe, even went the digital deluxe route because he made the world sound awesome. I can’t log in. I can’t get help from support. All I see is Error 11:1001:2:1270 when attempting to log in and the option to recover the account which asks for my email address, the serial number, and a character name, I don’t have a character name because I haven’t been able to get INTO the game at all to make one. What a waste of 50 dollars.

Posted by: Figlilly.3907

Figlilly.3907

A lot of people (including me when I first started) put their account name in the log in screen instead of their email address. Perhaps this is what is happening in your case.

Posted by: Godrax.6095

Godrax.6095

Hello

Yesterday I purchased a game key for my friend and made an account.
My friend tried to change the email but it failed..
When he signed off we were both not able to login the account anymore..
We tried with both mail adresses, no luck.. When I try to register a new account it says my key is already activated and I cannot reset my password as it gives an error message.

I’ve already tried to contact support yesterday but they did not answer yet.. which is very very annoying for a starting player.
Any of you guys had this problem aswell and know how to resolve this issue..?

Thanks for reading and your help.
Thomas

Posted by: Jow.5478

Jow.5478

I am Brazilian, I am also with your same problem Godrax since bought the game yesterday, since it was on sale and I can not log into the account, says that the login or password is wrong. Pelomenos now I know it’s not just me who are experiencing this problem. If you have solution to your problem please contact me because I’m crazy to solve my problem. Also entered in contact with support and still have not been answered yet. I’m on the account of a friend, not as we do not have to log on the site and not in the game with the new account.

(edited by Jow.5478)

Jow.5478

Yesterday I bought a key to a friend, because I got the key did everything right the new account over time to log into the site or in the game says that is the wrong login or password, I have sent several supports and neither has been answered yet, like a solution to this problem. Because it was bought by card.

Thanks for the support, Jow.

Astral Projections.7320

While some people are having password problems, one common error is they try to login with the account name (Jow.5478). The game is like the forum, email and password. Have you been doing that?

Jow.5478

Yes, I’ve tried several ways, put email put the example u gave there, I’ve done everything and not of right. I’ve sent support 3 times no one has been answered yet.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Have you checked your spam/junk/etc. folders for email? Sometimes the responses end up there.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Hello

Yesterday I purchased a game key for my friend and made an account.
My friend tried to change the email but it failed..
When he signed off we were both not able to login the account anymore..
We tried with both mail adresses, no luck.. When I try to register a new account it says my key is already activated and I cannot reset my password as it gives an error message.

I’ve already tried to contact support yesterday but they did not answer yet.. which is very very annoying for a starting player.
Any of you guys had this problem aswell and know how to resolve this issue..?

Thanks for reading and your help.
Thomas

There is no way a user can change the email address associated with a game account. Only Customer Support can do so. You and/or your friend (whoever owns the email that was originally used to set up the account) would need to contact CS, and make sure to check your spam/junk/etc. folders for responses from Support. They need some time to help you, but if you have not heard anything after 72 hours, you can post your ticket number in the sticky for ‘Tickets 3 Days and Older’.

Welcome to Tyria, and good luck.

Jow.5478

Yes have looked, have nothing = /

Posted by: bluestocking.6148

bluestocking.6148

I’m sorry, I’m confused as to what you mean when you say “bought a key to a friend”. Did you purchase a key from a friend, or did you buy one and send it to a friend?

The account owner is whoever has registered the account, which may or may not be the original purchaser of the key. If you purchased a key from a friend that was already registered, support will not be able to help you.

I am destruction itself. I also bake cookies.

Jow.5478

I sent for him, helped him create and time to log into the site or in the game says that the email or password is wrong. What did too are having the same problem.

Jow.5478

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I’ve noted quite a few threads about log-in issues, and we naturally want to attend to each issue while also investigating the possibility that there’s a glitch that is impacting a few players.

Please post here with the following information:

Error Message/Code:
Problem Began (date):
New account or existing account:
Ticket Number(s)

If you were able to resolve this, please post what you did to make things work for you.

Thank you for your help!!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: DreamGirl.2069

DreamGirl.2069

Hi all,

I don’t really know what to do anymore.. i have this problem now for 3 days.
What do i do:
- i loggin’ as normal
- normal password & email as usuall
- then i get the error >> name or password are invalid >> error code: 11:1001:2:1270
- i try like 20 more times and it’s still not working. I check my capslock etc but that’s all good..

then i’ll ask for a new password and then it’s working again, when i want to play again, it starts all over. It reallly makes me mad right now, is there any hacker on my account?! What is going on?!

The weirdest part of it all is that today i can login to the forum but i can’t play gw2. The other days it wasn’t even possible to login to the forum, so that’s new today..

I really hope that somebody can help me.

Astral Projections.7320

You may have the ‘game forgets password bug’. You are going to need to contract support. Use the support tab, top of the page.

DreamGirl.2069

Thanks for your reaction!
But i already contact them, still no response.. it’s been a fiew days now since i did that..

I hope it’s a bug as you said and not a hacker or so..

Astral Projections.7320

I doubly very much it’s a hacker. A hacker would change your password and lock you completely out of both the game and the forum.

If it’s been 3 days or more since you contacted them you should post in the stickied, ‘tickets for review, 3 days and older’.

Jow.5478

I’m also experiencing this problem des day I bought the key that was on Sunday which is on sale for 29.99 am unable to log into the site and GW2 so far, do not know anymore What do I have sent 3 emails to support and so far not been answered. I am very saddened by the Company as it is a very good game to play pity that the support is not as agredavel as some pension.

Astral Projections.7320

I’m also experiencing this problem des day I bought the key that was on Sunday which is on sale for 29.99 am unable to log into the site and GW2 so far, do not know anymore What do I have sent 3 emails to support and so far not been answered. I am very saddened by the Company as it is a very good game to play pity that the support is not as agredavel as some pension.

For one, normally you don’t send in multiple tickets. More then one slows them down and slows down any response to you. All they do with extra tickets is read them then close them down. They don’t help you at all. If you have additional information you update your first ticket.

Right about when you sent in your first ticket, they redid their support system. It’s possible they are swamped with duplicate tickets from people trying to negotiate the new system as well as bugs that may have arisen. It usually takes up to 24 hours for the first response.

What I do suggest, if you only have ticket(s) to the old system (the ticket number will be in the format 1310XX-XXXXXX) go ahead and make a new ticket for the new system. Copy and paste your old ticket number and information on the new ticket. If you do have a ticket to the new system and if it’s been 3 days or more since you heard from them, post in the stickied ‘tickets for review, 3 days and older’.

bluestocking.6148

Okay, let me see if I’ve got this:
1) You bought the game.
2) You made an account on the game (you used the serial code)
3) You want to give this account to your friend, but he cannot change the email to his own.
Is this correct?

Your problem may be that YOU are considered the account owner since you made the account. Transferring an account to another player is not allowed. If you want to give your friend the gift of GW2, you have to send the unused serial code.

Since you made the account, you are the owner. You can’t give that account to someone else.

Edit: This was to Jow, I didn’t quote and the thread got merged.

(edited by bluestocking.6148)

Jow.5478

Yes, I did it what you did, the more the friend not me who all signed up for it on my PC and I want the gift to him but I can not get on the forum or in the game. I do not want to change anything just give him acc. And has very topic around, many players with the same problem I bought the game cadastram everything right and can not log into the website and not in GW2.

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

I’m having the same problem too, I’ve changed my password tons of times already, it keeps saying invalid password and I’m pretty sure it’s correct…

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Jayne.9251

Here’s some other posts on it:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/can-t-login-4

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/cant-login-technical-issue-or-hack

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Game-rejects-passwords-overnight

Unfortunately my “solution” I found in the last thread was only temporary, and back to the same password reset bug for weeks now.

DreamGirl.2069

Jayne, thanks for the links! i’m gonna read them and i’ll hope support will send me a email back.

Still got the problem though..

Jayne.9251

Yep. Have had this issue for two weeks going on three now.

However, the mighty and beautiful Gaile has spotted the issue. I have faith that maybe what they tinker around with mine will hopefully solve it for others.

(edited by Jayne.9251)

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Any who has had this issue should post your ticket number(s) here. In fact, let’s be thorough:

Ticket Number(s):
Issue started:
Message I get:

I want to really dig down to see what’s going on.

Thanks for your help!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Please read this post for details on how we can find a way to help us help you!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Posted by: Jemidon.5810

Jemidon.5810

OK, I changed the log in ID to my email and was able to get into the game.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Well, I learned that I could not merge and have my post at the start, which was my intention. So here’s the scoop:

Situation: Player is unable to log in to the game, usually getting an Error 11, but sometime receiving another error code.

First, a question:

Are you using your e-mail address as your log-in name? Not display name, not character name, but your e-mail address as your Account Name?

If so, and if you cannot log in, please provide:

• Ticket Number(s)
  • Date/time (time zone) issue started
  • What message/error code do you see?
  • Is this a brand new account or an existing account?

Thank you so much for helping us figure this out.

I want to really dig down to see what’s going on. Thanks for your help!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

bluestocking.6148

Yes, I did it what you did, the more the friend not me who all signed up for it on my PC and I want the gift to him but I can not get on the forum or in the game. I do not want to change anything just give him acc. And has very topic around, many players with the same problem I bought the game cadastram everything right and can not log into the website and not in GW2.

Yes, many people are having the problem logging in. I’m telling you that you can’t give your account to someone else. That is a different problem.

Posted by: Viraldi.9610

Viraldi.9610

• Ticket Number(s): Request #4290
  • Date/time (time zone) issue started: 10/22/2013 and 10/23/2013 CDT
  • What message/error code do you see: 11:1001:2:1270
  • Is this a brand new account or an existing account: Digital Deluxe Edition (new)

My thread: [click here]

Problem Solved | Disregard

(edited by Viraldi.9610)

Posted by: RCM.9648

RCM.9648

Hey there, I have a friend with this problem, so he asked me to answer this post for him:

Display Name: magicknot.7260
Build: 25436
Ticket Number(s): 19348
Date/time (time zone) issue started: 9PM GMT
What message/error code do you see?: “The account name or password you entered is invalid. Please check your information and try again.” Error code 11:1001:2:1270
Is this a brand new account or an existing account?: Brand new

He can’t login on the website nor the game, and he can’t recover his password, probably because he doesn’t have a character yet, so he is leaving that field blank…

Thanks in advance.

Jayne.9251

Did you validate your account via the email that was sent (usually a different email than the one with your game code)?